The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

i reinstalled windows xp a week ago and got internet from bell yesterday someone else set it up,the lights on the modem are all Solid green yet i can't connect to internet i can do wireless internet on my ps3, with the modemany idea whats wrong?

i reinstalled windows xp a week ago and got internet from bell yesterday someone else set it up,the lights on the modem are all Solid green yet i can't connect to internet i can do wireless internet on my ps3, with the modemany idea whats wrong?
It doesn't sound like your modem is the problem, it's your machine. Have you made sure your network card driver has been installed?

Right-click "My Computer" -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manger

From here you can see if all of your drivers are installed or not. Check and see if your Network Adapters are showing as installed. If they are not installed, then you should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.

Eh, not really sure. It's not the old tower style, though. It's one of the newer models. It might be the 160GB, but I'm not entirely sure.

It keeps making this loud clicking noise (this is the best way I can describe it), but whichever disc I put in won't play. It just sits on the loading screen, and nothing happens.

Any help I could have provided is officially gone.

I recently had an issue with my PS3 and while trying to figure out what I could do to try and salvage it to collect save files, I found that many people were experiencing the same issues that I was around the same time, but it was only affecting the old, fat models.

Like Sly mentioned, you should contact Sony and see what they suggest. For my issue it was going to cost me $202 to have it shipped to be repaired or replaced with an equal model. I'm not saying that it will cost you the same amount but that's probably the worse case scenario.

Good luck.

It doesn't sound like your modem is the problem, it's your machine. Have you made sure your network card driver has been installed?

Right-click "My Computer" -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manger

From here you can see if all of your drivers are installed or not. Check and see if your Network Adapters are showing as installed. If they are not installed, then you should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.

It was hidden but its there and installed

Yup or Audio or Flash/JAVA i desperately need a new PC lol

If you're plugged into the modem, open your command prompt again and type:

ipconfig

What is your IP address and what is your Gateway? Also, do you have a light on your computer where the ethernet cable is plugged into the machine?

I keep receiving error codes 320 and 330 everytime I try to use the recovery discs. After googling for answers I think it might have something to do with the HDD. How do I go about selecting a new one to purchase?

I keep receiving error codes 320 and 330 everytime I try to use the recovery discs. After googling for answers I think it might have something to do with the HDD. How do I go about selecting a new one to purchase?
If you're willing to just give up and go buy a new hard drive (and I'm not saying that as a negative, sometimes that is what you have to do), it's actually a pretty easy process.

The more storage you have, the higher the price. So you'll need to decide how much storage you want. I have always had good success with Seagate drives. You'll want to look for a 7200 RPM drive. And I don't recommend refurbished/economy friendly drives.

I don't generally have a problem but my laptop was recently wiped. I get this little popup menu in the centre of my screen that says that I've plugged in my charger or that caps lock is on. How do i turn it off? Before the wiping it was off.

I have an iPod question.

I have an iPod Touch (2nd Generation). I had been syncing my podcasts to my iPod, so I can listen to them on the go. I have since unsynced them. However, about 10 of the podcasts are still on my iPod. They don't show up in my iTunes, but they show up on the podcast section in my iPod. I do not know of any way I can delete files using my iPod. How can I delete these? Will I need to wipe my entire iPod?

I have an iPod question.

I have an iPod Touch (2nd Generation). I had been syncing my podcasts to my iPod, so I can listen to them on the go. I have since unsynced them. However, about 10 of the podcasts are still on my iPod. They don't show up in my iTunes, but they show up on the podcast section in my iPod. I do not know of any way I can delete files using my iPod. How can I delete these? Will I need to wipe my entire iPod?

I used to have the opposite of this problem in that podcasts wouldn't sync to my iPod after being downloaded onto iTunes. I fix this, I would have to sync the iPod twice and the podcasts would transfer over.

Are these Podcasts ones that you subscribe to? If I subscribed to a podcast, I was unable to transfer it to my iPod for some reason.

I used to have the opposite of this problem in that podcasts wouldn't sync to my iPod after being downloaded onto iTunes. I fix this, I would have to sync the iPod twice and the podcasts would transfer over.

Are these Podcasts ones that you subscribe to? If I subscribed to a podcast, I was unable to transfer it to my iPod for some reason.

I no longer subscribe to some of them. And they are over a year old, now. They haven't been on my computer for over a year, too.

My computer doesn't seem to be playing audio through my tv anymore (it had since I hooked it up) It will play it through headphones but not the tv.

EDIT: I found that the Sound icon on the volume mixer doesn't seem to be working, but I don't know how to fix it

I have an iPod question.

Was your iPod ever synced with another iTunes library?

I ask because I tried to download some new podcasts last night, which was the first time in nearly two months and when I hooked my iPod up, it said that it had been synced to another librarby (which has never happened but I digress) My iTunes had all of my music on it, but all of my playlists & podcasts that were on the iPod weren't showing despite them being clearly on my iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back