The success that awaits CM Punk

kylexxx

Occasional Pre-Show
I am aware that there is the failure that is Punk thread already however I am focusing more towards the future of Punk as opposed to the reign they are mentioning. That said if the mods feel they should be merged I apologise and have no qualms for this being done. Now onto my thread....

I actually think that this swerve by WWE is actually beneficial to Punk more so then being the champ and once I explain what I foresee happening hopefully a few people agree.

So creative does an amazing job of teasing a Punk/Orton fued which after their encounter on RAW shows great promise, they follow this up by have Orton and his new 2nd Gen goons jump Punk and take him out of his own championship match which surely meant his title was going around the waist of someone else. Obviously setting up a higher profile fued with Orton for Punk in which he wont take a backseat to the likes of JBL, Batista and Cena. But before I touch on the Orton fued which is a month or so off yet due to injury.

Jericho comes out on RAW to celebrate not only putting HBK on the shelf again [HBK off to heal injuries] but he won the title in his second match of the night. This brings out Punk who tells Y2J that just how is will never be better than HBK, he wont be better than him and the only reason he won the title was cause he was taken out and took his spot. The fued over the title and at No Mercy HBK costs Y2J the title, prolonging their fued and giving Punk reign #2.

This leads to a title program with Orton and his stable which involves a Survivor Series match between Orton and Priceless/Afa and Punk with his team, then a title match at the following PPV were Orton goes over in perhaps a gimmick.

Thats my thoughts on why this move was the best for both RAW and Punk

great post but I am sorry, CM Punk is just not very entertaining as the Champion, at least with Y2J the Champion will now be part on a major fued on Raw also since Y2J turn heel he has been amazing and Y2J can carry a fued especially when it comes to stuff on the mic, with CM Punk he is a guy you see in the first hour of Raw but don't see him at all for the rest of the show

that Y2J vs HBK fued was/is by for the most entertaining fued on Raw right now, not sure if CM Punk had an interesting fued so far since being champion, I agree I think a Fued with Orton could really help and I truely hope that a Stable with Orton, the Tag Champs and Afa Jr is the plan that would be awesome!

The success that awaits CM Punk?

Well this will depend on the reason why he was made to drop the title and only appear on a video being attacked. If for some reason that he was busted in a drug violation or something, then that would totally kill his character and there would be absolutely no success that awaits CM Punk.

I don't believe the whole wellness violation thing, but it is always something to think about but I think that it could just be part of his fued with Randy Orton and possibly Randy Orton done it because he doesn't want to see the WHC disgraced. If this is so, I see a great opportunity for CM Punk who could possibly lead a team into Survivor Series against a team of Randy Ortons choosing. A clean win over Randy Orton would help CM Punk hugely.

As long as there was no wellness violation, then I think the future is looking good for CM Punk. Possibly another WHC run, I don't mean after Jericho but in a year or two. Who knows?

Punk wont go over Jericho I think, I am not sure how long Jericho's run will be but I think he'll see off Punk before probably becoming Batista's bitch in time for WrestleMania (exageration I know).

Punk on the other hand Punk will probably come out of this stronger than he went in, especially after he fueds with Orton, this fued will hopefully go for a while as it has had an extremely good build, I shouldnt worry about CM Punk, as said in the other thread if he's good enough he'll make it top again.

I agree, I don't think Punk will go over Jericho and reclaim his gold anytime soon, but i agree with your thread title, success awaits CM Punk now. I am really looking forward to his feud with Orton and his goonies, as well as CM Punk forming his own group to help him battle Orton's clan. Now if WWE is smart, they will begin to build Punk as a more legitiamte champion, maybe they'll even let him get a clean win over Orton. Either way, for the moment this will be good for Punk, fighting people more his size than JBL, Kane, or Batista. I would love to see a Jericho/Punk feud happen as I loved their match on RAW, and it has the buildup from previous matchups, MITB and KOTR. I say give Punk a year to fight with other main events and we will all see why the WWE decided to put the title on him and by the time his second title reign comes around, he will be better and so will his title reign.

Maybe the mark in me got carried away with punk winning off jericho however I do see their fued culminating in either an orton or hbk run in. The more I think about it, I see and orton and co interference costing punk once again and really solidifing their fued and also giving a lead in for hbk to join punk at survivor series as orton aided jericho who is returning the favor by rounding out his SS team

Success can come in many ways. Does the number of titles won in a career make a successful career? I believe not, its how you hold the title, or what you make out of the career. Punk was boring as a heavyweight champ, but that doesnt mean he wont have a successful career. Many stars had a successful career in the E without ever holding the title. Punk is officially a legit maineventer that may come with many title reigns or that might be his only one. Punk might have a successful career without ever holding it again. His feuds chasing the title could become memorable. I think the better question is, could Punk have a successful career without ever holding the title again?

I don't think Punk will be taking the title off of Jericho on Raw next week or at No Mercy for that matter. Because I think the title will be used to further the HBK/Jericho feud. Something along the lines of HBK comes back and takes the one thing that Jericho loves his title. Jericho retains and eventually loses it to Batista in time for Batista/Cena at Wrestlemania. Now as far as Punk goes he doesn't need the title to be a good superstar on Raw. He feels kind of like Rey Myesterio from Smackdown during his reign and after. The Ultimate Underdog. I think a feud with Orton/Punk would be good. Orton and his 2nd gen stable could cost Punk his Cage match on Raw next week and a rematch at No Mercy and by then Orton will be healthy. Orton wins at Cyber Sunday in a gimmick match that the fans choose. Then team Punk takes on Team Orton at Survivor Series.HBK pins Jericho to win the match for Team Punk. Punk beats Orton at Armageddon. End of Feud. I could see Punk facing Edge or being in Money In the Bank this year at Mania. The sky is the limit for CM Punk.

Bottomline, C.M. Punk will be a very entertaining and well liked mid-card Champion. Intercontinental, United States, he'll bring attention to those titles.. but he'll never be worth watching as a World Heavyweight Champion. Period.

Before I get flocked with more simple-minded people who only wanna rebuttal me with "That's because you dislike Punk". Get over it already.. if I didn't like the guy, I wouldn't claim he could be anything. I like him, I enjoy watching him.. in the mid-card. Because that's where he belongs.

He's the guy that gets you pumped in a high-impact match with a John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin or even Chris Jericho.. to start the show, or keep it going. Not to end it. He's stale and plain in the Main Event spot, and hell he wasn't even really ever IN the Main Event spot even as World Champion.

I think the best way to judge whether he is or isn't a solid Heavyweight contender is to ask this question. "Would you believe C.M. Punk could Main Event Wrestlemania?"

If you said yes, you're blind and very naive. You're a bunch of other words I can't say without it being flaming either. The bottomline is, Punk is NOT Mania Main Event worthy. He isn't that over, and he isn't that enjoyable to watch.

His success will be making the Intercontinental Championship, or United States Championship look good again.

Or his success doesn't even have to involve holding a Championship. I'd be just as content with him wrestling AND winning like he did back when he first arrived. He was doing well in ECW with his undefeated streak and all. Him returning to the mid-card stage is appropriate. It gives him time to develop further and not become a rush attack spotlight emphasis who can't win a match where it counts. I'm a long-time CM Punk fan. I loved his ROH and indies work. I loved the Pepsi Plunge. But, he's in a different wrestling world now -- the WWE. He needs time and he needs some opponents that have good chemistry with him.

i dont think we should judge punk just yet. i mean yeah he lost the tittle but was he pinned. no. punk can now play the underdog and get the tittle back. after thefeud with orton though probably. punk skills have gotten better in the ring and on the mic. look at how he carried jbl in his tittle chances eve though jbl is past his prime punk made him look like a million dollars. punk should stay in the main event but needs to turn heel. how about he turns on his stable and joins orton and batista or cena come back to take over the stable.

Theres on benefit at all to Y2J dropping the belt to Punk, it makes much more sense for HBK and Y2J to have the belt as part of there feud whilst Orton helps put Punk et al over.

I totally agree with TheOneBigWill. CM Punk isn't main-event material. He isn't Mania Main Event worthy and his promos are sooo boring, I flip the channel. He'd be great as a US or Intercontinental champion but as WHC champion, he's not ready. I'd add that it was suppose to be Jeff Hardy but he got suspended. So, I look at Punk as a Transitional Champion.

Well back to back feuds with Orton and Jericho, in whatever order could either make him huge or make sure he never gets the title again, depending on how it's booked.

I could totally see Edge vs Punk at WM 25 with Punk winning.
These guys need to have a feud after the whole cashing in Mitb thing, and it could be a classic.

That being said, I agree that seeing Punk turn heel would be great. But if it happens, it won't happen till Cena comes back, otherwise there'll be too many heels on Raw.

Punk will always be an upper mid-carder imo. He'll float back and forth between the mid-card and the main-event, but it's just too hard to imagine him ever main-eventing WrestleMania. He's very talented but theres alot missing in his style and presence. He doesnt have that ''IT'' factor to him, he may be a great role model for the kids but grown men will soon get bored of him and his John Cena like approach to things. All that not backing down crap, we've been seeing from alot of guys for years. I would like Punk alot better if he were a heel because he's never going to clash well with guys like Cena and Batista if he's face their both too over with the fans as we all know. Punk being heel is out of the question right now anyway, with Michaels only showing his face once or twice a month and Cena being injured, Punk is one of the few top faces on RAW right now.

To sum it up Punk has a bright future and is probably on his way to becoming one of the most overated superstars in the WWE. Hopefully he's not going to be shoved down our throats for years to come and keeps a good back and forth transition from the Main-Event level.

I agree with BigWill in the sense of literally taking a superstar, and putting him in your mind, "Can this wrestler headline WM at this point in time?"

CM Punk, at this point in time, can't headline WM. I don't see it happening. The Punk/Orton feud is a good idea, and I believe that I can see Punk overtaking Orton and the Priceless gang, taking one member at a time. I see Manu defeating Santino (due to the fact that Santino called out Orton tonight, and told him to apologize), taking the IC belt, and holding onto it until Manu loses to Punk, who then takes the IC title. Then Orton/Punk feud continues, and Punk wins.

Other than that, an upper mid-carder like Punk is where he should stay, and like it has been said before, Punk will bring a lot of prestige to the second tier belt.

well with Y2J recent CLEAN win over CM in that Steel Cage Match I guess that means CM will be pushed back probably for a few months, he had his run and it was a decent run but I think Y2J deserves this title run especially since he turned Heel

but this is not the end of CM Punk not by a long shot, I still think they should turn him heel, I honestly don't think the fans are stupid enough to buy that "Clean" gimmick maybe it is suppose to be for the kids I guess but I just dont see that gimmick working long term

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back