The song that got you into...Rob Zombie

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]xg_bhGI1m4I[/youtube]​

Yeah that's right, the first time I heard a Rob Zombie song was when Edge was using this as his entrance theme back in the early 00s. i don't know what it was about this song but it helped me becaome a fan of both Edge & Rob Zombie. I started watchjing wrestling in 02 and the first time Edge came out to this song i was hooked. I didn't know who sang it but after a little research I found out it was Rob Zombie and I listened to other songs of his and I have to say since then he has been high on my list of Metal bands that I enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]H8gHMU-pDbU[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this video, in clips on an episode of Bevis and Butthead when I was like 13. A friend of mine was already a fan of White Zombie, so he was all excited and pretty much marked out like Bevis and Butthead. I on the other hand had no clue who this band was, but I found their look and sound to be interesting.
I had my friend record me a copy of his La Sexorsisto tape and it was on after that, White Zombie was one of my favorite rock bands in high school.
I got Rob Zombies first solo album and I enjoyed it, but I have not bought anything of his after that(well I did buy the Ramones tribute cd that he put out).

I can't say for sure what song it was that got me into Zombie for sure, but I do remember "More Human Than Human" sticking out for some reason. I was a bit younger at the time. Then I saw his group "White Zombie" on the movie AIRHEADS playing a club band. Over the years I got older and saw other things advertised and heard random things with them playing in them. Then I started dating a guy who was into wrestling, and I saw Edge, and recognized his intro music, Rob Zombie. I was like :worship:, "This is my land!! Rock and people laying down the law!!" Then that's when things for Zombie started blowing up, he did House of 1000 Corpses, and that was even better for me. I slowly but surely got deeper and deeper into Zombie. I remember watching this old show on Mtv, called House of Fashion, it was first hosted by Cindy Crawford, then Molly Sims, and she did a whole show with Zombie on tour. He was SUCH a mellow guy with a sense of humor. His cute little dog, Dracula. Then, he's always a guest on The Rock, 98.9, because one of the morning hosts, kinda stalks him. LOL. But Zombie, is a great singer, producer, director. A little FYI, did you know that Zombie had his IQ tested as a kid, and he was tested with a genius IQ?? Did you also know that Zombie and his wife are vegans? Anywho, I even remember getting his Greatest Hits collection for a Christmas Gift from my sweetie one year, along with a few of his dvd's. (Not the most romantic, but it was my idea of romantic.) But Zombie is a genius with his mix of old time sh-locky movies sometimes, and infectious hooks.

[youtube]xg_bhGI1m4I[/youtube]​

Yeah that's right, the first time I heard a Rob Zombie song was when Edge was using this as his entrance theme back in the early 00s. i don't know what it was about this song but it helped me becaome a fan of both Edge & Rob Zombie. I started watchjing wrestling in 02 and the first time Edge came out to this song i was hooked. I didn't know who sang it but after a little research I found out it was Rob Zombie and I listened to other songs of his and I have to say since then he has been high on my list of Metal bands that I enjoy.

Kind of ironic I'm going to see Rob Zombie on Feb 22nd AND this is the song that got me into him. I listened to the song all the time, then my friend made me listen to Dragula

[YOUTUBE]EqQuihD0hoI[/YOUTUBE]

It was cool but I forgot about it until late last year when I got the tickets and know Ican't stop listening to it.

I am the same as Alex-A. I only really became aware of Rob Zombie through the Edge entrance music, and the next song of his that I really loved was "Dragula". That has to be one of the most catchy tracks I have ever heard, it is always a sure-fire dancefloor filler in any of the metal clubs I go to.

I am gonna have to check out more of Rob Zombie's material. I havent heard too much of his stuff, but everything I have heard, I like. A good friend of mine is a big fan of Zombie and is going to see him live soon, so I will try and borrown a couple of albums and give them a listen

First of all rob is my favorite solo artist, I love just about every song he makes but the first time i heard a song by him was "Rat Finks,Suicide tanks, and canibal girls" it was alright. But the song that made me a huge zombie fan that i am today is "dragula" it is a great song, I love the rock/rap feel to it. The lyrics are great "dead i am the one exterminating aon slipping through the tres strangling the breze" Thats just great. Every rob zombie song is great but dragula is my favorite

Well I grew up in an era where he was in a little band called White Zombie so the song/songs that got me into Rob were from then. Songs likeMore Human Than HumanandThunder Kiss '65 come to mind

I, to was a huge fan of ThunderKiss 65. Actually heard it in Guitar Hero, then I looked it up and noticed Edge's theme song was Rob Zombie. But on Guitar Hero, Thunder Kiss 65 was the very first song I could play on Expert, so it is TK65 for me.

Yeah same here I became aware of him when I heard Edge entrance music and I realized I heard a few of his songs before when I did some research like "meet the creeper" which is my favorite. Shout outs also go to "dragula" and "superbeast" which are awesome

Definetly "Feel So Numb" for me, my friend showed me the music video. I ofcourse thought the video was trippy(as are all of his) but I loved the song, love the energy and I listen to this along with Superbeast and Dragula regularly. That also led me to watching his movies which I like most of so I am very glad I was introduced to RZ with such a great song.

[youtube]BvsMPOfblfg[/youtube]​

The song that got me into Rob Zombie was Living Dead Girl. At the time when I was a little younger and had only heard 80's rock, this song sounded totally unique to me. It was sounds like techno, rock, and Egyptian all in one, and today it still remains my favorite Rob Zombie song, and one that reminds me of my ideal woman. XD

The music video is clever to me. It plays out like a really fucking old silent horror film, but the way it looks is more funny than it is creepy.

The song that really got me into Rob Zombie was Feed the Gods by White Zombie, as soon as i heard that song i bought their entire catalog and two of Rob's albums.

The song that got me into Rob Zombie was Superbeast. It was the first song of his that I heard. I came across it because of one day when I needed music in the background of a movie project for school and a classmate let me borrow a Rob Zombie cd of his. It is still my favorite song of his. I also like the Girl On a Motorcycle remix, it's underrated and almost as good as the original in my opinion.

[YOUTUBE]4poRkeB1grU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ItNT68b9oqA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure at first I heard Superbeast, Living Dead Girl and Dragula but I think I would have put the album away after a few listens had it not been for this song. I love the Arabian like feel to the beginning and for some reason it became my favorite song on the album and encouraged me to look into his back catalog which at the time consisted only of his old band White Zombie. Over time I came to like White Zombie more than Rob's solo stuff but Hellbilly Deluxe definitely takes me back to middle school.

[YOUTUBE]IZyUxgi-iC0[/YOUTUBE]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back