• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The song that got you into : Metallica

WWWYKI777

Getting Noticed By Management
I have seen theres a "The song that got you into : (Insert band/artist here)" for several different bands/artists in this section but not Metallica yet

So here it is

For me it was "Cyanide" , I was always kind of indifferent-ish towards Metallica to me before that point they were just one of those bands from the radio who I thought were pretty good but never actually into them

Anyway when I heard "Cyanide" on a good speaker system in a new car I was blown away , went and bought the Death Magnetic album and shortly after backtracked into getting into the older stuff too (Cept Load/Reload/St.Anger , screw those and a signifigantly milder screw that to Kill Em All)
(Ride the lightning , Master of Puppets , And justce for all , Self titled album and Death Magnetic are absolutley great CDs imo though)

So how bout you all?

The song that got me into Metallica was Seek & Destroy. It was one of the first songs they ever released, and part of the reason it got me into them is because it was the first song that I heard of theirs. It introduced me to one of my favorite bands. I've enjoyed nearly all of their older songs (anything from The Black Album and before that) and it all comes back to a moment when I was little and someone at my school played Seek & Destroy for me WAY back in the day. I've been a fan ever since.

For me, I believe it was "I Disappear", and I get a feeling that this thread HAS actually been posted before, I am sure I remember discussing this song at some point in the past....

Anyway, I had heard a few Metallica songs on TV and always thought they were ok but then I heard "I Disappear" from the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack, with the video on TV and thought it was one of the best songs I had ever heard. I remember looking for it for ages, and eventually finding an import single in my my local HMV and buying it there.

Because of this I ended up listening to some more of Metallica's older work "Enter Sandman", "Master Of Puppets" and became a fan of theirs. Now I have pretty much all their albums (Bar Re-Load and ....And Justice For All) which are on my "to-buy" list

I love most of Metallica's work, they are by far the best of the "Big Four"

It was Wherever I may Roam that got me into Metallica.

[YOUTUBE]S5TnPjOd_To[/YOUTUBE]

It was recommended by a friend of mine.

I instantly loved the uniqueness I thought there was in the song and ended up asking for more song recommendations by the Band. :)

Huge Metallica fan hear and this is an easy question. An for the songs you guys posted all KICK ASS!! \m/

The song that got me into Metallica is Master of Pupets!!! This song was one of my dads favorites and he would always blast it on the radio. It is by far a serious jam. It shows Metallica was king of thrash back in the day. Then I heard Enter Sandman, and it was the first Metallica album I bought. Man did I play it out lmao. I also became such a fan I bought all their albums mulitple times due to over playing. So for me it was Master of Pupets that got me into them. OH BAY YOUR MASTER!! MASTER!!!! \m/ \m/

Master of puppets was the first song I heard and then I got the S&M. But my favorites are Until it sleeps, St. Anger (Love the video), and Fuel.

Metallica-My Friend of Misery
[YOUTUBE]NUmKitBtqgk[/YOUTUBE]

I think as a kid I was rather gifted with music. I've been a fan of alot of things, rock, rap, Icp, and more. But the one thing that has stuck with me is metal. My cousins played guitar and drums. The latter of the group was the best, but they played alot of Metallica. Well tried to at least, I can't say that I started at any point in time. Becuase I can't remember when I first heard the black album. But it was between the ages of 5-7 in my cousin Dusty's car.

This song got to me more than any song on the album and I still have no clue why. Till this day it has remained my favorite song from the boys. I allways request it when my local rock station plays a Metallica hour.

Another good song for me is the cover of Whiskey in the jar.

The Unforgiven from the Black Album.

I had an awesome English teacher at school, and we deconstructed the fuck out of the song's lyrics and video for a good couple of months which really made me appreciate the song so much more. The different imagery in just about every line of the song was fantastic and made me look into more of their stuff.

Thanks Miss McPherson, you dreadlocked haired wonder you!

For Whom the Bell Tolls. It's one of the first ones I ever heard, and it's still my favorite, I love the book, and I love the song. Ride the Lightning is also my favorite album, adn I believe it can go toe to toe with ayn of Metallica's album.

(Cept Load/Reload/St.Anger , screw those and a signifigantly milder screw that to Kill Em All)
(Ride the lightning , Master of Puppets , And justce for all , Self titled album and Death Magnetic are absolutley great CDs imo though)

You clearly haven't listened to Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger, just "heard" them. They are absolutely amazing. No one ever gives it a shot because it's the same opinion everyone has towards it: "New stuff sucks, they cut their hair."

Complete bull shit.

You clearly haven't listened to Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger, just "heard" them. They are absolutely amazing. No one ever gives it a shot because it's the same opinion everyone has towards it: "New stuff sucks, they cut their hair."

Complete bull shit.

Fuel is alright, The Memory Remains is pretty cool, and Unforgiven II is different, but cool at the same time.

With Metallica it seems that there's two opinions,

1. Old stuff is amazing, new stuf sucks

2. They evolved and people don't like change

Both are right, but one thing that we have to think about is that when Metallica gained fans by doing one thing, then does a completely different thing to try and get some new fans, sure, a few may start listening and buying new albums, but when you alienate your fan base, it's slowly going to get away from you.

For me it was Feul off of the album Load, my dad has been a fan since he was a teenager and when I was young I'm glad to say that he raised me on kickass bands and Metallica was one of those bands. Fuel was my first and one of my favorites of all time right up there with all the other great songs from one of the greatest bands in history, and I still remember clearly when I picked up that CD out of my dad's giant case with bands like Dio, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Ozzy, Motley Crew, Creed and many more, and I pulled out the Metallica disc and never looked back.

[YOUTUBE]Wdqo9aO0fyo[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't really hear any of Metallica's music until I was in high school. No one I knew really listened to it, then I became friends with a bunch of metal heads and they introduced me to it. They proceeded to play a series of songs for me one afternoon and there was one song that stuck out to me as being so bad ass I had to like these guys.

Whiskey In The Jar.

Enter Sandman was the track that got me into Metallica, a friend of my mother lent me their self titled after she heard me listening to Kiss once.
I love all their albums including St Anger, how anyone can question the second biggest metal band in the history of the planet is beyond me though, the vast majority of the posters here probably weren't even born when Metallica began (neither was I for the record).
Metallica make millions of dollars plying their trade, they're beyond criticism because they're an institution unto themselves

First song i ever heard by them was 'Wherever I May Roam'.

Heard it on a jukebox and had to ask people who sang it cause i didn't know them very well. After that got hooked. Really love their old stuff in the 80's. The other stuff is alright but doesn't beat the first 5 albums.

For me it was Feul off of the album Load

Same here. I seem to remember when I first started downloading songs when I was like fifteen or so, this was one of the first ones. I'm pretty sure I'd heard "Enter Sandman" and "Wherever I May Roam" before but as addictive as both of those are they just didn't grab me at the time. After "Fuel" I went back and got hooked on all their stuff. I thought Death Magnetic was great and can't wait for a new album................without Lou Reed.

Mine would be The Unforgiven II. The song was different from the other ones I had heard from them, and I liked how it was hard in some parts and heavy in others.

Oh man. That's a tough one...I like all the stuff from Load, Reload and St Anger because they sound a lot like Nickelback to me...so man, I have to go with St Anger. That shit rocks!

in all honesty ive never really been huge into metallica dont know why just havent but the song that got me intersted in them and made me check out more of their music is Enter Sandman thats 1 of my favorite songs ever.

Mine was "Enter Sandman", which has also retained it's place as my favorite song ever. My dad was playing Black Album in the car one day and I got hooked on it from the start. I now own all the albums, bar Load and Reload, and I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back