The song that got you into...Daft Punk

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]s9MszVE7aR4[/youtube]​

i know this isn't gonna get as many posts as my other threads in this series but if I can get a few people to listen to something they never would have otherwise I'm a happy man.I'll even give you a link to their other stuff if you're interested. Daft Punk collection on YouTube

So me and my firend i lived with at the time were forced to smoke out in his car because his parents didn't want us smoking inside the house because his young nephew spent a lot fo time over there and they didn't want him to get a contact high as well as the fact they didn't want us smelling up their house. SO we were out in his car and he had an mp3 player and one of those hook ups that let you listen to it in your car. We clam baked for about 10 minutes and then He told me he had a song he wanted me to listen to and this is the song he played for me. I don't know why but this song struck a cord with me and I got on youtube the next day and I found the collection I posted the link to above. Daft Punk is definitely an acquired taste but I encourage everyone reading this to give them a listen.​

I'll give you guys a short little story on how I first got into Daft Punk.

Q-Zar. Yeah, I'm talking about the lazer tag place. It was a big deal to have your birthday party at Q-Zar when I was in middle school, so I ended up going to a lot of birthday party's and playing a lot of lazer tag, to say the least I got really fucking good.

So one of the last times I was at Q-Zar I decided I was going to try and just PWN the competition, I get into the arena and I hear this beat throbbing in my head, and I fucking love it, I feel as if my adrenaline is pumping full blast. I get my score card at the end, with perfect accuracy, though I only took 32 shots they all fucking connected, and from that day on I absolutely fell in love the following song.

Yep, same song as Milenko, except mine is the better version, not the shitty shortened main stream version.

I really like this song, one of my all time favorite electronic songs; but I wouldn't call Daft Punk one of my favorites, though I certainly do enjoy them.

The song that got me into them was a combination of four songs, actually. They are the first four tracks of Daft Punk's second album, Discovery. I'll only post the first one, though I have a feeling we'll be seeing this first song on quite a few lists, hah.

So, who here remembers Toonami? If you were growing up when I was, no doubt you watched it a lot. It was my introduction to quite a lot of things - ReBoot, Gundam Wing, anime in general, and yes - Daft Punk. I remember it clearly. I could never watch the midnight programming blocks, having to be in bed by 9, but my brother always recorded it on a VHS for me to watch. One night they had a music video night, where they played the first four tracks of Discovery, which in reality was the first part of the excellent movie Interstella 5555. If you haven't seen it, rent it from Netflix. Anyway, I was hooked. Later that year, my brother got Discovery for Christmas and I was hooked. I loved and still do love that album. In fact, I hold that it is their best album, hands down.

Some side notes: Funnily enough, I always thought that Discovery came before Homework until X set me straight one night on here. Also, that music video night was also what got me into Gorillaz. The video for "Clint Eastwood" (and the song itself) were magical.

So yeah, Toonami and my brother.

[YOUTUBE]FGBhQbmPwH8[/YOUTUBE]

I dont really know much about Daft Punk, but its cool that you are suggesting a band from a different genre of music, hopefully more people will get involved in posting.

Anyway, I only know a few of their tracks, but "One More Time" was probably the first one I heard as it was one of their big mainstream hits while I was in high school. Pretty cool tune, not as good as "Around The World" but still pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back