The Savior of TNA - Paul Heyman?

TNA wasnt ready for Paul Heyman, and they may never will be. Hell TNA wasnt ready for Jim Cornette either, yet if they hired those two to run the show, (Heyman from creative and presonnel and Cornette from production) IMPACT would be huge. Dixie Carter is just afraid to give up that type of control and it is killing the company.

I remember seeing Cornette on iMPACT! when I first started watching it. And they certainly weren't in a better position then, than they are now.

No wonder TNA didn't get Heyman if those demands are correct. Who in their right mind would pay someone $5m a year with absoulutely no guarentees that that person would do anything to grow your business. At least with signing a guy like Hulk Hogan, you are guarenteed publicity and attention in the Wrestling World.

I'm so tired of hearing about Paul Heyman.

if wrestling fans want to see more wrestling in TNA, how would they feel about more MMA/UFC type stuff? last I read part of Heyman's plan was to use MMA/UFC type stuff. personally I thought the type of stuff that Jeff Jarrett was doing was stupid!
I don;t remember where I read it at the time, but Heyman also only had a 5 year plan. 2 years to build the roster, 2 years to exploit that roster, and 1 year to get out.

people want Heyman because he is someone different and they feel like who is in charge now isn't working, but there's no guarantee that Heyman himself could do any better than where they are now.

I remember seeing Cornette on iMPACT! when I first started watching it. And they certainly weren't in a better position then, than they are now.

No wonder TNA didn't get Heyman if those demands are correct. Who in their right mind would pay someone $5m a year with absoulutely no guarentees that that person would do anything to grow your business. At least with signing a guy like Hulk Hogan, you are guarenteed publicity and attention in the Wrestling World.

How much are they paying Bischoff?

And attention in the wrestling world? Heyman wouldn't bring that? Hogan didn't make anything better. Bischoff didn't make anything better.

I've watched Impact with Cornette on there and it sucked Miz's balls like Michael Cole does. Would Heyman be the savior? NOO.

Let's get rid of everyone over 40 not a good idea to a company that is trying to bring in new viewers on a weekly basis you need names to bring in viewers do they have the pieces yes. the problem is the network they are on. They don't have enough commercials advertising the show all over the place and they stay in one place way to much. They need to travel more along with nice advertising in the areas that they will be in.
I read a post in another thread asking where Diesel has been the last 9 years. NO one really knows about TNA that is the problem. They also need to advertise their PPV's more often on the shows. Those that watch know they are coming up, if someone stops on the channel and liked it, they wouldn't know about it and plan out the ppv more than a week ahead of time with the matches involved.

That was all about not having money and losing their network to the WWE! With TNA he won't have those problems! He can just focus on building the T.V. and structuring the company in his vision!

you realize that a business is about making money, his company failed because he wasnt good enough to bring in enough money to run with. but I think he was ahead of his time, I think he would work well in this era.

Oh for the love of hell, this AGAIN?

Heyman is overrated, period. He was able to book interesting shows when he had Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Mysterio, Konnan, Taz and the Dudleyz in front of a bunch of drunk fans. Once that talent left, the stories SUCKED. People like to overlook that though because it helps their arguments. Watch any ECW show after the Dudleys and Taz are gone and show me one good story in the whole thing. I'll spare you the time: they don't exist. Heyman has been in charge twice of booking companies. The first was ECW, the second brought up the Extreme Elimination Chamber. This doesn't work and it's a stupid idea. His time has passed and it's not going to work nor happen.

So you mean after the talent that had NEVER been showcased in the US left for bigger companies (Not like ECW helped them spread their name in the US at all) The Stories sucked... Well as a writer I would just like to say that if your talent base sucks it does not matter if you write THE masterpiece to end all masterpieces. It does not matter if you Script the BEST production possible known to man. If your talent pool sucks. They will run your masterpiece into the ground and make it look like total shit. So saying that when the talent leaves the stories go bad is not a reflection on the writer but a reflection on how well the talent left can tell the story.

but then again never mind the fact that he saved Smackdown from judgment day. Never mind that he had a hand in getting some of the guys in the current main event to that position. And Never mind that half of the greatest names in the wrestling industry got their first REAL American Exposure in ECW.. Not to mention the Spark that ignited the Attitude Era...

I mean look at TNA there is a TALENT pool... Yet they can't do shit with it! So the fact that Paul Heyman at least knows what to do with talent and can build it properly and showcase it in a positive light is a step in the right direction from where they are now.

When a situation like the 2 THEY angles appear withen a couple months of one another and crap like the 3/3/11 promo not even the hardcore TNA marks can say things are ok... Even if Paul Heyman is not the savior everyone says he is with his experience and the fact that he does not have his head up his own ass is again a step in the right direction.

So you mean after the talent that had NEVER been showcased in the US left for bigger companies (Not like ECW helped them spread their name in the US at all) The Stories sucked... Well as a writer I would just like to say that if your talent base sucks it does not matter if you write THE masterpiece to end all masterpieces. It does not matter if you Script the BEST production possible known to man. If your talent pool sucks. They will run your masterpiece into the ground and make it look like total shit. So saying that when the talent leaves the stories go bad is not a reflection on the writer but a reflection on how well the talent left can tell the story.

but then again never mind the fact that he saved Smackdown from judgment day. Never mind that he had a hand in getting some of the guys in the current main event to that position. And Never mind that half of the greatest names in the wrestling industry got their first REAL American Exposure in ECW.. Not to mention the Spark that ignited the Attitude Era...

I mean look at TNA there is a TALENT pool... Yet they can't do shit with it! So the fact that Paul Heyman at least knows what to do with talent and can build it properly and showcase it in a positive light is a step in the right direction from where they are now.

When a situation like the 2 THEY angles appear withen a couple months of one another and crap like the 3/3/11 promo not even the hardcore TNA marks can say things are ok... Even if Paul Heyman is not the savior everyone says he is with his experience and the fact that he does not have his head up his own ass is again a step in the right direction.

I hope you can read those words you wrote with all that Kool Aid on them. Heyman was a writer on Smackdown when they had who? The Smackdown Six you say? As in Edge, Chavo, Angle, Eddie, Benoit and Rey and that guy named Lesnar? So in other words, AGAIN, when he has top talent around him, he can do well. Does no one read what I bother saying?

Bischoff also has experience. Know what else he did? He had WWF and Vince beaten. Know what Heyman did to hurt Vince? NOTHING. Heyman ran an indy company and then worked on Smackdown under Vince with top talent. Bull fucking shit can he save anything. So Mr. Writer, I'd suggest you stick to writing because it seems you know very little about wrestling and how it's booked or basic logic for that matter.

Oh for the love of hell, this AGAIN?

Heyman is overrated, period. He was able to book interesting shows when he had Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Mysterio, Konnan, Taz and the Dudleyz in front of a bunch of drunk fans. Once that talent left, the stories SUCKED. People like to overlook that though because it helps their arguments. Watch any ECW show after the Dudleys and Taz are gone and show me one good story in the whole thing. I'll spare you the time: they don't exist. Heyman has been in charge twice of booking companies. The first was ECW, the second brought up the Extreme Elimination Chamber. This doesn't work and it's a stupid idea. His time has passed and it's not going to work nor happen.

Did he create the ECW Elimination chamber concept?

Also, he did great with good wrestlers, guys who could be interesting and had good repetoires. Look at the TNA roster. Tell me you don't see half a dozen guys at the least who could use that. Jay Lethal, Crimson, etc..

And as for him being a bad booker in 2000 to 2001, you forget he was during bad deal with TNN, top talent like Awesome and Storm left him because they weren't getting paid, and a good chunk of their final 15 months were without television and basically moving from show to show.

I'm not saying he's god or the best booker ever, because he's far from neither, but he's good. He thinks things through. And to be honest, that's what TNA needs more than anything.

I agree with hiring Paul Heyman, i think the first thing TNA needs is to put the belt on RVD asap he is the guy they should use to build the company for the short term ( one to 2 years ) during that time they can make new stars and elevate current mid card guys... And build a challenger over a 3-4 month span to challenge rvd for the belt my idea would be robert roode. I would run an angle where james storms drinking causes the team to start losing matches and for robert roode to snap and beat the hell out of storm the next week on impact give him time on the mic to explain his actions basically in short he can say he came to TNA to win championships and over the years he got caught up wih other people ie the team canada and later storm now he wants to be a singles guy and only count on himself let him fight matt morgan or some other midcard guy get pushed strong into a fued ending with RVD for the belt put roode over... also first and formost FIRE matt hardy,gunner and that other goof and get rid of all dead weight hire more roh guys and build the rest of the talent

He was able to book interesting shows when he had Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Mysterio, Konnan, Taz and the Dudleyz in front of a bunch of drunk fans.
I think that the reason why stories began to suck after those names left was because they were some of the biggest names in the business and ECW was beginning to lose money
- Let me explain. If WWE suddenly started losing money and then began to lose their biggest stars, I would assume that people backstage would be scrambling to create storylines for the remaining talent. When the aforementioned names began to migrate to the WCW/WWE I believe the storylines began to get bad.
Has zero to do with booking. Please try to stay on topic which I know is difficult in a line long statement.
Wait, i'm confused, wasn't your first statement about him being able to book shows when he had certain people and when they left the shows sucked? I thought I had addressed that statement thoroughly. I apologize if I hadn't.

When a person is broke, they don't have many options and they begin to get stressed out and you do NOT (trust me) do your best thinking while stressed out.
In other words, when the pressure was on Heyman and he didn't have the same resources he had before, he failed. Thank you for agreeing with exactly what the point of my argument was.
Again, a little confused.
Your argument was that he was overated and only good due to the talent he had around him and your opinion that he was overated began to show through when those people left him right?
Ok, I got it...and my response was simply this, I believe the storylines began to suck due to financial stress and his top stars leaving and NOT because he was overated to begin with. Its hard to think when you have financial issues and the people you built a brand on walk away to the competition.

I never disagreed with your assessment of the fact that ECW ultimately failed. I disagreed with your assessment of Paul Heyman being overated. I don't believe ECW failed due to Paul Heyman's creativity as a booker or his vision as a promoter. I believe he failed in ECW due to financial struggles.

I think the product got bad cause the money got bad

The money wasn't good in the first place but whatever.

Well a thousand dollars isn't great money until you only have ten dollars of it left. Then you wish you had all of it back. I'm sure at the beginning of ECW it wasn't much, but it was more than what he had at the end. That's all i'm sayin.

Look at what he did on Smackdown. When the money is there, the options are there the stress is gone and the product wins.

Also when talent is there, which is again, now stay with me here, EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.
Now let me be clear. Paul Heyman, lost the names. Like you said. The story lines began to suck in ECW due to, in my opinion, financial issues. Like I said. However, when he went to the wwe and was booking smackdown with the talent (like you said) and the money (like I said) the options were there, the stress was gone, and the product won.
(like we said?) Its ok if we agree on some of this. We're just two grown ups having a conversation.

Heyman can do the job, and do it better than anyone there right now. IMO
And you would be wrong.
In your opinion. And you are respectfully allowed just that.
as am I.

I think its unnecessary to be an A$$ in your commentary. We are two people who obviously have different ideas on the subject and that's fine. But don't disrespect me and I won't disrespect you. Lets at least TRY to be civil?
Thanks.

I don't know about that. ECW was almost similar to how ROH is now, it is only for a certain taste. It did what it could with what it had.

Arguments about whether or not he'd be good or bad for TNA are just as debatable.

What is a fact though is that when he was running things over on Smackdown, it was nothing like ECW and thoroughly kicked ass.

He took Smackdown, that was starting to lose momentum after its explosive debut and completely revitalised it.

Heyman going to TNA would be very similar to when Heyman went to Smackdown.

Yes but he had Vince Mcmahhon to override his decision about what would happen on the show. I'm not saying Heyman is not good, but he can,t have total control of the product because it might be that his vision is not the vision of what people want to see.

[cL];2905742 said:
I don't think that would happen. I dont' think Paul Heyman is a person who doesn't learn from his mistakes, and not only that, I don't think that he'd come in and change the TNA format from what got them over in the first place to something that was already done. Anybody CURRENTLY watching TNA knows that's not gonna work. Why? CAUSE ITS NOT WORKING. Paul Heyman has vision and I believe he'd come in, shred everyone over 40 and look at what he has in the current revamped roster, and make the standouts, stand out. If the X Division was what made them, he'd probably go back to that and push the crap out of it. Not only that, I totally believe that he would make EVERY division relevant. You gotta realize, that ECW was years ago and the business has changed since then and will change even more later on. If I know that, and YOU know that, Paul Heyman, knows that.
IMO

Ok. Like i said before Heyman had Mcmahon to override his decisions so the whole argument that Heymant revitalized Smackdown is not completly true. Another thing, you need the old wrestlers because people know them. If you ask people about Hogan, well people will recognize him. I you ask people about A.J. Styles , well it won't be the same reaction as if you asked people about Hogan.

[cL];2907268 said:
I think that the reason why stories began to suck after those names left was because they were some of the biggest names in the business and ECW was beginning to lose money
- Let me explain. If WWE suddenly started losing money and then began to lose their biggest stars, I would assume that people backstage would be scrambling to create storylines for the remaining talent. When the aforementioned names began to migrate to the WCW/WWE I believe the storylines began to get bad.

Yes. As I've said FIFTY FUCKING TIMES, anyone can book when they have talent around them. This isn't saying Heyman is great or bad. It says he's NORMAL.

Wait, i'm confused, wasn't your first statement about him being able to book shows when he had certain people and when they left the shows sucked? I thought I had addressed that statement thoroughly. I apologize if I hadn't.

And again, the fact that he ran out of money has zero connection to his ability as a booker. We've been over this. ECW running out of money has no connection to him being able to book a good show. You can have the greatest show ever on a budget of 8 dollars or you can have a budget of 10 billion and have a terrible show. It's not connected.

When a person is broke, they don't have many options and they begin to get stressed out and you do NOT (trust me) do your best thinking while stressed out.

Again, a little confused.

Heyman as a businessman.

Heyman as a booker.

See how they're separate? That's because they're different things. If I have to spell it out for you so be it. Heyman being a bad businessman is no justification for questionable or bad booking decisions. It's his fault for trying to do everything and he should get blamed for it.

Your argument was that he was overated and only good due to the talent he had around him and your opinion that he was overated began to show through when those people left him right?

Oh it's another person that thinks opinions can't be wrong. I get it. See, here's the thing: I've forgotten more about this than you'll ever learn, and I'm likely far more intelligent than you, so I'll let it slide that you don't get this, but trust me: opinions can be wrong. Mine aren't.

Ok, I got it...and my response was simply this, I believe the storylines began to suck due to financial stress and his top stars leaving and NOT because he was overated to begin with. Its hard to think when you have financial issues and the people you built a brand on walk away to the competition.

Correction: I don't believe that. I know that. And again, booker and businessman are different things.

I never disagreed with your assessment of the fact that ECW ultimately failed. I disagreed with your assessment of Paul Heympan being overated. I don't believe ECW failed due to Paul Heyman's creativity as a booker or his vision as a promoter. I believe he failed in ECW due to financial struggles.

You mean a company having no money can make it fail? Wow you learn something new every day!

Well a thousand dollars isn't great money until you only have ten dollars of it left. Then you wish you had all of it back. I'm sure at the beginning of ECW it wasn't much, but it was more than what he had at the end. That's all i'm sayin.

Uh....sure.

Look at what he did on Smackdown. When the money is there, the options are there the stress is gone and the product wins.

Say it with me so you'll learn it too: when people have talent around them, they can make good shows. When they don't have talent around them and they make good shows, that shows talent. Having talent around you and making a good show simply means you didn't fuck it up.

Now let me be clear.

Ok Clear. I'll be KB.

Always wanted to use that joke.

Paul Heyman, lost the names. Like you said. The story lines began to suck in ECW due to, in my opinion, financial issues. Like I said. However, when he went to the wwe and was booking smackdown with the talent (like you said) and the money (like I said) the options were there, the stress was gone, and the product won.
(like we said?) Its ok if we agree on some of this. We're just two grown ups having a conversation.

Heyman can do the job, and do it better than anyone there right now. IMO

In your opinion. And you are respectfully allowed just that.
as am I.

I'm not sure if it was all the "it's my opinion" weak excuses or the various formatting that made my head hurt, but in short, Heyman failed in ECW and his best success was when the sixth best wrestler he had was Eddie Guerrero. Half the people here could book a good show in those conditions.

Now, if you think that a guy that was competent at best can save TNA, have fun believing that.

I think its unnecessary to be an A$$ in your commentary. We are two people who obviously have different ideas on the subject and that's fine. But don't disrespect me and I won't disrespect you. Lets at least TRY to be civil?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I actually disagree with everyone so matter-of-factly writing off the final couple years of ECW. IMHO the TNN era of ECW was incredibly entertaining. I think the Cyrus/Network storyline worked really well(and i hope TNA finds a way to borrow off of it with their current Bischoff v. Network angle). I also thought the last couple ECW PPV's were still very good shows, and to this day I wish that last Living Dangerously could've happened as scheduled.

I'd love to see what Heyman would do with creative control of TNA if he had it, but I just can't see it ever really getting close to happening again.

If not Heyman, then who would you want assuming control over TNA if another regime change were to occur(excluding anyone with the last name Mcmahon)??

I loved the original ECW and I loved Heyman's work in it. It sounds like many of the people here at least had a great deal of respect for it. Heyman has demonstrated in ECW, Ohio Valley and on Samckdown an ability to book/write in a way that doesn't copy his own product. Not seeming very interested in going back to wrestling has at least offered some advice to a popular TNA.

But do I see him as the saviour of TNA? No. I see him as someone who would be a very good asset to the company. I see him as someone who has the ability to take talent that is being underutilized and making them shine, and someone who can stick to a long term plan to help improve the product overall.

I see TNA right now as having too much invested in the current crew of Russo, Bischoff, Hogan and Flair to switch so quicly without complication. Bischoff and Heyman have run their promotions in the past and have entirely different ways of doing this, and if he's having to work with either of the first 2 mentioned this is simply not going to work. I have no clue if there is any heat between him, hogan or Flair so I can't speak to that but this really brings home the real question that underlines the main topic:

Is TNA failing with the current staff that they have?

They storylines are far from the best or original, We are seeing many older faces or recent WWE ones making their way there, and it obviously irritates a lot of people myself included. But in simplest terms, as much as we hate it, it's not failing. Be it from kneejerk reaction to the idea of Bischoff, Russo and Hogan in yet another promotion with any measure of control, or seeing some things that we don't see as working (Immortal, the Copying of 2/21/11, Jeff Hardy's new heel character, etc) people haven't all turned off the TV when TNA comes on.

I personally don't care for it, and I didn't care for the last days of WCW, save for Booker T finally getting over as champion and staying in the main event. And I did follow ECW right up until Living Dangerously in 2001, and thought that despite the lack of big talent they were still giving us solid matches more of what I did enjoy.

But putting Heyman in charge isn't going to be the automatic changeover so many think it will be. It took time for TNA to get to this point under the current staff, and there would definitely be growing pains putting in a new booker, writer, or new leader as it were.

We're looking at this with rose colored glasses I think. Heyman was very good at what he did, and I would love to see him working in a promotion he's not financially responsible for. Heyman could still be of great use to TNA.

But not as things are, and not with guaranteed results if he got there. The wrestling business isn't the same as it was even when he was running Smackdown or when ECW first returned to the WWE. It's part of the reason I don't think Russo and co.'s method of idea and story regurgitation is going to have good long term effects. It's getting the kneejerk reaction but won't guarantee to stay interesting. Heyman's original vision and product did a great deal for the business but it won't guarantee the same results it did.

I would however still like to see how it would play out.

One person's view.

How much are they paying Bischoff?

And attention in the wrestling world? Heyman wouldn't bring that? Hogan didn't make anything better. Bischoff didn't make anything better.

I'm not sure to be honest but i would assume its not as high as $5m a year.

Hogan also brings mainstream publicity, as well as just publicity in the Wrestling World. And you seriously cant think the signing of Heyman would be anywhere near as big as the signing of Hogan? I'm also pretty sure a lot of wrestlers would love to work for Hulk Hogan, would they want to work for Heyman? Given his previous track record?

In your oppinion Hogan and Bischoff havent made anything better, others oppinions may differ.

Here's the thing, Paul has said in interviews that ECW while it was his baby, wasnt what he intended, but he had to do it to survive. His talent roster was terrible most of the time he owned the company and the stars he did get were quickly eaten up by WCW, who were trying to bankrupt ECW. Haymen said that he put on that type of show because due to lack of talent and funds the only way to survive was to be different, the exact opposite of the other companies.

He has also stated that if he was to take over TNA he would want a 5 year, $5,000,000 a year, total control over the roster and personnel, and free reign on creative. He didnt want to deal with the politics or the checkbook. He said if TNA wanted to have him then they needed to be ready for him and since he didn't believe the company was serious about competing on any level with any other company he was upping his price tag and if they were serious they would agree, if not they would refuse.

Heyman just flat said point blank that TNA wasn't ready to hire a real, pure, wrestling mind and visionary to run their company and take them to the next level and they proved that by not agreeing to turn over creative/personnel control to him, if she would have done that he would have lowered his price tag but since she didnt agree then he wasn't going to take time away from his daughters for any less than $5 Mil a year.

TNA wasnt ready for Paul Heyman, and they may never will be. Hell TNA wasnt ready for Jim Cornette either, yet if they hired those two to run the show, (Heyman from creative and presonnel and Cornette from production) IMPACT would be huge. Dixie Carter is just afraid to give up that type of control and it is killing the company.

Yet, she gives up control to Hogan Bischoff and Russo.
Ain't that a blip?
Adding Jim Cornette to the equation? .....i just got goose bumps.....

if those two could get along and make that happen...i'd be GLUED to imact every week.

Another thing, you need the old wrestlers because people know them. If you ask people about Hogan, well people will recognize him. I you ask people about A.J. Styles , well it won't be the same reaction as if you asked people about Hogan.

I agree. Name recognition is important though I do agree with getting rid of stagnant wrestlers over 40. However Not ALL wrestlers over 40. I've read a lot of what people here had to say, and people like Kurt Angle who are over 40 but can still go, should be able to stay. Hogan and Flair, though I would use them in the back and to be ambassadors for the brand. I understand what youre saying and I think you're right in that regard.

Though on smackdown, though he did have Vince in his ear overriding certain things, he was allowed to do a lot which means, he was BIG part of revitalizing smackdown at that time.

Yes. As I've said FIFTY FUCKING TIMES, anyone can book when they have talent around them. This isn't saying Heyman is great or bad. It says he's NORMAL.

And again, the fact that he ran out of money has zero connection to his ability as a booker. We've been over this. ECW running out of money has no connection to him being able to book a good show. You can have the greatest show ever on a budget of 8 dollars or you can have a budget of 10 billion and have a terrible show. It's not connected.

Heyman as a businessman.

Heyman as a booker.

See how they're separate? That's because they're different things. If I have to spell it out for you so be it. Heyman being a bad businessman is no justification for questionable or bad booking decisions. It's his fault for trying to do everything and he should get blamed for it.

Oh it's another person that thinks opinions can't be wrong. I get it. See, here's the thing: I've forgotten more about this than you'll ever learn, and I'm likely far more intelligent than you, so I'll let it slide that you don't get this, but trust me: opinions can be wrong. Mine aren't.

Correction: I don't believe that. I know that. And again, booker and businessman are different things.

You mean a company having no money can make it fail? Wow you learn something new every day!

Uh....sure.

Say it with me so you'll learn it too: when people have talent around them, they can make good shows. When they don't have talent around them and they make good shows, that shows talent. Having talent around you and making a good show simply means you didn't fuck it up.

Ok Clear. I'll be KB.

Always wanted to use that joke.

I'm not sure if it was all the "it's my opinion" weak excuses or the various formatting that made my head hurt, but in short, Heyman failed in ECW and his best success was when the sixth best wrestler he had was Eddie Guerrero. Half the people here could book a good show in those conditions.

Now, if you think that a guy that was competent at best can save TNA, have fun believing that.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

You're TRYING to get me to be ignorant aren't you? You want me to let you have it. I'm doing my best to have a civil disagreement with you without the name calling or references to who's smarter or just rudeness all together, but you want that don't you? Whether you know it all or know nothing AT all, means absolutely positively unequivocally nothin to me. I asked everyone's opinions about a subject, that was totally my OWN opinion. Right or Wrong is irrelevant. You agree or you disagree but you don't be an A$$ about it. I don't care WHAT you know. I don't care WHAT you've forgotten. I don't give to craps and a piss about your knowledge of the wrestling business at this point. You're opinions are moot to me because you can't seem to share your opinions without trying to make someone look as if they're ignorant for even having it! So, I'll be Clear, and You be KB:
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING RESPECTFUL TO SAY, STAY OUT OF THIS FORUM. IF YOU FEEL LIKE THIS IS A REHASHING OF MORE OF THE SAME FOR YOU, THEN GO THE FREAK AWAY. IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE TALKING TO A MORON OR A BUNCH OF MORONS, THEN LEAVE US TO OUR OWN DEVICES. Remember, if you're doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, its called insanity....so well...yeah...what you're doing is clearly defined.
IN SHORT: If you wanna be smarter than a 5th grader do that with Jeff Foxworthy. In THIS forum everyones opinion is to be RESPECTED whether you agree or not. If you can't figure out a way to be respectful, then screw what you know. You can take all of your vast wealth of knowledge to the MIT version of wrestlezone at www.idon'tgiveacrapwhatyouthink.com

Have a nice day.

I loved the original ECW and I loved Heyman's work in it. It sounds like many of the people here at least had a great deal of respect for it. Heyman has demonstrated in ECW, Ohio Valley and on Samckdown an ability to book/write in a way that doesn't copy his own product. Not seeming very interested in going back to wrestling has at least offered some advice to a popular TNA.

But do I see him as the saviour of TNA? No. I see him as someone who would be a very good asset to the company. I see him as someone who has the ability to take talent that is being underutilized and making them shine, and someone who can stick to a long term plan to help improve the product overall.

I see TNA right now as having too much invested in the current crew of Russo, Bischoff, Hogan and Flair to switch so quicly without complication. Bischoff and Heyman have run their promotions in the past and have entirely different ways of doing this, and if he's having to work with either of the first 2 mentioned this is simply not going to work. I have no clue if there is any heat between him, hogan or Flair so I can't speak to that but this really brings home the real question that underlines the main topic:

Is TNA failing with the current staff that they have?

They storylines are far from the best or original, We are seeing many older faces or recent WWE ones making their way there, and it obviously irritates a lot of people myself included. But in simplest terms, as much as we hate it, it's not failing. Be it from kneejerk reaction to the idea of Bischoff, Russo and Hogan in yet another promotion with any measure of control, or seeing some things that we don't see as working (Immortal, the Copying of 2/21/11, Jeff Hardy's new heel character, etc) people haven't all turned off the TV when TNA comes on.

I personally don't care for it, and I didn't care for the last days of WCW, save for Booker T finally getting over as champion and staying in the main event. And I did follow ECW right up until Living Dangerously in 2001, and thought that despite the lack of big talent they were still giving us solid matches more of what I did enjoy.

But putting Heyman in charge isn't going to be the automatic changeover so many think it will be. It took time for TNA to get to this point under the current staff, and there would definitely be growing pains putting in a new booker, writer, or new leader as it were.

We're looking at this with rose colored glasses I think. Heyman was very good at what he did, and I would love to see him working in a promotion he's not financially responsible for. Heyman could still be of great use to TNA.

But not as things are, and not with guaranteed results if he got there. The wrestling business isn't the same as it was even when he was running Smackdown or when ECW first returned to the WWE. It's part of the reason I don't think Russo and co.'s method of idea and story regurgitation is going to have good long term effects. It's getting the kneejerk reaction but won't guarantee to stay interesting. Heyman's original vision and product did a great deal for the business but it won't guarantee the same results it did.

I would however still like to see how it would play out.

One person's view.

I respect that. I think you're right in the aspect that it wouldn't be an overnight change. I think that it would take time, and even he said that he would have a 4-5 year plan to get things done. I mean I think that the reason why TNA is tanking so bad right now is because they're trying to become competition IMMEDIATELY. you know what i'm sayin? Like they're not giving themselves a chance to grow, but rather pulling in as much WWE sendoffs as possible to get name recognition, and wasting money on celebs that aren't bringing any attention to the brand. I mean if you're gonna waste money anyway, why not give it to Heyman and let him come in and take the time its GOING to take, to build your company into the monster it can become to compete with wwe, later on.....
in short, i agree with you...lol

[cL];2908086 said:
I agree. Name recognition is important though I do agree with getting rid of stagnant wrestlers over 40. However Not ALL wrestlers over 40. I've read a lot of what people here had to say, and people like Kurt Angle who are over 40 but can still go, should be able to stay. Hogan and Flair, though I would use them in the back and to be ambassadors for the brand. I understand what youre saying and I think you're right in that regard.

Though on smackdown, though he did have Vince in his ear overriding certain things, he was allowed to do a lot which means, he was BIG part of revitalizing smackdown at that time.

For Smackdown, well yeah maybe he did revitalize the product and was a big part of it. I don't remember really , i just meant that its not like he ran the show without having to listen to Mcmahon.

I hope you can read those words you wrote with all that Kool Aid on them. Heyman was a writer on Smackdown when they had who? The Smackdown Six you say? As in Edge, Chavo, Angle, Eddie, Benoit and Rey and that guy named Lesnar? So in other words, AGAIN, when he has top talent around him, he can do well. Does no one read what I bother saying?
Yeah because Edge, Rey, Eddy, Benoit, Chavo & Lesnar were all that great stars they are/were right now, of out all of those you mentioned only Angle was the proven name in all of this bunch.Heyman has an eye for talent and knows what to do with it, if it weren't for him, Steve Austin would've had the same career as someone like D-Lo Brown and never became the superstar he is today, if it weren't for him, Mick Foley would've been still wrestling in Hardcore matches in Japan and if it weren't for him, guys like Eddy, Benoit, Jericho & Malenko would've never been know to the US audience and probably never became the superstars they are now.But no, lets keep spouting shit, and present them as facts because it is what you think.

Bischoff also has experience. Know what else he did? He had WWF and Vince beaten. Know what Heyman did to hurt Vince? NOTHING. Heyman ran an indy company and then worked on Smackdown under Vince with top talent. Bull fucking shit can he save anything. So Mr. Writer, I'd suggest you stick to writing because it seems you know very little about wrestling and how it's booked or basic logic for that matter.

Yeah, and Bischoff also helped running WCW into the ground by ignoring all those talents you mentioned and sticking to the old guard, same way things are going right now with TNA. Bischoff had a non ending paycheck for him and managed to fuck things up in the end failing to create any star out of WCW except Bill Goldberg.

cL,

I watched the interviews with Heyman where he mentioned Dixie's offer and the problems he sees in NWA. He made a lot of good points but even he said he would be happy if anyone came along and was able to put TNA on the multi year plan to get it on track and put the focus on the talent and the show and not trying to directly compete with the WWE. Which is of course all the more reason for us to see Dixie not getting him instead of Bischoff as a bad thing.

There was also the things he said about how truly competitive Vince is. He was taking the talent from ECW as well but had periodically supported them financially and on TV, won the Monday Night Wars and ended up buying them both. I wonder sometimes if Bischoff and co. realize what they'd be getting themselves into if Vince actually paid attention to TNA openly. It would not be for the faint of heart if it actually got competitive....

And Heyman sees that. But as I've mentioned it would certainly be a transitional period.

And it would be interesting to watch....

There was also the things he said about how truly competitive Vince is. He was taking the talent from ECW as well but had periodically supported them financially and on TV, won the Monday Night Wars and ended up buying them both. I wonder sometimes if Bischoff and co. realize what they'd be getting themselves into if Vince actually paid attention to TNA openly. It would not be for the faint of heart if it actually got competitive....

I can actually see that but on the other hand Vince also made it hard for the other two companies by adding the 90 day no compete clause so like Luger did win a title on a WWE ppv then on Nitro the next night. It's good business logic. If TNA and ROH made these same type of contracts you might not see of the guys jumping ship so much when vince comes a knocking. If you look at it Vince took Nash and Booker right from under TNA's nose. Same thing as what he did ECW and WCW. He is benefiting some from other companies hard work and the wrestlers hard work at the same time.

I thing Vince is way to competitive and narcissistic at the same time. He likes the competition for a little bit then wants to be on top and the only way is to eliminate the competition afterwords to remain there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back