The ROYAL RUMBLE is CHANGING!

Let's hope JoMo starts at number 1 and wins it!

In all seriousness, I'm excited for it and it should be good. Let's hope number 40 entrant doesn't win it.

This means that the match will last longer and maybe some FCW guys, surprise people, and returning superstars will be in this. I also think that this change was made because there wasn't too much matches planned.

I feel like Joey Styles is the type of guy that would love to fuck with the WWE audience... but it would certainly be cool.

Right now I count around 43 healthy, male superstars on the WWE roster. At least 4 of those will be out due to being in world title matches. Can't say I'm overly excited to see Chavo, Curt Hawkins, Primo, and Tyler Reks in the Rumble. 30 was the perfect number to me.

This is what happens when Vince think he has a great new twist to something, like when he had the idea to make all PPV's gimmick PPV's , but all he is really doing is adding overkill. You do realize that this is almost half one hundred competitors in one match, right?

Right now I count around 43 healthy, male superstars on the WWE roster. At least 4 of those will be out due to being in world title matches. Can't say I'm overly excited to see Chavo, Curt Hawkins, Primo, and Tyler Reks in the Rumble. 30 was the perfect number to me.

You forgot the couple returns (Christian and Trips most likely) the surprise entrants (Tatanka or Duggan or something, maybe Piper v Snuka 2) probably Awesome Kong with a new and horrible name, and possibly a silly celebrity (lol drew carey)

You forgot the couple returns (Christian and Trips most likely) the surprise entrants (Tatanka or Duggan or something, maybe Piper v Snuka 2) probably Awesome Kong with a new and horrible name, and possibly a silly celebrity (lol drew carey)

Oh I realize there will be some returns and surprises but this still assures that pretty much every jobber on the roster will be involved. 10 extra guys is nothing more then a lot of extra filler for no reason.

Great. Because the match doesn't risk getting bogged down with fodder as it is.

That's almost a third of the participants. If it stayed at 30, there would be too much Nexus and not enough regular participants. 40 would put Nexus at 1/5 of the participants, which doesn't scream overkill.

Those 8 people happpen to compose most of the mid-card with DBD, Kofi, Rhodes and McIntyre aside. Only 28 more slots to fill.

I don't like it, all it means is we see additional 10 people we don't want to see waste our time. It's just adds more drag to the Rumble, even at 30, there were moments like that but not too often, see 2003 for example. If they do that with 40 guys, it's purely going to lead to boredom at some spots which we don't want to happen.

Entire cast of Jersey Shore getting simultaneously eliminated by the returning Khali FTW, then he jumps out of the ring Monty Brown style and fucks off

Vince's message to take home: Fuck the midcard.

Sidenote: has anybody notable ever debuted in the Rumble Match?

I really hope this is true. WWE could easily have only a few undercard matches (which no one cares about at the Rumble) to make up the time needed for 10 more participants in the actual Rumble match. The only thing that will change will be the overall length of the match. It's not like we're going to see all 40 men at once. I am really digging this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back