The ROYAL RUMBLE is CHANGING!

Stormtrooper

Championship Contender
Joey Styles just tweeted that this years Royal Rumble is going to have 40 superstars, instead of 30.

I personally love it, since there are so many superstars in the company that don't normally get on the PPVs.

Thoughts?

So when WWE officials announce something, you don't believe it? It's not like this is some Wrestlzone report, it's first hand info from someone whom works with WWE (.com).

I'm not as skeptical as others. Still, if they did it, what are your thoughts?

That's what I thought. WWE has a ton of superstars, and getting more of them on PPV is a good thing.

Although I think it would be a good idea to have shorter intervals between matches, because the match might take too long otherwise.

It would also provide positions for surprise guests. I'm not a traditionalist so I think it could be good.

This pleases me, GREATLY. I love the Rumble, and this adds in the possibility of more markout moments, more chances of winners, and more possible surprise guests. Plus it'll be longer.

AWESOME!

Might be a little bit long, though, and potentially a little congested in the ring. It could be argued that the extra 10 guys probably had no business being there in the first place if they weren't significant enough to crack the original 30. Not that I have any real problem with it, it just seems a little unnecessary and redundant. I guess I'm more old school.

Great idea but I am with KB one this one. When the announcement pops up on WWE.com then I will be more inclined to believe it. Still, The Royal Rumble match is my favourite match-up of the year and if there is 10 more superstars this year, then there is more of it to love. Bring it on!

I guess what I am saying is if adding 10 extra guys increases the number of realistic potential winners, that would be great. If it allows more debuts, more surprises, more returns, etc., I'd be all for it. If it means more guys like Triple H, Chris Jericho, or Batista, excellent. But if it means more Primo Colon, Zach Ryder, or Awesome Kong, then it will be much ado about nothing.

Overkill. As good as it might be, an hour and a half with about 18 participant's nobody will give a shit about, it's gonna be tiresome, dragged out and for the most part dull.

It was just made official on WWE.com so I guess that really confirms it. I really like this change. I can't wait to see how it differs from just 30.

It was just made official on WWE.com so I guess that really confirms it. I really like this change. I can't wait to see how it differs from just 30.

More Jobbers.

Also, there's no need for a midcard on the PPV. You could make do with Santnozlov vs the Usos and a diva match between the ttile matches and then just get ready to Rhumble.

Because it would have been so difficult to fit 8 men into a 30 man rumble.

That's almost a third of the participants. If it stayed at 30, there would be too much Nexus and not enough regular participants. 40 would put Nexus at 1/5 of the participants, which doesn't scream overkill.

Almost three decades ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, an unprecedented 40 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/matches/16630520/preview/

I find this very very strange, both in concept as in does this exceed their actual roster with non-rumble matches on the card also. Will they therefore use FCW talent.

More strangely someone made this exact thread a couple of weeks ago posing the question as to whether it could or would happen and the overiding majority said it wouldn't..... To be specific it was a guy called TUFFY54

From a personal stand-point I am a fan, It'll make the victory seem more hard-fought and the match will be longer, can't see why it wouldn't be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back