The Rock Has Rolled !!!!!!!!

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
Seriously, for the love of Christ, would all of the people who have been watching wrestling for five years please quit asking for the Rock to return.

HE'S NOT COMING BACK... EVER !!!!! IT'S OVER... DONE... FINISHED !!!!!

If you all haven't noticed yet, he's a pretty big movie star, making millions... and millions (had to do that :) ) of dollars appearing in Disney flicks.

He's not going to be the new GM of Raw. He's not going to wrestle John Cena at Wrestlemania 26. He's not going to come back and be the Undertaker's last "victim".

He has completely left the wrestling world and he will never make another appearance. I dare say he won't even be inducted into their fictional Hall of Fame (you all know there is no building, right ??) because he has no desire to return. His last appearance was simply for his grandfather and father.

That chapter of his life is finished.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please... stop speculating about the Rock returning to the WWE - it's not going to happen !!!!

Seriously, for the love of Christ, would all of the people who have been watching wrestling for five years please quit asking for the Rock to return.

HE'S NOT COMING BACK... EVER !!!!! IT'S OVER... DONE... FINISHED !!!!!

If you all haven't noticed yet, he's a pretty big movie star, making millions... and millions (had to do that :) ) of dollars appearing in Disney flicks.

He's not going to be the new GM of Raw. He's not going to wrestle John Cena at Wrestlemania 26. He's not going to come back and be the Undertaker's last "victim".

He has completely left the wrestling world and he will never make another appearance. I dare say he won't even be inducted into their fictional Hall of Fame (you all know there is no building, right ??) because he has no desire to return. His last appearance was simply for his grandfather and father.

That chapter of his life is finished.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please... stop speculating about the Rock returning to the WWE - it's not going to happen !!!!

You know what they say don't you? Never say never.

Whilst I completely agree with you that The Rock will not be back in the near future, I can see him returning somewhere down the line. I think that after he is done making High School Musical-esque movies he will come back in some way or form. Probably not as a GM or a s a superstar but I can see him taking part in the WWE in some way.

I know what you are saying though completely. I think that this all comes around because the fans are bored with the sate of WWE at the moment and want to see someone who excites them. Who does that better than The Rock? People are just disenchanted with the state of the WWE and just want something to happen that will make it appealing again and the return of The Rock is the only option that they can squeeze out of their limited minds.

I agree with you about his wrestling career being over but the Rock is almost guarenteed a spot in the Hall of Fame IMO. He was one of the biggest stars in the company (the amount of people wanting him to come back shows that), great wrestler, outstanding promos, some legendary feuds... the spot is his and i reckon he'll get it sooner rather than later

Eh, I see him coming back for a Hall of Fame honor, and that's it. Coming back in any extended role to the WWE would hurt his status in Hollywood. And let's face it, Vince can't match finances with what the Rock is getting from Hollywood at this point. Rock... er... Duane Johnson has moved on from wrestling. I would love to see him back, but its not going to happen.

I wouldnt even want to see the rock come back and fight cena or taker....id wanna see him come back and fight a heel shawn michaels. imagine the promos and storyline leading to that feud. It would be complete GOLD.

You'll see him when he gets inducted to the HOF (it will happen, I guarantee it), other than that he's done for good. The Rock is the only wrestler that was able to make it in another forum (wrestlers always say acting is the next step after wrestling) and the rock is the only one who can make a good living staying away from wrestling. Can you really blame the guy? Even Cena would do what the Rock did if he had the opportunity (the only movies he's been in were WWE flicks, and they were all bad).

The Rock's appeal to Hollywood is that he is an action star. I highly doubt that when his body begins to break down that his acting alone will earn him major roles. So his wrestling career is probably done but in 15-20 years he may make occasional appearances (but by then a whole new generation of fans may not feel the same way about him as most do now).

I agree that the rock will only make another appearance to be inducted to the HOF...however...i could see him come back somewhere down the line when is movie career is over because lets face it...not too many last long in hollywood anymore...hulk hogan came back when noone thought he would...i hope the rock stays away because why should he beat up his body anymore when he is rich enough to not have to work...but every big star always makes it back eventually

rock is still young and his body hasent been threw punishment in yrs. i think he will come back for a short while in a couple of yrs. look at guys like hogan, foley, steamboat they all come back one day

I hope he dosnt come back. Ive gotten over him. He was "The Peoples Champ"....then just left..No reason just cause he wanted Movies more then Wrestling even though he said other..If I was a fan and was there for his return id boo him. I dont like him, I dont want him, I dont think he deserves to go to the Hall...Just dont come back.You left you stay gone.....FOREVER....I feel betrayed by him and I DONT WANT HIM BACK.

I hope he dosnt come back. Ive gotten over him. He was "The Peoples Champ"....then just left..No reason just cause he wanted Movies more then Wrestling even though he said other..If I was a fan and was there for his return id boo him. I dont like him, I dont want him, I dont think he deserves to go to the Hall...Just dont come back.You left you stay gone.....FOREVER....I feel betrayed by him and I DONT WANT HIM BACK.

Well I don't see what the big deal is, i mean, if you were putting your body on the line, 5 days a week (or whatever he has them work), and you had the chance to get paid millions of dollars for a job much easier on your body, I'm pretty sure you would go to Hollywood.

On to the topic.

I realize the Rock will never come back, and to be honest, if he did he would be watered down. Look at Triple H promos from seven years ago, then look at his today. Hell look at how Randy Orton acts in this video:

[youtube]JDrEBgoxfUQ[/youtube]

And then look at any of his recent promos.

What I'm trying to say is that The Rock made you laugh by refrencing things like pie, strudel, etc. These things were hilarious, however in this PG Era, The Rock's legacy would only be tainted if he came back. He probably will come back for his inveitable Hall of Fame induction.

Please, Please, PLEASE, never compare Dwayne Johnson's acting career to Hulk Hogan's or any other wrestler ever. I also saw someone comment about Ricky Stemboat and Foley returning, well that's easy, it's all they ever did. The Rock makes more money in one movie than everything hogan ever did combined. He has bridged the gap between wrestling and movies. He is in big budget hollywood blockbusters and hate to say it but that's not going to change for a bit. He may return for a hall of fame in about fifteen years but there is NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT HE IS GOING TO WRESTLE AGAIN. Below I will list you the rock's movies and what he has in production, below that will be Hogan's credits, please look and realize you cannot compare the two. Maybe comparable in wrestling, different planets as far as acting goes.

Faster (2010) (pre-production)
Jonny Quest (2010) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Race Bannon
Planet 51 (2009) (post-production) (voice) .... Capt. Charles 'Chuck' Baker
Tooth Fairy (2010) (completed) .... Derek Thompson / Tooth Fairy

Race to Witch Mountain (2009) .... Jack Bruno
Get Smart (2008) .... Agent 23
Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride... Starring You! (2008) (uncredited) .... Action Star
The Game Plan (2007) (as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) .... Joe Kingman
Reno 911!: Miami (2007) (uncredited) .... Rick Smith, S.W.A.T.
... aka Reno 911!: Miami: The Movie (USA: complete title)
Starz Special: Gridiron Gang (2006) (TV)
Gridiron Gang (2006) (as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson) .... Sean Porter
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (2006) (VG) (as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson) .... Alex Decker
Southland Tales (2006) .... Boxer Santaros / Jericho Cane
... aka Southland Tales (Germany: DVD title)
Doom (2005) (as The
Be Cool
The Rundown
Scorpion King
Mummy Returns

Hulk Hogan:

Muppets from Space (1999) (as Hollywood Hogan) .... Man in Black
Shadow Warriors II: Hunt for the Death Merchant (1999) (TV) .... Mike McBride
... aka Assault on Death Mountain (USA)
3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain (1998) .... Dave Dragon
McCinsey's Island (1998) (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Joe McGrai
Assault on Devil's Island (1997) (TV) (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Mike McBride
... aka Shadow Warriors (video title)
The Ultimate Weapon (1997) .... Cutter
Santa with Muscles (1996) .... Blake
Spy Hard (1996) .... Steele's Other Tag Team Member
The Secret Agent Club (1996) .... Ray Chase
Thunder in Paradise 3 (1995) (V) (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
"Thunder in Paradise" .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer (19 episodes, 1994)
- The Major and the Minor: Part 2 (1994) TV episode (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
- The Major and the Minor: Part 1 (1994) TV episode (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
- Dead Reckoning (1994) TV episode (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
- Blast Off (1994) TV episode (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
- Deadly Lessons: Part 2 (1994) TV episode (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
(14 more)
Thunder in Paradise II (1994) (V) (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Randolph J. 'Hurricane' Spencer
Thunder in Paradise (1993) (V) .... R.J. "Hurricane" Spencer
Mr. Nanny (1993) (as Terry 'Hulk' Hogan) .... Sean Armstrong
Suburban Commando (1991) .... Shep Ramsey
No Holds Barred (1989) .... Rip
Rocky III

Um, so if you can't see that there is no comparison between the two I don't know how I can help you other than to say the Rock's movies have probably grossed over 400 million and Hogan might be lucky if he cracked 400 thousand.

The Rock will eventually come back. But only as a HOF inductee. The Rock is guaranteed a HOF spot.

He will never come back and we shouldn't get our hopes up in anyway. Just be thankful for the memories of a great character/wrestler and let it be and move on.

The Rock's not coming back? :(

Alright so it's improbable that Rocky will return, I still dont see whats wrong with speculation though, I mean, whats wrong with having a bit of fun exploring the idea.

You could say "well, HHH will probably come out next week on RAW and tell Randy Orton he's a scumbag". When it's much more fun to think "Orton could cut some boring promo, then THE ROCK! could come out and take offense to Orton calling himself the greatest generation superstar".

I dunno, forums would be lame without outlandish speculation.

The Rock's not coming back? :(

Alright so it's improbable that Rocky will return, I still dont see whats wrong with speculation though, I mean, whats wrong with having a bit of fun exploring the idea.

You could say "well, HHH will probably come out next week on RAW and tell Randy Orton he's a scumbag". When it's much more fun to think "Orton could cut some boring promo, then THE ROCK! could come out and take offense to Orton calling himself the greatest generation superstar".

I dunno, forums would be lame without outlandish speculation.

I agree entirely. The likelihood of the Rock's return is minimal, but what's wrong with speculation? We all know the next GM is going to be a letdown, so why not have some fun with it? Just like when a new owner was announced, everyone leap to a guy like Savage or Austin or what have you. It was a let down when Trump came about (though I actually warmed to the idea...until they aborted it a week later), but it was a hell of a lot of fun to think it might have been Savage, or whoever you wanted.

The same goes for the Rock. Will it be him as GM of Raw? Will he wrestled Cena? Will he feud with HBK? Almost certainly not for the GM or HBK, though I think it's somewhat more possible the WWE could get the Rock as their Mania celebrity for 26 or 27. But it's enjoyable to speculate, and it's enjoyable to hope. Can you deny that wrestling was better with the Rock? So what's wrong with hoping he'll come back? It's a delusion, sure, but it's hardly a harmful delusion.

I mean, goodness, this is a wrestling forum. Isn't the idea to speculate on future wrestling events? And wouldn't you, logically, speculate towards the most favorable outcome? The Rock returning is certainly a favorable outcome, hence hopes for his return.

His return is extremely unlikely, but there's nothing wrong with some hope.

I agree entirely. The likelihood of the Rock's return is minimal, but what's wrong with speculation? We all know the next GM is going to be a letdown, so why not have some fun with it? Just like when a new owner was announced, everyone leap to a guy like Savage or Austin or what have you. It was a let down when Trump came about (though I actually warmed to the idea...until they aborted it a week later), but it was a hell of a lot of fun to think it might have been Savage, or whoever you wanted.

The same goes for the Rock. Will it be him as GM of Raw? Will he wrestled Cena? Will he feud with HBK? Almost certainly not for the GM or HBK, though I think it's somewhat more possible the WWE could get the Rock as their Mania celebrity for 26 or 27. But it's enjoyable to speculate, and it's enjoyable to hope. Can you deny that wrestling was better with the Rock? So what's wrong with hoping he'll come back? It's a delusion, sure, but it's hardly a harmful delusion.

I mean, goodness, this is a wrestling forum. Isn't the idea to speculate on future wrestling events? And wouldn't you, logically, speculate towards the most favorable outcome? The Rock returning is certainly a favorable outcome, hence hopes for his return.

His return is extremely unlikely, but there's nothing wrong with some hope.

Yes, the "rant" as you like to put it is necessary. It's time to move on and accept the fact that The Rock is no longer a wrestler and never will be again. He's a major movie star commanding milions of dollars for each flick he stars in, no longer a wrestler.

It's also time to accept the fact that Bret Hart won't wrestle again because he had a damn stroke and can barely walk normally.

It's also time to accept that fact that Stone Cold's neck is so mangled that he will never perform in a ring again.

It's also time to accept that the PG rating is here to stay and that the Atitude Era has come and gone.

I'm all for speculation and trying to guess or imagine who the next ___ (fill in the blank) might be, but be realistic when doing so.

Every time something "big" is in the works, whether it's a new GM, a surprise guest or a spectacular return... the first names dropped are The Rock, Stone Cold or Bret Hart.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN... so accept it and move on.

The real problem is once somebody brings up their names, a thread moves from specualtion and guesswork to unrealistic dreams.

I would love to sleep with Mandy Moore, but guess what, it's not going to happen, no matter how much I speculate, guess or dream. So I realize that my love life will have to center around non-famous, attractive females rather than famous, rich, supermodel good looking women.

Why do you think the top posters in our forum stay away from the wrestling threads ??? Because they get tired of hearing the same stupid, lame ass comments about The Rock, Stone Cold or Bret Hart. That's in addition to the rediculous comments made about Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin or Festus being ready or able to carry the heavyweight strap.

Just because wrestling is a work doesn't mean we have to come up with the most improbable of scenarios for every single topic or thread.

Yes, the "rant" as you like to put it is necessary. It's time to move on and accept the fact that The Rock is no longer a wrestler and never will be again. He's a major movie star commanding milions of dollars for each flick he stars in, no longer a wrestler.

And he couldn't be persuaded to wrestle a match at WrestleMania? Floyd Mayweather is a professional boxer, Mickey Rourke is an actor who just came off when of the best films in recent history, but they were both somehow persuaded to appear at Mania. You don't believe that the Rock wouldn't return for one night to the business that made him for a WrestleMania match? I don't think it's anywhere near out of the realm of possibility that the Rock would appear at WrestleMania, be it 26, 27, or 28.

It's also time to accept the fact that Bret Hart won't wrestle again because he had a damn stroke and can barely walk normally.

Well, obviously. He could be in a non wrestling role, of course, but he'd never work for Vince again. Hence why he'll be working in ROH in the near future.

It's also time to accept that fact that Stone Cold's neck is so mangled that he will never perform in a ring again.

The same goes for Stone Cold as it goes for Bret, he could appear in a non wrestling role. And it's far more likely that he will, considering he has a better relationship with the company.

It's also time to accept that the PG rating is here to stay and that the Atitude Era has come and gone.

Not really, actually. The PG rating is, at best, temporary. There's two potential outcomes of the PG era - the planned outcome and the failure outcome. The planned outcome is thus: Vince is doing the PG rating to build a fanbase. Once he feels he's built a fanbase (although he clearly isn't seeing as how ratings are dropping), but once his senility allows him to think he has a fanbase, he'll wait for the kids he's attracted to the product to grow up and then transition to TV 14 again. The PG rating is targeted at an 8-12 demo, insofar as I can tell, so in 4-5 years it will be time to up the rating to TV 14. So "here to stay" isn't so much true as it is "here for another couple of years". The failure outcome is that Vince realizes that what he's doing is rather silly, and that if he ups the rating to TV14 and targets an 18-49 demo, kids will watch anyway, and he'll capture another audience. So, at worst, the PG rating lasts 5 years, at best, it lasts much less.

I'm all for speculation and trying to guess or imagine who the next ___ (fill in the blank) might be, but be realistic when doing so.

Realism is boring. Rampant speculation is entertainment.

Every time something "big" is in the works, whether it's a new GM, a surprise guest or a spectacular return... the first names dropped are The Rock, Stone Cold or Bret Hart.

imagine people should be attracted to the thought that three of the greatest wrestlers ever might be returning.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN... so accept it and move on.

For 2 of the aforementioned 3, I think there's a possibility it might.

The real problem is once somebody brings up their names, a thread moves from specualtion and guesswork to unrealistic dreams.

There's a difference?

I would love to sleep with Mandy Moore, but guess what, it's not going to happen, no matter how much I speculate, guess or dream.

Live the dream, ZT, live the dream.

So I realize that my love life will have to center around non-famous, attractive females rather than famous, rich, supermodel good looking women.

Your low standards are what's killing you.

Why do you think the top posters in our forum stay away from the wrestling threads ??? Because they get tired of hearing the same stupid, lame ass comments about The Rock, Stone Cold or Bret Hart.

Well, I prefer to think it's because most people can't articulate a proper sentence, but fair enough. I've not personally seen a thread devolve as such, but maybe I just haven't looked. Point one out to me.

That's in addition to the rediculous comments made about Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin or Festus being ready or able to carry the heavyweight strap.

People really believe Festus could be a world champion?

Just because wrestling is a work doesn't mean we have to come up with the most improbable of scenarios for every single topic or thread.

I don't see, exactly, how someone making a delusional prediction stops you from making a reasonable one. If someone believes Stone Cold, the Rock, or Bret Hart will return, and they comment that hey, perhaps the new GM is the Rock, does that stop you from suggesting the more logical alternative that there is no GM and that Vince McMahon will just run things? Of course not. I don't see the necessity behind telling people to stop it, because all they're doing is expressing hope for a better product.

The Rock has nothing left to accomplish in the WWE except for maybe a dream feud with Shawn Michaels that neither man seems to want. The guy is a 7 time WWE Champion and a 2 time WCW Champion. He did all that before he was 30. That's pretty impressive. He has nothing left to give to the WWE. The only way I'd care to see him back in the WWE is if he feuded with HBK and they both acted as heels. Obviously the match would have to be at WrestleMania. I'm well aware that it isn't going to happen though. He'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame one day and that's all that's left for him as far as wrestling is concerned.

Why in the hell would he want to? He's a legit actor now and a fairly big star. Why come back and have to work his ass off in the ring, flying all over the country and working 20 minutes a night? There's no reason for that when he's got a more lucrative and more respected career sitting right in front of him. He can be mainstream now and that's exactly what he's doing. Why int he world would he want to mess with that by going back and doing something that's considered stupid in the public eye? I get that he was a wrestler first, but that's all it is now: he was a wrestler. I have no problem with what he did and if that's what he wants to do now, so be it. He's never had a bad thing to say about WWE and if nothing else, WWE can point to him and say "come watch our show. You could see the next Rock." I'd do it.

He won't ever wrestle for WWE again. He'll make a HOF appearance (he's a guarantee) then bail back to Hollywood.

I don't have a problem with what he did at all. I'd do the exact same thing. Hmmm..... movies, respect, mainstream, millions of dollars or bust my ass travelling the country for half the cash, half the respect and no future past 45. The Rock can act into his fricken 70's if he wants (and don't say Flair did it into his 60's because that should never have happened) and still earn millions.

Cena ragging on the Rock is beyond stupid. The Rock never turned his back on his fans, he turned a page to a new chapter in his life (nice analogy haha). I have him on Twitter and half his posts are "RAW tonight!" or "The Rock is looking forward to WM25". He obviously still loves to watch it and somehow be connected with it. It would be his managers etc that wouldn't want him in the ring again. Similar to what happened with Rourke.

Anyways, The Rock is a legend and will be inducted into the HOF at some stage and that will probably be the most we see of him on WWE. However I can always hope because it would be unreal if he did ever have "that one more match".....

The only problem I have with The Rock is the speeches he gave for the short time he appered after becoming a movie star. Don't remember all of the details but it was something about being there and working hard when the company needs you and how the wrestling business is his life and he will never fully leave it......

My how a few years changes everything Dwayne.

@AzLunchbox

he doesn't have to wrestle to be considered part of the business, he helped reinvent the WWE. He accomplished everything possible in the WWE and left for a greater challenge in Hollywood. I get pissed hearing jilted fans talk about lies and betrayal, he gave you 10+ years... be grateful. I would hate to see him now, he would kill the opportunities of the new blood. I don't want him staying in the business too long like Ric Flair and Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back