The Road Warriors or L.O.D.?

shafe_41

DON'T HINDER JINDER
I'm not sure where to put this in the forums but I believe this would be the most appropriate.

So I was running on the treadmill today and watching one of my TNA dvds that was Slamiversary 07 and the match with Team 3D and what was supposed to be The Steiner Bros. Everybody that followed TNA knew that's when Scott had that life threatening injury in Puerto Rico I believe it was and did not participate in the PPV. Rick Steiner's parter happened to be Animal. But he went by "Road Warrior Animal." That lead me to think about the following...which isn't really all that thought provoking. How does everybody remember Hawk and Animal? Will you remember them more as The Road Warriors or will you remember then as Legion of Doom?

The way I see it, it really depends on what you watched growing up as the way you remember them. Me personally... I will always remember them as L.O.D. Since I did watch more WWE growing up. Also, that rediculously awesome WWF arcade game that took a lot of my allowance as a kid had L.O.D. as the last tag team you have to face. That's another reason why I will always remember them as L.O.D. Plus, who could forget the WM where they returned with Sunny? Again, L.O.D.

I've been watching wrestling since the early 80's, so I grew up with "The Road Warriors" being part of a group called "Legion of Doom" along with King Kong Bundy, Jake Roberts, Manny Fernandez and Rick Rude. When they made the transition to WWE, I thought,"why are they calling the road warriors by that name?" I got used it. My preference lies with "The Road Warriors", though. Oh yeah, Batista can kiss my ass for stealing "Animal's" name.

it is just were u saw them first am a wwe fan so i call them and always will call them L.O.D even though i know they were call road warriors first

It has to be Road Warriors. At that time when they jumped ship, the WWF did not acknowledge that people had a past in wrestling. It's a shame people did not watch more NWA growing up or even AWA, places where the Road Warriors made a name for themselves. I only heard about Georgia, too young to watch it. Besides, when Iron Man came on and they ran to the ring with Precious Paul strolling leisurely to the ring while they whooped on a team, that was the Road Warrior Way. In my opinion, THE greatest tag team of all-time was and still is the Road Warriors. Often imitated, but could never be duplicated!

Road Warriors for me too. That's what they were called when I first caught them on the AWA, that's what I'll remember them as. I had the pleasure of watching these guys live at a rare AWA show in New Jersey, they were facing Larry and Curt Hennig during a feud where they had bloodied Curt and his dad came in to tag with him for revange, obviously, the Hennig's were the faces, but when the first note of Iron Man sounded, the arena went nuts for the Roadies, and they were cheered as the faces through the whole match, they kind of looked a bit confused at first, but then they played the crowd, they still wrestled the match as heels but even though Jim Duggan ran in at the end of the match to make the save, because the Roadies had bloodied Curt once again, he got the boos and the Road Warriors still got cheered. Good times.

It has to be the road warriors. They are called "Road Warrior Hawk" and "Road Warrior Animal". It just makes more sense. so thats what i will always remember them by.

The Legion of Doom sounds cool, but The Road Warriors scared you. These guys were simply mean ass guys who were agile and put a spike in the eye of Dusty Rhodes. Their logic was, 'The fans still cheer us, Dusty...let's put one of our spikes in your eye.'

My dad's favorite wrestlers were those guys, simply because he couldn't kick their ass. Seriously...legend has it that Hawk could curl 100 lb. dumb bells. 100 pounds. He can curl Lindsay Lohan on one arm.

The Legion of Doom name was simply to separate them from the NWA in the WWE's eyes. They were simply more cartoonish in the WWE. Had to be. It was the cartoon era of the WWE.

I agree with the majority here: The Road Warriors. They looked more bad ass with the black and silver spikes and they were booked to be more bad ass when they worked for the NWA. And let's not forget that Paul Ellering was pretty bad ass himself. In all honesty, the LOD were a watered down version of the real thing. By the time the Warriors got to the WWF, Demolition was already created to mirror their NWA image. it just wasn't as good as the original.

I remember them more as the Legion of Doom, first of all, when you look at their fighting styles, they r deadly and hard to beat so its basically like the opponent theyre facing has certain doom.

Also Legion of Doom just sounded cooler because when I hear that name I just know Animal,Hawk, and Puke(the third member of L.O.D back in late 2000)

Its the the fucking Road Warriors LOD its some fucking Vince creation because he didn't want recognize them being in the NWA. Know your history they are the Road Warriors its almost disrespectful.

LOD isn't a McMahon creation. The Road Warriors were in a stable called the Legion Of Doom.

I often refer to them as LOD, more that Road Warriors. Probably because when I was introduced to them I'd bever heard of the Road Warriors and I wasn't intrested in where they'd come from.

The Road Warriors. No question about it. They were the original anti-heroes. They were heels that were cheered. They were unique and scared the crap out of people. They were pioneers.

My dad's favorite wrestlers were those guys, simply because he couldn't kick their ass. Seriously...legend has it that Hawk could curl 100 lb. dumb bells. 100 pounds. He can curl Lindsay Lohan on one arm.

The Legion of Doom name was simply to separate them from the NWA in the WWE's eyes. They were simply more cartoonish in the WWE. Had to be. It was the cartoon era of the WWE.

I will always remember them as lod. When i think of them i hear AWWW what a rush and that was there legion of doom theme song. And one of the best in my opinion. So i go with legion and didn't really know them before wwf. Only watched wwf and was to young i guess.

And curling 100lb dumbells really isn't that impressive if you work out. I'm not bragging but i can curl 100lb dumbell and no where near hawks strength.

I always liked how they were announced during the ring intros in the WWF as "Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk, The Legion of Doom." They typically referred to Animal and Hawk as a Road Warrior but the group was "The Legion of Doom". So I really kinda always liked how when they went to WWF they still kept the Road Warriors part in the intro, but I like the Team name of "The Legion of Doom" better than "The Road Warriors." And just kinda an FYI, I was playing the Legends of Wrestlemania videogame the other day and thought it was interesting that if you play as Hawk and Animal in a tag match the display on the screen reads the Road Warriors and not LOD, I wasnt paying enough attention to the audio so I dont remember what the Fink says in their intros but just thought it was kinda interesting seeing as how they were really more know as LOD in the WWF.
And another FYI, they were known as the "Legion of Doom" before going to the WWF, but it was a stable in Georgia Championship Wrestling that also featured Jake Roberts, The Spoiler, King Kong Bundy and some others. So the name LOD is not a Vince creation, but he did use kinda as a marketing ploy to differentiate their persona's in the WWF compared to their NWA persona's.

It has to be The Road Warriors. They would come out to Ironman and win the match before the song was over. Most people don't know about The Legion of Doom stable from early in their career. Vince knew that, that's why he used that name. They were the Road Warriors in AWA, NWA, WCW, and Japan. The fact that they put that 3rd mo inwith them is what ruined them.

You know, I remember them best as Legion of Doom, but as individuals I remember them as a Road Warrior. Road Warrior Hawk, and Road Warrior Animal are what I call them as individuals, but as a team, I prefer to call them the Legion of Doom. However, I do change it up about 30% of the time and call them the Road Warriors. I personally believe their last name as a team should be the name we keyfabe call them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back