The Road Warriors vs The Dudley Boys

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Who's better and why? Give all your reasons. I say that the Road Warriors were better because The Dudley Boys because they were somehow more believeable in their gimmick for one, the Dudley's had a much more realistic gimmick but I kinda actually believed that Hawk and Animal walked around with spikey shoulder pads but I was like 5 or 6 and still believe wrestling to be real, I was a teen when I first say the Dudleys and knew wrestling to be staged so take that with a grain of salt.

The Road Warriors, hands down. To me they are in the top three tag teams of all time and the Dudleys are probably somewhere in the top 10-15 range, if that. It's true that I'm not the biggest fan of the Dudleys and like you, Bill, I thought the Road Warriors were bad ass as they came down the aisle wearing spiked shoulder pads.

Although the Dudleys have had awesome matches with the Hardy Boyz and E&C, take out the tables, ladders and chairs and you have just another ordinary tag team. I know that they have won more tag titles than anyone supposedly, but that doesn't make them better than LOD at all.

Road Warriors were real workers, not just hardcore extremists who knew how to slam someone through a table. For those who don't believe me, just watch the Warriors match against the Steiners at Starcade '89 and you'll see what I mean. IMO, I prefer "WHAAAAAAAT A RUSH!" over "GET THE TABLES!" any day of the week...

Warriors definitely were better in their prime, and they were amazingly over. I'll always remember getting my WM7 tape, they squashed Power & Glory in about a minute, but the pop they got when they came out was almost as big as Hogan or Warrior's that night.

That being said, I don't care much for TNA but I reckon the Dudleys are better now than LOD were in their latter years.

Road Warriors hands down! The Dudleys are a great team. However the Road Warriors were so dominate! No matter where they were. The Dudleys in my opinion just don't rank with LOD. I thinkwithout te gimmick matches the Dudleys would have never got to where they did.

The Road Warriors and Precious Paul Ellering had already been through the AWA, Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-Atlantic and WCW before we even heard of Dudleyville. Not to mention the face paint, the spiked ring entrance gear and being the sole reason I became interested in Black Sabbath.

In watching some of the previous tag team dvds, there was a scene that explained how you would walk into the lockeroom, take a look at the booking sheet on the wall and find out who you had to wrestle that night. It was said that guys would walk to the booking sheet saying, "Please don't be the Road Warriors. Please don't be the Road Warriors. Damn! I'm wrestling the Road Warriors."

My vote goes to the Road Warriors.

We snack on danger, dine on death and dead men don't make money!​

The Road Warriors without even thinking about it.

Personally I don't think the Dudley's are anywhere near the level of the Road Warriors.

Outside of their ECW days where during their tenure they were one of the only credible teams during their tenure(There were others,but most were just makeshift tag teams like RVD and Sabu. The only 2 teams at the time they had besides the dudleys were the pitbulls and the eliminators. The Gangstas were on and off as a team because New Jack was always doing something (although I'm sure alot of it was worked)) there were always teams that were better (Edge and Christian and the Hardyz were both better teams). Just because the Dudleys have been around seemingly forever doesn't make them one of the greatest (of course their going to have a million title reigns, Tag Team wrestling hasn't meant shit in almost a decade and they have been the only team to stay together through the 90's and 2000's).

Road Warriors simply dominated the Tag Team Division wherever they went and even in their WWF days when they were past their prime they were still the top tag team. They were easily the top tag team for a decade and it was during a time where there were tons of great teams (The Brainbusters, The Steiners, Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, just to name a few. SIDE NOTE: Every team just mentioned are all better than the dudleys) and Tag Team Wrestling meant something.

Honestly, The Dudleys wouldn't even be in my top 5, probably not even in my top 10. I'm not saying they weren't good, but compared to other teams like the Road Warriors, they weren't even in their league.

The Road Warriors, and it's for one very simple reason: matches. The Dudleyz will always be remembered for their TLC matches against Edge & Christian and The Hardy Boyz. The Road Warriors will be remembered for putting on great matches WITHOUT needing any special stipulations to add to the excitement of their matches. Thus, Road Warriors win.

Asking this question is like asking: "which do you like better, filet mignon or a Philly cheesesteak?" Yeah, they both come from the same animal, but have totally different tastes and both are great in their own way. When L.O.D. made their way to the ring, your adrenaline kicked in at that moment. With Team 3d, Dudleys, (Bubba) Ray and Devon (d-von), you knew it was going to hit hard, but not until that 'holy s%!t moment came. I know this person is trying a 'which better person from this era is better than this person from that era' thread, but the teams are not similar enough. Then again... a Doomsday Device through a table? Hmmm.....

Definitely the Road Warriors for a lot of reasons.

I admit that nostalgia does play something of a role in my choice, but not as much as one might think. When I was a kid, 5 and 6 years old, I loved watching the Road Warriors. These big, hulking brutes with the face paint and the hard rock music just cranked up the adrenaline level. I was just always excited when they came out and it's an excitement that didn't fade really until the early 90s.

Now, the Dudleyz have dominated the tag scene at various points in just about every company they worked for, but that dominance was never as extended as it was for the Road Warriors. From about 1983 to about 1991 or 92, the Road Warriors were just the most dominant team out there. While the RW won tag titles in just about every company they worked for, as the Dudleyz did, Hawk and Animal didn't need the titles. Wherever they worked, they were the dominant tag team in the company with or without the tag straps.

not even in the same class, road warriors! the dudleys one so many straps in th 90's and foward in a time that the belts pass back n forth all the time in the 80's L O D was dominat for decades untill hawk fell off the titan tron

Asking this question is like asking: "which do you like better, filet mignon or a Philly cheesesteak?" Yeah, they both come from the same animal, but have totally different tastes and both are great in their own way. When L.O.D. made their way to the ring, your adrenaline kicked in at that moment. With Team 3d, Dudleys, (Bubba) Ray and Devon (d-von), you knew it was going to hit hard, but not until that 'holy s%!t moment came. I know this person is trying a 'which better person from this era is better than this person from that era' thread, but the teams are not similar enough. Then again... a Doomsday Device through a table? Hmmm.....

That'd automatically be the number #1 tag team move in history.

:worship:

Its the Road Warriors all the way.....

The dudleys try 2 compare themselevs to L.O.D all the time....

Truth is when u look at it it wasnt just holding all the tittles that made L.O.D great but they had the look and personalities which got them way over with the crowds then any other tag team......

there pops were comparable to Hulk Hogans...... also there finishing move is beyond any other tag teams to date....

Comparing the dudleys to L.O.D is like comparing Demolition to L.O.D.. not tittle wise but you understand what i am saying.... nuthing compares to the oringinal

I would have to go with The Dudley Boys, and to me... it's not even a contest.

The fact is... The Dudley Boys are the greatest heel tag team of all time. That's all there is to it. Are the Road Warriors the greatest babyface tag team of all time? Absolutely not, and they're not even close. The Road Warriors were cool back in the day, and they were dominate, but they hurt the business more than they helped. They destroyed (buried) tag team after tag team and it was basically no reason other than to make them look like they were something special, when they weren't. These two big motherfuckers were nothing but extremely stiff behemoths who could not work in the ring, or on the microphone. The Dudleys Boys are the exact opposite. Not only have they participated in some of the greatest tag team matches in history (The Road Warriors DEFINITELY can't make that claim), but on the mic they were fucking gold. They could either make the crowd hate their guts, or get them pumped up with excitement. The Dudleys had it all, man. They really did.

Damn JMT beat me to it. When the hell did The Road Warriors have great matches, that weren't carried by the other team. They had a great look and entrance, but The Dudleys have had way more entertaining matches. There isn't anything great about a team that consistantly buried any team around them, or risked injury with their stiff style. Sure the Dudleys wrestle in hardcore matches, and injuries can happen. But The Road Warriors fucked people up in regular matches. Not kayfabe, reality, The Dudleys>The Chode Warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back