Road Warriors' last feud?

#hamler

That's all folks.
Next in my series, the Road Warriors, Legion of Doom (2000), they've been dubbed the best tag team of all time by many. They've held numerous tag team championships all over the world. Under either name, their gimmick was the same, two musclebound wrestlers in face paint. Hawk and Animal are innovators in the tag team divison popularizing tag team wrestling all over the world. They were some of the first to use a tag team finisher know as the Doomsday Devise which is still used today by such teams as Team 3-D on occasion. The end of the Road Warriors came October 19, 2003 when Hawk died of a heart attack in his sleep. By this time, if still around, LOD might have already retired or considering retirement.

What I want to know, if the Original L.O.D. and Michael "Hawk" Hegstrand were still around today, who would you want their last feud to be with? One final send off. Can be any tag team in TNA or any team in WWE. Current rosters only please.

So let's have it...

-Who would you like to have seen L.O.D./Road Warriors feud with for the very last time before they retired?

- Where would this match take place and what kind of send off would they receive?

PLEASE BE SURE YOU EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWERS!​

Sorry I just read the current rosters thing. Makes things far harder. It would have to be an old school team like themselves so I would pick either team 3-D or beer money.

Eddytiger there last WWE match was against Team 3-D(Dudley Boyz) on a edition of Monday Night Raw in 2002, but back to the subject I would want there last Tag Team feud would have to be against The Worlds Greatest Tag Team Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas seeing that they are the most athletic tag team ever against the Greatest Tag Team Ever(I think its really the DudleyZ but watever).... This feud would have to start at Royal Rumble and end at Wrestlemania in a Steel CAge Ladder Match..... That would be great but just to put it out there my original pick wouldve been Team 3D but like I said there very last televised match was against them but obviosuly that would be the number one choice seeing both teams are the greatest of there ERA and theres really not alot of Tag Teams on either roster to even put them in the ring with Legends like LOD so the swecond best choice has to be The WORLDS GREATEST TAG TEAM......

I can't really narrow it to one specific team. However, there are 4 teams that I can think of that I would love to see take on The Legion of Doom in a farewell match. Two teams from TNA that I would have loved to have seen LOD face is Team 3-D/Dudley Boyz and The Motor City Machine Guns. Two Teams from ROH that I would've loved to see face LOD are Mark and Jay, The Briscoes and the American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards). Those two teams I picked because I have yet to see a bad match with either of those teams. I can't say WWE because let's face it that Tag Team wrestling in WWE has gone to hell. The Briscoes I picked as a kind of "Battle of the Doomsday Device." If it wasn't for the current roster only thing, I would have said from TNA America's Most Wanted. Given that Beer Money is a good team, but you can't say that they were better than AMW.

I always wanted to see them in a match against APA. That might have happened at one point, sometimes my time periods are screwy. But if it didn't happen, that would have been PPV worthy for sure. I always liked those rough leatherneck type teams, LOD, Demolition, Powers of Pain, and APA. I wish there was a team like that today..in good shape, leather, spikes, makeup..the whole nine. Not 'punk' dressed, but just 'bad ass'.

So I vote for LOD vs APA

Edit:Noticed the current roster limitation. Ok. Easy. LOD vs. Brothers of Destruction . nuff said.

The Dudley Boyz. They're the last of the original badass tag teams in wrestling whereas Road Warriors are the ultimate badass tag team in wrestling, it's a shame these two never got together. They're similar in style, both being powerhouses, hell Dudleyz even use the Doomsday Device as one of their moves. A Road Warrior vs. Dudleyz match in a Tables match is epic when you think about it.

It would have been great to see a Road Warriors vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody match ! The 2 most dominant tag teams of the 1980's and maybe ever going at it would have been awesome !

Beer Money is the only team around right now that I would say is fresh enough and big enough to put on a great believable finale with The LOD, although if Super Mex and Blueprint ever got back together could see that one being a nice draw, same for Bros. of Destruction, and if it's one last fued then they def. deserve to end it at BFG or WM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back