• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rise of Anderson; Future TNA World Heavyweight Champion

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Believe it, because it's happening.

And to add to that, I firmly believe this concussion is actually helping him right now. I know that sounds psychotic, but it is — this is actually going to help catapult him in 2011 as far as I'm concerned, because the with Anderson being "screwed" out of the title shot at Turning Point in such a bloody and heinous way (despite the fact it was accidental in the non-kayfabe), his comeback is going to be all the more impacting (all pun intended), and his subsequent springboard into the star tier of the main event can sky rocket as a result as well because of it.

1. This practically writes itself if you think about it. Anderson is taken out and "injured" by Hardy who has no remorse.

2. Anderson loses the opportunity to wrestle Hardy for the title and has to watch idly while it's contended for by Matt Morgan.

3. Anderson eventually returns only to be screwed and cheated out of what would clearly have been an honest win and the story progresses as Pope, Joe, Morgan & co. all continue to progress in the war against Fortune & Immortal.

Call me crazy, but the writing is on the wall: Ken Anderson will be a future TNA World Heavyweight Champion. It's only a matter of time…

By the way, where are all the Orton marks who had nothing but shit to say about how Anderson would fail as a face? Seems to me he's doing just fine in the role — albeit being a tweener role, really.

I agree 100%.
I think Anderson being injured and missing the PPV is the best for him in the long run. when RVD was hurt and stripped of the title he cane back healthy and now he is not getting the first shot at the title. once Anderson is healthy and returns it will likely be someone else against Hardy for the title and Anderson will have to wait. you knew he was not going to beat Hardy at Turning Point because the heels are going to run things for awhile. if Anderson had wrestled and lost to Hardy he then could have been put down and it could have been while before he was climbing back up.
now he has even more reason to beat Hardy and it will mean more for him and TNA when he does.

Absolutely. It almost makes you wonder if the whole storyline isn't actually centered about Anderson, his struggle and finally getting the title, this making him TNA's number one guy, the top babyface and all that. Some of the best title wins are the ones that should happen but are prolonged by just the right ammount of time so people will feel like it was important and special ( AJ winning the TNA World Title for example ).

I applaud TNA for doing a great job, reacting quickly to his sudden injury and actually coming up with something that fits the situation PERFECTLY. Their booking sucks, right? A nice little push for Morgan and a lot of hype and anticipation for Anderson. Sweet stuff.

Anderson will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion if an injury won't prevent him. The thing is, he's injury-prone. Just when you think he's about to get a World title shot, boom, an injury sidelines him and then hinders his 'push' upon return. It's happened to him in the WWE, and this is a hint of it happening again. I'm a fan of the man, and would love to see a rightful World title reign, but I won't keep my expectations high. It's like a curse. Hopefully he gets inserted into an even better storyline and finally realizes his place at the top for once. It'd be refreshing.

At the end of the day, it's about being injury-free.

It wouldn't matter if he came out and tried to steal the belt. Anderson has NO CHANCE of being TNA Champion. That's why they can't go through with the final push. It has to be someone else. He just got decimated two weeks ago, thanks to Jeff Hardy's unprotected chair shot. Anderson's a nobody in the grand scheme of things. A guy who runs his mouth and comes up short. That's how they will continually play him off as until somebody new shows up in that spot. Eric Young is more over than a lot of guys on Impact, but he's a comedy jobber. Explain that.

There is something very wrong with burying others and not giving younger talent a chance to run with the ball, while dudes like Anderson get endless chances to take it to the next level after the fans deemed them irrelevant.

At the end of the day, it's about being injury-free.

It wouldn't matter if he came out and tried to steal the belt. He has NO CHANCE of being TNA Champion. That's why they can't go through with the final push. It has to be someone else. Anderson just got decimated two weeks ago, thanks to Jeff Hardy's unprotected chair shot. He's a nobody in the grand scheme of things. A guy who runs his mouth and comes up short. That's how they continually play him off until somebody new shows up in that spot. Eric Young is more over than a lot of guys on Impact, but he's a comedy jobber. Explain that.

There is something very wrong with burying others and not giving younger talent any chances while dudes like Anderson get endless chances to matter after the fans deemed them irrelevant.

Okay, you do realize that there are top wrestlers out there who got injured more times than Anderson did, some DURING pushes, some BEFORE pushes, some in the midst of a title run. How come Anderson's the only one that gets chastised for something he never even did. Blame it on him if it was HIS fault but more than a half of his injuries were due to an opponents' mistake.

Anderson is a nobody in the grand scheme of things? Have you been watching TNA for the last, oh I don't know, six months? I suppose not.

Anderson is getting a push, because the guy deserves it. Tell me, who of the "younger talent" ( that are his age, AJ is two years younger ) has more overall ability than Anderson? He's got the best mic skills in TNA, he's over with the fans, entertaining, and he can hold his own in the ring really well. Who? Pope. Well, sure, but by your logic, Pope can't be getting the push and the title because they ALSO make him come up short all the time. Guess what -- that's what faces do. They get beat up by the heels, they lose to them, they get cheated on, screwed out of matches, belts, wins, they claw and claw until they finally make it to the top. It's so much better than, one match, boom he's champion. It didn't work for RVD, it won't work for Anderson or anybody else.

Believe it, because it's happening.

And to add to that, I firmly believe this concussion is actually helping him right now. I know that sounds psychotic, but it is — this is actually going to help catapult him in 2011 as far as I'm concerned, because the with Anderson being "screwed" out of the title shot at Turning Point in such a bloody and heinous way (despite the fact it was accidental in the non-kayfabe), his comeback is going to be all the more impacting (all pun intended), and his subsequent springboard into the star tier of the main event can sky rocket as a result as well because of it.

1. This practically writes itself if you think about it. Anderson is taken out and "injured" by Hardy who has no remorse.

2. Anderson loses the opportunity to wrestle Hardy for the title and has to watch idly while it's contended for by Matt Morgan.

3. Anderson eventually returns only to be screwed and cheated out of what would clearly have been an honest win and the story progresses as Pope, Joe, Morgan & co. all continue to progress in the war against Fortune & Immortal.

Call me crazy, but the writing is on the wall: Ken Anderson will be a future TNA World Heavyweight Champion. It's only a matter of time…

By the way, where are all the Orton marks who had nothing but shit to say about how Anderson would fail as a face? Seems to me he's doing just fine in the role — albeit being a tweener role, really.

all though I am not on board it is not a bad idea but the problem isn't the idea but Total non stop action and its track record when it comes to buliding someone/something

I like how they are building him. Unlike Hardy and RVD, they have kept the title off of him. Which is a good thing. Make it mean something. Build it.

He's great on the mic, has a lot of charisma and is improving in the ring. If he wasn't so injury-prone, he'd be virtually the total package. Nonetheless, he's well on his way to being one of the biggest stars in the company. He's already there in many ways.

Okay, you do realize that there are top wrestlers out there who got injured more times than Anderson did, some DURING pushes, some BEFORE pushes, some in the midst of a title run. How come Anderson's the only one that gets chastised for something he never even did. Blame it on him if it was HIS fault but more than a half of his injuries were due to an opponents' mistake.

Anderson is a nobody in the grand scheme of things? Have you been watching TNA for the last, oh I don't know, six months? I suppose not.

Anderson is getting a push, because the guy deserves it. Tell me, who of the "younger talent" ( that are his age, AJ is two years younger ) has more overall ability than Anderson? He's got the best mic skills in TNA, he's over with the fans, entertaining, and he can hold his own in the ring really well. Who? Pope. Well, sure, but by your logic, Pope can't be getting the push and the title because they ALSO make him come up short all the time. Guess what -- that's what faces do. They get beat up by the heels, they lose to them, they get cheated on, screwed out of matches, belts, wins, they claw and claw until they finally make it to the top. It's so much better than, one match, boom he's champion. It didn't work for RVD, it won't work for Anderson or anybody else.

Dude, I've been watching Anderson longer than everybody else and I watched TNA longer than everybody else. Guy is a joke from the get go and people didn't get it until years after the fact. I remembered back in 2005 when damn near everybody was on the bandwagon about how he he had the potential to be a big star and the second coming of Austin and Rock. Actually he has no energy in his promos and they are quite bland. His name and the "Anderson's Assholes" thing is ALL he has. Not sure where this huge rumor about him being great on the mic came from, but at times, the fans go along with that name thing but he's as bad as Hardy is on the mic when you take a good look back at his first 3 years in the WWE.

When you break it down, he's just a dude that shouts his name and once his novelty wears off during this face turn when he actually returns to the ring, he'll be exposed even more than when he first arrived to the Impact Zone getting booed left and right.

I've never been a big fan of his, but I'll admit he has impressed me since going to TNA. I definitely agree that he will be the next World champion or at least in the very near future. I just don't see him as World Champion material. He definitely has mic skills. He may be the best promo guy in the wrestling business. He has improved a lot in the ring, but he's still very sloppy. I felt the same way when he was in WWE.

He would have been Champion in WWE if he could have avoided being injured as much as he was. This injury he has now was in no way his fault. He has to have the worst luck in the history of pro wrestling. Every time in WWE that he was close to winning the championship he got hurt. Now his angle with Hardy had to be put on hold due to injury that wasn't his fault at all.

I'm not his biggest fan, and I don't think he's ready to be World champion . On the other hand I do hope he gets the title soon. I think he deserves a title run. I'm interested to see how his title reign will be handled.If he stays injury free he could make it as a descent champion. I just don't think he's ready quite yet.

Dude, I've been watching Anderson longer than everybody else and I watched TNA longer than everybody else. Guy is a joke from the get go and people didn't get it until years after the fact. I remembered back in 2005 when damn near everybody was on the bandwagon about how he he had the potential to be a big star and the second coming of Austin and Rock. Actually he has no energy in his promos and they are quite bland. His name and the "Anderson's Assholes" thing is ALL he has. Not sure where this huge rumor about him being great on the mic came from, but at times, the fans go along with that name thing but he's as bad as Hardy is on the mic when you take a good look back at his first 3 years in the WWE.

When you break it down, he's just a dude that shouts his name and once his novelty wears off during this face turn when he actually returns to the ring, he'll be exposed even more than when he first arrived to the Impact Zone getting booed left and right.

Yeah, and then getting a huge heel reaction throughout his whole heel turn, having a great match with Angle to end a stellar feud with Kurt, shortly after that turning face and getting cheered and loved by the fans until this very day. Damn he sucks.

I think there's a big problem with this idea: TNA doesn't really go for logical story-lines that the fans want to see. Anderson's current position reminds me of MCMG or The Pope. Years back when MCMG debuted, they were the most over, cohesive tag team around and yet, inexplicably, the TNA overlords waited for years to give them the titles. The Pope also had a stretch of time where he was almost embarrassingly popular and yet they had him lose to AJ and then feud with a lot of unimportant people in some arbitrary order.

Anderson is one of my favorites. I watched his first televised match (on Velocity in 2004) live and have basically had a man-crush on him ever since. Right now, he probably gets the best consistent reaction from the TNA fans (the same stupid, stupid TNA fans who chanted that he was overrated when he debuted wrestling that lunatic wrapped in a moron, Abyss.), but sadly, I don't have enough faith in TNA's booking committee to agree that he will definitely become champion. It's quite possible that they'll let him fade out without anything approaching a reason. But still, I've only been buying TNA PPVs where he is in a title match (Victory Road and Bound for Glory, so far).

Injuries have always been a nuisance for Anderson but like IDR said it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Anderson this time. It would make a great storyline if he keeps seeing all his friends namely Pope, RVD, Morgan trying to take Hardy down only to fail while knowing that he could take Jeff down. I do not know about the extent of Anderson's injury but if possible I'd like to keep him on TV to cut promos in order to ensure that he does not lose his heat while he is injured. You know a bit like Austin back in 1997 when he injured his neck but was kept on TV because he was super-over.

I TOTALLY agree with the idea that Anderson's latest injury is/was a blessing in disguise. I mean, would anyone have expected him to go over Hardy at the next PPV anyway? TNA has got to keep the belt on Jeff for a while, teasing Anderson with it. That's what great heels do, that's what keeps the heat on them during their title-reigns.

To be honest, I am a fan of Anderson. I think he's great on the microphone, and he's got a great sense of humor. I wish that the TNA creative staff would have a little more involvement in his promos though, the whole "...wait for it..." thing is annoying. Obviously we're "waiting for it", that's the thing the Rock was best at. Anderson might just be "hanging a lantern" on the fact that his catch phrase is repeating his name, but it makes the writing look bad. The fact that the word "asshole" is repeated over and over and over gets a bit annoying too.

The other problem I have with Anderson is his finisher. It just looks weak, it looks like a signature move. Not a move that could completely annihilate an opponent, allowing you to get the pin-fall. Anderson's not the worst wrestler in the world, he could easily do something else that would look better. Hell, a regular DDT would look stronger than the mike-check.

Now is the perfect time to tighten all of those loose ends, and have Anderson return as the funny/cocky tweener that he is. He has always been there, he just needs a little direction from someone in the back. Say "asshole" a little bit less, get him a new finisher, and let him come back like a man possessed...focused only on the TNA Heavyweight Title. I am really happy that he's getting this unscheduled break, I hope TNA makes the most of Anderson's accidental vacation.

I TOTALLY agree with the idea that Anderson's latest injury is/was a blessing in disguise. I mean, would anyone have expected him to go over Hardy at the next PPV anyway? TNA has got to keep the belt on Jeff for a while, teasing Anderson with it. That's what great heels do, that's what keeps the heat on them during their title-reigns.

To be honest, I am a fan of Anderson. I think he's great on the microphone, and he's got a great sense of humor. I wish that the TNA creative staff would have a little more involvement in his promos though, the whole "...wait for it..." thing is annoying. Obviously we're "waiting for it", that's the thing the Rock was best at. Anderson might just be "hanging a lantern" on the fact that his catch phrase is repeating his name, but it makes the writing look bad. The fact that the word "asshole" is repeated over and over and over gets a bit annoying too.

The other problem I have with Anderson is his finisher. It just looks weak, it looks like a signature move. Not a move that could completely annihilate an opponent, allowing you to get the pin-fall. Anderson's not the worst wrestler in the world, he could easily do something else that would look better. Hell, a regular DDT would look stronger than the mike-check.

Now is the perfect time to tighten all of those loose ends, and have Anderson return as the funny/cocky tweener that he is. He has always been there, he just needs a little direction from someone in the back. Say "asshole" a little bit less, get him a new finisher, and let him come back like a man possessed...focused only on the TNA Heavyweight Title. I am really happy that he's getting this unscheduled break, I hope TNA makes the most of Anderson's accidental vacation.

I agree with all you said, ESPECIALLY the finisher part. The only guy who sold it well was Kazarian last week or whenever it was, and it still looked kind of silly because the move is just .. stupid. I hope he changes it to something more impactful. Hell, that Green Bay Plunge he used to do is sick too, but I always hated finishers from the second and top rope that are not like a Swanton or an Elbow. The best finishers are the ones that can be executed in less than 3 seconds so the crowd pops, i.e Stone Cold Stunner, Pedigree, RKO, Rock Bottom, Sweet Chin Music. Mic Check kind of has that, but it just doesn't fit Anderson.

I disagree with making Anderson the man to knock Jeff Hardy off his perch. Besides Scott Hall's drinking problems outside of the ring, there was a reason why he was never a World champion. His in ring work just didnt work the crowd enough in singles competition.

Scott was awesome on the mic but inside the ring, i would describe him as stale with alot of punches and outside interference taking place. I'd have Anderson almost in the same boat with his in-ring work slightly better at this point.

There is no doubt Anderson is destined to win a World Title in the near future, i'd just prefer it to not be against Immortal.

I agree with all you said, ESPECIALLY the finisher part. The only guy who sold it well was Kazarian last week or whenever it was, and it still looked kind of silly because the move is just .. stupid. I hope he changes it to something more impactful. Hell, that Green Bay Plunge he used to do is sick too, but I always hated finishers from the second and top rope that are not like a Swanton or an Elbow. The best finishers are the ones that can be executed in less than 3 seconds so the crowd pops, i.e Stone Cold Stunner, Pedigree, RKO, Rock Bottom, Sweet Chin Music. Mic Check kind of has that, but it just doesn't fit Anderson.

I'm the biggest Anderson fan I know and I have to tell you, the Mic Check is NOT what he needs. If you asked me, he needs only one thing.

A Submission Hold.

Anderson is the perfect character and in the perfect place storyline wise to come back and use the move I think he would use best.

The Figure Four Leg Lock.

Anderson is one of the best when it comes to selling moves and he could sell this one so well. Just envision it. Pair that with something top rope that he could trademark, like his "Kenton Bomb" (also PERFECT for storyline purposes) and he's got 2 of the best finishers in the business.

Here's the thing. I hear people talking everywhere about how Anderson can't draw and could never draw. Well, when Steve Austin was "Stunning" Steve Austin, he wasn't exactly drawing. It's all about progression of characters and when you find one that clicks, it becomes you. Anderson is on the cusp of this as we speak. Hell, his theme song hit and the iMPACT Zone exploded last night. That just goes to show you how strongly the fans feel about him.

I've said this since the first day I saw Ken Anderson wrestle live at an OVW show; this guy has potential. When he debuted in the WWE, I knew it.

Ken Anderson is Pro Wrestling's next big thing. :D

The crazy thing about the unfortunate chair shot is that it not only helps Anderson it really helps Hardy. TNA should get some credit for making a positive out of a negative. If Morgan can ride this momentum out of this too then that would be something. This could be the fast-track for the audience fully accepting both Anderson as a babyface and Hardy as an antichrist. Anderson is fast becoming one of the more anticipated first time WHC winners out there. I think it will be a while but will happen within a year and could turn out to be a special time for TNA once it happens.

Anyone saying Anderson is injury prone because he got his head split open by a chair is an idiot. That is the nicest way I can put it. Sitting out a couple of weeks because of something out of his control like that should not add to the dumb legend that follows him.

For a guy who watched so much wrestling, you don't seem to pay much attention. Mr. Anderson blew the Impact Zone away on Impact this week. He never even showed up to work. The thing about this is he sells a very dynamic and determined character. He faces huge adversity but isn't afraid to go head on and fight with no give. He's not afraid to face his superiors and oppose their oppressive demeanor's. You watch a lot of wrestling, I'm sure it reminds you of somebody.

On the mic he shows great intensity while sounding completely natural. He sounds more like a regular person than any actor playing a role on screen. Something severely lacking in today's wrestling. Not to mention that it's something that helps the fans connect with. Anderson has what it takes. Not just to become World Heavyweight Champion, but to become a true flag bearer for TNA Wrestling.

Anderson is Very Deserving of a World Title reign and I can't wait for that moment to happen and hopefully he is the one to finally beat Jeff Hardy to capture his first World Title reign. Anderson is one of the best Mic workers in the Wrestling Business right now and I think that has Improved greatly in the ring and his Match at Lockdown with Angle is a top Candidate for MOTY is prove of his improvement in the ring. Anderson is Very Over with the crowd in the Impact Zone and I think Anderson not only has the potential to carry the World Title but also carry TNA Wrestling.

Well in a sense TNA killed two birds with one stone.

Mr Anderson's will be much more anticipated now, this angle writes it self, hell this even makes Jeff Hardy a bigger heel than he already is. Nice push and exposue for Matt Morgan while Anderson recuperates, this gives Jeff his first successful title defense whilst given Matt Morgan a bigger role with his eventual feud with Fortune alongside Samoa Joe, Pope etc.

But i think it is set in stone that Anderrrrsoon wil be TNA champ pretty soon, no doubts. Good Job TNA.

Of course the biggest a**hole will get the strap eventually next year it just depends how long it takes for him to return and how the Morgan angle develops. The writers have done well, evil Eric at his best making a positive from a negative with the injury and taking Matt Morgan from a face in the crowd of Fortune/Immortal to the main event. He wouldn't be the first guy to make it to the next level due to someone elses injury, it remains to be seen if he can take the step now he's got the chance.

Anderson could use a submission hold, but not the figure 4 unless they really need to involve Flair more heavily in the storyline. It would be good to see him in a classic Flair promo about Anderson using HIS hold to win the title :worship:

Of course the biggest a**hole will get the strap eventually next year it just depends how long it takes for him to return and how the Morgan angle develops. The writers have done well, evil Eric at his best making a positive from a negative with the injury and taking Matt Morgan from a face in the crowd of Fortune/Immortal to the main event. He wouldn't be the first guy to make it to the next level due to someone elses injury, it remains to be seen if he can take the step now he's got the chance.

Anderson could use a submission hold, but not the figure 4 unless they really need to involve Flair more heavily in the storyline. It would be good to see him in a classic Flair promo about Anderson using HIS hold to win the title :worship:

Exactly. You read my mind. Think about it, with Hardy out of the picture, then AJ could be next in line. If I'm TNA, I love the sound of that. You get 3-4 months maybe 5 months of Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson and then you get AJ Styles (w/Ric Flair) vs. Mr. Anderson? That sounds like money to my ears. This could be a real damn good end of 2010, and one hell of a 2011. :D

Story continues to write itself.

Jason Powell is now reporting that the word coming out of TNA is that Anderson is highly unlikely to wrestle before the end of the year, and likely not until January due to the concussion he received. It's being said that officials are treating things very gingerly (as well they should), but that Anderson won't be written out of the story entirely just yet either (NO SPOILERS!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back