The Rise And Fall Of WCW DVD In The Works

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
Jim Ross mentioned in his most recent online blog entry that while he was in Stamford, CT. he was scheduled for an interview on "the rise and fall of WCW", which has a lot of people hoping for, and to some extent - expecting, a DVD documentary on the former WWE-rival promotion.

Wow this dvd could be great i have got the ecw one and that was one of the greatest wrestling dvd i ever watched and this can easly be the same greatness as the ecw one if done the same (right) way, It should include lots of extras on a 2nd disc like matches,promos and other stuff.

With this they need to go the route that they went with ECW's DVD: leave the interviews to the people that were there. I don't want to hear more than two sentences out of Vince. It needs to be Bischoff, maybe Hogan, Flair, and Schiavone if he'll do it. I know I left a bunch out but they're the ones that stick out the most to me.

Hey, maybe by the time this DVD is done, everyone will think that WCW was the greatest promotion ever too.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets a fair deal. The Monday Night War DVD was pretty one sided. I hope there's a lot of first person interviews from the WCW guys, but it could also be serviced by hearing the opposition's thoughts (Stone Cold, the Rock, Triple H) so that the story gets told fairly. It's a shame that guys like Russo, Sting, Jarrett, Booker, Nash, and Steiner will be locked up in TNA for it.

I hope they decide to do more matches than they did for ECW as well. 15 or so with a strong documentary is more than capable of happening on three discs.

Hmmmm.

This seems like overkill to me. I feel like this story has been told over and over and over again on various WWE releases. I would expect a repackaging of the same ideas that have already been released.

Either going to be really good, or really bad. If it ends up being just a bunch of WWE guys talking about "We kicked their ass" then it's going to be garbage. Now if they can bring in guys like Flair, Hogan, Golderg, Hell Luger, Big Show, Bischoff, even Schivaone or the Braind, then I'm all for it. As said, it's just unfortunate that Sting is in TNA.

I dont think this is a good idea just yet... I mean, its a good idea for a DVD, and i'll def get it either way, but I think it would be better quality if those that were there (such as Sting, Steiner, Booker, etc, the real people of WCW, could be on the DVD to give a more first-hand view of the rise and fall of the promotion) could be included, but instead it seems like it will most likely be dominated by WWE guys. I know the WWE wouldnt wait to release this until after those named wrestlers were free from their TNA contracts, as theyre trying to turn a profit right now, but still, it would have been cool...

It'll probably be decent tho no matter what...

I'd like to see them totally rip the shit into all the bad stuff, and then say how good the n.W.o. was, then rip the shit into that as well.

Bah, this won't give anyone a true indication of what it was like on the WCW side of things at all. They'll hype the NWO, Goldberg, Sting and then move on to hearing past WCW guys talk about how shit it was ie HHH, Jericho, Malenko, Helms, Austin, Flair and MAYBE Arn Anderson (don't think i missed anyone from the current WWE roster who was in WCW who can actually give a shoot promo, ((so please no one mention Taker))) and that's more or less all that it will consist of with perhaps a discs worth of matches, missing out on a number of far better matches..

i have a HUGE feeling that this will be a biased WWE dvd and a total letdown. As usual, they will sugar coat ric flair's overrated ass as being "great" triple h will be sugar coated aswell, etc. i can see it now. i'm not looking forward to it.

The Self-Destrusction Of The Ultimate Warrior is one of the best WWE DVD's because it was a change from the norm. WWE should do the same with this one. Bash the hell out of the promotion instead of making a boring dicumentary like the AWA & World Class discs.

The Self-Destrusction Of The Ultimate Warrior is one of the best WWE DVD's because it was a change from the norm. WWE should do the same with this one. Bash the hell out of the promotion instead of making a boring dicumentary like the AWA & World Class discs.

haven't they done enough of that already? ric flair bashing that promotion, him bashing the NWO, DDP, Eric Bischoff looking like a fool at all times, etc. thats been done to death.

Bah, this won't give anyone a true indication of what it was like on the WCW side of things at all. They'll hype the NWO, Goldberg, Sting and then move on to hearing past WCW guys talk about how shit it was ie HHH, Jericho, Malenko, Helms, Austin, Flair and MAYBE Arn Anderson (don't think i missed anyone from the current WWE roster who was in WCW who can actually give a shoot promo, ((so please no one mention Taker))) and that's more or less all that it will consist of with perhaps a discs worth of matches, missing out on a number of far better matches..

You also forgot about rey meysterio remeber he was a cruserweight champion in wcw and he could talked about what it was like being a cruser weight and working for the company or they could try to get hall since he is not undercontracted to either tna or wwe and i think his opinoin would mean more since he was in wcw for most of the time

haven't they done enough of that already? ric flair bashing that promotion, him bashing the NWO, DDP, Eric Bischoff looking like a fool at all times, etc. thats been done to death.

Ric Flair is a fool, thus he'd look like one even if he talked about what was good in WCW.

You also forgot about rey meysterio remeber he was a cruserweight champion in wcw and he could talked about what it was like being a cruser weight and working for the company or they could try to get hall since he is not undercontracted to either tna or wwe and i think his opinoin would mean more since he was in wcw for most of the time

Oh yeah, forgot about him.... easily done.

I think Vinnie Mac has all but had enough of Scott Hall, so i doubt they'd ask him to come in for that. He'd only say 'yeah man, it was so fuckin' easy workin' for those guys' anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back