The Edge DVD looks good

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
**Spoiler - I will reveal the matches that are going to be on the 3 disc set. If you do not want to know the exact matches, please do not read on**

106asts.jpg

The DVD set is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, December 23, 2008.

Product Description
Fans may love to hate Edge, but they'll love this impressive collection of matches where Edge has won the WWE Championship (2 times), World Heavyweight Championship (2 times), Intercontinental Championship (5 times), U.S. Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and World Tag Team Championship (11 times!). To date, the "Rated R Superstar" has never had a DVD collection highlighting his amazing career, but Edge--A Decade of Decadence changes that. This 3-DVD set will feature dozens of the greatest matches and moments from Edge's career.

DISC ONE

A Boy and his Dream

Breakdown September 27, 1998
Edge vs. Owen Hart

Terri Invitational Tournament- Ladder Match
New Brood vs. Edge & Christian
No Mercy October 17, 1999

8 Pounds of Gold

Triangle Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
WrestleMania April 2, 2000

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Lance Storm vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 19, 2001

Championship Unification Match: IC vs. US - Edge vs. Test
Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Singles Superstar

Edge vs. Mr. Perfect
Sunday Night Heat March 3, 2002

Hair vs. Hair Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
Judgment Day May 19, 2002

Steel Cage Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 30, 2002

World Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck vs. Edge & Hollywood Hulk Hogan
SmackDown! July 4, 2002

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero - Unforgiven September 22, 2002

Extras

• The Totally Awesome Best of Edge & Christian

DISC TWO

Injury – Return!

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Randy Orton vs. Edge
Vengeance July 11, 2004

Street Fight: Shawn Michaels vs. Edge
RAW February 28, 2005

Gold Rush Tournament Final: Kane vs. Edge
RAW May 16, 2005

Love Triangle

Street Fight: Matt Hardy vs. Edge
RAW August 29, 2005

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Edge
New Year’s Revolution January 8, 2006

Overrated

Hardcore Match: Mick Foley vs. Edge
WrestleMania 22 April 2, 2006

6- Person Tag Team Match: Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer & Beulah vs. Mick Foley, Edge & Lita
ECW: One Night Stand June 11, 2006

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge
RAW July 3, 2006

Extras

*Adam Copeland vs. Christian (WWF tryout)
Cornwall, ON November 10, 1997
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

* Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (Never before seen Edge surprise- even to him - IC title win)
Toronto, ON July 24, 1999
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

DISC THREE

“I Equal Ratings!”

WWE Championship: Edge vs. John Cena
SummerSlam August 20, 2006

I Persevered

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
RAW February 19, 2007

Randy Orton vs. Edge
RAW April 30, 2007

Money in the Bank – Again!

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Undertaker vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 11, 2007

Last Chance World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Batista
Vengeance June 24, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble January 27, 2008

My Speciality

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match For the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker vs. Edge
One Night Stand June 1, 2008

Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 17, 2008

Now I don't buy WWE DVD's very often, but I may buy this one. Match choices are very good. Your thoughts?

This will totally reek of awesomeness.

I am so getting this. Even if they are reusing a lot of already used footage.

I already love the DVD and it hasn't even been released yet. I agree with KB, awesome cover.

I may buy the DVD because I am a big Edge's fan, but I don't like very much the matches on the DVD. It's all stuff we've seen tons of time and alot of recents matchs.

Looks pretty solid to me. The stuff we've already seen is worth a re-watch and I like how they put a lot of tv matches on there that might other-wise get lost in history.

Wow. That is an awesome set. I'm shocked the TLC matches aren't on, but not bad shocked, pleasantly shocked. Yeah, they're great matches. But they're on the Ladder Match set, and I'm really happy they didn't repeat them. The Terri Invitational match is a repeat of the Ladder Match set, but for the historical value it really has to be on here. It was a huge match for both teams. There's some other repeats but really this is a really nice looking collection with a great deal of good matches. Really glad we get the recent TLC and HIAC matches with 'Taker, especially HIAC. Really interested in seeing his tryout match and his IC title win over Jeff Jarrett.

Pretty excited for this one, especially being the Edge mark that I am.

It's missing Edge vs. RVD from Vengeance 2006 (Edge's greatest match that didn't involve any gimmicks, in my opinion), but still a great set overall. Definitely picking this up.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. He has been lackluster this year in non gimmick matches with maybe the exception of his Wrestlemania match with The Undertaker. Even his match with Mysterio thats on the DVD wasn't that great. I expected so much more from that match.

Mysterio is overrated beyond all belief. Edge hasn't been the same since he got hurt in 03. Before that he was just great.

I am sooooooooooo getting this DVD, mainly because I am a total Edge mark, the guy is just reeking of awesomeness! I just hope they dont turn him fully into a face when he returns, just to sell the DVD. id be ok with him as a tweener.

People bitch about Hardy needing a gimmick match to excel, but its ok for Edge? I don't really get it. Edge is very overrated, and his top matches are all gimmick. But thats ok because he doesn't have colorful hair nor does he jump off of things. :rolleyes:

People bitch about Hardy needing a gimmick match to excel, but its ok for Edge? I don't really get it. Edge is very overrated, and his top matches are all gimmick. But thats ok because he doesn't have colorful hair nor does he jump off of things. :rolleyes:

Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I love Edge don't get me wrong, but he is so overrated that the blind smarks just can't see it. And the fact that he is a heel, means he is adored by the fans. If Jeff Hardy was a heel, the IWC would all have orgasms every time he stepped into the ring.

Hardy needs gimmicks to get over. Edge is better with them, but can put on a damn fine match without them. Look at him and Taker from WM this year

One good singles match in the whole year KB? Add to the fact the Undertaker never disappoints at Mania. And you just proved my point.

Edge sure is overrated.

With him being a key figure on almost every WWE compilation DVD you'd think they'd not put out the same matches again. They don't with other wrestlers, one or two, but not as many as on that set. Usually they find some quality lesser known matches to fill it up. But with this they've had to put on all him matches that have been on other sets.

At least it's definitive even if a lot of the matches aren't fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back