The Return Of The Undertaker

Best in the World 79

2 fingers round. 3 fingers down.
Seeing as to some of the speculation that the deadman may be returning at the October ppv Vengeance, if this happens I have a few questions and ideas.

1. Will he be the Deadman Undertaker with the jacket and the hat?
2. What will his recent shaved head have a part in all of this?
3. What's some of the biggest matches we haven't seen him in that he still has the chance to?

Me, personally, I think that his haircut and all will lead to a character tweaking. I think he'll still have the gong, but will come out to perhaps another johnny cash song, if not the same one. I think he'll have a coat similar to the one he wore at wrestlemania 27. But i'm not so sure about the hat. It would just look weird have taker come out as usual but with no hair. I'd still be happy to see him and cheer him like no other, but the long black hair just adds to the deadman. I think he'll come out more like he did back in 2000. Dark still, but perhaps with bandanas again. Maybe even come back out on the motorcycle. Like a hells angels kind of gig. A real outlaw. Coming out to johnny cash on a badass bike. I think it'd be pretty cool. Yeah it'd be alot like he used to. But it'd be a fresh change. But who knows.

Ideas? Thoughts? Questions?

The Guy only has a few years left in him... infact its widely anticipated that this wrestlemania would be his last.

If he is going to retire then he should retire in the gimmick he is best known for and that is the deadman oldskool muther fucker he has been most recently.

I thought that Taker was portraying the Last Outlaw gimmick. Where he is suppose to be the Deadman just more human form. So I guess he will come back with the jacket and hat as he did at Wrestlemania.

I am not sure of this to be honest. He is just going to look like a skinny version of Kane. An maybe it can or not or maybe he is growing his here out as we speak.

3. What's some of the biggest matches we haven't seen him in that he still has the chance to?

I don't think he has to many big matches left in him. I think we will see one more match a major math and that will be at Wrestlemania. From there I think he will hang up his boots.

Although I'm a big fan of the American Badass/Big Evil character, he'll retire as the deadman/last outlaw, the gimmick he's been most known as

If some rumours I've heard are to believed, he'll fight against Kane at Wrestlemania. I've heard rumours about Kane getting his mask back and destroying everything in sight, basically going full circle. Part of this is that Undertaker comes back to WWE with a shaved head, looking like Kane, messing his head up and into that climatic battle at WM

If this is referring to WM, I've already mentioned Kane could be in the pipeline (to me it has to be Kane to take away the undefeated streak), but I'd like to see Taker take on CM Punk. In Punk's 'shoot heard around the world' he mentioned The Rock vs Cena ME making him sick, I can't see him sitting back without trying to get one over Cena, I can see him try to take on The Undertaker to attempt to take away the streak, if he does, it gives Punk HUGE momentum and possibly makes him that 'Superheel'

I think he will come back as the Deadman with his jacket and hat as I think this will be his last or one of his last storylines in WWE and I think it's only right to have him with his most well known gimmick.

What I heard was that he only shaved the sides of his head and put his hair up under his hat or something like that, so he may not have shaved all of his head in the first place. But if he has in fact shaved his head it'll be a little weird him portraying the Deadman with a shaved head but I don't know what the shaved head will do if it does anything to his character.

Well he's pretty much done it all with the big guys, maybe Punk as a face but I doubt that would help get Punk with his current face turn going up against a returning Taker. I guess he could go against some younger heels like Miz, Barrett, Del Rio, Rhodes or Ziggler.

I hope that he doesn't return yet. He needs to be fully rested and prepared for what might be his final Wrestlemania. That being said, if he does return then I think he will return the same way he left. Trenchcoat, hat, and Johnny Cash entrance theme. The fact that he shaved his head does not change anything. Taker's at the last leg of his career, why ruin his character's nearly endless momentum by debuting a new character? I just hope he doesn't come back as American Badass. I hated that character so much and the shaved head does have me a little concerned that he might come back as the biker. He doesn't need long hair in order to still be The Undertaker though. There are a few big matches we have not really seen yet. Undertaker VS Sheamus, Undertaker VS Barrett, heck even Undertaker VS Christian would be really good. An Orton/Taker rematch seems very likely with the two of them being on the same show if Taker returns on Smackdown. He could return on Raw though, and a Cena feud has not been done. Raw has some guys who he could face that would benefit too though like Del Rio, Punk, or Miz. Those could all be good routes for them to take if he returns before Wrestlemania. Put the future of the federation over, go 20-0 at Wrestlemania, and retire.

i heard undertaker is supposed to return @ vengeance. But as pertaining to your thread i hope he returns as the American bad ass/big evil (but if Linda runs for senate again that won't happen and yes i do see his shaved head being a part of his character but only if it's the ABA and not the stale dead-man. I mean a shaved head for the dead man character wouldn't make sense. But after all it is up to wwe creative and we all know there ideas have sucked for the most part but who knows what they are gonna do so in conclusion the shaved head will only work for the ABA character if wwe fully returns to a 14+ rating. Also i see him returning with the Jacket but no hat because as i said if he comes back as ABA there is no need for the hat. Also i see him against Del rio, Teddy jr. or possibly John Cena (just to appease the Cena lovers) these matches i see happening @ WM28.

At this point in his career, I don't see another character change for the Undertaker. They gave him a new entrance in Johnny Cash earlier this year to freshen things up for the match against Triple H at WrestleMania. If and when he does return he'll probably be the same old Deadman Undertaker with either the Johnny Cash song or a return to his regular entrance music.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to his return quite yet. I'm thinking 20-0 will be his last match at next year's WrestleMania, and I'm looking forward to that IF it actually happens. But I just think there's not a whole lot of competition left for him to face. We have NEVER seen an Undertaker/Jericho feud, and have only seen a limited Undertaker/Cena angle, but since Cena will be facing the Rock that's not ever going to happen. It's kind of a shame, because he's faced every great this business has to offer EXCEPT John Cena and Chris Jericho.

CM Punk? Maybe. Jericho? Hopefully. If it's not one of those two, I'm not really interested in him coming back.

If the Undertaker returns with his head shaved he should be on his harley davidson bike bandana and all because to me a skinhead as the devils favorate demon is not the same as the long haired hat wearing prince of darkness. if he doe's come back on his harley bandana and too keep rolling i would like too see it 2 next years maina where it should be built up too taker vs punk in a streak vs carer match as come on the way punk has been on the mic and in the ring at the mo is just g8 you wouldn't know who would win and i think it would be a lot better than the last punk taker feud

holla :blush:

#1. I would like to see that Last Outlaw gimmick again. It keeps the darkness of the Undertaker but it also makes him seem more human.

#2. I think the shaved head might just mean that it's a for-sure thing that we will have a tweaked Undertaker gimmick.

#3. I think as far as Vengeance goes, Triple H said that when Taker comes back he'll be waiting. So we may have Triple H vs. Undertaker at Vengeance instead of WM28.

#2. I think the shaved head might just mean that it's a for-sure thing that we will have a tweaked Undertaker gimmick.

This may actually be the most obvious thing I have ever said in a forum...but...

HAIR GROWS BACK!

Seriously, it's been months since those pictures of shaved Undertaker surfaced, and it will be months until he comes back. Remember how short his hair was when he returned to face Kane at WrestleMania with the Deadman gimmick? He's had all sorts of different hair styles with all the different gimmicks. I don't think it means anything, expect that he got a hair cut. People cut their hair sometimes...it happens.

I have only seen one picture of "shaved head" Undertaker and he had a hat on so he could have just cut it really short or shaved the sides and had the rest up. Anyway if he does return with shaved hair I would like to see him come back in a Ministry of Darkness type role with a bald head, black goatee and long black coat. A cult leader, satanist, lord of darkness but toned down enough to fit the present era. He seems to be coming towards the end of any sort of regular ring involvment thought so starting a whole new Undertaker era is probably a bit late but who knows what state he is really in. He could lead a stable or Tag Team and do more promos, managerish out of ring work so he can stay on TV without wearing himself out. I just want him to return and have one last run.. Aslong as he does not come back as the American Baddass I will be happy.

Hope he never does, 95% of workers work hard all year and taker still gets 30 - 45 minutes at mania.. he should have retired end of 2007, Punk should have had his retirement match

he will come back as the deadman cause if they bring him back as the american badass it wont make sense

cant coment on the shaved head dont know anything bout it

and he will have a couple of squash matches on smackdown and raw just to get him back into it but as far as big matches go it will b one of three at wrestlemania

1: undertaker vs HHH (Hell in a cell)
2: undertaker vs Kane (No holds bared)
3: undertaker vs Wade Barret (Barried alive match)

as for vengence yes ive heard he is making his return at the ppv but he will appear in the world title main event or in a match feturing one of the three i mentioned he could face at wrestlemania

With all the speculation, I'm wondering about it myself. I'd like to see Taker reinvent himself to end his great career;

1}I wouldn't mind the "last outlaw" gimmick, but, it should be closer to Taker's "American Badass" persona than the darkness deadman thing he had going before. I understand WWE is going PG with the kids and all. But, trying to convince us that Taker has supernatural powers is abit on the cartoonish side and too kiddie. Taker needs a strong finish to his impressive career and his mic work was much more impressive as the badass. At least he was able to utter more than "rest in peace" back then.

2}The shaved head will be a change, that's for sure. However, it's nothing that hasn't been done in wrestling before. Steve Austin and the Big Show did it once their hair was receeding to the point of no longer needing it. How that will effect his return, I don't know. I'm sure it will come in to play somehow.

3}There are still a few big matches Taker could have. None of which include Triple H. That has happened at two Wrestlemanias already and should be done. Although they'll probably still have one more blowoff match. I'd like to see Taker vs. Chris Jericho @ Wrestlemania. That's never happened and could be huge. Taker vs. CM Punk @ Wrestlemania, another huge possible match. The Miz vs. Taker @ Mania would cement Miz if he won and probably would make him stronger even if he lost. The possibilities are endless. A heel Bryan vs. Taker might be nice, too. Whatever WWE goes with, I'm sure we'll like as Taker can still deliver when it's crunch time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back