• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Real Hall Of Fame

This is just a reminder to vote in the WZ Real Hall of Fame.

So far, voter turnout hasn't been very good, and we need more votes! In addition, if you would post who you voted for and why, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post mine later.

Remember, voting ends on Monday!

Due to circumstance, it took me a little longer than I planned to close the last set of poles, but they are now closed. Vote in them all you like, it won't do any bit of good.

I will begin unveiling the very first class of the Wrestlezone Real Wrestling Hall of Fame very soon.

I do ask that you use this particular thread for all discussion. Please do not post in the Induction thread.

I have two..
1. Owen Hart: The man was in the WWF for several years and never got the break he deserved. He was a intercontinental champion and a tag-team champion to me he deserved at least one world title...He had excellent matches with his Brother bret like the steel cage match or the match at WM X he was really probably one of the most underrated wrestlers during his time and i think that he deserves being in the hall of fame
2. Brian Pillman: Former football player having a sucessful team with steve austin as the hollywood blondes and when they went seperate ways pillman still pulled off being a great singles wrestler having a very great feud with jushin thunder lyger and he was the first ever wcw cruserweight champ he was a former member of the IV Horsemen and Pillman has been in the three big promotions in the 90's WCW ECW WWF. Pillman pulled off one of the greatest gimmicks ever in my opinion the loose cannon he did it with perfection.Also being a former member of the resurrected version of the hart foundation.This man is a true legend.Whatever you want to call him Flyin Brian Pillman or the loose cannon he also deserves to be in a hall of fame.

BUMPED

Hello is anyone there? It's been like over 2 months since you posted the 1st class of the WZ HOF. When are you gonna do the 2nd class. We need answers. If you haven't got the time to do it then I'd carry it on if you like, just pm me.

BUMPED

Hello is anyone there? It's been like over 2 months since you posted the 1st class of the WZ HOF. When are you gonna do the 2nd class. We need answers. If you haven't got the time to do it then I'd carry it on if you like, just pm me.
When I ended the first class, the plan was to conduct them every 6 months, meaning that each hall of fame class would be revealed every 7 seven months (about a month to organize and get votes)

So, it'll still be a few more months before the next one is to be started. If we do too many too fast then we'll be putting in people that do not need to be there, thus ruining the reason to have this to begin with.

I think the macho man randy savage should be in he was one of the great talents that was misused and had his career shortend for rediculous reasons

OWEN HART...

The man is the most underrated superstar to ever live! Before his death, he was on his way to a WWF championship match soon enough. He should go in not only for his in ring talent, but for his pure loyalty to ONE Company his whole career! OWEN HART, OWEN HART, OWEN HART!

And the very same thing can be said for Sting. World Champ, Loyal as hell! Great Guy! Those two need to be in the H.O.F!

And, TOMMY DREAMER! again LOYAL AS HELL! $hit, he is even sticking around the new "ECW", just because it's called ECW. how can you have a guy called "THE INNOVATER OF VIOLANCE" and "THE HEART AND SOUL OF ECW" and not put him in the H.O.F? If someone is called the "heart and soul" of a company (Sting), He/She NEEDS TO BE IN THE H.O.F!

Eddie Guerrero

Class athlete, good on the mic, amazing person. He got through all the hard times to become WWE Champion, and everyone knows the world was smiling when he won the title. I believe if he was here now, he would be World Heavyweight Champion...well in fact...he was going to be World Heavyweight Champion on the day that he passed...so in my eyes...he is. But anyway, amazing performer who gave his heart and soul to the business. Cant say that about many more..

Now that enough time has passed, and I have free time again, I plan to start up the next installment of the WZ Real Hall of Fame soon. Start casting your opinions on who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I will take those suggestions and start working on the next ballot.

To view who is already in the Hall of Fame, visit this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=12965

I plan to really get this thing moving after the conclusion of the current Wrestlezone Tournament. But, I need wrestlers now so to be prepared. Thanks.

My suggestions-

Annoucer-Good Ol, JR.The man has been a servant for the business.Its empty and ross has got to be one of the best commentators in any sport

World-No man can argue with Kenta Kobashi.A legend in japan for more than 15 years,and has just come back from cancer.A true hero and a technical messiah.

WCW-Ric Flair.Come on!The man made wrestling what it is today.He has had more 5 star matches than I,ve had chicken nuggets!Despite the fact he has lost edge in the 21st century he still can NOT be called some old has-been.

Announcer- Hard to not go with JR. He's been the voice of monday nights seemingly forever. So many famous scenes in wrestling have his voice attached to them.

AWA- Nick Bockwinkle. After Gagne, he may have been the biggest star in the promotion. He was an amazing heel who just made you want to hate him. Tremendous wrestler as well.

ECW- Paul Heyman. WIthout him, ecw never would've been what it was. He was the mad scientist who took almost nothign and made it the third biggest company in the world.

World- El Santo. He is an absolute legend in Mexico and around the world. He's the Hulk Hogan of Mexico, although here in America he's not that well known. Made Mexican wrestling what it is today.

Manager- Bobby Heenan. No one manager was more annoying or made you want to smack him upside the head like Heenan. He led the war against hogan through the late 80s and early 90s. Also absolutely hilarious with his comedy.

NWA- Harley Race. He was the HHH of his day, and a great heel. Without him, there may not be a Ric Flair today. An absolute general in the ring and I believe 7 world title reigns?

Promoter- Eric Bischoff. He got so close to putting WWF out of business it's scary. THe things he did in the 90s were amazing, whether you like his politics or not.

Women- Fabulous Moolah. There is no way anyone else could be the first inductee. She is the undisputed queen of women's wrestling, hands down.

WWF Pre 1985- Bob Backlund. Great, underrated wrestler, who had a 4+ year reign as champion and only lost it because Hogan came back. Excellent in his time.

WWF Post 1985- Austin. His drawing power is arguably only second to Hogan. Without him, I doubt WWE would be in business. He and DX brought in the Attitude era and led the funnest era in wrestling history.

It's hard to nominate anyone from ECW - the promotion was only around a few yrs, how can you say the body of work someone did for a short time in one decade was Hall Of Fame Worthy ? No one should be in the HOF simply based on their ECW careers, although the work that wrestlers who achieved greater long term success in one of the major promotions should have their ECW days counted towards their worthiness.

Also, WCW should be alligned with the NWA. For all intents and purposes they were the same promotion, only changing names about a year after TeD Turner bought the company from the Crockett family. The only thing that changed was WCW did not cross promote with smaller regional based promotions as much as they did under the NWA banner. However, most of those promotions had gone under by the early 90's and the top wrestlers absorbed by WCW, WWF, or Japan.

There are numerous wrestlers who deserve HOF status...Since I am unfamilair with everyone in the WWE version of the HOF some of these maybe duplicates (I apologise in advance)...

Road Warriors - Dominated the AWA, NWA, and Japan, plus had a very successful run in the WWF in the early 90's. It's already been mentioned how many titles they won, they also particiapated in some of the most popular fueds of the 1980's against the likes of The Horsemen and The Midnight Express back when tag team wrestling was promoted as heavily as singles wrestling.

Verne Gagne - The "father of modern wrestling, Gagne trained many of the top stars in the industry including Ken Patera and Ric Flair. He successfully ran the AWA for two decades, giving major pushes to future WWF stars like Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and Scott "Razor Ramoan" Hall. His 9 world titles were a record (broken by Ric Flair in 1993)[/I].

Nick Bockwinkle - One of the great heels of the 70's, Bockwinkle was the prototypical cocky bad guy, mostly in the AWA but he appeared in the other major promotions as well. In the 1980's, he became the "elder stateman" of pro wrestling trying to save the AWA from the evil clutches of hated Larry Zybysco, while adding multiple runs as World Champion to his credit. A solid brawler but very good ring technician, his matches late in his career against Curt Henning were some of the best in wrestling in 1987 (their near 60 minute long re-match for the AWA Title was one of Henning's all time best televised matches). Stayed active with on air roles in WCW into 1995 even though he essentially retired from regular in ring activity by 1988.

Randy Savage - The Macho Man, next to Hulk Hogan, was the biggest star of the 1980's WWF. Unlike Hogan, Savage mostly played a villainous woman abusing heel, although he did have a solid run as a fan favorite while Hogan was off the scene in 1988 (coinciding with his first of two WWF title runs).
A far better in ring performer than most of the WWF roster at that time, Savage deserves credit for carrying Hogan to one of his all time best performances at WrestleMania V, as well as his retirement match against the Ultimate Warrior one year later (it took a lot to pull a good match out of Warrior). When matched up with other good performers his matches were typically excellent (see WrestleMania 3 vs Ricky Steamboat or WM 8 vs Ric Flair). After his WWF run ended in the early 90's. Savage went to WCW and continued to be one of the shows top stars, reviving his WWF feud with Flair and playing an integral part of both the return of Lex Luger and the NWO story line. Multiple (although short) WCW title runs followed. Savage left full time wrestling in 1999 and has been seen little since. Add the fact that he was one of the top stars in the Mid South region before he joined WWF and you have a twenty year career of mostly main event status feuding with and wrestling against the biggest names in the industry.

Bruno Sammartino - Simply put, the entire WWF was built around this guy as his seven year long title run would show. The WWF never would have gained the popularity it did in the Northeast US if not for Sammartino. Two reigns as champion spanning a total of nine plus years and the fact he carried the promotion (very successfully) for 15 years and this guy is a shoe in.

It's hard to nominate anyone from ECW - the promotion was only around a few yrs, how can you say the body of work someone did for a short time in one decade was Hall Of Fame Worthy ? No one should be in the HOF simply based on their ECW careers, although the work that wrestlers who achieved greater long term success in one of the major promotions should have their ECW days counted towards their worthiness.
It was around for nearly a decade. It is also being combined with the AWA promotion, so it doesn't water things down.

Also, WCW should be alligned with the NWA.
No.

For all intents and purposes they were the same promotion, only changing names about a year after TeD Turner bought the company from the Crockett family. The only thing that changed was WCW did not cross promote with smaller regional based promotions as much as they did under the NWA banner. However, most of those promotions had gone under by the early 90's and the top wrestlers absorbed by WCW, WWF, or Japan.
The NWA and WCW are quite dissimilar. WCW was created in '88, and broke away from the NWA in 91. They were a company for 13 years, and an independent company for 10. In that time, they had some of the greatest stars in the world, and some of the greatest matches in the world. They ruled the wrestling world from 96-98.

They are deserving of their own wing.

Road Warriors - Dominated the AWA, NWA, and Japan, plus had a very successful run in the WWF in the early 90's. It's already been mentioned how many titles they won, they also particiapated in some of the most popular fueds of the 1980's against the likes of The Horsemen and The Midnight Express back when tag team wrestling was promoted as heavily as singles wrestling.

Verne Gagne - The "father of modern wrestling, Gagne trained many of the top stars in the industry including Ken Patera and Ric Flair. He successfully ran the AWA for two decades, giving major pushes to future WWF stars like Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and Scott "Razor Ramoan" Hall. His 9 world titles were a record (broken by Ric Flair in 1993)[/I].

Bruno Sammartino - Simply put, the entire WWF was built around this guy as his seven year long title run would show. The WWF never would have gained the popularity it did in the Northeast US if not for Sammartino. Two reigns as champion spanning a total of nine plus years and the fact he carried the promotion (very successfully) for 15 years and this guy is a shoe in.
These three have already been inducted into the WZ Real Hall of Fame.

You can visit the Hall of Fame here: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=12965

I would like to Nominate the following.

Rikidozan: This is because he is the father of puroresu, he is that big, if you want to compare him he is the equivalent of a Hogan and Austin put together. That is purely in Japan.

Buddy Rogers: How else are you going to keep the original Nature Boy out of the Hall of Fame. He was the original WWE champion back when it was Capitol Wrestling. He had the Longevity as well.

Frank Gotch: We need to do a pioneer era of Wrestling and the first Inductee should be this guy, he held the belt the second longest time ever in one reign. Second only to Bruno Sammartino. He held it when the matche would turn into shoots, the Catch as catch can era is so important that ignoring it is ignoring the origins of Wrestling as a Whole.

undertaker because almost 20 years in the wwe five world titles more if he dosen't get screwed damn it! he was in the first hell in cell he has been it all of the burtal matches he makes guys like batista, cena not really also big daddy v have good matches with batista they had good matches like at wrestlemania, Backlash,cyber sunday and survival series also 15-0 at mania he is a legend he should be in the hall of fame. if he's out there nobody should:undertaker2:

Just for the record, I have recorded the most recent suggestions to my list of votes for guys to be nominated. But, it's not enough, I can always use more. As I said earlier, I will begin this when the Wrestlezone Tourny is over with, and it can draw more attention to the forum. I hope people do participate, especially considering many people have trouble classifying the WWE Hall of Fame legitimate, as seen in Shockmaster's debate threads.

So, if you want someone to be in a "legit" Hall of Fame (for what it's worth on an Internet forum), go ahead and suggest someone for nomination. And don't be afraid to suggest someone who has already been suggested, as the more people who suggest it, makes it more likely that person gets nominated for a chance to be inducted.

The Steiner Brothers. Highly regarded as of the greatest tag teams of all time, holding the top gold everywhere they went pre-1998 split. One of the most sucessful tag teams in the business, and the only team in history to win the WWE, WCW and IWGP Tag gold. They also hold many PWI awards, including the second greatest tag team of all time and winning tag team of the year twice.

Ric Flair. Many regard him as the greatest wrestler of all time. 16 time world champion. An endless list of classic matches. Arguably the most influential wrestler of all time. Has been refered to as "The Ultimate showman" and "The standard bearer", he definately deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back