• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Real Hall Of Fame

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
While over the past few years WWE's H.O.F. has become a proper event, with worthy superstars. It still contains people that really aren't what you would call legends. It also has the Celebrity wing which I.M.O. is pointless unless it contain's the like's of Cindi Lauper, Mr. T and Mike Tyson. People who actually contibuted to the WWE when they were around and helped WWE gain mainstream publisity. Pete Rose and William Perry are not those people.

Also the like's of Sting, Muta, Bruiser Brody and other's will probably never be inducted because they have either never competed for the WWE or have feud's with the McMahon's.

Everybody pick one superstar that should automatically go into the Ultimate H.O.F. and around the time of WWE's H.O.F. I'll do a complete list of 15 superstar's who deserve to be inducted. REMEMBER TO GIVE REASON'S.

Quite simple Ric Flair. Possibly the greatest ever in the sport of pro wrestlng and a legend in every company he competed in

The British Bulldog

In the 80's he and the Dynamite Kid owned the tag team scene, he's won countless World Tag Team titles with The Kid and Owen Hart, as well as EVERY WWE title he could win (Including hardcore!!) apart from the World Title of course which is a big shame, (however he did pin then champion Shawn Michaels, both men's shoulder were on the mat for the three count!!). He also gave WWE mainstream attention in the UK in the 80's/90's as someone who we could relate to, climaxing in seeling out Wembley Stadium of all places and winning his first Intercontinental title beating Bret Hart.

the Wrestling Observer has a good Hall of Fame, one that is much more legit than the WWE's...

but if we are talking about WWE's, i would have to go with Randy Savage

started his career in the seventies, was a second generation wrestler,with Miss Elizabeth by his side, wins Intercontinental title form Tito Santana, holds it for over a year, having memorable fueds with George "the Animal" Steele and Ricky Steamboat, climaxing @ WrestleMania 3 with Steamboat beating him in an all time classic...later on turns face, and wins the WWf World title in a tournament at WrestleMania 4 beating Ted DiBiase in the finals...drops title to Hulk Hogan @ WrestleMania 5...fueds with Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Crush, etc... gets bitten by Jake Robert's Cobra on Superstars...wins another WWF World Title from Ric Flair... jumps to WCW and wins WCW World title, eventually joins nWo, has one of the BEST fueds of the Monday Night War era against DDP... wins another WCW World title befoere its all said and done

It's not nessicerily a WWE H.O.F. It's more of a WZ H.O.F. Who really deserve's to be in. WWE has a lot of legend's in there H.O.F. but usually most of them are inducted to fill up the rest of the show.

The idea of this is a one off H.O.F. where you have to get the ultimate wrestlers and personalities.

ohh well then you have to put in Sick Nick Mondo possibly the craziest and the most hardcore of anybody

i sayy the undertaker probably one of the best wrestlers of all time when he was a heell he was a heel when he was a babyface he was a babyface liked by many he has charisma and the total packagee

Hmm, i really like this thread, havign a hard time with it though.

My Credentials: I Really like the way the major sports here in the US do things. The person must be retired for 5 years or be deceased to get into the hall of fame, so that will weigh in on my decision mostly. This is why a Ric Flair won't make my first cut, because he's still a full time wrestler. Obviously guys like Michaels and Undertaker would go in, but they are active so they're not on my list.

I'll use the wording of this thread to my advantage.
One superstar that should automatically get in.
I will take a lot of crap for this and i'm ready for it, but you start with wrestling, you start with the main man Hulk Hogan. Hogan was wrestling for the 80's and most of the 90's. With the exception of Ric Flair, there will never be anyone with that dominate of a run. He headlined the First 8 wrestelmanias and somehow managed to sneak into the main event of WM 9.

He went over to WCW and the fans followed when he turned to the NWO. He came back to WWE and headlined Summerslam 05 against Shawn Michaels, the man can do it all. My vote: Hulk Hogan.

Now since that's the one automatic pick, i can still make a list of others that should get in. I like the idea of 15 for the first couple of years, but i think after a couple years it should be narrowed to 5 to keep it very prestigous.

Top 5:
Hulk Hogan
Andre the Giant: The man was bigger then the business itself.
Harley Race: You cannot go against an 8 time world champion, especially in that era when the belt wasn't as disposable as it is now.
Rowdy Roddy Piper: The foible to Hogan. Without Piper, Hulkamania never would have started.
Terry Funk: Was everything from a straight wrestler to a hardcore icon. Long LIve the Funker.

The rest of the 10 I think should go in first.
Ricky Steamboat: Absolutley amazing, you can watch his matches all day long.
Bret Hart: I don't rank him in the top 5, simply because, and i shouldn't bring personal feelings into it, he just never made me say wow as a kid. As an adult I appreciate it.
Jake the Snake Roberts: Lack of gold and lack of heart will probably keep him out, but watch any documentary on the man, and everyone says the same thing, he has the best in ring psychology in history. For those of you that never saw Jake, watch Raven, he's a mirror image of him.
Big Van Vader: Simply the best Big man as far as weight ever. he was viscous and destroyed people.
Superstar Billy Graham: 20 years too soon is exactly right. if the man was in his prime today he would own professional wrestling.
Flyin Brian Pillman: he was the revolutionary wrestlers in his division that never got respect. Pillman in his prime was simply an amazing athlete and his matches were spectacular.
Shane Douglas: I know I'll get a bunch of crap on this one too, but if you watched ECW, you watched it because you hated this man. you can watch RVD, and Sabu fly around, but the 2nd Douglas took that mic, you were pissed off.

Celebrity Wing: I love Pete Rose. I know it's not popular but his interference and battles wtih Kane at three consecutive wrestlemanias was enough for me. First he gets beat down as an announcer, then he comes out as the San Diego Chicken, and then he sneaks into the ring with a baseball bat, this is priceless. The greatest baseball player ever messing with a monster, I love it.

Manager: Classie Freddie Blassie: If you didn't love this man, you are not a wrestling fan.

Announcer: Simply the best Gorilla Monsoon. I know i will take a ton of crap on this, but Monsoon and Ventura are the best commentating duo ever.

Stone Cold Steve Austin! He almost single handedly saved the WWE and buried the WCW, he energized and entertained the fans in a way no other man ever has or may ever will! His fued with Vince was just classic and put wrestling to a level it has never been at before, the wrestling world can never repay austin for what he did to and for wrestling. Maybe the best ever.

Stone Cold Steve Austin! He almost single handedly saved the WWE and buried the WCW, he energized and entertained the fans in a way no other man ever has or may ever will! His fued with Vince was just classic and put wrestling to a level it has never been at before, the wrestling world can never repay austin for what he did to and for wrestling. Maybe the best ever.

I second that! Without Steve Austin wrestling would be back to a circus act.

I agree with Stone Cold Steve Austin, but not this year. You can make the arguement he retired from full time wrestling in '02, but his last match was at WM 19 where he was set to make a little comeback, which was only 4 years ago. Again if there are no time restrictions, he's in.

First and foremost, everybody needs to realize that the WWE HoF is a complete sham. Don't believe me? Check these facts:

1. Vince wants to buy the AWA Video library, so get into Verne Gagnes good graces and induct him in the HoF. Video library sold, Vince making money off of AWA
2. Vince wants to buy the World Class Video library, so get on the Von Erichs good side and induct the entire family, Video library sold, soon we'll se the best of World Class Championship Wrestling on DvD, onDemand and, WWE 24/7.
3. Eddie dies in fall, inducted in spring the following year. Put in a storyline. Rey freakin Mysterio wins the World Heavyweight Championship at Mania, the day after Eddie is inducted.

To be legitimate, WWE should have standards like EVERY other sport:
1. Must be retired from competition for at least 4 or 5 years to be inducted.
2. Must have accomplished something no other person has. Example, Road Warriors winning every major tag team championship of their era, WWE/F, WCW/NWA, AWA.
3. Be the first to accomplish something. Example: Shane Douglas, the first ever ECW, Extreme Championship Wrestling Champion.

Technically, the HoF shouldn't be operated by the WWE. The only wrestlers that will ever get inducted will either have something Vince wants, ie, Gagne & Von Erich, or not work for any other promotion ever. Notice how TNA used to bring in legends every now and then? Where are they now? Vince will only induct people he wants. See the Shiek, uncle of Sabu. Vince never cared for him and Sabu is in the doghouse, so he won't be inducted, Sting, Honkytonk Man.

What about Owen Hart? When is Owen going to be inducted? Unlike Eddie, Owen gave up his life trying to please Vince when he died in a WWE/F ring.
Gordon Solie should be inducted. He's the dean of wrestling announcers!

Come on guys, don't ignore this thread, this is a really good idea. There are enough people on here that know their old school wrestling and should be contributing to this. We all post here, not to sound like a homer for the message board, but lets do this thing. Let's put our stamp on our opinion on things. We got two weeks, lets get this thing cooking.

Wrestlefan, the problem with your logic is that Professional Wrestling is not a sport, it's sports-entertainment, and admittedly so, and it shouldn't be considered anything else.

I agree that there should be some merit to the people who get inducted, it shouldn't just be anyone, but if the people who we think should be inducted and haven't don't WANT to be inducted how will they? They won't go to the ceremony, so what's the point?

What if Bret Hart decided he wasn't on speaking terms with Vince last year and didn't do the HOF? Should Vince still have gone through with it? Who would've accepted the honor for him?

Obviously Vince needs to pull some strings in order to get people inducted AND keep his business afloat. But at the same time he's not going to induct someone who really doesn't deserve it because he wants something from them.

He's not going to induct, for instance, Vince Russo or something because he wants to pry him away from TNA (just an example).

You don't think that Gagne should've been inducted?

You don't think that the Von Erich's should be inducted?

You don't think that Eddie should've been inducted?

Answer those questions and read what I just posted before bashing their system... because all things considered it really is the best way to go.

Well I'm going to go ahead and run with this thing, so here is my idea for the, I won't call it the Wrestlezone Hall of Fame, just the Old School Hall of Fame. Here is my vision for it.

We have wings. Maybe for this first year we do it a couple of times, but lets make it an annual event. We choose who we want in this thing. Here's how I would do the wings.

Here would be the wings.
WWWF: 1963-1979 (1 Inductee Per Year)
WWF: 1980-2002 (1 Inductee Per Year)
ECW: 1993 - 2001 (1 Inductee Per Year)
WCW: 1991 - 2001 (1 Inductee Per Year)
NWA: 1948-1993 ( 1 Inductee Per Year)
AWA: 1957 - 1991 (1 Inductee Per Year)
Independent Promotions (1 Inductee Per Year)
Overseas/Mexican (2 Inductee Per Year)
Old,Old School Wrestling: Prior to 1948 (1 inductee Per year)
Manager (1 Inductee Per Year)
Tag Team (1 Tag Team per year)
Womens Wrestler: (1 Inductee per Year)
Promoter(1 Inductee Per Year)
Announcer (1 Inductee Per Year)

So it is possible that someone can get into multiple wings of this Hall of Fame. A Ric Flair can conceivably in the first year get into the Hall of Fame in both the WCW and NWA wing.

So my thoughts on doing this would be...
Each poster can nominate up to 5 guys per spot, but you don't have to fill otu each category if you don't know enough about it. Out of all the nominations, I'll narrow it down to a certain number of people that we can vote for, and the winner of the vote will go into the Old School Wrestling Hall Of Fame.

I discourage listing wrestlers, I want reasons why you think someone should be in the Hall, not just a name. Make an arguement for this person. Don't put someone on there that is iffy, just because someone didn't mention him before. Put who you think is the best 5 nominees for each spot.

Any Questions? Leave them here. This sound good or not?

Ted DiBiase - He was perhaps the first real heel to actually capture the popularity of the fans and was a three time WWF Tag Champion with IRS, was one of only three NA Champions as well as held the AWA National Heavyweight Title and was King of the Ring in 1988. DiBiase, aside from his accomplishments in the ring, was the heel that the people loved to hate. He was immensly popular and was responsible for creating the Million Dollar Corporation, which helped launch the career of both The Undertaker and Steve Austin. There are few heels, both now and then, that had the impact that Dibiase did on their company.

There, since you asked for more involvment I figured Id try to help. Im not sure if this is what your looking for, but this is my nomination for WWF. Considering Hogan will probably be the first this wont be useful until later down the line, but eventually I think DiBiase should get in.

My nominations:

Bret Hart - Best technical wrestler in the history of the business IMO
Mick Foley - Sacrificed his body to give us holy shit moments that has kept us talking about them moments for years
Bob Backlund - Held the title for what 5/6 years? Very respected in the industry from what I gather
Bruno Sammartino - Again Ive never seen him wrestler but he held onto the WWWF title for ages.
Paul Heyman - a true wrestling genius in terms of creativity in my eyes, more or less created the Attitude era whether Vince likes to admit it or not

My Nominations.
WWWF:
Bruno Sanmartino: Without a doubt, this man has got to be the favorite to get in. A nearly 8 year title reign followed bya 3 year title reign. Suffice to say, that would never fly today. This was a reflection of the 60's with dominant sports dynasties with the Yankees, UCLA, and the Celtics. People didn't mind, because it was expected.

Pedro Morales: The first triple crown winner and first Latin American World Champion.

Andre the Giant: The face of professional Wrestling before Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Never lost in a WWF ring until WM3. The man was larger then life, and bigger then the belt itself.

Superstar Billy Graham: If there ever was a man that influenced what wrestlign was going to become, it was this man right here. The whole look and physique directly influenced guys like Hogan, Ventura, and Scott Steiner.

My Pick: Bruno Sanmartino. I think it's a two horse race with him and Andre, but Sanmartino got the WWWF going and off the ground.

WWF: It Gets a lot tougher.
Bob Backlund: Started the era with a near 4 year title reign. This was the vision of Vince Sr. A young guy that knew how to wrestle. Backlund was no slouch in a fight though, he can get bloody and mean when he wanted to.

Hulk Hogan: Without question, the man that single handedly revolutionized the business. Some will say the bad out weighs the good, and I may agree with it, but you can not deny, Wrestling would not be as popular as it is today if it wasn't for Hogan knocking down the door.

Bret the Hitman Hart: Possibly the purest technical wrestler I have ever seen. Some will complain that his matches are well scripted, but you always got a good show with the Hitman. I'm not a personel fan of Hart, but I can't deny the impact a 5 time champion will make.

Shawn Michaels: Its kind of sketchy for me on this pick right here. There is no doubt, Michaels can go, but this time frame is pre-2002. I believe that character comes into play, and face it, before the back injury, Shawn Michaels was a cancer. You can't deny he revolutionized the business from a land of giants, to the land of mid-range guys for a brief time.

Steve Austin: Some will say, he is the man that brought the WWE back from the dead. He changed the business from a cartoon wasteland into an in your face must see weekly event. Austin feud with McMahon will forever be the greatest in the history of the business.

My Pick: Hulk Hogan. I've got my flame shield on already, but Hogan has done more for the business in the last 25 years then anyone. Hogan headlined 7 of the first 9 WM's, thats a huge feat. Austins star burned brightly, but it was a good 5 year run, Hogan dominated for 15 years before it finally burned out.

ECW: Some will say they shouldn't deserve an individual spot, but I think they do. I'll hear an arguement that they should be in the independent section, but I might not listen.

Shane Douglas: The Franchise of ECW. The man that wore the ECW banner proudly. The man that threw down a dead and meaningless title and proclaimed it the Extreme World title. You tuned into ECW, you were pleased when the Franchise was on.

Raven: The master of in ring psychology of the 90's. Involved in perhaps the most controversial angle ever in wrestling history, Scott Levy still didn't skip a beat. The transformation that Levy made into Raven is still staggering to this day, Johnny Polo anyone?

Terry Funk: The Living Legend himself. The king of Hardcore. Funk is a damn good wrestler, but most will remember him as being the crazy old man that destroyed his body in his 50's to put on a damn good show for a bingo hall. Funk kept the moral alive and gave hope to a small company.

Tommy Dreamer: An odd choice, but I think a right one. Tommy Dreamer maybe the guy that is most symbolized by ECW. No matter what he does in WWE, he always had his ECW gear on. He bled for the company, and he fights for it to this day. He could have been a multiple time champion, but didn't want it, yet was still over with the crowd.

Rob Van Dam: A man taht was despised by the crowd for the longest time, turned it all around and became the face of the old ECW. A two year long title reign int he modern era is damn impressive, (unless your name is John Cena). RVD shows that unlike other wrestler with similar style, he is more then just a spot monkey. He can do the acrobats, and technical mat wrestling.

My Pick: Very tough choice, but I lean with Shane Douglas on this one. The man had balls to throw down the NWA world title, and when I think of ECW Champion, I think of Shane Douglas.

WCW:
Ric Flair: When you think of WCW, you think of Ric Flair. Flair was the man that led WCW away from the NWA era. You can not deny a man that is a 16 time world Champion. He bled the company until the company pissed on him, and he still came back and stayed until the very end.

Sting: Charisma and great in ring ability. He was the face of WCW throughout the early 90's. The loud, brash, and cocky Sting was the Ultimate Warrior done way right. The man did a complete 180, and was the Dark Crow Character, and still the most over person in the company. Yet another man whose undying loyalty to the company to this day, keeps him from competing in a WWE ring.

Hulk Hogan: Love him or hate him, Hogan put WCW on the map as a main player. WCW outdrew WWE with Hogan in the main event spotlight. Hogan arguably became teh most hated heal in the business ever with the NWO and Hollywood Hogan. The man won the WCW title 6 times. Hogan is responsible for the wrestlign world coming within a heartbeat of seeing McMahon get put out of business.

Big Van Vader: Vader? Vader you say. The man maybe the best big, big meaning obese, wrestler the business has seen. He played the monster heel perfectly and filled the shoes of a departed Ric Flair. Vader dominated the early years of WCW and scared the piss out of many wrestlers that stepped in the ring with the Man Mountain.

Goldberg: This was a tossup with Goldberg and Luger, but I leaned with Goldberg on this one. Goldberg made up for a lack of in ring ability with an uncanny appearance of a white hot Steve Austin. I'm not a Goldberg fan, but you can't deny, Goldberg put numbers up against Steve Austin, and that is no small task.

My Pick: Tough, but lean with Ric Flair. He is the nature boy for crying out loud. Without a doubt, this is a two horse race, Sting gets in next year.

More to come...

My Nominations

WWWF: 1963-1979 (1 Inductee Per Year) - Tough call between Bruno and Andre, but I'm going to go with Bruno Sammartino. The man was Hulk Hogan before Hulk Hogan. He sold out Madison Square Garden a record 187 times. He held the title continuously a record 7 years and 8 months straight. His total combined length of title reign is a record 4,040 days, which is almost double the amount of time Hulk Hogan held the belt.

Whoever said that records were made to be broken, clearly was not referring to Bruno Sammartino.

WWF: 1980-2002 (1 Inductee Per Year) - Another tough decision which comes down between Hulk Hogan and Andre. Since Andre was on the down side of his career at this point, I have to give the nod to Hogan. In a little more than a year and a half, Hulk Hogan came back to the WWF, won the title, and proceeded to lead the WWF to a huge boom period, in which they overtook the historic NWA territories, and re-defined the wrestling business. Wrestling fans all over the world were Hulkamaniacs, and the man is one of the biggest draws in history. He was also a world-class in-ring performer and his charisma and ability to work a crowd are legendary.

ECW: 1993 - 2001 (1 Inductee Per Year) - Taz. While I do not believe that anyone from ECW is worthy of being put aside legends like Bruno, Hogan, Andre, Flair etc., one cannot deny that Taz was a main-event staple of the biggest indy promotion in American wrestling history. Taz was a multiple time ECW champion, and an ECW Triple Crown champion. He was mega over in front of ECW fans, and is a legend of ECW.

WCW: 1991 - 2001 (1 Inductee Per Year) - Hulk Hogan would be my pick here. However, he's already in due to the WWF, so we'll go someplace else. My pick here is Sting. The only big name WCW talent to never work for Vince McMahon, Sting literally carried WCW on his back through the roughest times after guys like Flair, and Luger, and the Steiners all left. In addition, he re-invented himself in 1997 and was part of the biggest story in professional wrestling that year. The man was exciting as anyone could ask for, was a good wrestler, was incredibly athletic, and was the personification of WCW.

NWA: 1948-1993 ( 1 Inductee Per Year) - Ric Flair. I'm not really sure what I need to say about this. The man was the NWA for over a decade and is still today reaping the benefits of his work from 20 years ago.

AWA: 1957 - 1991 (1 Inductee Per Year) - Verne Gagne. Formed, owned, and promoted the AWA. Was a 10 time AWA champion. His promotion was the class of wrestling for a while, and such talents as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Ole Anderson, Nick Bockwinkel, Ricky Steamboat, Bob Backlund etc, all were trained by Gagne or made their name in Gagne's promotion.

Independent Promotions (1 Inductee Per Year) - Shouldn't this be where ECW wrestlers get chosen from?

Manager (1 Inductee Per Year) - Miss Elizabeth. Beautiful, classic, elegant, classy...all these adjectives describe the lovely Miss Elizabeth. She didn't say much, she didn't have to. She was the called the First Lady of Wrestling, and her beauty was unmatched. Simply by being associated with Miss Elizabeth, one was taken to another level of being a face. Anyone who watched wrestling with Miss Elizabeth around cannot help but have a soft spot in their heart for her. In addition, she main-evented at Summerslam 1991 in her wedding to Randy Savage. How many other workers can claim such a feat?

Tag Team (1 Tag Team per year) - The Road Warriors - The kicking ass and taking names team of the 80s. They were mega over as a tag team, and their legacy outlasts the wrestlers themselves. They were so popular they even inspired a ripoff tag-team in Demolition (who was a damn fine team themselves).

Womens Wrestler: (1 Inductee per Year) - The Fabulous Moolah - Quite simply the greatest women's wrestler in America ever. The WWF says she had a 30 year title reign, and while that is not exactly true, she did hold the belt for the majority of those 30 years. The woman was, as her stage name implied, simply fabulous.

Promoter(1 Inductee Per Year) - Vince McMahon Jr. Nothing more needs to be said.

Announcer (1 Inductee Per Year) - Bobby Heenan - Simply an amazing color commentator, whose banter with Gorilla Monsoon was many times more interesting than the match itself. However, not only was he a weasely color commentator, he also provided great insight into the heel psychology of a match, and made the heels seem more evil than they could on their own.

Nice choices Slyfox.

I guess my reasoning behind ECW is because they gained World Title Status by many different wrestling magazine and reporters. They were self sufficient enough in my opinion. Some would even argue, and I don't exactly agree with this, that ECW became #2 over WCW. If this thing catches on, I would probably only have 3-4 ECW people in the HoF before that wing is closed.

Fair enough. I think as long as you close the wing after a few inductees, I could understand that. I just don't want to see guys like Balls Mahoney sharing in the presence of someone like Hulk Hogan.

But, I'm not running this thing, so take that for what you will! :)

I wouldn't wnat it to get ridiculous with guys like Balls Mahoney. In all seriousness, I think you could get away with Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Tazz, and possibly one more in ECW before you close the book on it. I'm trying to think on how I would do it all around though. I'm looking at probably an inductee per 3 years of existence, if that makes sense. So for the WWF, I would have 22 years, possibly Seven inductess to represent the WWF Federation Years. So hypothetically, in the modern Era of WWE, the Last 5 years, you would get in one person, and next year, you could add another wrestler.

My choices (Im keeping the reasons to the basics, Ill come back when I have mor time to flesh it out):

WWWF era: Can't go past Bruno Sammartino, he was a monster in the Ring and was the Mega baby face of the era.

WWF era: Ill go with Andre here, The WWE HOF was created for Andre after he died so it is appropriate for Andr to be inducted first.

ECW: Im going with Tommy Dreamer, while he wasn't the best wrestler, he is the heart and soul of what ECW was. He was the gateway to the mainevent towards the end.

WCW: Ric Flair, need I say more One of the all time greats. So there isn't much that needs to be said.

NWA: Lou Theze or however you spell his last name, he is an absolute legend and should be automatically in the HoF.

AWA: Verne Gagne-All has been said before as well as being one of the great Wrestlers of the age.

Manager: Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, great manager as well as in other positions but manager is the best one considering other options in other sections.

Announcer: Gordon Solie, considered to be either one or two on the list of great play-by-play guys. There isn't much that I can say about this guy other than that JR thinks that he is the best when JR is arguably the best Play by Play guy.

Womens Wrestler: Fabulous Moolah, Held the WWF womens title Contensiously for more years than sammartino ever held his own title, I think it went into multiple decades, though she barely ever defended it during that time.

Tag Team: British Bulldogs, two great Wrestlers in a Tag Team together in Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, so It is tough but this is the tag team I would place in there.

Promoter: Vincent Kennedy McMahon, He ay be the Devil Incarnate but he was the first to bring Wrestling to a larger stage than what it was under the NWA.

Independent Wrestler: Steve Corino, he has dominated the Indy scene since the collapse of ECW, he is who I think should be inducted here he held the NWA and the revived AWA title, as well as working all over the world

International Wrestling: Giant Baba, he made names like Ric Flair, he wrestled guys like Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino, he then proceeds to create AJPW, after the death of the guy that brought Pro Wrestling to Japan. He is also one of the best Big men of all time.

International Wrestling: Keiji Mutoh, the Great Muta, Same guy and anIcon of Japanese Wrestling still going after all these years, not much I can say about him when it comes to Him.

Old Old School: Abe Coleman, The Inventor of the Dropkick can't say much more than that, only died this year at the age of 101.

I wouldn't wnat it to get ridiculous with guys like Balls Mahoney. In all seriousness, I think you could get away with Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Tazz, and possibly one more in ECW before you close the book on it. I'm trying to think on how I would do it all around though. I'm looking at probably an inductee per 3 years of existence, if that makes sense. So for the WWF, I would have 22 years, possibly Seven inductess to represent the WWF Federation Years. So hypothetically, in the modern Era of WWE, the Last 5 years, you would get in one person, and next year, you could add another wrestler.
Well, hopefully Terry Funk will get in through his work in the NWA and not ECW.

What I would do, and this is just a suggestion, is just take the three most nominated wrestlers from each wing that you have listed. And, then I would just run a series of polls asking for people to vote for one of the ones listed, and the one with the most votes goes in. You could do this every three months or every six months.

When it came time again to do another set of inductees, keep the two that were not originally chosen, and ask for more nominations. Then, take the one with the most nominations out of the new ones, and put them with the two losers from the first round of inductees, and create more polls.

Finally, if you do this three separate times, any wrestler that does not get inducted after three chances, loses his grandfathered in spot, and must be re-nominated.

But, that's just a suggestion. If you can understand it lol.

(Apologies for the bump, but I hope it's worth it)

Ok, since there seemed to be SOME interest in this from some people, and because it was recently brought back up, I thought I'd try taking the reigns of this experiment, with all due respect to the previous attempts.

The Hall of Fame will run in the fashion I stated in the post immediately preceding this. There will be 9 separate categories to vote for Hall of Fame. They are:

WWF (Pre 1985) - Singles wrestlers from 1985 and before
Manager/Tag Team - Any manager or any tag team from any promotion
AWA/ECW - Any singles wrestler from the AWA or ECW

WWF (Post 1985) - Singles wrestlers from 1985 on
Independent/Worldwide - Any singles wrestler not in a major US promotion
Announcer/Women’s/Promoter - Common Sense

WCW - Any singles wrestler from the WCW era (1991-2001)
NWA - Any singles wrestler from any time of the NWA
Miscellaneus - Anyone who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but doesn't fit in the other categories. Such selections can include wrestling families, celebrities, staff members etc.

Now, to address some questions I know will be coming.

Question: Why can we only vote for one wrestler from the AWA and ECW combined?

Answer: ECW on its own does not have enough wrestlers to really deserve its own separate voting. The AWA passed its prime by the mid 1980s and many people (including myself) just don't know enough about it. Thus, in the interest of integrity, they are combined.

Question: What is the difference between Independent/Worldwide and Miscellaneous?

Answer: Miscellaneous will be used as a catch-all for anyone or thing deserving to be in the Hall of Fame. Voting may be different, and it may not be eligible for voting everytime. So, for instance, let's say Mr. T is up for induction into Miscellaneous. If he is the only worthy candidate, then he must get at least 80% of the people to vote "Yes" for him to get in. If not, he will not be in. That is just an example, and voting for this category will be subject to change.

Question: Why so many different voting categories for US based promotions, and one collective for everywhere else in the world?

Answer: More people, to me at least it seems, know more and enjoy more US based major promotions than any other. While it may be unfair to slight some other great promotions, I'm just not sure the information or knowledge will be as high as it would for the WWF or WCW.

Question: Can a wrestler be nominated for more than one voting category?

Answer: Yes. For example, Bobby Heenan can be nominated for the Manager category and the Announcer category. However, he does not get collective votes, and must win either category separately to be in the Hall of Fame. Additionally, Bobby Heenan will not get in twice. If he gets voted in through Manager/Tag Team category, then he is in the Wrestlezone Hall of Fame, and his accomplishments will include both his managing and his announcing.

Now, how this will work, is I will post three polls every week. The polls each week will be grouped in the same manner that they are above. So, the first week is the Pre-1985 WWF, the AWA/ECW and the Manager/Tag team categories. Voting will last one week. At the end of the week, I will reveal the results, the new inductees, the new nominations, and the next set of polls.

Are you wondering how to get your favorite wrestler on the possible for nomination list? Just state in the thread which wrestlers you feel should be nominated, and why. The more votes an individual gets in the thread, the more likely he is to be on the list of possible candidates to be nominated. However, I reserve reasonable creative control in some instances. For example, if there are 50 people who vote for CM Munk and Colt CaBunny to be a candidate for nomination, I will use my creative control to vanquish that. In instances where someone gets votes for one category, and then another, I will use my reasonable creative control to decide where they belong in the voting. So, please, only real nominations.

Here is the list so far, with the number of votes each person has received from you, the posters.

Abe Coleman (1)
Andre the Giant (3)
Billy Graham (1)
Bob Backlund (2)
Bobby Heenan (2)
Bret Hart (2)
British Bulldogs (1)
Bruno Sammartino (4)
Fabulous Moolah (2)
Giant Baba (1)
Goldberg (1)
Gordon Solie (1)
Great Muta (1)
Hulk Hogan (4)
Lou Thesz (1)
Miss Elizabeth (1)
Nick Mondo (1)
Paul Heyman (1)
Pedro Morales (1)
Raven (1)
Ric Flair (3)
Road Warriors (1)
Rob Van Dam (1)
Shane Douglas (1)
Shawn Michaels (1)
Steve Austin (1)
Steve Corino (1)
Sting (1)
Taz (1)
Ted Dibiase (1)
Terry Funk (1)
Tommy Dreamer (1)
Vader (1)
Verne Gagne (2)
Vince McMahon (2)

Send in those nominations. The more votes your favorite wrestler gets, the more likely they are to be in the Hall of Fame.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them in the thread, or PM me. If you have any suggestions or constructive criticisms, feel free to PM them to me. I hope we can finally get this thing off the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back