The PS3 is cooler than I realized

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
So, I was trying to download an update for my Madden 09 game, but could not. I searched online for why, and long story short, I had to disable my Media Server. I did that, and then thought "What the hell is Media Sharing Server"?

So, I looked it up. And I felt like an idiot I didn't know before. Basically, all the media files on my computer I can send across my private network and play on PS3 using Windows Media Player 11. I don't have to copy the files to my PS3 hard drive, just keep them on my computer. This is so cool. I have so many music files and videos on my computer, and now I can play them on my 61" HD TV.

The PS3 is cooler than I realized. Am I the only one who didn't know about this incredible feature? Are they are other cool features on the PS3 I should know about?

you can download movies from sites like google video right on your PS3 using the internet browser.

If you put a playstation 1 disc into your ps3 you can download some of the music off of it. ( but only from a few certain games )

I've heard (but never tried, so don't anybody else try this) you can install OS like windows XP and vista on your ps3, so you download all file types right on your ps3. (so you can download file types other then MP4 or MP3)

These aren't exactly incredible features, but they are nifty little things that can make your ps3 a little cooler

The 360 can do that too, and I didn't know about untill after like, 8 months lol.

Not really a cool feature but something I'd like with my 360.
You can buy a really big harddrive and connect it with your PS3, rip all of your blu-ray movies onto your pc, transfar them to your PS3 since it's your main dvd player, and never bother with the dvds anymore since its alot more convenient to just play a movie from your console. And it saves you the harddrive space from your pc :)

I have both, and you can do both with the 360 and the PS3. All of my theme songs for my create a wrestlers for SVR are on my laptop, and the 360 just streams them from there. The only problem is, sometimes my laptop gets a mind of it's own.

As I've said before, I think power for power and just raw potential, the PS3 blows the 360 out of the water, but 465 arcade games available to download on XBox Live is such a PS3 Killer.

Every day I read about some new nifty thing about the PS3. Grr, stupid government redundancy payments, hurry up so I can finally buy me one.

As I've said before, I think power for power and just raw potential, the PS3 blows the 360 out of the water, but 465 arcade games available to download on XBox Live is such a PS3 Killer.

That's not even up for debate, the PS3 was build with potential as their main focus. When it was release, it was horrible, but look at it now, it's actually getting decent with the updates it has gotten. Not much difference between a PS3 and a 360 now..

But being a hardcore gamer, Xbox live + So many more games + The controller + Gears of War etc etc, the choice is really a nobrainer for me. Although I might get a PS3 when I'm done with buying everything else, just for Metal Gear 4.

But yeah, the PS3 is the future, the 360 is the present. Going to be exciting to see what the new Xbox is going to be though.

And please Microsoft, don't call it the Xbox 720, that've be way too cheasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back