PS3 Games for the Casual Gamer?

ARLO

On A Break From Sig Requests
So I'm not big on video games. I do however own a PS3 and I've been looking to broaden my horizons. These are really the only games I play:

*UFC Undisputed 2010
*Smackdown! vs. RAW 2011
*GTA IV
*FIFA 11

So this list should give you some indication as to what I'm into. Sports games and free roaming stuff.
But I know there are other titles out there that a casual gamer like myself can get into.

SO WHAT GAMES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR ME?

Cod- call of duty. Depending on whether you have online or not this a great game. Even if you dont its great to play with mates split screen. If u dont have online avoid black ops, campaign and zombies r great but off line multiplayer ir dreadful. Modern warfare 2 is pure gold and cod 4 Modern warfare is great for beginners. Plus modern warfare 3 Is coming out in november, absolutely cant wait!

I have to agree, as a casual gamer myself, I get absolutely addicted to the Call Of Duty series. I'd recommend starting with Modern Warfare as well, it seemed to be a bit easier for a novice player like myself as Call Of Duty 4 was very difficult for me.

This is all assuming you have an online account as I know nothing about the story mode. I can't get into stories like these, but the online play is phenomenal.

Burnout Paradise

I too am a casual gamer, and Burnout is perfect for me. It's not too challenging, it's not an expensive game, but it's extremely fun. As you may know, Burnout is sort of like Need For Speed's rival. Personally, I like Burnout more because there are more things aesthetically pleasing - such as crashes. There are so many more things to do other than race. You could have to get to a certain point in a time limit, you could have to get to a certain point while avoiding cars that are trying to get you, or you can show off your skills in a Stunt Run. Burnout Paradise is a great game for a casual gamer.

Well, I have some obvious choices for you. Here..:

Red Dead Redemption: If you're into GTA, you'll definitely would want to get into RDR. It's the Game of the Year of 2010 and it already has plenty of DLC out for it. Get this game if you really want to experience a lengthy, great story and a beautiful setting.

Heavy Rain: Once again, if you're into a game with a great story with twists and shocks, this is it. But the story in this game is very deep and emotional, so it is like Soap Opera-ish type game but it's a masterpiece. PS Move support is also compatible with it.

God Of War Trilogy: There's the HD collection of the first two GOW games and God Of War III. If you're into hack and slash games, The God Of War franchise is #1 to go for. Almost every PS3 gamer owns these games, so you should try these out as well.

Resistance 1 and 2: For FPS games, Resistance 1 and 2 are good to try out. If you're into aliens invading earth-type games, I suggest Resistance. It's a cool game to play with a surround system and the games are also very affordable at this point too.

I hope this list was helpful enough because you wouldn't wanna hear me get into an in-depth discussion about good PS3 games.

Hey I thought I'd hold you guys up for a second.

As much as I'd like to try COD, I think I could only get into multiplayer.
But all my mates who are into it play on Xbox 360.
So thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think I'll spend $100 just to play it on my own.

Any more suggestions?

I only play cod for the multiplayer, gave the campaign a try but couldnt get into it. Multiplayer is perfect for both casual and regular gamers. Also red dead redemption isnt for every1 i tried it but wasnt my thing and i love gta! also try sims 3 if u hav a ps3 and maybe saints row two if u like gta its a pretty gud game.

I'll pick out "Multiplayer-Heavy" games for you this time. Here you go:

Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition - You can get into the single-player campaign, which gained much praise from gamers and critics for it's story and characters, or the Multiplayer, which I heard was fun to get into. And many PS3 gamers still play Uncharted, so you should be able to play multiplayer with gamers. Price: $30

Killzone 2/3: For a FPS, Killzone isn't that bad. The story and characters may not be the best to be honest and IMO, but the Multiplayer on both games is well done and fun. You choose what class you want to go for, unlock weapons, and use special abilities that help online. Price: $30/$60 respectively.

I only have 3 games, Bad Company 2, Black Ops, and Metal Gear Solid 4, so I don't know much.

If you're a shooting game person, then i definitely recommend Black Ops for you. It has lots of ranks to keep you busy, it's addicting, and you can freshen up the modes if you get bored of them. There are Wager Matches, Quickscoping, and Team Deathmatch. Go through this cycle and I promise you that you won't get bored of Black Ops.
The Campaign is REALLY good. Good storyline, good graphics, and about 8 hours of gameplay.

Bad Company 2 is pretty good, but there are only 4 modes so you will get bored of it quick. I play it once in a while just to use the awesome vehicles and destroy houses, but not as much as I used to.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is pretty good, but I am more of an Online person than a Campaign person. If you like storylines and cutscenes, then I would recommend MGS4.

I would recommend you look around on the PSN. They have some pretty good games for under 15 bucks. It looks like you are more into games that you can play a round or two fairly quickly, so try some of the Minis games. They range from a buck to 5 bucks and download pretty fast.

One games I would recommend specifically for your taste is Fat Princess. It is a cartoony take of 'capture the flag.' Only, the flag is a princess and you feed her cake to keep the other team from easily picking her up. There's also mayhem galore with the different jobs you can pick from. It is easy to figure out, has a scoreboard and does have different subjectives for each round. So, it's not like you have to play for hours before you get somewhere.

Or if you are boring like me and have a niece who doesn't think so, get Harvest Moon off the PSN. What's not to love about a dated farming game? haha

One game I've noticed no one mention yet is inFamous. Excellent story, decent free roaming, and fun gameplay. The game made a big splash when it came out and people are waiting for inFamous 2. Definately play this is you like free roaming games or just want to electrocute a bunch of people.

I've seen some people come in here just naming off good games, and not games that casual players tend to play.

At gamestop, I'm the associate that specializes in selling games to casual players. They tend to play games about sports, FPS, music, free roams or just about any game that'll give them a quick fix. RPGs are out of the question about 9/10 times.

You'd probably like BulletStorm. It's a FPS, and has a combo system. The dialogue is hysterical.

Another I suggest, even though it has RPG elements in it, is Borderlands. It's a fun game to get your hands on, and a new copy of the GOTY edition is only 20 bucks at GameStop.

Also there is WWE All-Stars, if you want a quick fix. It's definitely not a serious game.

I will say this though. The target audience for Sony is the hardcore player audience. They don't release much games for the casual fans. The 360 tends to sell more for casual players. Mostly because they can buy Halo, Gears, and COD and they'd be set for life.

Cod- call of duty. Depending on whether you have online or not this a great game. Even if you dont its great to play with mates split screen. If u dont have online avoid black ops, campaign and zombies r great but off line multiplayer ir dreadful. Modern warfare 2 is pure gold and cod 4 Modern warfare is great for beginners. Plus modern warfare 3 Is coming out in november, absolutely cant wait!

Yeah because COD is totally not like the 20 billion cookie cutter shooter games mass produced nowadays. *sarcasm*

For a casual gamer, and going off of YOUR list (and not trying to push my personal favorites) I would say that a good Free Roam game is Saints Row 2 or Saints Row the Third when it hits in December. It's a lot like GTA, only it's more entertaining. Think GTA San Andreas on a never ending spree of awesomeness.

For sports, I would say something like Madden and The Show if you like American Football and Baseball. If not then I don't know what to tell you.

Other games that are fun for casual gamers (even adults) are the Little Big Planet games and ModNation Racers. The fact that there's so much customization between the two franchises is enough to keep you playing a long time.

I can't give you much more info cause I rarely play my PS3 (cause well, I've been busy waiting on Gears 3 and Crisis 2 for the 360) but from what I've seen and played, those games are pretty awesome. You might also want to try looking into stuff like Red Faction Armageddon... it's really fun IMO and easy to get into.

Or you could play those crappy cookie cutter shooter games and pretend like they're actually fun... although if you MUST play a shooter, I suggest the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell games. The realism in the games are uncanny and incomparable. Also, Mortal Kombat is a great Fighting Series to invest in... if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back