Duke Nukem Delays
FIFA 11
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Fallout: New Vegas
Max Payne 3 Delays
BioShock 2
Dead Rising 2 Delays

Chosen by the people, for the people!

So many delays! It is actually amazing that any games actually made it out onto the shelves this year. In a somewhat disappointing year for game delays and underwhelming games, one of these nonsenses needs to take the cake for you but which is it?

Who takes home this prestigious award? You decide!

*Poll goes up tomorrow. In the event of a tie, written votes will sway the decision.

Bio-Shock 2 played like downloadable content for the last stage or two in Bio-Shock. It would've been great if it was actually marketed as DLC, but as a standalone title it was absolutely mediocre. Supposedly, the creator of the original Bio-Shock didn't return for the sequel (although he came back for Bio-Shock: Infinite). This is probably the biggest reason why Bio-Shock 2 was such a disappointment and why Bio-Shock: Infinite looks nothing short of amazing.

Dead Rising 2 being delayed like 4 times in a year gets my vote. I had been waiting 4 years for this game to come out and those delays really got me mad still DR2 ended up being a awesome game but it made me much more disapointed then the other stuff in the list.

I'm going to avoid the gaming delays as this happens so often, even if Max Payne 3 is one of them, but I'm going with Fallout: New Vegas. The amount of hype that people had regarding this game after Fallout 3's epic outing, just to see such a disappointment. The forum and my facebook homepage had nothing but disappointing views of the bugs and glitches, this was probably the game with the most hype that didn't deliver this year. So my vote goes to that.

Ok, im a fan of Fallout New Vegas, and i've almost finished it, and i havent had single bug or glitch, i find it an enjoyable and fun game, and interesting and the things you can do are good like gamble, modify weapons and join factions.

Game delays are nothing new, so I'm not convinced the award should go to a game simply for being late. The new motion-controlled hardware for the PS3 and the XBox360 are also too new to judge a disappointment yet (let's see holiday sales numbers before we make up our minds on that). Knocking Fallout for being made by Bethesda (thus being full of bugs) or Goldeneye for being made for the Wii (thus being a decent at best shooter by other console standards) seems pointless. I think Tdigs hit this one on the head with Bioshock 2. The first game was heralded as the next big thing in gaming. It was pushed on me quite heavily by my gaming industry friends, most of whom remembered System Shock. Bioshock 2 had it all for a big time release but fell on it's face quite quickly when people found that this wasn't a step forward for the series. Instead, Bioshock 2 was steps sideways and 2 steps backwards.

I don't if it is a disappointment, but I think the PS3 and XBox 360 trying to cash in on the Wii market seems kinda desperate. The Move itself is like 80 bucks and the Kinect is just as much as the Wii. For them to think that families would be willing to essentially pay for two consoles just to play the games.. I dunno man. There isn't any signature games for each thing. The Wii at least had Wii Sports to keep you busy until Twilight Princess and Mario came out. :p Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but most hardcore gamers aren't into those moving around games, like a majority of the Wii games.

Just seems like a flawed business model.

What more fitting vote for the Peter Molyneux award than the Peter Molyneux game? Both of the previous Fable games had issues, but at least Fable II attempted to correct some of them, namely how horribly broken and easily manipulated the morality system was. Both of them still had the problem they were depressingly easy and short. I hoped Fable III would change that. If nothing else, the setting being Enlightenment era instead of generic English fantasy land #567 was intriguing. I was reserved, but hopeful, about Fable III.

Then I learned that the conversation wheel was gone. You couldn't choose what emotions to use in conversations. Sure, it was extremely puerile to go into the middle of Bowerstone and do pelvic thrusts until everyone loved me, but it was humorous in a junior high sort of way. One of the most interesting aspects in the previous games was gone. The new touch mechanic felt tacked on. You didn't even level anymore. You just got followers for your revolution.

The story could have been an epic political plot about overthrowing the king, but nope. You just take over and have the option of living up to your, um, campaign promises or being a total dick. Do you want to save the school or turn it into a brothel? Really heavy stuff there.

Fable III could have been an easy GotY contender, but it ultimately feels hollow. Oh, and it's still really short and even easier. Peter lives up to the award's name here.

I never had expectations from Fable 3 so I didn't include that. I honestly had 0 expectations for any of the games on the list, but the closest is Fallout: New Vegas. I'm still a fan of the game, I'd like to get that out of the way now, but I wish it had been delayed. Either more content could've been added or more bugs and glitches removed, but what we got was a game that feels too similar to Fallout 3 for me. I still like it better than Fallout 3, but I still think a delay would've made this game better.

I was checking out the Kinect on YouTube and I think it's a failure, so far at least. Here's why:
  • The requirements to play on the Kinect accurately are ridiculous.
  • $150 for the Kinect is too expensive.
  • You can't use the main Xbox menu like it was hyped to be.
  • The packaging is dangerous for the Kinect
  • The stand clip is too expensive and too unreliable to use on flat screen TV's.
  • The games so far on the Kinect can speak for themselves
  • There's nothing about it right now that appeals to the most Hardcore player. It's mostly for the casual gamers.

So my pick for the biggest failure of 2010 has to go to the Kinect. After all the hype, anticipation, and development time, the Kinect has been a bust so far.

I voted for the Kinect here. So many people over at Microsoft were hyping it up, and calling it "revolutionary", and "the next big thing in gaming!" Before it even came out, people tested it at E3 and said it was abysmal. They said it was worse than the Eye-Toy. Microsoft didn't really test out Kinect. All they did was market the shit out of it, raise the price for it to $100, and hope that parents will buy it for their kids. However, there were all these reviewers who tried it out, and said that it was a complete waste of time, and money. Even the games that have been on it are horrible. So thats why the Kinect gets my vote here.

Duke Nukem has been delayed for ten years. Why would that be a disappointment now?

The Kinect and PSMove. To me the fact that after all the Wii bashing, they rip it off is just sad. But from a less biased point of view, the prices are just ridiculous at 99-150 bucks and so far, the games are just cheap gimmick games. Well, except for Little Big Planet. Come on. Paying 150 dollar in the holidays, for fucking Kinectimals?! I'd rather wait for the delayed games.

For me, it was certainly Bioshock 2. The first BioShock was all kinds of awesome and actually challenging. The second BioShock felt like dowmloadable content that was nowhere near the hype nor ratings it received, and paled in comparison in difficulty to the first Bioshock. It was far less complex compared to the original game, giving you more playing time and less time trying to understand what's actually going on in many parts of the game. Rapture felt less mysterious having played through it before, and the twists and turns from the first game were noticeably absent from the second game.The game had it's moments, but the ending fell flat as well compared to the original. Here's hoping the franchise can re-bound with the Infinite release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back