The Perfect Ladder Match

OffTheRopRope

Dark Match Winner
What would be the best ladder match you can think up, using any 8 current or past WWE/WWF wrestlers?

For me I would want Shelton Benjamin, MVP, both Hardy's, Sabu, Shawn Michaels, Edge and RVD.

Substitutes (not according to criteria): Superfly Jimmy Snuka & Ricky Steamboat, both mid-late 80's versions, Jushin Liger & The Great Muta, early 90's versions. X-Pac (not any WCW-days version of him though), New Jack, Sick Nick Mondo (cZw) and Shane McMahon, if only for 1-2 bat$hit crazy jumps/moves.

Mine would be...

Shawn Michaels VS Jeff Hardy VS Sabu VS Chris Jericho VS Rick Steamboat VS Mick Foley.

Foley being there for some sort of crazy and painful thing. =D

On a side note first off, why is there a sad smiley being used...... anyway.

Ok, I would have the following people in my perfect ladder match.

Jeff Hardy - Well obviously, the huge spots. Jeff's time to shine in a ladder match.

Shawn Michaels - Does some high spots as well, plus my fav. wrestling, so it is only fitting for him to be in my perfect ladder match.

Shelton - Same as Jeff, does same crazy crap high spot.

John Morrison - Also one of my fav., plus he is also a high- flyer. He did well at mania as well.

Mick Foley - More crazy high flying crap. Probably some death defying thing.

Chris Jericho - Just for the match, he seems like a good choice in general.

Matt Hardy - Not as big spots as Jeff, but still an interesting asset to the match.

Edge - I just feel like he should be there, good wrestler with some high spots.

Thats basically it for my choice.

CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Shelton Benjamin, Paul London, Jeff Hardy and Umaga.

CM Punk, Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels: Great all-rounders. Able to do great spots, but are great technical wrestlers and high-flyers.

Edge: Well known for Ladder/TLC matches, and his ability to produce some great spots in these matches. He's a good wrestler, and his Ultimate Opportunist gimmick will suit a Ladder Match and a lot of spots.

Shelton Benjamin: Great athlete, even though he's only used for spots now, and is perfect for a Ladder Match.

Paul London: Can do speed-oriented spots, such as running up a ladder (which is on another as a slope, like Shelton in the first MITB) and hitting a running 450 off the ladder.

Jeff Hardy: Same as Paul London, but his spots will mostly involve jumping off high stuff for no reason, like putting Edge through the ladder at WM23 for example.

Umaga: Umaga seems like he doesn't fit in a laddr match, but could easily be the guy who ends up soaring through the air the most. Imagine super-heavyweight Umaga hitting a 350-pound splash off the top of a ladder. Poor Paul London would be crushed.

I'd say London v Jeff v Rey Mysterio v Chris Jericho v Sabu v RVD v Edge v Kane

Each have proved themselves in a Ladder environment u got a couple of ECW guys who'll do all the dangerous stuff. Kane provides the power side of the match and can fly when he has to, and the others have the speed, agility and lack of common sense to try something jaw dropping and career shortening from the ladder.

good thread by the way. id say.....

Foley - hardcore legend would end up lifting the bar for crazy falls even higher.
Jeff Hardy - Crazy high spots. e.g WM 16
Edge - See jeff hardy.
Shane Mcmahon - INSANE high spot(s)

They would be by stunt monkeys the other 4 would comprise some good wrestlers who are entertaining and they would be -

HBK - innovator of ladder match.
The Rock - always provided entertainment
Stone Cold - see the rock
Kane( in attitude era with mask) - Provides some devastation

The perfect Ladder match isn't a MITB. How can you have a perfect match when that many spots are blown, because odds on when there's 6,7, 8 wrestlers in a match it's gonna happen more.

I am not a fan of multiple participant ladder matches, as I think with too many people they completely lose any psychology, and become total spot fests. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing every guy on Vince's green earth doing their respective finisher off of a ladder, but I'd rather see a memorable great match.

Recently, during his push and prior to his last suspension, I was really looking forward to a Post-Mainia feud between Hardy and HBK. After cashing in the MITB and winning the title sometime after Wrestlemainia, I was hoping for/fantasizing about a culminating ladder match at Summerslam for the WWE Championship. However, after hardy got suspended, I doubt we'll be seeing that.

Instead, I hope they do it with Jericho and HBK. Aside from his MITB performance at this past year's WM, I saw Jericho have a hell of a ladder match with RVD in Pittsburgh at Unforgiven 01. I see him and Shawn as capable of tearing the house down regardless, but I really want to see that match and preferably on a big PPV such as Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back