• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Complete First Round Results

Inoki actually tied with Punk? That's a shock.

Also, why did Orton go over Funk? The fuck, people?

You're going to have to understand why I don't give a shit about your righteous indignation over any of these wins.

You're going to have to understand why I don't give a shit about your righteous indignation over any of these wins.

I find it funny that you keep saying "you don't want to deal with FromTheBack", yet you seem to enjoy starting shit.

The Miz was that close to Windham?

The Miz?

I eagerly pray for the day that his push falters and the hype that he's Rock's second coming dies down.

Someone with power who's interested in subverting his push should get on that. A.S.A.P.

I find it funny that you keep saying "you don't want to deal with FromTheBack",

That's obviously me joking around. I'm not a keyboard warrior, and anyone who actually reads knows this.

yet you seem to enjoy starting shit.

You enjoy posting shit, so I guess we're even.

Cena's weird. He's a guy I liked, than hated, than respected but still disliked, than eventually grew to like, and now I consider myself a fan of the guy.

I think that's how it goes for everyone with Cena. I know that's how it worked for me.

I'm very upset that Orton beat Funk. Shocked? No, but definitely upset. Other than that I'm not too upset with any of the results in round one. Hopefully more good stuff in round two.

And with this round over, it's here I'm going to stir a little shit, by saying what was, unequivocally, the worst arguments of this entire first round of the tournament. I'll update this as we go into the tournament, and it's here I think I'll just let the post get mocked.

Gotta go with my man Samoa Joe here, mainly because he's the better in-ring competitor.

I guess this isn't a horrendous argument, but there's still plenty I don't like about it, either than it being one sentence. I don't need whole paragraphs, but this has to go somewhere, for a lack of effort.

Kayfabe: Owen Hart is not a nugget. Akiyama is...?

Performance: Owen Hart could run circles around most others during his time in the ring. This time included The Rock, Austin (Owen 3:16!), HHH, HBK, and Bret Hart. Akiyama could....?

Personal: Owen Hart will kick your leg out of your leg. Akiyama will....?

Owen Hart. Recognize Miracles.

I'm not sure what's worse; the fact the poster openly admitted to knowing nothing about Akiyama, or that Jose tried to get by on jokes alone, without citing any facts. I find it funny Owen only defeated two names on this list, and only one was in his prime. I like you DirtyJose, but this was just bad.

Randy Orton

Now, Im not going to bash Terry Funk or anything like that. I happen to like and respect Terry Funk. However, other than tearing his body up in countless hardcore matches, He really has never impressed me. Orton on the other hand is a true star. Multiple time World Champion, countless victories over HUGE stars. Foley, Trips, Cena, Rock, Hogan, Batista, and Taker. To be quit honest, Orton has by far been more impressive than Funk has ever been.

Again, Stinger, I get where you're coming from, but here's your problem.

1. Orton never beat Hogan, and only beat Rock in a Tag Team Match.

2. You admit to knowing nothing about Funk, by only citing matches after 1998. Just.... Just no. On so many levels.

To me, these two are just about equal in every single way, except that Wight was, in his prime, more athletic. This isn't going to come down to anything else, but who can last the longest, and I think Andre never had the best conditioning, largely because he never had his pituitary gland removed, while Wight did. Paul Wight has the stamina and the athleticism to bring something different to this match, and as a result he should get your vote.

You mean the same Andre that went sixty minutes on a regular occasion, Tasty? Come on, you know better than that.

Anyone who tried to argue Moolah over Hogan by saying he wouldn't hit a woman.

I need do nothing else but roll the film. What now, hoes?

[YOUTUBE]VxZVsVN8MiI[/YOUTUBE]

You mean the same Andre that went sixty minutes on a regular occasion, Tasty? Come on, you know better than that.

Don't know why I wrote stamina, or about them lasting longer. It's been a long week and I meant to discuss agility. Big Show has more agility, as demonstrated by the fact that he can do a moonsault and used to do dropkicks all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back