The Ohio State president doesn't feel BSU or TCU belong in the National title game

Well let's just look at what's really going to happen. LSU will get the nod over both BSU and TCU, they're one loss but look at what they've played.

North Carolina 18, Vandy, Mississippi State, West Virgina 22, Tennessee, 14 Florida, McNeese State, one loss to 4 Auburn, 6 Alabama, 51-0 Louisiana-Monroe, Mississippi, 12 Arkansas.

They're going over both little guys and probably deserve it.

Then it would make a complete mockery of a few years ago, when the word was that if you couldn't even play in your own conference title game (or win your own conference), you don't deserve a chance at the national title.

I don't remember when it was, but I certainly remember that argument. I guess that argument only applies when it's convenient, huh?

It wasn't my arguement, I just went with number 5 in the rankings and compared them to the 3 and 4 ranked teams.

And I'm just telling you it would further make joke of the process we have to select a national champion to have a team who is not even good enough to win their own conference play for the chance to be the best team in the country.

"Well, LSU, we know you're not the best team in your conference, but we think you're the best team in the country."

See how stupid that is?

LSU will lose to Arkansas, putting us somewhere around the Sugar Bowl (at worst, probably Cotton Bowl) and sending LSU on down the line. Considering Auburn has the SEC championship this year wrapped up and on a platter, I don't see arguing LSU over anyone in the conference whose name starts with an A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back