The [Official] South Park Thread

I don't watch South Park much but favorite character Eric Cartman.

I won't lie South Park to me seems low buget and is just a trainwreck of the show, No really definitive continuity. And thats a low even for sit coms.

Simpsons is my all-time favorite, and I believe they should pass the torch to Family Guy since that seems to be the most popular but I agree, Peter is a ripoff of Homer, and Family Guy gets pushed down people's throats.

You obviously are one of two things:

1. To young to grasp the concept of South Park and understand it's humor.
2. Have never watched the show and are just going based off looks.

South Park is superior to Family Guy in every conceivable way. Anybody that has watched the show knows this. You don't get such a huge fanbase and be on TV for 15 seasons by being a "trainwreck" of a show. South Park may be the most funny show of all time. There's a reason why South Park looks nearly identical to when it first started. It works and there is no reason to change it. Watch the show before making these comments please because Family Guy doesn't deserve to be compared to South Park.

Fizzy: I'll admit it I'm most likely Number 2 (Though I am young myself) but please don't accuse me of comparing Family Guy to South Park, and don't take osmeone else's opinion so seriousl. I never denied South Park's humor but the graphics of the show look low budget and by trainwreck I mena it's just a bunch of random wackyness, If you want to convince me why I shud watch this show, ur gonna have to persuade me, :)

I had mixed feelings about this week's episode. The organization Cartman was running was pretty conttoversial and I didn't find it funny. That's what's good about South Park though. They make fun of everything so someone is always offended but others find it funny. That aside.... The jokes about Slash not being real were hilarious and made up for the unfunny parts because it was so funny and random.

There's a reason why South Park looks nearly identical to when it first started. It works and there is no reason to change it.

I agree with your other points, but must disagree here depending on what exactly you are speaking of. I find that the early seasons of the show were almost entirely just the 4 boys in random situations around town.
These days every single episode is just making fun of something going in the world, some organization, etc. That's not to say they didn't do that early on as they've always made fun of religion and things, but it's really not the same as it was back then. It's evolved.

Still though, it's one of the best shows on television and more often than not it delivers. The short amount of time it takes for them to get an episode out makes it always up to date and one of the first shows to be able to make fun of various issues. This season started out slow I thought, but Cartman and Randy have saved the day in the last two episodes. Easily my two favorite characters on the show and they have delivered two hilarious episodes in a row now. This week seems to be about Butters have MPD so I am fully expecting another solid one

I wasn't talking about the content of the episodes. Just how the characters look nearly identical to the first season. They haven't changed the layout of the town or the look of anything which WF said it made the show look low budget. I disagree with him there and said what you quoted. You just misinterpreted what I said. The show has evolved, but the animation has been somewhat the same. If it ain't broke don't fix it applies to this.

I wasn't talking about the content of the episodes. Just how the characters look nearly identical to the first season. They haven't changed the layout of the town or the look of anything which WF said it made the show look low budget. I disagree with him there and said what you quoted. You just misinterpreted what I said. The show has evolved, but the animation has been somewhat the same. If it ain't broke don't fix it applies to this.

Gotcha, that's what I meant when I said if I understood you right. I agree that the look has hardly changed at all aside from just updated graphics for explosions, Mechastreishand, and things like that.

I agree here that it's worked for over 14 years now and is still quite good imo, so it shouldn't change those aspects anytime soon.

The latest Butters multiple personality episode was hilarious. I thought before the show aired that they might make Butters crazy since he wanted to bring destruction to South Park as Professor Chaos, but they made fun of the disorder. Butters being diagnosed with multiple personality disorder because he plays outside was great. Even better was that the doctor diagnosing Butters had the real disorder and was even Mr. Wong the City Wok guy.
Good episode. It sucks that the finale is coming soon.

I've heard last night's episode , the mid season finale, could be the last episode ever of South Park. The episode was pretty funny with Stan being diagnosed with negativity. All he saw was crap and crap coming out of people's mouths. It ended on kind of a down note since Stan's parents broke up and Stan moved away. I hope this is just the season finale and not the end of the show.

I've heard last night's episode , the mid season finale, could be the last episode ever of South Park. The episode was pretty funny with Stan being diagnosed with negativity. All he saw was crap and crap coming out of people's mouths. It ended on kind of a down note since Stan's parents broke up and Stan moved away. I hope this is just the season finale and not the end of the show.

That totally wasn't what I was expecting from a mid-season episode! I don't think I can remember a South Park episode being as emotional at the end as that one was. Glad they used the Stevie Nicks version of 'Landslide' for the montage after mentioning it earlier, ace song and fit the storyline pretty well.

I'm hoping Butters and Jimmy are tasked with cheering Stan up, they'd probably fail a lot but still be entertaining to the audience.

They still have 7 episodes left in their contract, bud. That was just the mid season finale, they'll be back in the Fall to finish the other half of the season. This is, however, the last season they have signed on to do as of right now, so it may very well be the end of South Park after they finish it out. As an avid fan, I'm a bit heartbroken, but I would love to see what else Matt & Trey are capable of.

As for the episode, I loved it. It had a very realistic storyline that they, in usual South Park fashion, twisted into ridiculousness. The jokes were good, lots of laughs, and the ending was tremendous. Watching it, I was really intrigued to see how they were going to resolve the problem but I never would have guessed that they would seemingly write Stan out of the show. Waiting to see how they follow up to this is going to kill me.

Haven't watched this week's much-talked about episode yet, saving that for later tonight. Plus I still had to watch last week's episode and did last night, and holy shit did I love it, probably one of the best episodes in a long time honestly. The whole crazy therapist driving Butters crazy and the big reveal at the end of him being the City Wok guy was fucking genius, I was in stitches pretty much from the start to the end of the episode. Butters-centric episodes always seem to rule, and this was no different.

I LOVED the most recent episode of South Park. This episode was filled with some good humor, but everything took a pretty serious turn towards the end. I kept waiting for a big swerve or punchline at the end of this episode, but it never came. The argument between Sharon and Randy didn't have a happy ending, and I was surprised to see them go with the separation. Stan was all alone, and the ending just felt so bittersweet.

The stuff with Stan was pretty fun to watch, and I thought his storyline was refreshing. Kyle usually plays the buzzkill role more often, but Stan was the guy who nobody wanted to be around. I also enjoyed the spoof movie trailers at the end. They were hilarious.

This episode left me wanting more, and I can't wait for South Park to return. Stan is seemingly all alone, it looks like Randy and Sharon have gone their separate ways, and what's up with Cartman and Kyle smiling at each other, as they played video games? Ugh, and to think I'm going to have to wait to see more. The suspense is already killing me!

Watched this last week's episode last night and while I did really like it, I have to say that I wasn't as "touched" with the ending as some it seems. It kind of just came out of nowhere and while I liked that it was something different, I didn't exactly tear up like some people did.

Just seems random as fuck that Stan's parents would suddenly get divorced. Unless, did Trey Parker's parents get divorced when he was a kid? Since Stan has always been the biographical character for him (while Matt is Kyle obviously) I'm wondering if maybe this divorce is like a symbolic ending to Stan's childhood (and thus, the show) just like it could have been for Trey when it happened to him.

Very interested to see where this goes. I liked last week's episode a LOT more though. That was a freaking classic.

I love, love, LOVE South Park!!

I remember turning down the TV in my room just so I could watch South Park :)

Personally my favorite characters are:
Randy (you have got to love Randy!)
Cartman (everyone loves him, don't lie, you know you do :) )
Kenny (don't ask why, I just really really like him)
Butters (It's Butters gotdammit!)

Favorite episodes:
Fat Camp
Fishsticks
Butters Bottom Bitch
You're Getting Old
You Have 0 Friends!
The Coon
Damn, I forgot the name of it, but its the one where High School Musical becomes the top thing in SP
The one where Timmy and Jimmy join the Crips gang :)
Craig vs. Tweek
Scott Tenorman Must Die

There are more, but those just come to mind :)

Watched this last week's episode last night and while I did really like it, I have to say that I wasn't as "touched" with the ending as some it seems. It kind of just came out of nowhere and while I liked that it was something different, I didn't exactly tear up like some people did.

Just seems random as fuck that Stan's parents would suddenly get divorced. Unless, did Trey Parker's parents get divorced when he was a kid? Since Stan has always been the biographical character for him (while Matt is Kyle obviously) I'm wondering if maybe this divorce is like a symbolic ending to Stan's childhood (and thus, the show) just like it could have been for Trey when it happened to him.

Very interested to see where this goes. I liked last week's episode a LOT more though. That was a freaking classic.

Even though I didn't watch this episode I've been reading around and this chance is most likely a metaphorical, satire, personfied way of Trey and Matt showing how they feel in the show in the form of the divorce.

Late to the party, I know, but I was a big fan of the latest episode of South Park. It was emotional, knowing that this could well be the beginning of the end. Both Matt & Trey have said they don't want to keep recycling the same jokes over and over and maybe they feel that, accompanied by the bizarre level of cynicism for the latest season, is what started to happen. I personally hope this isn't the end for South Park, but if it is, you know we're in for a tremendous last seven episodes. I personally thought it was good to see a more dramatic side of the series and to be honest; I shed a tear at the end.

Just seems random as fuck that Stan's parents would suddenly get divorced.

I didn't think it was all that random, really. I mean, think about it. How often do Randy & Sharon get into these big blowout fights? Randy always does something nutty and drives Sharon up the wall, it happens at least once every season. Realistically, it has to take a toll on their marriage. Hell, in Creme Freiche Sharon took off for a while and when she came back she said that she didn't want their marriage to fail. Sure it seemed that the quick "Old Fashioned" seemed to help them over the hump, but there were some seeds planted for a future break up if they wanted to go that route. I feel like an idiot analyzing fucking South Park in this way.

Unless, did Trey Parker's parents get divorced when he was a kid? Since Stan has always been the biographical character for him (while Matt is Kyle obviously) I'm wondering if maybe this divorce is like a symbolic ending to Stan's childhood (and thus, the show) just like it could have been for Trey when it happened to him.

You know, that's actually an interesting point. Stan's parents are in large part based off of Trey's, right down to the first names. I've heard the commentary on every episode of South Park and while Trey does mention his parents a lot, he has never said whether or not they're actually still together.

Though I happen to think that the whole thing was just a metaphor for the way they were feeling. They went from doing Book Of Mormon right into this season of South Park. A few years back they finished up Team America and went straight into the second half of the 8th Season of South Park with no break. In the commentary on that season they stressed how painful it was to complete and how the last episode (The Critter Christmas episode which fucking ruled) was made in like, 3 days due them being completely burnt out. If doing B.O.M. was half as stressful, than I'd understand why they were feeling the way Randy & Sharon were.

Word.

So I finally got a hold of the 14th season, completing my collection, and as I thought episode 201 was still edited just as it aired on Comedy Central. Not only was the episode edited, but the second half of the fucking commentary was as well so you don't really get any insight to how the whole thing went down which really sucks ass. I truly don't understand how after all this time, Comedy Central still felt it necessary to censor the episode. Other than that though, it was an awesome season and a great way to kill some time.

So since we're not going to get any new South Park for a few months, I'm going to just randomly discuss whatever episodes I catch for the time being. Right now, I'm watching Whale ****es which is a pretty damn funny episode. Easily a 3.5/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back