• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official LOLNCAA Thread

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
Because if TNA is inept to deserve a thread, the NCAA sure as hell is.

So, for those who don't know, Johnny Manziel is in some shit. The NCAA has always presented themselves as a showcase of the amateurs, and that by their rules, profit shouldn't be made off of the player.

That is, if you are the player. If you're the NCAA, then it's all fucking gravy.

Recently, Jay Bilas went on the fucking war path. And boy, did he find some pretty glaring hypocrisies, this one probably the most glaring.

The NCAA found enough wrongdoing with Reggie Bush to essentially strip the former USC star running back of his Heisman Trophy, force the school to vacate wins, and put the program on probation, but they have no problem selling autographed merchandise from the disgraced player.

We included this item in Tuesday’s post on Jay Bilas’ amazing takedown of the NCAA, but we figured it deserved its own post so nobody missed this hypocritical act.

As LBS tipster Joel shared with us, the NCAA official store is selling a Reggie Bush autographed 8×10 photo of the former Trojans star running away from the Oklahoma Sooners during USC’s 55-19 win at the 2005 Orange Bowl. They’re charging nearly $180 for it.

:lmao:

Given the NCAA's recent bungling of the Miami case, along with Penn State and Oregon, one has to wonder; what in the name of Ed Bannon do we have an NCAA before, and have they overstayed their welcome in the world?

I remember a couple years back there was a USC player who was ruled ineligible after he got a ride across campus in a gold cart so he wasn't late for class. The NCAA ruled that he was only given a ride due to his athlete status and that the person who gave him the ride wouldn't have given a ride to a normal student. So the NCAA ruled that he received "improper benefits" from said golf cart driver, and he was suspended by the school because of it.

I don't agree with guys being given cars or apartments or other things from boosters, but the guy got a damn ride. Give me a break.

If I were calling shots at one of these football powerhouse institutions that have faced and will likely again face NCAA-imposed punishment (Oregon, USC, Ohio State, Penn State, etc.) I'd be putting feelers out to the other football powerhouse schools about ditching the NCAA and conferences and starting fresh. Football drives the whole NCAA train. If enough major programs left, everyone would follow, and the new governing body could institute its own playoff and championship, and, more importantly in the current climate, its own rules on player payment.

EDIT:

Just read this, the NCAA is shutting down their jersey sales website:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9551518/ncaa-shuts-site-jersey-sales-says-hypocritical

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back