The NWA World Title: 2007

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The year that TNA lost the NWA off of its tail. The NWA title has been through a lot, but in TNA it was actually heavily promoted and became a big time title again. But after the agreement with TNA, it was left with very little in potential Champions. Since the day, only three people have won the title, including the current Champion the Blue Demon Jr.

The question I would like to ask now is now that the NWA title is ranked so lowly (After many WWE and TNA titles, should it have been retired after TNA gave it up? Instead of its best appearance on screen being in NWA, should the once famed belt have been retired in 2007?

Little fame will be given to the belt in this day and age. Now remember that the belt could always be brought out of retirement when the time was right. So should the belt have been deactivated until there was a better spotlight for it.

I think the main reason is it's not on tv or mentioned regularly. WWE and TNA have tv deals whivh promotes their belts, meaning people remember it, NWA doesn't have a tv deal meaning people don't remember it.

I personally think NWA did the worst move ever, on TNA they were getting recognised and the belt was seen as legitimate, but then they got to big for their boots and wanted more from the deal and TNA said no, so NWA threw a strop and took their belt back and haven't been heard of since in any capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back