NWA Championship Needed In TNA?

Also, the NWA title hasn't been relevent for decades. Only a very, very small minority of fans think it means anything more than whatever title your local indie fed has made up. TNA dropped it because the TNA name was bigger than the NWA name. Still is, even with some serious mismanagement of that belt beginning with Jeff Hardy's reign

You're officially the dumbest person on the face of the planet. The NWA World title is regarded by EVERY promoter as the original World title in wrestling and it also regarded by Vince himself as the most prestigious. Every World title around has come into existence because of the NWA title that you claim to be "irrelevant".

Funny how just because it's not in TNA or WWE that makes a title irrelevant. Especially when top promotions like New Japan, CMLL, and even ROH still cross promote with NWA and continue to show that it's just as important as it once was.

As for the topic at hand, I can understand what the OP is saying. The TNA title (well current one) looks likes utter shit... and to be honest it has almost little to no lineage to the NWA title and that's really kind of a slap to the face of people who have worn it and are in fact in TNA or NWA.

The NWA title is a relic, with no real prestige or value in the modern era. I'd bet my life the vast majority of the people who watch Impact Wrestling have never even heard of the NWA.

Back in 1993, watching WCW as a child, I didn't know what the NWA was, or why there was a NWA champion in WCW.

The current TNA title is much more prestigious then today's NWA title. No one of any importance has even held the thing since TNA dropped it.

Plus, personally I think the NWA title is pretty wimpy looking by modern standards. It's not much bigger than a cowboy's belt buckle. The big gold model was much more important looking.

You're officially the dumbest person on the face of the planet. The NWA World title is regarded by EVERY promoter as the original World title in wrestling and it also regarded by Vince himself as the most prestigious.

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement. If it's the most prestigious title on the planet why is it defended by nobodies at indy shows that only draw a couple hundred people? Does time change nothing for you?

You're officially the dumbest person on the face of the planet. The NWA World title is regarded by EVERY promoter as the original World title in wrestling and it also regarded by Vince himself as the most prestigious. Every World title around has come into existence because of the NWA title that you claim to be "irrelevant".

Funny how just because it's not in TNA or WWE that makes a title irrelevant. Especially when top promotions like New Japan, CMLL, and even ROH still cross promote with NWA and continue to show that it's just as important as it once was.

As for the topic at hand, I can understand what the OP is saying. The TNA title (well current one) looks likes utter shit... and to be honest it has almost little to no lineage to the NWA title and that's really kind of a slap to the face of people who have worn it and are in fact in TNA or NWA.

We all now NWA Title has history but right now in modern day, it's lost its prestige. Part of having prestige is keeping the prestige and not relying on the past. NWA has crowds of 200 peoples. Right now the title is just an Indie Belt.

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement. If it's the most prestigious title on the planet why is it defended by nobodies at indy shows that only draw a couple hundred people? Does time change nothing for you?

CMLL and New Japan are NOT nobodies, and they draw way more than hundreds of people. Just because something isn't popular in America, doesn't it mean it's dead. NWA is still as loved world wide as it's always been. The NWA World title is still regarded by countless others as the most legit world title.

TNA needs to be it's own company. Having the NWA Championship isn't going to allow TNA to be seen as their own company. You wouldn't see the belt in WWE. Why should TNA be any different? I'm not going to go into the whole "the NWA Championship lacks prestige" thing. It's obvious that it's not as important as it once was. But that argument isn't relevant. TNA needs to be doing things which are best them. Having another promotion's championship isn't in their best interests.

TNA needs to be it's own company. Having the NWA Championship isn't going to allow TNA to be seen as their own company. You wouldn't see the belt in WWE. Why should TNA be any different? I'm not going to go into the whole "the NWA Championship lacks prestige" thing. It's obvious that it's not as important as it once was. But that argument isn't relevant. TNA needs to be doing things which are best them. Having another promotion's championship isn't in their best interests.
I do agree with that but uhh ... isn't Randy Orton walking around with the WCW World Title around his waist these days?

CMLL and New Japan are NOT nobodies, and they draw way more than hundreds of people. Just because something isn't popular in America, doesn't it mean it's dead. NWA is still as loved world wide as it's always been. The NWA World title is still regarded by countless others as the most legit world title.

I dunno about that. Hair metal is still really popular overseas. That doesn't make Whitesnake the biggest band in the world.

I dunno about that. Hair metal is still really popular overseas. That doesn't make Whitesnake the biggest band in the world.

Maybe not, but that means WhiteSnake is still popular. As for the NWA title, its still a big deal around the world because of the many territories. In America with WWE dominating TV, TNA being the #2 promotion and ROH being the #3 promotion, the NWA is being labeled the weak link of pro-wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back