• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "New Look" Facebook.

Yup.
Hate is springing up about it & Facebook have decided you cannot use the word "Facebook" or any modifications of it when you create a Page now.

However, they allow "FB", so we have this;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wanting-FB-to-go-back-to-its-old-design/294978637185390

Wait ... has Vince bought them out?

On topic, yeah, it looks pretty gash. Still, Facebook is a necessity for me because me and my friends prefer it to actually picking up the phone to organise nights out.

I like the thing they added to the side bar that's like a kind of Twitter feed, though. That could be useful.

Meh, they change, I hate, I get over it, I like. Simples.

It takes getting used to, although it's like a puzzle trying to work out which feed is the ''most recent news'' one.

Google + has lost some major steam, it was supposed to be the next best thing, and now, barely anyone visits regularly. Oh, and Circles are shit. Squares are the way to go, ask rice krispies.

facebook.jpg

Yeah, it was bothersome for all of about 5 minutes. Then again, most anything is bothersome/annoying to me right now.

Is fucking ugly as fuck.

Who has it? Who hates it? Who LIKES it? (God forbid)

I just think it's a horrible, horrible layout and to be honest, that "ticker" thing is the most annoying thing in the world. Facebook hasn't had a decent or consistent design in a long time.

"Fucking ugly as fuck?"

God, I wish I was cool enough to just toss "fuck" into a sentence multiple times.

uh

Press the end key once and it'll skip past the top news to the latest news feed? You know, the shit that was there before? OH NO ONE BUTTON GODS

Close and reopen the tab so there is -NO- top news that have happened since your last visit (seeing as your last visit was 0.5 seconds ago), so you won't get spammed with people you don't care about?

Are you guys bitching just to bitch? What are you, smarks?

I got home from school yesterday and it was changed, I fuckin hated it. A friend told me that to revert back you just change your language to English (UK). I do that and it works. I'm a happy man. I wake up today. IT'S BACK TO THE SHIT NEW ONE! I use my Iphone fb. IT'S FUCKIN CHANGED TOO!

What the hell is so bad about it that everyone's so mad about? OH NOEZ A SIDEBAR SO TERRIBLE. Grow up.

Or you can always go use that Google Plus shit that everyone seems to be switching to.

I've already figured out how to tweak it so my Top News only comes from 3 places, it's actually -really- useful if you mark all the shit you don't want to see as Top News by clicking the blue triangle at the top left of posts, vice versa for what you do want to see

I signed on yesterday for some reason (don't even remember now). I didn't notice anything too dramatically different.

Then again, I quit being a regular Facebook user years ago, when they allowed people other than college students to join.

I signed on yesterday for some reason (don't even remember now). I didn't notice anything too dramatically different.

Then again, I quit being a regular Facebook user years ago, when they allowed people other than college students to join.

Fuckin. Elitist scum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back