• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random & Pointless Thoughts...A Waste Of Your Time

Барбоса;4451201 said:
From what I have seen, it is full of brash idiot characters and actors, who aren't half as funny as they (or the show) think they are.

It is certainly high on my list of "Critically Acclaimed Shows in America but Complete Shite to Everyone Else."

Well you're wrong, but you're entitled to your (wrong) opinion.

My flat mate is big into 30 Rock. He showed me a sack of shit an episode and then apologised saying "this isn't one of the good ones". So I gave up on it there.

My flat mate is big into 30 Rock. He showed me a sack of shit an episode and then apologised saying "this isn't one of the good ones". So I gave up on it there.

One of my friends has tried to do the same with me at least 5 times and still manages to pick an episode that "isn't one of the good ones." I vividly remember one of those attempts - I think there was some sort of party going on - being one of the worst half hours of television I have ever sat through.

Final Fantasy 4 is amazing. As a matter of fact FF 4 and Chrono Trigger are two of the few games that I can replay over and over and never get tired of them.

However, do you realize how epic of a game that Chrono Trigger was? Especially for it's time? With the alternate endings, the different storylines, and the ways to get different characters on your team? It was just an amazing and beautiful game.

Absolutely. Chrono Trigger was so, for lack of a better phrase, ahead its time. I have countless fond memories of it. The New Game Plus concept has been done to death in games nowadays but I do believe CT did it first. Still has nothing on FF4 though, it was epic beyond words for its time. ;)

Bioshock Infinite is probably one of the greatest games i have ever played. Everything works and if it weren't so violent then it's a game that could possibly be the perfect example that video games are in fact, art.

I have an unnecessarily huge amount of TV shows to watch this Summer. Between the anime Monster, comedies like It's Always Sunny & Arrested Development and shows like The Following and Breaking Bad i am unable to have a social life it seems.

Have you ever played Skyrim or the Mass Effect Trilogy? Those games are pretty great.

Skyrim is pretty shallow when you get down to it, all style, no substance. The world feels empty for the most part; dragon fights are tedious after a while, things such as the civil war could've and should've been much better. Combat is God awful too and is nothing more than hack, hack, hack. Compare the combat from Skyrim to the combat from Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls. Also the dynamic quests are nothing more than pointless fetch quests.

Mass Effect is fucking fantastic. Mass Effect 2 is also great but it's very clear that EA has taken control by that his point. Mass Effect 3 is EA and their greed come full force with a wanky end to the story that was undeniably rushed.

So, garage sales? I have no problem with them. One person’s junk is another person’s treasure. I get that. I’m not sure about buying clothes at a garage sale. I wouldn’t do it but some people do. That’s fine. What I really don’t get is socks at a garage sale. What’s the seller thinking? “These socks aren’t good enough for my stinky sweaty feet anymore but I bet somebody can get good use out of them and I can make a cool nickel.” And what about the buyer? Why would anyone want to wear some stranger’s old nasty socks? If your financial situation forces you to buy someone’s used socks then so be it. Good luck to you. But if you’re just a guy looking for a bargain go ahead and buy the old rusty lawn chair. Splurge for some fresh new footwear.

Why is it wrestling bookers don’t have a main event booked for half the shows. So often we seem some sort of squabble take place 20 minutes into a show which leads to a spontaneous main event. What did the booker have planned before that? What if one week everyone was minding their own business and following the rules. We would get to the end of the show and the booker would realize his card has come up short.

So many people love to defend the 2nd amendment with such passion. Those loyal patriots will say there is no wrong in the Constitution. They don’t seem to be as loyal when it comes to the 18th amendment. I guess that’s because of the 21st amendment. To me the 21st amendment just proves that the amendments are not written in stone and can be, get this, amended as society changes.

When Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank how did he get that poster back on the wall? That hole was awfully narrow. If he crawled in head first I don’t think he could have maneuvered himself around to reach back for that poster. Even if he could I think it would be very difficult to get it back up just right.

Skyrim is pretty shallow when you get down to it, all style, no substance. The world feels empty for the most part; dragon fights are tedious after a while, things such as the civil war could've and should've been much better. Combat is God awful too and is nothing more than hack, hack, hack. Compare the combat from Skyrim to the combat from Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls. Also the dynamic quests are nothing more than pointless fetch quests.

Your face is shallow.

Seriously though, I agree with you on some count, but couldn't disagree with you more on others. Yes, the combat is kind of repetitive and a good chunk of the missions are either fetch quests or just pains in the ass, but that's not what Skyrim is about. Skyrim is about adventure, exploration, and learning. My favorite memories of Skyrim involve learning about the history of the world your character inhabits and about the other inhabitants that have lived or still do live in it with you. The games you mentioned may have superior quests and superior combat, but when it comes to adventuring and learning about the lore of the universe, nothing touches the Elder Scroll series.

Mass Effect is fucking fantastic. Mass Effect 2 is also great but it's very clear that EA has taken control by that his point. Mass Effect 3 is EA and their greed come full force with a wanky end to the story that was undeniably rushed.

I thought the original Mass Effect was the weakest game in the series in just about every way unless you're REALLY into character customization. EA doesn't do everything right, but they did a great job with Mass Effect. I'm also a firm believe that anybody who thought the endings of Mass Effect 3 (the extended cuts anyway, I never saw the originals but I heard they sucked) were shitty just doesn't get the real philosophy behind the game.

When Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank how did he get that poster back on the wall? That hole was awfully narrow. If he crawled in head first I don’t think he could have maneuvered himself around to reach back for that poster. Even if he could I think it would be very difficult to get it back up just right.

Pretty sure that he never took it down off the wall. Just had it attached at the top, lifted it up when he was leaving and it fell back into place.

Барбоса;4453959 said:
Pretty sure that he never took it down off the wall. Just had it attached at the top, lifted it up when he was leaving and it fell back into place.

Of course! It's so obvious. Now I feel like a fool but I thank you for clearing that up. Although I think the stuff he had tied around his ankle would have caused the poster to fall after he crawled in. I'll accept your answer though.

Now I'm having a hard time picturing how much room he had in that tunnel. If he put that stuff in first would he have had room to tie it around his ankle after he crawled in? I'll have to assume so in order to move on with my life.

Why is it wrestling bookers don’t have a main event booked for half the shows. So often we seem some sort of squabble take place 20 minutes into a show which leads to a spontaneous main event. What did the booker have planned before that? What if one week everyone was minding their own business and following the rules. We would get to the end of the show and the booker would realize his card has come up short.

Or we might get an ending to a show on the level of the start of the Raw after the "walkout." Ya know, the one with HHH, Sheamus, Punk and Cena (I believe that's all of them) having to perform all duties from ref, to wrestler to announcer? "Can I wear your jacket?" Seriously one of the most fun openings ever.

Sometimes making stuff up on the fly is way more fun.

We all know you’re not supposed to feed a Mogwai after midnight, but when is it safe to feed them again? At what point does after midnight become before midnight? This is crucial information for Mogwai owners to have.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one to ponder this. I just came to the conclusion of sunrise. :shrug:

Sergio Garcia’s recent comments toward Tiger Woods have reminded me about something I’ve never really understood. Why do some white people use things like fried chicken and grape soda as a way to make fun of black people? I’ve heard some of my friends make these jokes as if it’s somehow low class to like these things yet I’ve seen these very same people eat fried chicken and drink grape soda. Who doesn’t like fried chicken? Grape soda is pretty awesome. Where’s the insult?

I find it interesting that if an authority figure in wrestling is not able to complete his sentence on television whatever he was going to say becomes irrelevant. A couple months ago Vince McMahon was about to fire Paul Heyman when Brock Lesnar interrupted before Vince could complete his sentence. Paul Heyman remains employed to this day. Couldn’t Vince have just called Heyman later in the week and let him go? If my boss ever calls me in and I have the feeling I’m about to be fired I know what I’m going to do. “We don’t think this is working out and I’m sorry but we’re going to have to…” Suddenly I kick my boss in the gut run out of the room and show up for work the next day anyway.

Is anyone else a little bothered when millionaire celebrities ask ordinary citizens for various charitable donations? I wouldn’t consider myself poor but I’m certainly not rich. I live within my means and have a little extra money for emergencies or entertainment. Could I donate some money and still be able to pay my bills without skipping any meals? Sure I could but not everybody can. There’s just something a little off putting when someone that earns more money in one month than I will see in my entire life asks me to open my wallet. I know most of these celebs do make their own donations but if you’re really concerned about it how about sacrificing your next $600 pair of sunglasses and making a little bit more of a donation instead of asking someone that needs every penny of their paycheck and then some to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Have you ever noticed that many Seinfeld plots would easily be solved if the show took place ten years later? Waiting for your friends at the movies, the parking garage, the Chinese restaurant, etc. all had plots that could have been resolved in seconds had they had the ability to text each other. These guys were often so stressed trying to find ways to communicate and now we live in a world where anyone can reach you many different ways at any time. Too bad the Seinfeld crew weren’t able to be in on a family plan together. Could have saved themselves a lot of aggravation.

Have you ever noticed that many Seinfeld plots would easily be solved if the show took place ten years later? Waiting for your friends at the movies, the parking garage, the Chinese restaurant, etc. all had plots that could have been resolved in seconds had they had the ability to text each other. These guys were often so stressed trying to find ways to communicate and now we live in a world where anyone can reach you many different ways at any time. Too bad the Seinfeld crew weren’t able to be in on a family plan together. Could have saved themselves a lot of aggravation.

There's actually a Twitter account that sort of solves this. I don't remember the handle, I just see people retweet it, but it tweets potential plotlines for Seinfeld episodes if they took place today.

Obviously you two haven't watched enough of it. There is literally zero reason not to love 30 Rock.

Though I do suppose that the jokes and humor of 30 Rock are thoroughly rooted in American society and life.

1) It tries too hard to be funny

2) Unless Tracy Morgan's doing Brian Fellows or Astronaut Jones, he's not funny and is the atypical black comedian

3) Unless Tina Fey is doing Weekend Update or stripping naked, she's not worth watching

4) Alec Baldwin's funny - just not on this show.

Does anyone know why Indians (dots not feathers) tend to travel in packs? Countless times at my work I’ve seen several Indians walk through the door together but only one of them had any business to tend to. While the one takes care of his business three or four others are just hanging out waiting. Why doesn’t the one just come and do what he needs to do on his own? I wouldn’t mention (or even have noticed) this if it happened a few times, but this happens all the time and has happened for years. Just curious.

I think failing to put your shopping cart in the cart corral at the grocery store should be punishable by a prison sentence. It can be a one day prison sentence but action must be taken so a lesson is learned. If you leave your cart in the middle of a parking space you’re a giant douche. It shows laziness and arrogance. What, you’re too good to walk fifteen feet to put your cart away? I’m sure we’ve all turned halfway into a parking space only to find a cart blocking our way. Pretty frustrating right? These people need to be stopped. And if you’re reading this and are guilty of this should be crime, well just fuck you.

I wonder if people that go out with the intention of getting drunk do so because they feel their normal personality is not good enough for basic social situations. I see no other reason to intentionally get drunk. It’s a shame they feel the need to alter their personality in order to fit in. Their reward is a big bar bill, some phony friends, and a nasty hangover with little to no memory of the “fun” they had the night before.

The NHL was founded in 1917. It wasn’t until 1959 that a goalie first wore a protective mask. That means it took 42 years before someone had the idea to protect their face from a hard rubber object being shot at them at 90 mph. Even then most players didn’t start wearing them for another ten or fifteen years. How could this possibly be? If I was in that position the first thing I would ask was how I was going to be protected. I guess those guys were manlier men than I am. They had the disfigured faces and toothless smiles to prove it.

Ok; something that always bugged me.

If you're playing pokemon, and toss a pokeball and don't catch something, why do you lose the ball? I mean, it's still there, it still exists. It's not like you just can't pick it up, that it disappeared into the ether. So why don't you ever get your pokeball back?

Ok; something that always bugged me.

If you're playing pokemon, and toss a pokeball and don't catch something, why do you lose the ball? I mean, it's still there, it still exists. It's not like you just can't pick it up, that it disappeared into the ether. So why don't you ever get your pokeball back?

Presumably it has some kind of one time only energy blast to pull the Pokemon in with.

This is one of those times where I am reminded of my age because Pokemon is definitely not from my childhood. I appreciate the post as the purpose of the thread is for random stuff like this that you've always wondered or thought about but doesn't really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back