The NBC 'Late Night War'

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Im talking about Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno. For those of you that don't know, On June 1st 2009, Conan O'Brien was promoted from hosting 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien' at a 12:35 am time slot to hosting, 'The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien' which has an 11:35 time slot. Due to the earlier time slot, more people watch his show. When Conan took over the tonight show, he was succeeding Jay Leno. NBC eventually moved Jay Leno to a prime-time time slot with his own show at 10:00 pm.

'The Jay Leno Show' was doing good money-wise, however it wasnt what NBC wanted ratings-wise. So, NBC announced that they would move Jay Leno BACK to his old 11:35 time slot. This would push Conan back to a 12:35am time slot, ultimately 'demoting' him. While leaving Conan's successor, Jimmy Fallon, starting his show at 1:35am. Conan announced on his twitter today that he would not host The Tonight Show if it was pushed back to a later time slot. He is furious that he was giving no advanced warning about this change. Conan does have the opportunity to jump to a different network such as FOX, or ABC.

I feel that Conan O'Brien is getting screwed by NBC. The Tonight Show is such a prestigious show, being on the air for decades. It would be a slap in the face to all of its fans, and past hosts such as Johnny Carson. I also feel that Conan should jump to another network that doesnt have a late night program, like FOX. I think that Conan shouldnt stay with the 'wreck' that is NBC late night.

What are your thoughts?

Man fuck Jay Leno. Conan's Tonight Show is 100x better than his ever was. So what's going to happen to Fallon? And Carson Daily? I wish Fox would come to Conan and give him a late night show on their network.

Quality wise, The Tonight Show with Conan is much better than Jay Leno’s show. I find Jay to be mildly entertaining and while I do understand why they’re making that decision, I still think it sucks. I love watching Conan but now I probably won’t be able to watch it that much anymore since I have to wake up early for school.

Also, Conan should be furious and I agree that it’s really disrespectful for them to decide to move back the time of The tonight Show. If I was in his position, I’d quit NBC and go to another network. He has worked his ass off for NBC for nearly two decades now, and this is how he gets treated?

I find the treatment of Conan to be ridiculous. So what if he’s not getting the ratings they want him to get? Give him some more time and see how it goes. When he was the host of the Late Night Show, the first three years were shit according to things I’ve read. Yet they allowed him to stay on the air and see if the show would improve. The show did improve and it started getting nominations for awards. Why can’t they allow for him to stay in the time slot he is in now for a while and see if ratings improve. Like I said, this whole ‘controversy’ is just ridiculous.

Conan said that he won't stay if the Tonight Show moves to 12:05, as he feels that would damage the franchise. So I'm guessing Conan will get a good chunk of cash from this and NBC will have to deal with Leno as the Tonight Show host and Conan will take some time off. I think he will end up at another network (Fox maybe). I love Conan, so I will be supporting whatever network he ends up with.

I will be so upset if Connan walks out, he is the best of the late night talk show hosts.

Jay Leno is just not funny at all, Jimmy Kimmel wasn't even funny trying to impersonate him, that's how boring Leno is.

Fuck Jay Leno.

I was never a big fan of his, other than watching the show occasionally to see "Headlines," which required little to no involvement from him. I was glad that Conan took over the Tonight Show, I have always been a huge of him, and his material. He deserved it.

Jay Leno gave up his spot on the show. And according to reports, he has "no problem" with moving back to his old time slot and pushing Conan to 12:05 AM. He should have at least stuck up for Conan and graciously left TV. He would have done us all a favor.

If Conan does leave the network, I have concerns about him heading to FOX. I think his material would have to involve more dick and fart jokes. :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back