The NBA's Most Underrated Player

WWEboy13

Dark Match Winner
Who do you think is the NBA's most underrated player?
For me it is Kevin Love. he currently leads the league in Rebounds and is averaging more than 20 points per game. He isn't getting as much as recognition as Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook e.g . Articles on him, all star votes.

Honorable Mention: Raymond Felton, Aaron Brooks, Monta Ellis and Eric Gordon

Personally, I'd go with Monta Ellis. K-Love is a good choice, the man is quietly putting up some outrageous stats, most notably in the rebound catagory, and his ability to drain the outside shot sets him apart from other 20-10 guys in the league.

But Monta is just gettin buckets, after following him all year I expected him to have quite a following, but nobody really seems to give a shit about him. It's kinda odd, he's lightning quick, he's extremely clutch (as he's proven these past couple of games), he can play above the rim, pretty good outside/midrange shooter.... Usually players like that are extremely popular.

Eric Gordon gets a mention here as well, a second year player who's already a top ten scorer, has major bounce, outside shot, pretty much everything you could ask for someone at the 2... I think once people realizes that yes, Blake Griffin is fucking incredible, they will also realize the Clippers other young guns, DeAndre Jordan and Eric Gordon.

I'm going to go with Kevin Love. But also I am going to go with Kevin Martin from the Rockets. Now he isn't putting up MVP numbers, but he is leading the Rockets in scoring, which is alot like being the smartest kid in remedial math, but he has always been a great player. Not too mention a nice guy, I met him when he was in Sacramento.

A guy who always comes to my mind that is continually underrated is Gerald Wallace. He has been the Bobcats only consistent bright spot since the franchise started in 2004. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, Wallace fills up the stat sheet on a nightly basis and can get it done on both ends of the court.

Eric Gordon. He is so overshadowed by Blake Griffin. Blake is a beast and rightfully deserves the attention he gets. But there was a game a couple weeks ago where Gordon scored over thirty and didn't even get a mention in the highlight. If Donald Sterling actually keeps this team together and doesn't do his usual destroying his franchise thing they could make a huge Oklahoma City type jump next season. With Gordon, Griffin, Jordan, Al-Aminu, Kaman, and Bledsoe this team has an unbelievable upside!

Kevin Love was underrated last year, but he's getting plenty of recognition now. He's always making Sportscenter or some of the shows like PTI. He's been a guest on numerous shows and podcasts. Also, I don't think I've seen or heard anything about the All-Star reserves that didn't mention his name. For a guy playing on one of the league's worst teams and not producing up Griffin-style highlight reels, that's about as good as it gets. There are better overall players like Danny Granger who don't get recognized nearly as much.

Here's a guy to consider... Andrea Bargnani. He's averaging over 20 ppg for the Raptors and is quietly one of the best centers in the league now. With all the talk about first-overall picks who don't deliver, this guy was a slow-starter who has finally blossomed. I think he'd better off becoming a Duncan/Gasol-type guy who plays power forward beside a defensive-minded center, but for what little there is to work with in Toronto right now he's developed into a great player. If I were Orlando I'd try and swing a deal for this guy.

Kevin Love isn't underrated, he's a borderline superstar at this point. Everybody knows about him. Bargnani isn't underrated either. He may be putting up decent numbers but is one of the worst defenders in the league

As for my choice, I'll go with Manu Ginobili. He isn't talked about much but is definitely one of the best players in the league, has won multiple titles, and currently is the top option on the best team in the league. He doesn't get any hype though.

Luis Scola. His range make him difficult to guard for a big man, and also has great skills with the ball to make difficult shots look easy. A reliable guy to give you double digits in scoring every game. He is the reason Houston didn't miss Yao Ming that much for the past few seasons. Could be tougher on defense though, if he can do that he will reach all-star level soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back