John Wall or Evan Turner

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
The NBA regular season is nearly over in the NBA Draft well happen in about 2 months. However we don't know how the draft order will go because the Draft Lottery won't happen until about a month from now. So with all the specualtion going on it seems that John Wall and Evan Turner will be the #1 and #2 pick for just about any team who has the #1 and #2 draft choice. Most will probably say without a doubt Wall will go first but I see a few teams that if they somehow get the #1 draft choice in the first round pick Turner. So what I have done since we don't no yet who will get the #1 pick in the draft is put all the Lottery teams that has a chance to get the #1 pick up and put the name of the guy I believe they would choose if they were to have the #1 pick.

New Jersey Nets-John Wall (After the horrible season the Nets had their willing to draft either man. But if had to choose it would be Wall, Turner is good and will make an immediate impact than Wall in their rookie season, but I believe Turner will be more of a secondtier guy, Wall on the other hand will be big for the Nets in the future and can change the franchise. And besides the Nets aren't going anywhere anytime soon so the won't need the immediate impact of Turner they will have alot of time to develop with guys like Wall, Williams, Lopez, Harris, Yi etc...)

Minnesota Timberwolves-Evan Turner (The T'Wolve's have Jonny Flynn and the rights to Ricky Rubio so I doubt if they would waste their pick on Wall or would they expecially after last year's draft, picking 3 PG in the first round, IDK this would be interesting.)

Golden State Warriors-Evan Turner (The Warriors have both Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis so I think most likley they would draft Turner. If this happen we can see the new version of Run TMC for those who don't know what i'm talking about Run TMC were apart of the Warriors in the early 90's who were (Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin). We could see a new Run TMC sort of (Turner, Monta, and Curry).

Washington Wizards-John Wall (With the Gilbert Arenas incident the Wizards will need a new PG and franchise changer once again that goes to Wall.)

Detroit Pistons-John Wall (Detroit is another team thats rebuilding and once again I'd go with the guy that I said will be a franchise changer in John Wall.)

Sacramento Kings-Evan Turner (Theirs no need for Wall when you have Tyreke Evans so I think theirs no question Turner would be thir choice.)

Philadelphia 76ers-John Wall (Philly has Iggy so their's no need for Turner and Holiday is finally catching on near the end of the season. Lou Williams is a good player but he's more of a SG than PG so if Philly were to get the #1 pick they should take Wall.)

Los Angeles Clippers-Evan Turner (Turner would be an excellent addition to the Clips with Kamen, BD, Gordan, and the retuning Blake Griffin. If they were to land #1 again and draft Turner I can definitely see them as Playoff contenders in the West.)

Utah Jazz-Evan Turner(If Boozer is to stay with Utah next season and their were to some who land the #1 pick their no question Turner would be drafted and I think he would be the missing piece of the puzzle to Utah.)

Indiana Pacers-John Wall (Danny Granger is good but he is a secondary player the Pacers need a franchise changer aswell and Wall would definatley be it.)

New Orleans Hornets-Evan Turner (The Hornets have both Paul and Collison, they have their SG of the future in Thornton but Peja's getting old and Turner could fill in for him.)

Milwaukee Bucks-Evan Turner (The Bucks have Jennings and Salmons so there's no need for Wall)

Houston Rockets-Evan Turner (As I Rockets fan I would be happy getting either player but with how great Brooks and Lowry have been playing theirs no doubt we would take Turner.)

Memphis Grizzlies-Undecided (This was kind of a tough one because theirs a chance Rudy Gay could leave Memphis this off season which would make it obvious for the Grizzlies to take Turner and Conley has actually improved alot over the last couple of season's. But if Gay is to stay I would say Wall.)

Reactions: gd
First I'd like to say that I do not like Evan Turner. He turns the ball over way too much and I really think he is going to be somewhat of a bust in the NBA.

New Jersey Nets-John Wall (After the horrible season the Nets had their willing to draft either man. But if had to choose it would be Wall, while Turner is good and will make an immediate impact than Wall in their rookie season, but I believe Turner will be more of a secondtier guy, Wall on the other hand will be big for the Nets in the future and can change the franchise. And besides the Nets aren't going anywhere anytime soon so the won't need the immediate impact of Turner they will have alot of time to develop with guys like Wall, Williams, Lopez, Harris, Yi etc...)

This I agree with. Harris will probably become trade bait if the Nets end up getting John Wall but obviously they have to go with the most talented player.

Minnesota Timberwolves-Evan Turner (The T'Wolve's have Jonny Flynn and the rights to Ricky Rubio so I doubt if they would waste their pick on Wall or would they expecially after last year's draft picking 3 PG in the first round, IDK this would be interesting.)

Again I agree. I hate Turner but the T'Wolves need a two guard.
Golden State Warriors-Evan Turner (The Warriors have both Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis so I think most likley they would draft Turner. If this happen we can see the new version
of Run TMC for those who don't know what i'm talking about Run TMC were are apart of the Warriors in the early 90's who were (Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin). We could see a new Run TMC sort of (Turner, Monta, and Curry).

I don't think so. Monta Ellis has been involved in trade talks already so I'd deal him and draft John Wall.

Washington Wizards-John Wall (With the Gilbert Arenas incident the Wizards will need a new PG and franchise changer once again that goes to Wall.)

Again I agree. They can just have Arenas play the two if he comes back.
Detroit Pistons-John Wall (Detroit is another team thats rebuilding and once again I'd go with the guy that I said will be a franchise changer in John Wall.)

I don't see Detroit taking Wall. They already have their point guard of the future in Rodney Stuckey plus they have a solid back up in Will Bynum. They need a big man so if they get number one their pick would be either Demarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors.
Sacramento Kings-Evan Turner (Theirs no need for Wall when you have Tyreke Evans so i think theirs no question Turner would be thir choice.)

Gotta disagree. If they take Turner then they will have the same problem as when they had Kevin martin with Evans. I'd say Sacramento would take Wall and then move Evans to two guard.

Philadelphia 76ers-John Wall (Philly has Iggy so their's no need for Turner and Holiday is finally catching on near the end of the season. Lou Williams is a good player but he's more of a SG than PG so if Philly were to get the #1 pick they should take Wall.)

Philly took their future point guard last year when they got Jrue Holiday so I see them going the Detroit route and picking up probably Cousins or maybe Favor.

Los Angeles Clippers-Evan Turner (Turner would be an excellent addition to the Clips with Kamen, BD, Gordan, and the retuning Blake Griffin. If they were to land #1 again and draft Turner I can definitely see them as Playoff contenders in the West.)

I agree. They'd take Turner and put him at the three.

Utah Jazz-(If Boozer is to stay with Utah next season and their were to some who land the #1 pick their no question Turner would be drafted and I think he would be the missing piece of the puzzle to Utah.)

No way they take Turner. They need a big whether Boozer stays or not. Again they go with most likely Cousins and maybe Favor.
Indiana Pacers-John Wall (Danny Granger is good but he is a secondary player the Pacers need a Franchise changer and Wall would definatley be it.)

I agree, Wall is a lock here.
New Orleans Hornets-Evan Turner (The Hornets have both Paul and Collison, they have their Sg of the future in Thornton but Peja's getting old and Turner could fill in for him.)

Again you are too quick to dismiss Cousins. They'd take him here.

Milwaukee Bucks-Evan Turner (The Bucks have Jennings and Salmons so there's no need for Wall)

The Bucks need another big along side Bogut. It'd be Cousins or Favor.
Houston Rockets-Evan Turner (As I Rockets fan I would be happy getting either player but with how great Brooks and Lowry have been playing theirs no doubt we would take Turner.)

The Rockets have Kevin Martin and Trevor Ariza, there is no way they take Turner. I like Aaron Brooks but he isn't a true point guard so Wall is a possibility. They also are in desperate need of another big with Yao's injury situation so they'd probably end up taking Cousins.
Memphis Grizzlies-Undecided (This was kind of a tough one because theirs a chance Rudy Gay could leave Memphis this off season which would make it obvious for the Grizzlies to take Turner and Conley has actually improved alot over the last couple of season's. But if Gay is to stay I would say Wall.)

This is tough because they have no glaring needs but I'd go with John Wall because Conley hasn't proven he is the point guard of the future.

First I'd like to say that I do not like Evan Turner. He turns the ball over way too much and I really think he is going to be somewhat of a bust in the NBA.

This I agree with. Harris will probably become trade bait if the Nets end up getting John Wall but obviously they have to go with the most talented player.

Again I agree. I hate Turner but the T'Wolves need a two guard.

I don't think so. Monta Ellis has been involved in trade talks already so I'd deal him and draft John Wall.

Again I agree. They can just have Arenas play the two if he comes back.

I don't see Detroit taking Wall. They already have their point guard of the future in Rodney Stuckey plus they have a solid back up in Will Bynum. They need a big man so if they get number one their pick would be either Demarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors.

Gotta disagree. If they take Turner then they will have the same problem as when they had Kevin martin with Evans. I'd say Sacramento would take Wall and then move Evans to two guard.

Philly took their future point guard last year when they got Jrue Holiday so I see them going the Detroit route and picking up probably Cousins or maybe Favor.

I agree. They'd take Turner and put him at the three.

No way they take Turner. They need a big whether Boozer stays or not. Again they go with most likely Cousins and maybe Favor.

I agree, Wall is a lock here.

Again you are too quick to dismiss Cousins. They'd take him here.

The Bucks need another big along side Bogut. It'd be Cousins or Favor.

The Rockets have Kevin Martin and Trevor Ariza, there is no way they take Turner. I like Aaron Brooks but he isn't a true point guard so Wall is a possibility. They also are in desperate need of another big with Yao's injury situation so they'd probably end up taking Cousins.

This is tough because they have no glaring needs but I'd go with John Wall because Conley hasn't proven he is the point guard of the future.

The reason's I haven't put Cousins and Favors in none of them is because I'm just talking about Wall and Turner seeing as these 2 will be the #1 and #2 picks. However I agree with some of the things you said like when you talked about Sacramento, Golden State, Detroit and New Orleans but the Jazz already have Millsap as a backup PF and Okur and I think they could get a C in the off season. As a Rockets fan I would perfer Turner because the Rockets want to win now and Ariza can come of the bench, however if their building for the future then they should take Wall, Milwuakee could use help at both the 3 and 4 so i kind of agree with you with them but I see my points aswell. And Conley's been improving for Memphis lately it took hima while but he's getting better.

The reason's I haven't put Cousins and Favors in none of them is because I'm just talking about Wall and Turner seeing as these 2 will be the #1 and #2 picks.

John Wall is a lock to be either one or two but Turner is not. He will most like go 3 or 4 at the latest but there are a lot of teams who will look at Cousins if they end up with the number one or two pick.

I've read all these team scenarios and as of right now, the teams that won't make the playoffs really don't have point guard issues. The only team that NEEDS a point guard would be Indiana or Memphis. And it's not conceivable to have Wall in Sacramento.

But to me, I'm not a fan of Evan Turner either. I think he's very overrated and will not pan out as good in the NBA. Wall has the chance to be special. He's an elite athlete already and as much of a lock to be a top pick as we've had in quite a while.

However there are teams that need a big man. The Nets are one of them. Putting Demarcus Cousins in there with Lopez, Harris, and other talent would make New Jersey watchable again. Same can be said of Cousins were to go to somewhere like Memphis, Minnesota, or maybe even the Golden State Warriors.

But to me, it seems that the sure thing would be Wall. He's an athlete and to be honest, you can work him either at the PG or SG spot. He's 6'4 so he could do the one and two if he had to. But don't be shocked if you see Wall and Cousins become the first college teammates in history to go 1 and 2 in the NBA Draft. With Turner falling to the Clippers, further cementing his fate as a bust.

But don't be shocked if you see Wall and Cousins become the first college teammates in history to go 1 and 2 in the NBA Draft. With Turner falling to the Clippers, further cementing his fate as a bust.

This is a very realistic scenario. The one team that would guarantee this NOT happening would be Minnesota. If they get the one or two pick then they will most likely go with Evan Turner. They already used two first round picks on point guards in Flynn and Rubio last year. Plus they have a lot of young bigs already with Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Ryan Hollins. The position they need the most is a two guard and Evan Turner will be the first 2/3 off the board.

This is a very realistic scenario. The one team that would guarantee this NOT happening would be Minnesota. If they get the one or two pick then they will most likely go with Evan Turner. They already used two first round picks on point guards in Flynn and Rubio last year. Plus they have a lot of young bigs already with Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Ryan Hollins. The position they need the most is a two guard and Evan Turner will be the first 2/3 off the board.

Hey now, its Minnesota and David Kahn you're talking about. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they took John Wall in the draft. Rubio is still over in Spain for awhile and shooting like 30% and Johnny Flynn hasn't been anything more than decent this year. Wall is definetly a possibility.

Personally, I think Wall is clearly the better player, but unlike others in this thread, I think Turner is very good as well, at least compared to who else is out there. Cousins is a head case and Favors is unproven, although I think he'll be very good someday.

As for the teams themselves:

Nets - Turner. Apparently they really like Harris at PG, so Turner would be the pick there.

Minnesota - As I said, David Kahn isn't the smartest exec. I could see Wall here.

Warriors - Curry and Ellis are both PGs, but mainly scorers. Turner should be the pick though.

Wizards - They are a complete mess of a franchise. They don't really have anything at the moment, except for a guy with a gun issue. Go for the best player, which is Wall.

Detroit - Stuckey's a PG, right? Depends on how much the Pistos like him. This could be Turner here.

Kings - Is Evans a PG or a SG? I've heard arguments for both sides. At this point, he seems to be doing well at the point, so Turner would be the pick.

Philly - Definetly Wall. They don't really have proven PG. Another mess of a team with the cap and all, they need a superstar.

Clippers - Whover they take, they're screwed. How long will they be keeping Baron? I think they'd go Turner, who'd promptly tear an ACL or something. Clippers curse.

Jazz - God, are the Knicks stupid. The Jazz would no doubt go Turner, considering they already have Williams and their wings are below average.

Indiana - Wall, they only have Granger and a bunch of white guys and no PG.

Hornets - They have 2 very good PGs, has to be Turner.

Bucks - Do they have someone else's pick? Wouldn't be Wall as they already have Jennings, who has been erratic at times but shown some flashes of brilliance.

Rockets - Down into teams who basically have no shot at #1 now, but let's have fun. Houston has Brooks, who thye seem to like. Guess they'd go Turner.

Memphis - It'd be Wall. They have 2 solid wing guys with Mayo and Gay, but I don't think Conley will hold up in the long run. Certainly isn't a better option than Wall.

I didn't take into account Favors, who I think is the best big guy out there, but there's definetly a possibility he's the #1 choice for some of these teams. Still think Wall and Turner are the consensu #1 and #2 overall players, but it all depends on need.

Turner turns the ball over because he tries to do too much. Not because he's a ball hog, it's because he's the best player on an average team. He makes his team so much better it isn't even funny. When you're 6'7 and playing the point in college there is something wrong.

Turner and Wall are both good, but if I want someone at the moment I am taking Turner. Why? Because Wall had the tendency to get a little crazy on a very gifted team. If Turner was in Kentucky they would have won a National Title.

I can't comment on who will be the number one pick because I don't know what team will have the number one pick. I don't believe Wall at number one is set in stone, especially if New Jersey doesn't get it.

New Jersey Nets-John Wall (After the horrible season the Nets had their willing to draft either man. But if had to choose it would be Wall, Turner is good and will make an immediate impact than Wall in their rookie season, but I believe Turner will be more of a secondtier guy, Wall on the other hand will be big for the Nets in the future and can change the franchise. And besides the Nets aren't going anywhere anytime soon so the won't need the immediate impact of Turner they will have alot of time to develop with guys like Wall, Williams, Lopez, Harris, Yi etc...)

John Wall, The Guy is the best player in the draft and as bad as the Nets are should take the best available player. They can always move Harris to SG if they wanna keep him.

Minnesota Timberwolves-Evan Turner (The T'Wolve's have Jonny Flynn and the rights to Ricky Rubio so I doubt if they would waste their pick on Wall or would they expecially after last year's draft, picking 3 PG in the first round, IDK this would be interesting.)

Evan Turner, I doubt the T-Wolves would take another PG and Turner is a scorer. You win games in the NBA by scoring points.

Golden State Warriors-Evan Turner (The Warriors have both Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis so I think most likley they would draft Turner. If this happen we can see the new version of Run TMC for those who don't know what i'm talking about Run TMC were apart of the Warriors in the early 90's who were (Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin). We could see a new Run TMC sort of (Turner, Monta, and Curry).

Evan Turner, He can play the three and the Warriors already have one of the best backcourts in the game with Ellis and Curry.

Reports are saying Arenas is staying so I'd go with Turner and replace Caron Butler.

Evan Turner again the Pistons are set with Rodney Stuckey as the heir apparent to Chauncey Billups and while they have Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince, Gordon comes off the bench so I'd go with Turner.

Sacramento Kings-Evan Turner (Theirs no need for Wall when you have Tyreke Evans so I think theirs no question Turner would be thir choice.)

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Utah Jazz-Evan Turner(If Boozer is to stay with Utah next season and their were to some who land the #1 pick their no question Turner would be drafted and I think he would be the missing piece of the puzzle to Utah.)

Of course they aren't gonna draft a PG when they have Deron Williams.

Indiana Pacers-John Wall (Danny Granger is good but he is a secondary player the Pacers need a franchise changer aswell and Wall would definatley be it.)

Indiana doesn't have a PG right now so Wall is the obvious choice.

New Orleans Hornets-Evan Turner (The Hornets have both Paul and Collison, they have their SG of the future in Thornton but Peja's getting old and Turner could fill in for him.)

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

I'd go with Wall as im not sure about Conley yet.

I'm still not exactly sure why everyone thinks it's either Wall or Turner as the guaranteed number one pick. There is more then one scenario where the pick could end up being a big man like Cousins or Favor. Yes Cousins is a head case and yes Favor is unproven but that hasn't stopped teams before from taking guys based on just talent and potential alone. The fact is that some teams biggest need is a big man and they aren't going to take Wall or Turner just because they may have the most talent. The only exception is the Nets. Although they already have Harris, I believe they are taking the best player on the board and that is John Wall.

Turner and Wall are both good, but if I want someone at the moment I am taking Turner. Why? Because Wall had the tendency to get a little crazy on a very gifted team. If Turner was in Kentucky they would have won a National Title.

I totally agree with Wall getting crazy with the ball. But Turner would NOT have put us over the top to win a National Title. We had size, speed, and when we could shoot, we did it well. Notice how good Turner was against Tennessee? Exactly, he was good, but when it counted, he couldn't get free to hit an open shot to win. Against Tennessee, a team we rolled by 30 pts. in the SEC Tourney.

I think Wall's not a given as the top pick, but is the safest due to him being a pure athlete with HUGE upside. He'll be either 19 or 20 when he's drafted. Sooo much potential there. Turner may have maxed out his potential and that's not bad, but Wall can be special. Turner would just blend in and maybe even be a bust due to him being the size he is. Too tall to be a SG, and too small to be a SF. In weight... not height.

New Jersey Nets - The Nets have a great piece for the future in Brooke Lopez, and Devin Harris was an all-star. They aren't as bad as their record would show. There have been whisperings that the Nets might want to move Harris, and I think it's the right decision. Move Harris to the 2, and draft John Wall to play the 1. Harris is more of a scoring guard, and John Wall is big enough to guard the other team's 2.

Minnesota Timberwolves - I have to agree that the Timberwolves would be left with no other option than Evan Turner. They have bigs in Love and Jefferson and they have Flynn and the rights to Rubio.

Golden State Warriors - I don't think the Warriors would ever pass on a guy like John Wall. Expect Monta to be moved if that happens.

Washington Wizards - John Wall could be the new face that this franchise in disarray needs desperately.

Detroit Pistons - Evan Turner, but it won't make a difference. Detroit just sucks.

Sacramento Kings - John Wall without question. Tyreke to the 2.

Philadelphia 76ers - John Wall

Los Angeles Clippers - Baron Davis is awful and the Clippers can't wait to get rid of him. No way they pass on John Wall. The Clippers are gonna call up LBJ and say, "Hey, wanna play with Blake Griffin and John 'MotherF'n" Wall?".

Utah Jazz - Cousins because Boozer will probably leave.

Indiana Pacers - They'll draft the best available white guy.

New Orleans Hornets - Evan Turner

Milwaukee Bucks - Cousins

Houston Rockets - John Wall can play the 1 and guard the 2. Brooks goes to the 2 and Martin to 3. Ariza to the bench.

Memphis Grizzlies - John Wall without a doubt.

Reactions: gd
Detroit Pistons - Evan Turner, but it won't make a difference. Detroit just sucks.

Won't make a difference? This is the first season the Pistons aren't going to make the playoffs in 9 years. They are rebuilding but Joe D knows what he's doing and they aren't going to be shitty for long. They are also going to take a big man because their roster is already filled with a bunch of 2's and 3's.
Philadelphia 76ers - John Wall

They drafted Jrue Holiday last year and he has played well as of late. They will most likely take a big man or maybe Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back