• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The National Debt

Which are you talking about? I was talking about the one done years ago, the one that gave americans a check. I was not talking that huge one after the crash, which in all honesty wasn't a successful as it was hyped to be. Of course I was more unhappy with how the money was spent, not the sum.

I'm talking about the one under Obama that gave federal funding for jobs, like internal improvement and shit like that.

Bush's solution was to send people money. The problem with this is most people didn't spend said money but put it in the bank.

That explains that. I don't think there's anything Bush did that really helped the economy.
By the looks of the value of the dollar..Yep, he sucked. To think we could have almost half the debt and a strong currency if Gore won...Well, the American people did choose Gore over Bush.

BTW, when I say half the debt I mean from the 2000 level.

The problem I have with Republicans is not their willingness to cut social programs, but their desire to cut social programs, while still maintaining the stance that corporations shouldn't have to pay taxes.

For example, General Electric profited $14.2 billion last year, $5.1 billion of which came from its US business. Know how much corporate income tax they payed? None. They profited $5.1 billion dollars in America, and did not pay a single penny into income tax. Where are the Republicans howling about that? How come they're not screaming for the 35% General Electric owes the country?

It's hypocrisy. Let the business enjoy a free ride, while making the lower class shoulder even more of the economic burden.

As soon as Republicans start arguing for tax reform which benefits people other than those who bribe them contribute to their campaigns, I take nothing they say seriously.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html

The problem I have with Republicans is not their willingness to cut social programs, but their desire to cut social programs, while still maintaining the stance that corporations shouldn't have to pay taxes.

For example, General Electric profited $14.2 billion last year, $5.1 billion of which came from its US business. Know how much corporate income tax they payed? None. They profited $5.1 billion dollars in America, and did not pay a single penny into income tax. Where are the Republicans howling about that? How come they're not screaming for the 35% General Electric owes the country?

It's hypocrisy. Let the business enjoy a free ride, while making the lower class shoulder even more of the economic burden.

As soon as Republicans start arguing for tax reform which benefits people other than those who bribe them contribute to their campaigns, I take nothing they say seriously.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html

It's because the GOP insists taxes are fine at the moment. The Ryan budget plan wants them cut even lower, I think dropping them about 10% lower than their current rates in some individual upper level brackets. Also they insist only businesses can create jobs. The reason these profits are so high is the companies aren't hiring new people.

I can't speak for every program on FNC, but Bill O'Reilly has been going nuts over GE not paying taxes. However, the guy hates GE, views them as a far-left operation, and takes every available opportunity to bury that particular company. Surprising to see him take on a corporation and/or taxes, but not when it's GE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back