• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

my ongoing Facebook conversation with the National Association for Gun Rights

I'd be open to mental health evaluations for gun ownership. It wouldn't solve everything but it's a good start.

If people were responsible with their guns things like Sandy Hook and Columbine would be less likely to happen. Would it phase out all school shootings? Certainly not but having easy access like the people in those events had certainly made it easier for them to carry out those attacks. Those guns should have never been in reach of those shooters.

Plus you hear/read so many stories about small children who get their hands on guns because they're left laying out. That's ridiculous.

A couple years ago my dad had some sort of mental breakdown. I'm not really sure of all the details but he was hospitalized and while he was there my step mom, aunt and uncle went to my dad and step mom's house and took all his guns out of the house and locked them up somewhere so he wouldn't have access to them. Because that was the responsible thing to do.

Background/mental health checks and responsibility would go a long way to help prevent people being shot.

As far as getting illegal guns I may not be able to get one on my own but I know some people that could probably get me one if I really wanted it.

That's fair enough but at the end of the day, it still kind of glosses over the insanity of so many guns even being slightly difficult to access. It's crazy.

Well, here we go again...
A man opened fire at a suburban home on Thursday, killing four of his children as well as two adults and then surrendered to the police following a three-hour stand-off in an incident that authorities say was triggered by a domestic dispute.
Two adults and three children were found dead at the crime scene in Spring. Another one died after being air-lifted to hospital. One teen survived the incident identified her father to authorities- warning that he planned to target her grandparents next. The gunman then led authorities on a chase, with nearly two dozen deputy constables' patrol cars following him.
Police did not identify the victims immediately. "Killed were two boys, ages 4 and 14; two girls, ages 7 and 9; a 39 year old man; and a 33 year old woman," said deputy Thomas Gilliland from Harris County. The man and his wife are estranged, and she lived out of state. All of the children were theirs. Two dead children were adopted, he said."
Found it at our daily newspaper; the web news report link is http://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/...ding-children-Police/articleshow/38112878.cms

Is this really about time that new rules are formulated in USA regarding getting license for guns? Should the process be made stricter (if thats the word) to filter out the posers from those who really need it? In a country where the police is among the most active in the world, should people not be able to cite "self-defence" as an easy excuse for trying to acquire a gun? Or should the courts make an example out of convicts like this guy here, so that lunatics shiver just at the thought of what awaits them when they are caught?

for the amount of legal guns owned in america there is actually a very very small percentage of them that are used in criminal acts. seriously its like 0.001%. your are more likely to get stabbed with a knife than get shot with a gun. there isn't a "gun issue" in america. its a social issue. too little attention to mental illness detection, prevention, and treatment. too many illegal guns and stupid *****s killing eachother for no reason. thats the real issue.

And what's the other 99.999% use of guns? Perfectly justified killing attempts? Yeah. No shit its a social issue. Local convenience stores sell guns and knifes. There's clearly nothing wrong with that though. Its not like we enable it by having this stuff being so convenient to get or anything.

While we're at it, lets also sell products that disrupt our nervous system or other products that cause cancer and propagate them as party activities. Like greedy, money over all else bastards.

Ah wait. We already do that.

there isn't a "gun issue" in america. its a social issue. too little attention to mental illness detection, prevention, and treatment. too many illegal guns and stupid *****s killing eachother for no reason. thats the real issue.

So its the illegal guns that kill people? Huh. Also pretty sure that not all of the people behind the trigger in gun related homicides are mentally ******ed black kids.

In fact I would say that a kid with down syndrome is more likely to shoot you with his imaginary finger laser that he is to mow you down with an uzi. How about all those inner city agoraphobic kids running the streets with AK's? A guy cant even go to the grocery store without running into one of those OCD gang members armed with a pistol and a bottle of Purell.

Taxi violence is a huge thing over here. Most of those firearms are illegal.

I'm not clued up when it comes to school shootings, or at least not THOSE kind of psycho-shootings. Again, gang violence is huge (illegal firearms, minors, etc.), but knives and rocks are the weapons of choice.

Psycho killers... Gang members...

Potayto, potahto...

And no, I know that a boy finding a gun that was lying around and shooting his buddy because that's what Punisher did is not the same as gang violence. Responsible gun control will prevent this type of thing happening.

But if you want to shoot somebody knowingly and want to acquire a firearm, the law can't stop that from happening.

I'm not clued up when it comes to school shootings, or at least not THOSE kind of psycho-shootings. Again, gang violence is huge (illegal firearms, minors, etc.), but knives and rocks are the weapons of choice.

Potayto, potahto...

What is "taxi violence"? Does that have something to do with District 9 and cat food?

What is "taxi violence"? Does that have something to do with District 9 and cat food?

Damn Prawns fucking everything up....

Potayto, potahto...

As for the weapons of choice that you mentioned, its just a game called 'Stabby Stabby & Duck' Guess there arent a whole lot of winners. Honestly though, knives and rocks are much cheaper than guns so it makes sense. A real gangster spends his paper on bitches & gold, not bullets & bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back