The Motor City Machine guns: who plays the foil?

Who will end the Motor City Machine Guns Title Reign?

• Beer Money

• Generation Me

• Team 3D

• Ink Inc.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
They've fought tooth and nail, in their own words, to become the TNA tag team champions. They finally defeated Beer Money to win the titles, and had an epic 5 match series against Roode and Storm that really defined what tag team wrestling is, at least in TNA. They've since had 2 successful title defenses against Generation Me, and a three way against InK Inc. and Gen Me.

To me, putting the belts on the Guns was one of the better moves TNA has made in a LONG time. They're strong on the mic, phenomenal in the ring. They've shown the ability to have good to great matches with anyone they step into the ring with, whether they be established, or up and comers.

That being said, all good things have to come to an end somehow. The Guns won't hold the belts forever, obviously, but i do feel they're in line for a long title reign. But the questions are.....

1. Who will end the "first" title reign of the MCMG's?
2. How do you see it being booked, or how would you book it?

I've got to go with Generation Me. They are basically like the Guns except heels and can also work in the ring and on the mic. Although I would like for them to win, just not in the next months, I would like for GenMe to be TNA tag team champs.

It could be hard to pull off since whenever these two teams meet, MCMG always comes out on top but I'm still sticking to my choice for Generation Me to be the Motor City Machine Guns' next foil.

I said Generation me because they are quickly rising in the tag division and putting a belt around them would really elevate them. I still hope the guns hold the belts until the new year

To be honest to me they are currently the only smart choice at the moment, Ink inc. has done anything to deserve it and I haven't seen Beer Money in the ring for a long time outside of fortune. Team 3D is retiring soon so it would be a waste of a reign.

For me I think it should be Beer Money comes out of nowhere like at Final Resolution. I hate to see them win the titles again but as a fan I think they should be the team to do it. Here's why Team 3D is done after Turning Point no matter what. I got a feeling that Generation Me will or should interfer or come out after the match to attack the Motor City Machine Guns it makes since. Unless from now until November 7, 2010 at the next Impact taping which is November 4, 2010; not sure if this show been done or not.?* If so ok but if not then somehow another teams beats them for the title right before the PPV. Anything can happen or even at house show. Hopefully it won't.! Back on track Generation Me attacks the Guns once another title shot at Final Resolution to end the feud but Beer Moneny also demands a title shot as well. Either Generation Me vs Beer Moneny to see who faces the Guns next or Triple Threat match takes place or even add another team like Ink Inc..

The thing is what I prefer the triple threat or fatal fourway is that I don't think Generation Me or any person or team that hasn't paid their dudes should win the titles just yet. Especially since it tooks the GUns what two or four years as a team to finally win the titles then a new team out of nowhere beats them. I know it happens before but then like the next show or ppv that person or team ends up losing the title back to that person or team. Example Jeff Hardy beats Triple H on Smackdown for the IC Title next on Raw same match but Triple H wins the title. It happens a lot for the WWE/World Title as well. Another is when the Hardyz beat APA in quick match then what happen thats right APA gets their title match. I really don't like when title switch hands so quickly and rapidly. I know theirs tons of an examples but for some odd reason these two came to my mind first.

All I am saying is that Beer Money should beat the guns when the time is right or if the Generation Me does win the title it need to be at least GREAT clean match not nothing cheesey or quick pinfall. I know they are heels which is fine but at least make it so the guns don't look weak in the process thats all.

Of course I was about to say maybe some other team but the only ones I can really think it would be ok is Shane Helms and Shannon Moore or even Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Even these two teams don't deserve to win this title if or when they show up. Ink Inc. still need to win or compete in more matches as a team before I can consider them a chance of winning as well.

Why not Beer Money to help the Immortal-Fortune to have every title in one stable except few that shouldn't be apart of the stable like Knockout Titles or the X Division Title. It just makes since that the title should be with the most powerful team to help establish the Immortal-Fortune as a threat.

Of course that's just me. Also another scenerio is that Generation Me does win the title then Beer Money beats them. Which again I would be happy with that as long as the Guns stay in the title picture some how.

I'm probably way off, but I got a gut feeling AJ and Kaz will get the tag titles in a triple threat between them, the guns, and beer money. This will cause Beer money to get jealous and lead to a feud within fortune, but I don't see this happening for a while so maybe someone else gets them before this happens.

Gen Me. In a way I look at these types of matches (Like 3-D vs Guns a year ago) that are like Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson against the Rockers. The established dominant tag team in the sport working with the young kids and continually beating them, allowing the young team to learn before finally allowing the young guys to get over.

TNA seems to be treating the Gen Me/Guns rivalry like that and I think in the end Gen Me will get the belts for a while.

3D.
this is what I would like to see. 3D with or without help from Immortal will beat MCMG. 3D will join Immortal. they can say they lied about retiring. fans will hate. 3D can say they have done it all and now it's all about the money. same reason Hardy turned heel. makes sense for Immortal to want to go after tag team belts to have even more power.
eventually things will lead to Fortune and Immortal no longer together, creating feuds between 3D, Beer Money, and MCMG.
Generation Me and Ink Ink need more work. I would rank Ink Ink higher than GenMe. what has Generation Me done? they need to hit the gym and improve on their image. at least Ink Ink has a great look. Ink Ink has not been working together for that long, so they can continue work together and their push will come in the future.
I think GenMe got recent chance against MCMG mostly because there weren't many other options. Beer Money were involved with Fortune feuding with EV2.0. 3D wasn't wrestling. it was either GenMe or Ink Ink, and Ink Ink hadn't been together that long. GenMe can wrestle, but they're look is weak and they need work on the mic. there's more to making champions than wrestling ability. are general fans going to tune into watch Generation Me?

I think it would be nice for TNA to add even more depth in the tag team division. there is also Eric Young and Orlando Jordan. they are more comical than serious contenders. I'm not sure what the future is for Desmond Wolfe, but he was teaming with Magnus there for a bit.

Team 3D will win the titles from them in the last match in their careers, but after team 3D retires, MCMG will regain the titles and will then lose to the newest tag team that will show up which i believe will be the hardy boyz.

I voted for Gen Me but now that I think about it, Team 3D is gonna pull it off and say that the only reason they called it a retirement match was so they could get a title shot. That would be a great swerve.

I'm going with Beer Money. They are a part of a growing stable. Part of a growing stable is winning titles. And with AJ currently holding the TNA World TV title and just that, Fourtune could use some more gold. So I 'm guessing that soon enough Beer Money will challenge The Guns again. Maybe at Final Resolution or maybe prolong the feud again until maybe January's Genesis.

i voted "other" because there was no option for the Hardy Boyz. i think that this will be the team to take the titles off of MCMG. everyone always compares the two anyway. and it makes sense, especially with the incredible likelihood that Matt joins Jeff in TNA as soon as his 90 days is up.

plus, most would admit, if they were truly honest, that the best times to watch Matt in the ring is when he is in there with Jeff.

my guess is that MCMG will hold the belts for another 3 months, giving them a nice long reign. maybe even hold it for a month or two after Matt debuts so that MCMG and Hardy Boyz can build up to a huge match at a huge PPV.

i'm thinking something like a tag team ladder match or ultimate x match for the titles. seems pretty possible to me.

If Generation Me wins the belts before the end of the year, I think it would be another example of bad booking. How long have the MCMG's been together now? How long did they have to wait until they finally won the tag team belts? And despite a bare-bones tag team division and two belts that don't mean nearly as much as they should, when the MCMG's won the belts, now the fans are just eating them up. It maybe proves that if you build a team up the right way, you can still get the desired reaction, that old formulas will still work.

But GenMe has only been around a couple of months. MCMG's had to wait forever to win those belts, and they were already established before they were a team. Give GenMe the belts right away, and what does the MCMG's long journey to the top mean? Nearly not as much.

I think the MCMG's should hold the straps for a long while.

I think it should and will be Beer Money to help the Immortals get more of the TNA titles under there control.

I don’t see the Gunns losing the belts for a while but if it happens then it will probably be to Beer Money. I see Bishoff booking them to win the tag titles and Kaz to have the X division title so this way Immortal can have all the belts (that typical overworked storyline where the heals have all the gold).
One thing that bugs me is that the Gunns aren’t involved in the immortal storyline. It would be refreshing to see them get involved instead of the old EV2 guys or the individuals who don’t want to wkr together, Pope, Joe, Angle, etc.

If I had to choose, I would say Beer Money, mainly because the 2 teams fought some epic battles and earn the right to be the tag champs. (again)

more then likely it will be Gen Me, since they are getting so much heat these days.
I doubt it will be ink inc, they just arent ready. Team 3D i dont want to see win it, because they just arent what the tag title scene needs right now.

for whoever said the Hardys, I hope that doesnt happen, Jeff has the world title, and Matt really needs to get back into shape before they even think about giving him a belt.

AJ and Kaz, good idea, but AJ has the TV title right now, he doesnt need to have 2 belts. unless he drops the TV title beforehand.

I'm going to go with Beer Money they are apart of a Huge Faction Immortal and they want to Dominate and what better way to do that then hold all titles. I would love to see another Beer Money and MCMG feud with Beer Money coming out the winner at Genesis.

for whoever said the Hardys, I hope that doesnt happen, Jeff has the world title, and Matt really needs to get back into shape before they even think about giving him a belt.

i was one of two people (so far) that suggested the Hardy Boyz. so i'll defend my point / answer your question / discuss with you in response here.

i agree with you and also hope that this doesn't happen. however, as has been evidenced in recent past with all of wrestling (TNA & WWE), my hopes are not often realized on screen.

the Hardy Boyz looks very much like Russo-booking to me. this has all the makings of being a very possible outcome and for the following reasons:

1. everyone compares MCMG to the Hardy Boyz and i've seen more than one thread with more than one person that wants to see this match. kinda like the "passing of the torch" from one of the greatest tag teams of the past to one of the greatest of the present and future.

2. tag team ladder match or tag team ultimate x match for the titles would be very reminiscent of the E&C and Hardy Boyz first ever tag team ladder match. that's got Russo written all over it. re-use an old story line. although, in this case, it actually would be a not-so-terrible match and so i'd be okay with it.

3. a MCMG and Hardy Boyz feud would make the most sense if Jeff wasn't world champ. that means that there would either be a new champion from the opposing force opposite the Immortals, or more appropriately given Russo's nature, a swerve to get the title off Hardy. who knows? maybe Hulk will win the belt after a certain fingerpoke...?

4. if the Hardy Boyz did win the titles, it wouldn't look so terrible for the MCMG. they'd be losing to one of the greatest (again, in the past) tag teams of all time with tons of history and experience together. so they don't look bad in defeat.

5. if the Hardy Boyz did win the titles, eventually they would lose them. they might even split up and feud. this way, in another classic Russo fashion, we could relive the Matt and Jeff feud of just a few years ago. then again, i'm not sure that i'd be opposed to that because i enjoyed their feud in WWE and it might be better if done (rightly, of course) in TNA. it, at least, has the potential to be a good, albeit, recycled feud.

so those are my reasons why i picked the Hardy Boyz. not necessarily because that's what i want or hope for, but because that is the way that Russo has been known to write and book.

Personally although this is a side point I thinkthat MCMG are going to be tag champs for a very long time in this current run, I think that they will hold the belts for at least another half a year. Therefore seen as the landscape by then will have altered it's hard to say who will be champs. Personally I think they have been putting a fair bit of eefort into generation ME making me believe they may well be the team to displace motor city.

But if desmond wolfe returns and london brawling get back on track, I would put my money on london brawling, both of those guys (especially wolfe) have what it takes to be a top heel tag team the likes fo which hasn't been seen in WWE since legcay and in TNA since.. don't know really. The reason I say this is because generation ME are about as intimidating as being pummeled with a pillow. Don't mistake me though, in the ring they'll kick your ass, but when they talk I wonder how 10-years olds were cleared to be pro-wrestlers.

It isn't going to be beer money this time is TNA has got it's head screwed on properly, they already lost to MCMG in the best of five and the PPV before that, it wouldn't figure. It won't be kovlov and santino.. sorry! I mean eric young and orlando jordan (easily confused) and ink inc are a filler tag team, they don't reallr offer anything good to the division except obvious being pretty agile, high-flying wrestlers. They won't be champs for years if they're even still together, they are terribly mundane.

If I had to list the top three teams I'd say:-
- Generation ME
- London Brawling
- Hardy Boyz, I can see this happeneing potentially but not in reality. I think they are bringing matt in to fight against jeff not to become part of immortal and if he does join up with jeff it won't be until MCMG have already lost the belts.

TNA could make the same mistake as WWE snd piss on they're own tag divison by giving it to guys who won't defend the title often, and when they6 do they will win just to further main event storyline purposes. TNA could easily do this same thing with the hardy boyz, they wouldn't lose until immortal disbanded or a lot of steam was pent up behing MCMG.

Just an example of another main event tag team. POWER TRIP - HHH and austin didn't lose the belts until chris jericho and benoit came around, not a small time tag team. I think it would be a mistake to give them the belts yet when jeff is involved in a more important storyline, and tag team belts both confuse the story and hurt the currently very strong division.

I think that Gen Me could have a shot, but I don't think there's a clean way to book that at this point; I feel that it would have to be a cheap win for it to be believable, and to maintain heat.

Depending on how long the Immortals/Fortune last, Beer Money winning it could help establish the "dominance" of that faction, but I think that ship has sailed. Still, that wouldn't necessarily be the reason they could win it, but as far as the faction dominance is concerned, with 3D's title shot in the way, Beer Money would have to win it that Thursday (assuming 3D doesn't win) for it to help that dominance without the faction lasting too long and getting stale.

3D is a possibility, but I don't think that it will happen. What could happen, however, is 3D winning it, retiring and thus vacating the belts, then Beer Money wins it for Immortal.

Ultimately, however, I see Gen Me being the one that will beat them, and it's going to take a cheap win to do it since MCMG have been beating them cleanly for a while.

Beer Money is the most logical choice here. Ink Inc. and GenMe are never going to be as popular as the Machine Guns or Beer Money. There is no need for Team 3D to become 22.. 23? time tag team champions. 3D is either going to retire or go the singles route so they shouldn't be the ones to defeat the Guns. Beer Money is apart of a growing stable that desperately needs wins and titles. Beer Money as tag team champions should happen so we can see some more epic matches between BM and MCMG.

Team 3D. Motor City Machine Gun do not to defeat them. 3D & other people out there say if MCMG defeat them that it would put em over big time cause they ended 3D's career, no it wont cause they already have defeated them, they're already over and they're Tag Champs which is as over can get. If this were taking place in WWE though, it would get more recognition for MCMG & get them over more I guess cause half the world dont even know TNA exists or dont watch it but unfortunately it isnt. I think Team 3D retiring as 24 time Tag Champs would be a good way for them to go out, so I'm hoping 3D take the title off them. Tenay & Taz on Impact can then announce that 3D have vacated the titles and TNA hold a Tag Team Title tournament for the belts. Frankly I would like to see a tournament since TNA have done so many single tournaments within the last 2 years and this way all the tag teams in the self proclaimed "greatest tag team division today" get used instead of taking a backseat like they mostly do every show. I would like for Generation Me to win the tournament & belts of course, they deserve it after their 5 star masterpieces with MCMG and being heel has shown more character out of them than when they were face.

I have to admit I'm very surprised to see Generation Me with currently 9 votes. IMO this team is way off from winning the titles. as someone mentioned look how long before MCMG finally won the belts.
Ink Ink has not been together very long either, but at least they have an image that general fans could find interesting. maybe it's just me, but I find GenMe look boring.
I think too many people put too much emphasis on in ring wrestling. in ring wrestling is just a little bit of what makes a good wrestler. IMO you can be average in the ring but have a good look/good on the mic and still be a good wrestler, but if your great in the ring with weak look/weak on the mic your just not going to go far. there are a lot more general fans than hard core fans, and it's the general fans that you need to bring in more.
I don't think your going to increase interest by putting the titles around GenMe anytime soon.

I do not see Beer Money as likely to take the belts off MCMG. It just does not fit after they had that great series which IMO has only been heightened by the fact that was it. That was their chance and they lost so they are out. Coming back and randomly winning the belts by cheating in one match does not seem to work that well for me. I could see 3D getting the win and joining immortal. If not then I see a long reign for MCMG. There just is no other team ready to take the belts that isn't beer money. Gen Me already had enough chances. London Brawling would need time to build momentum. My one curveball would be Ink Inc going heel with the Hardy's and grabbing the belts off of MCMG in a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back