• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Motor City Machine Guns Are Tag Team Champions - Three Years Too Late

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
9m.jpg

9n.jpg

So, they've finally done it. According to the results on the TNA website (I'm not one of the ten people in the UK who have access to TNA pay-per-views), they beat Beer Money with "a top rope double-team move." Sounds pretty exciting, huh?

To put this in perspective, MCMG/Beer Money for the tag team titles first took place two years ago. Before and since, the Guns have been primed to win the tag titles. Unfortunately, it's too little, too late.

I'm pleased they've won the belts, yeah. However, they should have won them two or three years ago and I'm not going to excuse TNA for its ******ed booking just because they have them now. They should have had them, lost them, regained them, feuded for them and split up by now. How Alex Shelley was X Division champion before the Guns were tag team champions is fucking beyond me. How teams like Lethal Combination got the belts instead is astounding.

Just because something takes ages to happen, doesn't make it any more amazing when it finally does happen. This isn't delaying tactics to make the win more powerful - this is dodging common sense. Watching how TNA have booked MCMG, I wonder how they go about their day to day life. Instead of sitting in a chair, they probably tape razor blades to the floor and then roll about. Instead of a morning shave, they probably light their legs on fire. When they drive their cars, it's with their ass cheeks and into oncoming traffic. Such is the level of basic logic absent from their booking. How they function in society when this is how they book TNA's most popular tag team I do not know.

So, stab your grandmother and throw yourself down the stairs to celebrate this win. It's the only logical thing to do, right TNA?

Would've, could've, should've. This thread is the epitome of crying over spilled milk! Get over it.

I don't see any reason to harp on the past. They didn't win the titles years ago and they've still remained over and relevant for the past 3 years. As much as people wanted to see them with the belts, personally I don't think they really needed it. They used the belts to build up guys that really needed it like Doug Williams & Magnus as British Invasion, used the belts to build up Roode & Storm as Beer Money, and even used it to help elevate single guys like Morgan & Hernandez.

Point is that there's no reason in creating any false imaginative past scenarios. It didn't happen. You complained then. It happened now and you're still a little sour! What's gonna make guys like u stop complaining. They won it so now there's nothing to talk about now.

I have no idea why they waited this long, but I'm going to attribute it to one person: Tommy Dreamer. With news of him allegedly (allegedly because I don't think it's been confirmed yet) on the creative team now, he's brought in a better direction to the show. I think it's him that had Motor City win it now, because why else would they wait this fucking long? I'm so glad they won, and I'm not complaining as much as you Sam, but I am kinda pissed they waited this damn long for them to win the titles.

They should have won them earlier this year after the MEM broke up actually. Anytime before that at least booking wise it didn't hurt the guns not to win. Beer Money had to be established on someone's expense. Everyone knows the Guns are the best Tag Team today, and they never needed the titles to get over. This year those straps have been passed around to quite a few teams that shouldn't have been pushed over the guns, or by teams we knew the guns could destroy. Regardless it's not about how long it took for them to get them, it's about what they do now that they have them. Anything shorter than a 6 month reign is unacceptable in my book, but we'll see what's next.

I would sum up the title win as a pleasant surprise. The MCMGs have been the most over tag team in TNA for three years and I agree it's been borderline excruciating watching half-assed tag teams like Morgan and Hernandez, Lethal Consequences, and The Band get title runs while MCMGs went without (I like tag teams that are actual tag teams). I understand using a tag title to build teams like Beer Money and British Invasion, and I presume it'll be used to build Ink Inc in the future, but an MCMG tag title run (multiple ones, for that matter) should've happened years ago; not that I agree with the OP that it's too little, too late. If they had a London and Kendricks style run with the belts that'd be good enough for me, but I think the tag division in TNA is too filled out for that.

I do want to say at LEAST they won it; their counterpart as best tag team in WWE, Cryme Tyme, never did before they broke up.

Too late? So what you're saying is that it's meaningless they won them now, and that this title run won't amount to dick, and that the MCMG are finished with TNA regardless then, yes? :rolleyes:

Please, man – as Booker T would have said, save the drama for ya momma – this means none of that.

This win may be belated –*hell, it may even be three years belated – but regardless they did win, and the win did do incredibly positive things for them as a team.

What this does above all else is legitimize the tag division again with credible champions who are now likely to feud with BMI and various tag-teams over the belts in the coming weeks, which is thousands of times better than what we were getting with the occasional show-ups, The Band.

I'm with you on that one Sam...This match had to go to Beer Money though, I mean with the current angle of them in Fortune..it had to be...but I am happy that FINALLY...MCMG have won the titles...and I agree it was long overdue run as well..They should have been champions 3 years ago...the amount of times they have been contenders, in tag championship matches etc...WOW...TNA waited a long time to put the titles on them!!

I don't watch a lot of TNA, but my god this match was better than most shit WWE puts on our screens.It was superb.I liked how shelly did Sweet chin music and backstabber one after another making the match that much sweeter.Good thing they finally won the belts.

I would make a bet that now that MCMG have won the titles they will lose them the next PPV but it's TNA so who knows.

The MCMG were more interesting a couple of years ago then they are now especially during the Frontline/MEM storyline.

EDIT: I've never found Sabin interesting and I miss the days of Shelley and Eye Spy Paparazzi or whatever you called it.

If Flair never even uttered the word Fourtune, I would say that MCMG will keep the belts for a while. However, I surmise Flair will be looking for a tag team to compromise his stable and it sure as hell isn't going to be Team 3D so the most likely option is Beer Money. Just wait for Armageddon 2003 all over again at Bound For Glory or sooner.

Long story short- it is overdue but I'm not too fussed that they won considering Roode and Storm should have been in singles competition for a while but due to the suckiness of the tag team division had to stay together.

I'm glad it happened and I actually think the ending was the perfect way to get the fans entirely behind The Guns. The double pin mad eyou think they were justgonna give them to Beer Money without pissing off the fans by having the Guns lose clean and when they restarted I'm sure alot of people though BMI would win. The place went nuts whenthe Guns got the win. Is it a little late? Sure but at least it happened. Why must people ALWAYS find something to complain about? It just comes off as petty insted of helpful or thoughtful.

Too late? So what you're saying is that it's meaningless they won them now, and that this title run won't amount to dick,

Well, that's now what I was saying, but yes. That's not because they took so long though, that's because TNA makes everything and anything underwhelming. They'd manage to ruin the second coming of Christ. Michael Jackson could rise from the dead and they'd book it wrong.

I think you mean :trolleyes: - and I need a pair of :drolleyes:.

What this does above all else is legitimize the tag division again with credible champions who are now likely to feud with BMI

I can see the advertising now. "In only their twenty-third televised encounter, only ten times more than Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe..."

and various tag-teams

Ah, yes: "various tag teams." Maybe Team 3D can finish their hyperinteresting feud off in time to tag together again. They've only had something like twenty televised matches, so they're comparatively fresh to match.

over the belts in the coming weeks, which is thousands of times better than what we were getting with the occasional show-ups, The Band.

So your post, in summary: Yes, I agree it's belated and even that TNA's tag division is shit. but I have a bunch of words that've been lying around for a while that I'd like to put in your mouth - would you mind?

In fact, this thread as a whole generally kinda seems to be "Damn it Sam, why must you always ruin our fun by coming out with valid criticisms!? I mean, here I am even agreeing with you but, um, er..."

Yeah they probably should have won them earlier but at the end of the day who really cares, they are champs now and thats all that matters. They didn't suffer from NOT being tag champs, they've been one of the top tag teams for the last 3 years as it is and they were over so they really didn't need to be the champs as other teams would benefit more from having the straps (belts are used to get people more over with the crowd, well the MCMG have been over pretty much the whole time they have been a tag team, not to mention they've been working Japan as well over the last few years. Frankly, Beer Money could have used the titles more).

Sure, I would have LOVED for them have been champions a few years back but there is no reason to get upset about it, just be happy they are the champs and enjoy it while it lasts (hopefully it will last a long time).

Wel i watched the match last night...it was one of the three top matches of the night this match was def 5/5 and loved how they did the double pinfall and had to restart the match....im glad they won yes it took forveer but be happy they finally got the titles..stop crying and just enjoy it

I'm glad the Guns have finally won the titles. I do think that it's long overdue and I hope that their run is memorable and can add some life to the TNA tag team scene. However, just because the Guns have the titles at this point isn't a guarantee of anything.

Having a run with the tag team titles doesn't automatically mean that one's stock is on the rise, will be used properly or will be overly meaningful in the history of the title. Booker T & Scott Steiner, Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, Matt Morgan's solo run with the titles, and Eric Young, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall are all examples of teams in recent history with runs that've either been completely unmemorable or outright shit. I mean, all those teams have been officially the champs and have carried around the physical titles, but that's really all you can say about them.

The Guns have been used for shit for the better part of two years and I do hope that ceases to be the case as they've been among my personal favorite teams for a long time. But, as I said earlier, carrying the tag titles around is no guarantee of being booked compotently.

Well, that's now what I was saying, but yes. That's not because they took so long though, that's because TNA makes everything and anything underwhelming. They'd manage to ruin the second coming of Christ. Michael Jackson could rise from the dead and they'd book it wrong.

Right – I forgot TNA does nothing right. Baseless rhetoric if there ever was any.

I can see the advertising now. "In only their twenty-third televised encounter, only ten times more than Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe..."

Your sarcasm won't save you here, Sam.

The MCMG win legitimized the tag division in two ways:

1. A young team are champions.
2. A fighting team are champions.

The Band rarely made appearances or title defenses, and when they were champions, the story behind why they continued to be was lacking at best. The idea was alright, but it failed.

Guys like you may count how many times BMI & The Machineguns have feuded, but most fans do not, and most fans only care to see great wrestling, which is exactly what this will provide.

Ah, yes: "various tag teams." Maybe Team 3D can finish their hyperinteresting feud off in time to tag together again. They've only had something like twenty televised matches, so they're comparatively fresh to match.

Ink Inc. will undoubtedly be pushed to the point of being viable contenders at some point, I'd imagine, as will Generation Me, and eventually Team 3D again.

So your post, in summary: Yes, I agree it's belated and even that TNA's tag division is shit. but I have a bunch of words that've been lying around for a while that I'd like to put in your mouth - would you mind?

In fact, this thread as a whole generally kinda seems to be "Damn it Sam, why must you always ruin our fun by coming out with valid criticisms!? I mean, here I am even agreeing with you but, um, er..."

So, your post in summary: I have nothing constructive to add even when TNA does something right because in doing so they negate my ever-present negativity and deconstructive criticisms and make me look bad, so how can I spin this so it still devalues the entirety of them winning the gold? Oh, that's right, I can just discredit the entire thing on the note that because they weren't given the tag titles three years ago when I as a fan wanted them to have them, it no longer matters! Problem solved. TNA sucks again, and I look like a genius!

Right – I forgot TNA does nothing right.

Words, mouth, putting, in. Rearrange those words, then put them in someone else's mouth for all I care. Or get a new schtick, whatever.

But in answer to your query, yes, TNA does many things poorly and hyped up events are often underwhelming. See: AJ Styles' title reign, Dixie Carter's Twitter, Jeff Jarrett's fourth return, Jeff Hardy's debut and many more. There's a precedent.

The MCMG win legitimized the tag division in two ways:

1. A young team are champions.
2. A fighting team are champions.

I didn't say they didn't legitimize the belts. I like the Guns, I do. The point of my post - that they should have had the belts and gone on to better things by now - seems to have passed you by.

Guys like you may count how many times BMI & The Machineguns have feuded, but most fans do not, and most fans only care to see great wrestling, which is exactly what this will provide.

I didn't count, 23 matches was a ball park figure. Here's a more accurate estimate: a lot.

Ink Inc. will undoubtedly be pushed to the point of being viable contenders at some point, I'd imagine, as will Generation Me, and eventually Team 3D again.

I look forward to more Generation Me exhibitions.

Now, Sam's talks about IDR's post... as IDR:

So, what you're saying is TNA is the greatest organistion on Earth? And the Motor City Machine Guns are the greatest tag team ever, ten time tango champions, secretly are lizardmen and should rule over us as alien overlords? Furthermore, you seem to think that Jeff Jarrett is some sort of sex God that has the ladies purring all night long.

I've honestly never said this to anyone before - not even the semi-illiterate - but you are just a plain bad poster. And not even by my "Is he entertaining?" standards but by most people's "Is he a good debater?" standards. I've never seen someone desperately attempt to misrepresent someone else's argument to try and cling on so much but I guess that comes with being so wrong. Or, as Coco the Monkey would put it:

It's Damn Real epitomizes everything that's wrong with the general standards regarding what makes a "good" poster -- that is, according to most people, someone who forms coherent setences and makes an effort to defend their point of view. While that's part of good posting, he's often given a pass for how wrong he is. It's almost the same as giving a politician your vote, no matter how wrong they are, because they speak well and are willing to speak in their defense. Ideally, that's every politician. "Why are we celebrating people for being so average?" -- is exactly what I think when I see IDR post.

Good day to you, sir.

Words, mouth, putting, in. Rearrange those words, then put them in someone else's mouth for all I care. Or get a new schtick, whatever.

But in answer to your query, yes, TNA does many things poorly and hyped up events are often underwhelming. See: AJ Styles' title reign, Dixie Carter's Twitter, Jeff Jarrett's fourth return, Jeff Hardy's debut and many more. There's a precedent.

And that in some way must mean the company as a whole is a failure, right? How else would you have a reason to post about them, since you are never around to praise a single thing they do...

I didn't say they didn't legitimize the belts. I like the Guns, I do. The point of my post - that they should have had the belts and gone on to better things by now - seems to have passed you by.

Perhaps, and I won't really fight that, because ideally I do believe they should have been given the titles a long time ago, too, but I do not believe, however, that because of the fact they weren't that in some fashion this would-be run and win means nothing, which is exactly what you insinuated in both the OP and the thread title.

I didn't count, 23 matches was a ball park figure. Here's a more accurate estimate: a lot.

Again, irrelevant. Most fans don't care about guys facing each other often, so long as the reason they are is entertaining, as well as the matches between them. So long as it continues to work, it works. Only the "intelligent fans" complain about the details between that otherwise.

I look forward to more Generation Me exhibitions.

Same.

Now, Sam's talks about IDR's post... as IDR:

So, what you're saying is TNA is the greatest organistion on Earth? And the Motor City Machine Guns are the greatest tag team ever, ten time tango champions, secretly are lizardmen and should rule over us as alien overlords? Furthermore, you seem to think that Jeff Jarrett is some sort of sex God that has the ladies purring all night long.

I've honestly never said this to anyone before - not even the semi-illiterate - but you are just a plain bad poster. And not even by my "Is he entertaining?" standards but by most people's "Is he a good debater?" standards. I've never seen someone desperately attempt to misrepresent someone else's argument to try and cling on so much but I guess that comes with being so wrong. Or, as Coco the Monkey would put it:

Good day to you, sir.

Inconsequential, irrelevant, non sequitur, ad hominem nonsense that has absolutely no purpose being in this thread.

Your sarcastic rhetoric shines yet again, and through it all you say a mass of absolutely nothing. Typical.

You should get in touch with Tarantino's camp, though, man – you've got a fantastic way with making a glut of words come off as witty responses to absolutely nothing of value.

Well TNA could have had beer money win then have the guns fued with them to the next ppv and win the belts there instead would u had liked that better?

Overall this is a good thing because its shows that They are listening to the fan buzz about the guns. I really how this equals more tv time for the guns as they have been on and off leading up to this win.

This will hopefully lead to a meaningful fued with Beer Money as they strive to redeem themselves in flairs eyes.

All in all I say better late then never:).

If they had lost to Beer Money then you'd have been crying like a little girl anyway. It would have been "Why do they keep building them up and shooting them down?". You can't please some people. Everyone has been saying forever that the Guns should get the belts. Now they get them and there's people moaning about it. Fucking hell. It was a good match, just enjoy it. I didn't really care who got the straps, and I enjoyed their encounter all the more for it.

Okay so my prediction that they'd win the tag titles by Slammiversary was (obviously) a month off, but damnit, I knew they'd finally give them a run with the belts, it's been SO overdue. I was fucking ecstatic seeing them FINALLY get what they deserve, it also helped though that they wrestled a god damn classic match with Beer Money to win them. Seriously, seriously great match and moment, highlight of the PPV for me personally.

Now I'm not sure how long they're going to hold onto them though. I'd love to see a length reign for them to stabilize the division a bit, but that's logical so TNA booking will likely have none of that silliness and will job them out to another thrown together tag team in a month or two. I really hope not though, these two guys could be big draws for TNA if they'd just listen to their damn audience for once and push the right people.

Even with this current reign, I feel like it would have meant more for MCMG to chase and finally break through against Beer Money. I think it is somewhat cheapened with TNA making the asinine decision to not feature them on TV for most of the last 3 months since they had won the #1 contenders match, just because there were points where I forgot they were even on the roster, and now they're Tag Champs?

But, I am glad the Guns 'broke through' because they are currently my favorite tag team. Hopefully they get a nice run

:lmao:
Sounds like a boxing PPV tagline. But I agree, I'm not happy that it took 3 damn years to make the hottest tag team in pro wrestling Tag Team champions. Hell, they make it seem as though the only reason this feud is happening and The Guns are champs, is because of marketing. Check the TNA site. The new DVD highlights both teams. Funny how they win now when it comes out rather than 3 years ago when they were in a huge feud with Team freakin' 3D. Don't get me wrong, I'm as gitty as a schoolgirl for their win, I'm just not happy that it took 3 years. Did they have a label on their forehead that said "Midnight Rockers" or something?

Reactions: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back