• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Most Misused WWE Superstar of 2013

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
I know the year isn't over yet but with basically two months left, I'd say we have a pretty good idea of how things have turned out for the year 2013. . Regardless of how you feel about the year, it should be noted that so many wrestlers have risen and fallen when it comes to their spot on the card throughout the year of 2013 and that is completely due to how they've been used by WWE Creative. This is your chance to tell me who you think is the most misused character in the WWE locker room. It could be someone who is too high on the card, someone who is too low on the card, someone who is in the right spot but doing the wrong gimmick or someone who isn't on the card at all. I was going to make a poll for this thread but I expect there to be a wide range of answer so I decided a poll would be extremely difficult to do. IMO, there are way more misused guys than there are properly used guys so I'm going to do an honorable mention and then give you my top 5 and you guys have the option of responding with either the top guy or a top 5 as well.

Honorable Mention: Curtis Axel (epic debut, where is he now?), Bray Wyatt (where is he going?), Brock Lesnar (he should win clean almost every time), Wade Barrett (one of the most underutilized talents of the last decade), Santino Marella (he's so over, put him in a program PLEASE), Drew McIntyre (remember the chosen one?), Alex Riley (I miss you), Zack Ryder (where did the Zack Pack go?),

5. Big E Langston - He has the look, the charisma, and (I think) the ability to be a big deal in this business so why haven't they given him any TV time? If Great Khali can appear with a goddamn midget (neither of whom are even cared about by the "WWE Universe") than Big E Langston should be able to get some air time on RAW. Remember February/March? Everyone was calling for him to turn on his majorly over partner Dolph Ziggler (stay tuned for him) and feud over the WHC at SummerSlam. He was over throughout his whole program with AJ and for some reason they randomly split them up and Big E was banished to oblivion until now. This Sunday he's randomly fighting for a title that should be beneath him by now, the Intercontinental Championship.

4. The Big Show - The first of the two people on my top 5 that I will say is too high on the card. Big Show has proved over his 15-year career that he might have the widest acting range of any person we have ever seen on WWE Television. The only problem with that, is WE'VE SEEN EVERYTHING HE CAN DO. There is no reason to make him the focal point of anything anymore, please use him the way they use Kane so that new guys can get over. This whole Corporate storyline was red hot until Big Show came in and literally knocked everyone out by himself with 6 punches. I wish he'd knock me out so I wouldn't have to see this atrocity. I legitimately haven't been entertained by Big Show and all his turns (seriously, how many heel/face turns has he had in this year alone!? 3-4) since like 2009.

3. Ryback - The easiest way to summarize how I feel is to compare this year's Ryback vs. CM Punk Hell in a Cell match to last year's. Remember the hype? No one knew what was going to happen because at the time Ryback was the most over person on the roster AND he was undefeated, he was like Goldberg and that's where we all thought he would continue heading. Holy shit was 2013 an unpleasant surprise, Ryback suffered loss after loss and looked like a weak bully who turned heel for no reason and completely stopped all the momentum he had built in 2012. Feed Me More was one of the catchiest slogans in recent history and to ruin all of that steam with an unnecessary heel turn that lead to him falling far down the card made Ryback lose credibility that I don't think he will ever gain back.

2. Alberto Del Rio - Maybe this is biased or not, but I think Del Rio is the most misused superstar of all-time. There was never a time where he was nearly as over as the WWE thought he was. They had him feud with the very best stars of the time, including Rey Mysterio, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, and Edge and NONE OF THOSE GUYS were able to get him over. 2013 is unique because it started with him actually being used the best way yet, as a face appealing to his latino community. Then, in the worst World Title matchup in WrestleMania history, he beat Jack Swagger and then the next night lost to the most over person in the SmackDown locker room, Dolph Ziggler. I expected a quick feud then Del Rio to FINALLY drop down to the midcard where he has belonged his entire career, but instead they turn him back heel so that he can continue the same boring gimmick that he never got over with!:banghead: This reign might be the worst WHC reign ever, he has never done anything memorable, and honestly his only saving grace was his face run and they cut it so short for no reason.

1. Dolph Ziggler - I feel like this is going to be the most popular choice of this thread. Unlike the IWC, I do not think Ziggler is a god nor do I think he is amongst the top in-ring performers in the WWE today, or any generation. He couldn't be further from the next HBK and I bet Mr. Perfect rolls over every time someone compares him to Dolph Ziggler. That being said though, it is impossible (even as a hater) to ignore the reaction Ziggler got routinely from the end of 2012 into 2013. Even on this site for the on-site Live Event reports, Ziggler appeared in the top 3 "Most Heat" section every time. The RAW after WrestleMania, Ziggler made the IZOD Center EXPLODE from excitement about his World Title win. To me, that was his first true win (how did he win his first? A technicality?) and an epic moment that could've been compared to HBK's boyhood dream or Jeff Hardy's triumph in 2008. I thought this was the start of the Ziggler era, they completed it with a face turn, and then COMPLETELY DROPPED HIM OFF THE CARD!?!?!?!?:shrug: What happened!? Heat or not, money is money. Ziggler was making them money and would've continued to if they didn't waste the WHC on another boring Del Rio run. Instead of jobbing to the Shield and random midcard heels he should be going on the same run of invincibility that Punk had in '11, Cena has had his whole career (joke), and Bryan is having right now. Dolph Ziggler, in my opinion, is easily the most misused star of 2013.

Antonio Cesaro. His big swing is over, his whole arsenal is over, he even makes The Real Americans over. But despite his unique appearance and his incredible strength, he must first go to war against the cream of the crop, Los Matadores and Marella & Khali.

I'm hoping soon enough The Real Americans can face Goldust and Cody. Or have Cesaro turn and face Ambrose for the US Championship, or Axel for the Intercontinental. Anything besides a possible Hurricanrana from a little person.

Curt Hawkins and Tyson Kidd.

I know Tyson just came back from injury so we don't know what they're going to do with him but I have little doubt that it's going to be dumb.

Curt Hawkins can actually be entertaining. A couple years ago he had a feud on Superstars with Trent Barretta and it was actually entertaining. They had good matches and Curt did some commentary. They had a back story and everything. I wish the feud had played out on Smackdown at least.

I'm not saying push either guy to the main event or anything like that. Give them a run with the IC or US title. Use them on Raw and Smackdown. Give them a program to work.

Big E and Ziggler - Big E should have turned face then and Ziggler should have stayed heel. The decision to make Ziggler a face ruined both their years

The Real Americans and Del Rio - These guys should be in a 3 way feud for the WHC. It would give Del Rio the better booking he deserves and The Real Americans should be major players but they are a tag team who are nowhere near the title

Curtis Axel - Bad booking

Ryback - Always lose the big match

The Shield - Bryan and the Rhodes Brothers whipping boys since Summerslam

Big Show - Crying

Fandango - Needs a face turn and the IC/US title

Wyatt Family - Need the Shield out the way so they can be the stable with the tag team and US/IC title

RVD - Never won a title

Miz - But who really cares about Miz. Not even his Dad was bother when Orton was beating the hell out of him, If you don't believe me watch the brawl between Orton and Miz, his Dads facial expression never changes from when he hugged Miz until he got RKO'd

5. Miz- Hasn't done really anything other then host summerslam and be put into feuds with people who need a place holder.

4. RVD- Why did he come back? All he did was fight with one of the least over World Champions i have seen in a long time and has nothing to show for it.

3. CM Punk- Dropped the title to a guy who shows up for two months out of the year and then forced to take a back seat to Cena and now the Corporation storyline. Only do to his and Paul Heymans masterful work has he been able to make story that is supposed to take a back seat to the Bryan vs the world story line as or more interesting to watch.

2.Del Rio- And by misused i mean he has kept the title far longer then he should. He has devalued the World Title so badly at this point i think cena needs to hold it til at least the rumble if not longer to restore some prestige to it. Giving it to Sandow now wouldn't be right as the title is not in a position to boost his standing like it should.

1.Ziggler- I know his injury played a role but man he must of pissed in someones coffee to have the rug pulled out from under him so quick. I know some dislike him and i myself am not sold on him just yet. The problem is he wasn't even given a shot i mean if Del Rio can have this long of a shot then shouldn't ziggler of had a three or four month run as champ to try?

Fandango: He's now found his natural place on the card, but that shouldn't have happened yet. Whether he caught on or fans just really enjoy taking the piss out of his music, there was a time when he was over enough to be given a solid push. I know that a concussion derailed him massively, but WWE weren't capitalizing and turning him face before thye were lining him up for an IC Title run.

Ryback: It all started to go really wrong when he lost to Henry at Mania. I still don't understand that decision. Now he might be feuding with Punk, but let's not forget that he's a bit-part player and he's being allowed to tag along with Paul Heyman. I really think Ryback should have had a short WWE Championship run by now.

Antonio Cesaro: I can't be the only person who expected him to be paired with Heyman instead of Axel. Instead he's in a tag team that has nothing more than potential. I guess he wins more frequently than he didas a singles superstar.

Why are people listing Del Rio & Ziggler? Do you mean they've been missued because they're not in enhancement roles and WWE promote them above fan interest levels?

Fandango: He's now found his natural place on the card, but that shouldn't have happened yet. Whether he caught on or fans just really enjoy taking the piss out of his music, there was a time when he was over enough to be given a solid push. I know that a concussion derailed him massively, but WWE weren't capitalizing and turning him face before thye were lining him up for an IC Title run.

Ryback: It all started to go really wrong when he lost to Henry at Mania. I still don't understand that decision. Now he might be feuding with Punk, but let's not forget that he's a bit-part player and he's being allowed to tag along with Paul Heyman. I really think Ryback should have had a short WWE Championship run by now.

Antonio Cesaro: I can't be the only person who expected him to be paired with Heyman instead of Axel. Instead he's in a tag team that has nothing more than potential. I guess he wins more frequently than he didas a singles superstar.

Why are people listing Del Rio & Ziggler? Do you mean they've been missued because they're not in enhancement roles and WWE promote them above fan interest levels?
For Del rio yeah he has been misused by being champion for so long when he draws very little interest. He should of dropped the title to anyone at this point and gone to the mid card where he belongs. As for Ziggler he had a ton of momentum that came to a end partly do to his injury but also do to WWE pulling the rug out from under him. He wasnt given a chance as champion and if you are willing to give ADR this long then at least give Ziggler two to three months to show if he can do it or not.

Great thread and I like the idea, specially since my biggest problem is the misuse of two British wrestlers - Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre. It just amazes me how far WWE dropped the ball with those two, they were once seen as future main eventers without a shadow of a doubt and nowadays are nothing more than two enhancement talents.

They both have a very good look in them, always in shape and they're in-ring veterans that can get a great match out of pretty much any opponent. Wade Barrett for me is one of the best talkers WWE has and somehow, someway they don't let him cut promos and just put him in random matches with no purpose whatsoever. You see, I don't believe that WWE creates stars as much as I believe that stars create themselves but it's hard to be over when they can't use their #1 attribute.

Drew McIntyre on the other hand just has that "it" factor, everything about his looks to his facial expressions screams star. He's still rather young but he absolutely needs to turn babyface or turn on 3MB at least. His intensity and his focus will make him over in a heart bit, just let him do what he knows best, give him a mouthpiece if you're worried about his thick accent but give him a better opportunity.

Now on the honorable mentions I'm going to state Daniel Bryan on a negative side of the thing - because I don't see anything in Daniel Bryan, at least not anything that make him someone that should be fighting for the #1 spot in the company - I don't mind him being in the uppercard to main event position, but he should not be a main eventer with a super streak, I just can't buy him as such an all around STAR. He's goofy, he's a good athlete and a good wrestler but he lacks that "bigger than life" feel mostly because he looks like the average joe.

Also I think Jack Swagger was vastly misused in his feud with Alberto Del Rio. Whatever you say, I don't think that him being demoted thanks to a pot related thing was fair, specially when I was absolutely loving his gimmick with Zeb Colter - Swagger has the physique, the background and had the character to be a solid uppercarder and be in a Sheamus position now. He was booked very strong, very smart and solid only to turn into a lowcard again.

Wade Barrett - very talented, could have a great gimmick but creative seem to fuck it up for him everytime.

Barrett MADE the Nexus angle. It was fantastic and he carried the rest of the guys in that group.

HALF THE ROSTER 3 Hours plus smackdown to showcase your talent and tons of superstars and divas are misused or not used enough. For the purpose of this thread i will say those who are misused

1. Dolph ziggler..... A couple weeks ago WZ said in a article that wwe officials feel like dolph dont generate money.. No i dont see everybody wearing his half shirts but damn he is a hell of a performer i know you need to make money off your stars but im sure del rio isnt making shit and has had many reigns which by the way are boring but he's champion

2. Santino.... Where do i start yes he is funny but they misused him so bad that if he won a title from a superstar the guys backstaged would make fun of him forever. Seriously santino should have never carried out this silly cobra gimmick this long MISUSED

3. Nattie..... One of the 3 Great diva performers the WWE have and what does she do babysit a couple newbies on a reality show wtf she should be winning divas titles and be there with the greats by now but yet the wwe uses her for short programs somebody like alicia fox can do SUPER MISUSED

Damien Sandow - Damien Sandow has all the tools to be a top level guy in WWE. He's good in the ring, is great at cutting promos, has been over as a heel since his debut in WWE and I think there's a lot more to him than what we've seen. A huge reason for why I think he's among the most misused of 2013 is WWE's reliance on the stale & tired formula of the WHC MITB briefcase holder losing 90% of his matches until the company decides to suddenly pull the switch. How about booking the guy carrying the MITB briefcase to look strong for a change?

Antonio Cesaro - I'm not saying that Antonio Cesaro is the next big thing or anything along those lines. I'm not saying he should be main eventing already either. However, Cesaro's in-ring abilities are among the best on the WWE roster. His matches against Sheamus, Kofi Kingston & Daniel Bryan have been among the very best on television this year and he's someone who can be of a much bigger benefit to the WWE than he is now. It's been something of a roller coaster year for Cesaro. He started off as United States Champion and was in the midst of a decent reign before WWE decided to bury the mid-card champions to put over top level guys during WrestleMania season. While I'm not all that crazy about his role with The Real Americans as it just feels too weird, at least he's part of a pretty good tag team and fans are getting behind him. I think if WWE is able to give him a gimmick that he's comfortable in, he can really shine.

Wade Barrett - If I had to pick just one single guy as the most misused of 2013, I'd be hard pressed not to go with Wade Barrett. Barrett has been in WWE for over 3 years now and the guy's good. He's just flat out, all around good in my opinion. He has a good look, he's strong in the ring and he can cut good promos. As I mentioned with Cesaro, Barrett was buried during WrestleMania season and I don't see any real reason why. Barrett is one of the most consistent guys on the roster and it bothers me to see him wasted.

Dolph Ziggler - In my opinion, Dolph Ziggler should have been a main eventer for more than a year now. He's got charisma, he's shown that he can do well on the mic without anyone to talk for him, he's extremely entertaining inside the ring and there's no better seller of offense in pro wrestling right now than he is. Even though he's said to have heat right now and is on a losing streak, fans are behind him now more than ever ironically.

Curtis Axel I honestly saw him doing bigger and better things with Heyman at this juncture. I mean, He's the IC Champion... shouldn't they at least, y'know, book him to look strong? No, Instead they book him as CM Punk's jobber bitch... which sucks in my opinion. I sincerely can't wait for Axel to turn face... I personally think he could do better as one.

Sadly there are many guys in the WWE who are misused but that is because there is a lot of talent. The most misused talents are:

Dolph Ziggler - I know he was World Champion but that was a very short reign. Ziggler was a strong heel but got nowhere. Then he moved on to become a face, showing he is popular yet they still aren't using him. They really should have Ziggler directly involved in the Triple H angle or at least World Heavyweight Champion.

Wade Barrett - Barrett has the talent to be a success. Good in the ring, the mic and he is a very convincing heel. However, he has achieved very little this year and that is painful to see. He is ready to be in the main-event and I got my hopes up when he was involved with Bryan just before the corporation angle got going. Hopefully they re-introduce him as an important part of Triple H's team.

Drew McIntyre- This is an obvious one. How he can be jobbing as part of the 3MB is beyond me. Drew has shown he can work a good match and has the natural act of being a top heel. His run as Intercontinental Champion was fantastic and is often overlooked.

The Miz - He is now an important person within the WWE in terms of promotion but if he turned heel then he would be back at the top. During is US and then WWE title reign The Miz was fantastic and he can once more get to that level.

I'd also add both members of The Real Americans. I realise that neither is great on the mic but both are very talented in the ring and could be an important part of the roster. Fandango's momentum is slowly dying and that is a shame. It is a unique gimmick and I think he is a good wrestler. There are many others; Tyson Kidd, Prime Time Players, Big E, Sandow, Cody Rhodes (for the majority of the year) even Damien Sandow who could all be doing a lot more. Obviously not all of them can be stars but I think they could use personal such as The Great Khali, Santino Tons of Funk and R-Truth less often and give some other names a chance.

Daniel Bryan

Hands down... it's criminal how he's being used right now. He was the hottest thing this past summer, was extremely over and now all of a sudden, in the angle he was the start of, he's playing second fiddle to Big Show? The guy could have been huge, but between not making him the focus and the constant verbal burials, they blew it.

I know the year isn't over yet but with basically two months left, I'd say we have a pretty good idea of how things have turned out for the year 2013. . Regardless of how you feel about the year, it should be noted that so many wrestlers have risen and fallen when it comes to their spot on the card throughout the year of 2013 and that is completely due to how they've been used by WWE Creative. This is your chance to tell me who you think is the most misused character in the WWE locker room. It could be someone who is too high on the card, someone who is too low on the card, someone who is in the right spot but doing the wrong gimmick or someone who isn't on the card at all. I was going to make a poll for this thread but I expect there to be a wide range of answer so I decided a poll would be extremely difficult to do. IMO, there are way more misused guys than there are properly used guys so I'm going to do an honorable mention and then give you my top 5 and you guys have the option of responding with either the top guy or a top 5 as well.

Honorable Mention: Curtis Axel (epic debut, where is he now?), Bray Wyatt (where is he going?), Brock Lesnar (he should win clean almost every time), Wade Barrett (one of the most underutilized talents of the last decade), Santino Marella (he's so over, put him in a program PLEASE), Drew McIntyre (remember the chosen one?), Alex Riley (I miss you), Zack Ryder (where did the Zack Pack go?),

5. Big E Langston - He has the look, the charisma, and (I think) the ability to be a big deal in this business so why haven't they given him any TV time? If Great Khali can appear with a goddamn midget (neither of whom are even cared about by the "WWE Universe") than Big E Langston should be able to get some air time on RAW. Remember February/March? Everyone was calling for him to turn on his majorly over partner Dolph Ziggler (stay tuned for him) and feud over the WHC at SummerSlam. He was over throughout his whole program with AJ and for some reason they randomly split them up and Big E was banished to oblivion until now. This Sunday he's randomly fighting for a title that should be beneath him by now, the Intercontinental Championship.

4. The Big Show - The first of the two people on my top 5 that I will say is too high on the card. Big Show has proved over his 15-year career that he might have the widest acting range of any person we have ever seen on WWE Television. The only problem with that, is WE'VE SEEN EVERYTHING HE CAN DO. There is no reason to make him the focal point of anything anymore, please use him the way they use Kane so that new guys can get over. This whole Corporate storyline was red hot until Big Show came in and literally knocked everyone out by himself with 6 punches. I wish he'd knock me out so I wouldn't have to see this atrocity. I legitimately haven't been entertained by Big Show and all his turns (seriously, how many heel/face turns has he had in this year alone!? 3-4) since like 2009.

3. Ryback - The easiest way to summarize how I feel is to compare this year's Ryback vs. CM Punk Hell in a Cell match to last year's. Remember the hype? No one knew what was going to happen because at the time Ryback was the most over person on the roster AND he was undefeated, he was like Goldberg and that's where we all thought he would continue heading. Holy shit was 2013 an unpleasant surprise, Ryback suffered loss after loss and looked like a weak bully who turned heel for no reason and completely stopped all the momentum he had built in 2012. Feed Me More was one of the catchiest slogans in recent history and to ruin all of that steam with an unnecessary heel turn that lead to him falling far down the card made Ryback lose credibility that I don't think he will ever gain back.

2. Alberto Del Rio - Maybe this is biased or not, but I think Del Rio is the most misused superstar of all-time. There was never a time where he was nearly as over as the WWE thought he was. They had him feud with the very best stars of the time, including Rey Mysterio, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, and Edge and NONE OF THOSE GUYS were able to get him over. 2013 is unique because it started with him actually being used the best way yet, as a face appealing to his latino community. Then, in the worst World Title matchup in WrestleMania history, he beat Jack Swagger and then the next night lost to the most over person in the SmackDown locker room, Dolph Ziggler. I expected a quick feud then Del Rio to FINALLY drop down to the midcard where he has belonged his entire career, but instead they turn him back heel so that he can continue the same boring gimmick that he never got over with!:banghead: This reign might be the worst WHC reign ever, he has never done anything memorable, and honestly his only saving grace was his face run and they cut it so short for no reason.

1. Dolph Ziggler - I feel like this is going to be the most popular choice of this thread. Unlike the IWC, I do not think Ziggler is a god nor do I think he is amongst the top in-ring performers in the WWE today, or any generation. He couldn't be further from the next HBK and I bet Mr. Perfect rolls over every time someone compares him to Dolph Ziggler. That being said though, it is impossible (even as a hater) to ignore the reaction Ziggler got routinely from the end of 2012 into 2013. Even on this site for the on-site Live Event reports, Ziggler appeared in the top 3 "Most Heat" section every time. The RAW after WrestleMania, Ziggler made the IZOD Center EXPLODE from excitement about his World Title win. To me, that was his first true win (how did he win his first? A technicality?) and an epic moment that could've been compared to HBK's boyhood dream or Jeff Hardy's triumph in 2008. I thought this was the start of the Ziggler era, they completed it with a face turn, and then COMPLETELY DROPPED HIM OFF THE CARD!?!?!?!?:shrug: What happened!? Heat or not, money is money. Ziggler was making them money and would've continued to if they didn't waste the WHC on another boring Del Rio run. Instead of jobbing to the Shield and random midcard heels he should be going on the same run of invincibility that Punk had in '11, Cena has had his whole career (joke), and Bryan is having right now. Dolph Ziggler, in my opinion, is easily the most misused star of 2013.

1-Ryback has NEVER been the most over guy on the roster. EVERYONE with any semblance of a brain new that he was never going to get a win over Punk. Feed me more was not a catchy slogan. His heel turn was due to the fact that people were not accepting him as a face, and he didn't have the connection aside from what is frankly a ridiculous chant. Other then feed me more he had nothing to say and no one who wanted or wants to hear him anyway.

2-Big E-has the making of a fine career mid car/jobber. Has the charisma of drying paint, the in ring ability of a block of wood, and the acting talent of paris hilton ie: none. He WISHES he was worthy of being even the nxt champ, let alone the IC champ or higher. He was split from AJ because AJ is too far beyond having to be stuck with this sack of talentless HGH.

Im not going to bother with the rest of your idiotic statements. They are too confusing to follow, at times seeming to praise the person while simultaneously mocking and deriding them for their efforts. I just couldn't leave these two alone as they stand out as two of the most moronic things I've ever read about any performer in years.

The Shield - Bryan and the Rhodes Brothers whipping boys since Summerslam

I just couldn't leave this one since it's a complete reversal of reality. what have you been watching? the useless trio has been kicking everyone's ass on hhh's orders since before sumerslam, and it wasn't until the last ppv and maybe the week before that the rhodes got some retaliation. There were short moments of fight from bryan and the rhodes, but overall shield as a group has been beating them down like a redheaded stepchild. oh, sorry. didn't mean to reference heath slater there.

I'm not going to do another Drew McIntyre thread.

No, I'm not.

Yes, I am. When the question being asked is "Most misused superstar".....I have to bring him up again. It's not just that he's ready; he's been ready for a long time. At 28, he's a solid, polished professional with an amazing repertoire of moves, some of which he's even allowed to use while functioning as a jobber.:banghead:

I'm not complaining about 3MB. The fact he's been in a team that gets constant TV exposure is wonderful; certainly a lot better than 3 years ago when he was left home while the company toured Europe. (Imagine how he must have felt sitting in the U.S. while the troupe played Scotland). That 3MB has put him before our eyes is a good thing as far as getting him exposure.

WWE is looking to build the stars of tomorrow and has shown a willingness to take a guy from the old days and give him an immense push (Curtis Axel). For that matter, the same thing applies to Ryback and Darren Young, former members of Nexus who were out of sight for a long time and brought back to great fanfare.

Now, do it with Drew. A performer as good as he is being misused......although I admit misuse is better than no use.

Cody Rhodes - He has everything it takes to become one of the top stars in the wwe and in my opinion, he should have had a world title opportunity a long time ago but it just hasn't come. However he and his brother Goldust are the current tag team champions so this may lead to Cody finally reaching greater heights in the wwe.

Damien Sandow - The way he is currently being used as of late is just complete absolute madness. Right now he is a midcard jobber and he is much better then that. Despite that, he is after all the MITB contract holder so a main event push could eventually come for Sandow I hope. He is great on the mic, his in ring ability is also fantastic in my opinion and he has a look of a world champion.

Sheamus - No longer a Celtic Warrior, just a hapless face with a groin injury. This is the guy HHH should use to stomp on Bryan if Bryan becomes WWE champ. Now Sheamus gets a chance to rebuild his image from scratch since he wasn't apart of anything significant this year. He is one of my favorites so anytime he isn't carrying a belt I believe he is being misused.

Alberto Del Rio- Why didn't we get a substantial fued with anyone out of this guy? Off the top of my head, I can think of him fueding with Ziggler, RYBACK!, Big E, Dean Ambrose. Perhaps this doesn't sound like a significant fued, but my god WWE, TAKE SOME FUCKIN RISKS with your product. That doesn't mean some overt, over the top stunt to detract ratings from other shows, you guys know subtlety just as well as anyone else in television.

It's probably Ryback. Towards the end of 2012 he was one of the hottest superstars on the roster and WWE completely blew it with him. The fans were loving him and into his streak but they just had to rush him up to the top where he lost what momentum he had. The continued to ruin him by having him lose at WM and then consecutive pay per views. I know he's with Heyman at the moment, but Ryback should be on Smackdown destroying people as the World Heavyweight champion instead of Alberto Del Rio.

Antonio Cesaro is probably a good shout too. The dude is chock full of talent and his feats of strength are awe inspiring, almost on John Cena levels. I have no idea why he wasn't paired with Heyman instead of Axel but whatever. Hopefully he'll get pushed when his giant swing causes him to become face.

Drew MacIntyre
Mustang Sally said:
I'm not complaining about 3MB. The fact he's been in a team that gets constant TV exposure is wonderful; certainly a lot better than 3 years ago when he was left home while the company toured Europe. (Imagine how he must have felt sitting in the U.S. while the troupe played Scotland). That 3MB has put him before our eyes is a good thing as far as getting him exposure.
I feel the same about Drew AND Slater. I don't think anybody would shed a tear for Jinder Mahal, though. Being on TV as a jobber is better than not being on TV at all. I thought Drew was HORRIBLY boring back when he was the "Chosen One". Since then, it appears as if he's not taking himself so seriously anymore. He's playing up his accent and hams up his acting and it's working for him.

Ryback
(I'll say with incredible smugness that) I was one of his first haters. Hated him since day one - hated how everybody would get buried against him, hated his moveset, hated how he crowbarred his catchphrase into everyfuckingthing he did.

HOWEVER!

Ryback got over in a huge way as a face. Yeah, he would never dethrone Punk as champ (and nor should he), but that killed what significant momentum he had. Even after that loss, he was over. It was the heel turn that killed him. That and the Cryback-phase... How the fuck do you move from having a guy no-sell up to three opponents at a time to Cryback, all in the short time it happened? He should never have been in that match against Punk. He wouldn't have been where Bryan is now, but I'm sure he would have least been at Sheamus's level.

Ziggler
He's not Savage on the mic and he's not HBK in the ring, but he's still very good! Maybe the dreaded B-plus, but still entertaining! His only proper world heavyweight reign was cut short (through no fault of his own) and WWE brass refused to give him another run, instead of opting for ADR (who can not complain about a lack of pushes ever). And the rub is... when Ziggler was actually semi-featured on the card, he was starting to get quite over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back