• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Most Intense WWE Feud Of All Time

Ferbian

Has Returned.
There have been a whole lot of really intense feuds. Feuds that carried itself into Hell in a Cell matches, I Quit matches, stipulations that didn't allow either of the wrestlers to touch each other until the Pay Per View Match etc.

Now we can all agree that a lot of these matches have been truly intense. And have involved some of the greatest superstars of WWE history. They have always involved the top dogs of the company at the given period of times. And a lot of them have carried out for a longer period of time as well.

However, the question is. Which one was the most intense feud? We've seen quite a bunch of feuds that truly carried itself over the edge. And I'm sure a lot of the feuds have had the announcers screaming "Once and for all the most intense feud will finally come to an end"

So, which one would you say is the most intense feud in WWE history?

Well in recent memory, I'd say Triple H and Randy Orton from before WrestleMania 25.

While their match was shit in my opinion, their rivalry was really good. We saw Triple H break into Randy Ortons home, Randy handcuff HHH, DDT and kiss Stephanie like a low life piece of crap, kick in the McMahons heads and also what you said with the stipulation of not being able to touch each other, but I seem to remember that being broken aswell.

If breaking into someones home, kissing someones wife isn't personal and intense, then I don't know what is.

Hhh vs shawn michaels.....they may be be friends in real life but this two make much better enemies, this in my opinion has been the most intense rivalry of all times because it was very well done, the gave enough time and because shawn and hunter know each other so well that they were able to make us believe that they hated each over. This 2 fought for more than 2 year.... Shawn was attacked by hhh when they tried to reform dx back in 02, then shawn beat hhh in their unsanctioned match at summerslam inm which shawn made his return after 4 years, hhh almost crippled him with the sledgehammer, then at survivor series shawn won the WHC from hhh in the first elimination chamber , but hhh got it back in a 2 out of 3 falls match at armageddon, they had little encounter around may of 2003 and backlash and summerslam 2003, they continued their fued at the last raw of the yeasr where the fought to a tie in a raw in san antonio, then a draw at a last man standing match at the royal rumble 2004, they fought along with benoit at WM 20 and backlash, and the ended their rivalry at bad blood 2004 in a 45 minute hell in a cell in which hhh won the match and the rivalry.... The fought again in a tribute to the troops and taboo tuesday of that year as well and in 2006 they became friends again by reforming dx. This the MOST intense feud in history because they had great matches together and becasuse they sold it that well becuase this 2 are two of the best if no the best ever on the mic when it comes to selling a match or a storyline

In my opinion the feud between Matt Hardy and Edge was and still is arguebly the most intense feud of all time. The feud included Matt sideffecting Edge of the stage, Lita hitting the Twist Of Fate on Matt, Matt getting fired (before the feud if I remember correctly but the start of it all) etc it was all so intense. Also because it was real they could put all of their feelings into the promos which made them even more intense.

Hhh vs shawn michaels.....they may be be friends in real life but this two make much better enemies, this in my opinion has been the most intense rivalry of all times because it was very well done, the gave enough time and because shawn and hunter know each other so well that they were able to make us believe that they hated each over. This 2 fought for more than 2 year.... Shawn was attacked by hhh when they tried to reform dx back in 02, then shawn beat hhh in their unsanctioned match at summerslam inm which shawn made his return after 4 years, hhh almost crippled him with the sledgehammer, then at survivor series shawn won the WHC from hhh in the first elimination chamber , but hhh got it back in a 2 out of 3 falls match at armageddon, they had little encounter around may of 2003 and backlash and summerslam 2003, they continued their fued at the last raw of the yeasr where the fought to a tie in a raw in san antonio, then a draw at a last man standing match at the royal rumble 2004, they fought along with benoit at WM 20 and backlash, and the ended their rivalry at bad blood 2004 in a 45 minute hell in a cell in which hhh won the match and the rivalry.... The fought again in a tribute to the troops and taboo tuesday of that year as well and in 2006 they became friends again by reforming dx. This the MOST intense feud in history because they had great matches together and becasuse they sold it that well becuase this 2 are two of the best if no the best ever on the mic when it comes to selling a match or a storyline

This.

HBK-HHH rivalry was more than great. I almost forgot how close freinds they were in real life. They had classic matches, summerslam 02(street fight), armageddon 02(3 stages of hell), bad blood 2004(HIAC), survivor series 02(first ever EC match)...overall, it was a great rivalry, and it's the reason why i kept watching wwe after rock and austin left.

I'd have to go with Rock vs. HHH. These two battled for almost 2 years, all stemming from a vicious attack with a sledgehammer, back in the Corporate Ministry days. Although Rock's comedy really helped prolong it for as long as it went on, HHH more than did his part too as being a great heel, with our without DX or the McMahon-Helmsley faction.

I'll go with HHH vs Austin in 2001. They hated each other in 1999 when HHH won the title from Mankind and retained successfully against Austin via interference from The Rock. Austin returned the favor when he came back for one night at Backlash 2000 and helped Rock win the title against HHH. Things really got ugly when Austin found out that HHH was the man who had run him down during Survivor Series 1999. From then on Austin threw him from 20 feet in air while HHH was in a car. Then they went to screwing each other off title opportunities. Vince Mcmahon had to make a 60-day suspension clause in the contract for their match which stopped them from even touching each other before their match at No Way Out. So Austin responded by Stunning Stephanie while HHH pedigreed JR.

And then they went on to have their classic 2 out of 3 falls match at No Way Out where it seemed that they were legit tring to kill each other. What stands out about this feud is the performance put in by both the guys.

Their seemed to be legit hate between the two and that is why it was even more shocking when Triple H aligned with a freshly turned heel Austin on the night after Wrestlemania.

Right off the bat, there are two feuds that come to mind.

HHH/HBK

This feud was so good because it was so personal. It's no secret that both Shawn and Trips are good friends in real life, and respect each other highly. When Shawn was ready to come back to the wrestling business in 2002, he requested his return feud to be with Triple H. In fact, the feud with Triple H is probably the reason Shawn stuck around after that, because his love for the business was re-ignited. However, back on topic. With each one of their matches, you could feel the emotion pouring out of them. This was a feud that got you really excited to watch. It all starts when Triple H attacks Shawn in the parking lot, and Shawn goes on a manhunt to find out who attacked him. When he finds out that it was Triple H, he's shocked. Immediately, the crowd turns on Triple H, and then starts one of the greatest feuds of all time.

Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy

I think everybody knows this story by now. However, just the fact that it was taking something from both men's real lives, made it all that more intense. When the whole feud was starting out, Matt was still injured, and he was obviously depressed. He called in to Byte This to ask Lita why she did it. A few days later, he was fired. Just like with Bryan Danielson recently, the WWE crowd was fired up. They were so angry that Matt Hardy was fired. However, that was just the spark on what would go on to be a very intense feud between the two. After it was all said and done, Edge became a top star in the WWE. I think this feud is what helped him do that.

You all are forgetting the most famous feud in WWE history which started to get casual fans and WCW fans Austin-McMahon:worship:

also any feud involving Rock/Austin/HHH doesnt matter which 2 of the 3 were fighting :shrug:thumbsup:

But for me the Austin/Hart feud: in the ring they were stiff with each other and it was the changing of the guard (moving into the attitude era) their promos felt like true hate and it was the best mic work of Harts career which led to his great anti American mic work tell me something else you remember anything interesting to come out his mouth, but he was the times of the in ring worker days.
A long hot build up to the I Quit match where a bloody Austin would rather pass out than quit to keep the feud going and interesting.

I think the most intense feud in recent memory was Jericho vs HBK. The hate in this feud was so tangible that it was nearly uncomfortable to watch. Also, I'd like to give big props to Mrs. Hichenbottom for straight taking that punch at Summerslam.

But the most intense feud ever? I think there's a case to be made for Hart vs HBK, seeing as the lines of reality and fiction were so thoroughly blurred.

For me it's Macho King Randy Savage v Ultimate Warrior, the feud that culminated at Wrestle Mania VII in a unseen to that date career ending match. It started months before Mania when then WWE champ Ultimate Warrior refused to give a title shot to Macho King. Randy then cost him the title in revenge and Sgt Slaughter became the new champ. Then at Mania the match itself was one of the greatest i have seen from start to finish, Macho having a entrance in all his glory and Warrior for the first time not running to the ring realizing just how important that night was. Action did not stop throughout the match and Macho King even hitting 5 elbows of the top rope. Warrior was victorious in the end followed by Miss Elizabeth saving Randy from the wrath of Sensational Queen Sherry that saw many ppl cry in the audience. A truly epic moment. A great rivalry in my mind. Also, one more that i can think of is another with Randy Savage but this time with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. It had everything from marvelous promo work by both men, Jake slapping Miss Elizabeth, interrupting the wedding ceremony with Damien and if you remember Savage got bitten as well ( not in the ceremony itself but later). Awesome but i give a notch to the Warrior v Macho one simply cuz i think the ending match was better than one with Macho and Jake.

Cheers

Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho
I'll have to agree with NthDegree23.
While I don't believe it was The Most Intense Feud of All Time I do believe that it was sometimes uncomfortable to watch at some points in their feud. My biggest example has to be their Unsanctioned Match at No Mercy, I believe, 2008. I have never seen something so disturbing in my years of watching Professional Wrestling. Shawn Michaels in that match really played his part as a loose cannon out to just hurt the man who has hurt him. Chris Jericho did an amazing job with selling in this match as well. Big props to both men. Not only for that match, but the feud all together. The injured eye, involving Shawn Michaels' wife, Rebecca, in the feud, and the story told in both the matches and the microphone work. Like I said, it wasn't the most intense of all time it definitely deserves an mention.

i think its rey mysterio and Psychosis. not because it was bloody or they hated each other. But because they have super much history together, they trained together and worked all around the world. the most recent match they had was the ecw homecoming by wwe.
they had their 500th match!!!

There are a few candidates. There's always a lot of intensity when partners/friends/brothers turn on one another and they feud. We saw it with the Hart's in 94 and it worked tremendously. Also, relying on past experiences can work wonders as well, as seen in the Jericho/Michaels feud of 2008. They had previous history and Jericho and Michaels Exploited it to create a tremendous feud. But I think I've decided on what I'll say:

Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair: Sex, Lies & Photographs
[YOUTUBE]ZdhKeyxyA54[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Fiv2YHx6kP8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]qXdFhJNyL04&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]PBe7TrG7cn0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]kHPE5VqRE8I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]38s6Y9YiQZc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

The build-up for this was incredibly intense. Randy Savage was announced as #1 Contender for WrestleMania VIII, then Ric Flair began claiming that he knew something Savage didn't. It was dismissed as Flair plying mind-games, but things were revealed. These things were none-other than photos of Flair & Elizabeth together. Flair began to reveal that he and Elizabeth had a relationship prior to Savage. This drove Savage completely mad and it lead up to an incredible feud.

Now, all these are good feuds, but who could forget going back to 1996, the feud between Undertaker and Mankind. Boiler Room Brawl Match from Summerslam 96 which was also the 1st time Paul Bearer turned on Undertaker. What about the Casket Match? The Hell in a cell match from when he choskeslamed Mankind THROUGH the Roof, and threw him from the TOP of the Cell through the Announce Table, and also the Buried alive Match from I think it was Survivor Series 1997. (Correct me if Im wrong.) But yeah, if these two didn't demonstrate hatred towards one another, then I don't know what hatred is. But there's many others like Kurt vs. Triple H, when he kissed Stephanie, Faarooq and Ahmed Johnson, Edge and Lita, HHH and Shawn Michaels, and Austin and Vince, but Undertaker and Mankind really stands out clearly because of the gimmicks of both characters, and the hatred they had for one another.

brock/taker fued becos it was really personal paul heyman was involved so was takers wife sara she was pregnant at the time and vince was aswell so it was a really intense fued

Well, I'd have to say HBK/Hart, because of the legit bad blood between them. HBK took shots @ Hart's home land, he made the infamous "Sunny day" comment, he even desecrated the Canadian flag to a certain extent. And Hart took shots @ HBK's family & sexuality. Add to that the way the whole thing ended, and the fact that the bad blood continued for over a decade after their final match, and I don't think there are many feuds that can match the intensity of this one.

The Bret Hart / Shawn Michaels fued was interesting due to the fact that alot of their work stemmed from personal differences which got carried onto live TV. Whenever this happens in wrestling, its usually gold (look at Jeff Hardy / CM Punk's fued). Its just a shame that they didn't have a whole lot of matches though... but there was always genuine heat between those two guys.
The Rock's fued with Triple H was great, but too on/off. They created some quality matches though, Like their Ladder Match at Summerslam.
Though if I had to choose one fued to watch all over again, it would be HHH vs Michaels. The comeback street fight, the 3 stages of hell, and the last man standing bouts were all brilliant matches, combined with great spots and promos on a weekly basis.

I think it would have to be Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin... it actually got to a point that the two characters switched sides as far as who is the face and who is the heel. And that was only the beginning of it!!! The 2 weeks on raw where the hart foundation attacked stone cold and he attacked them were probably the best two weeks in the history of monday night raw... Stone cold popping out of the front seat of the ambulance to attack a helpless bret was insane.. I think that was definitely the most intense feud in WWE history. Second would be Bret and HBK, but I think first would go to Austin Hitman! Another good choice is Bret and Jerry Lawler (see a theme here, Bret was always great at creating the intense feuds) but that one was so long running it just seemed like they really hated each other.. It reminded me of Hogan and Heenan as Heenan ALWAYS was against hogan whether he was managing hogan's opponent or was an announcer he was always against hogan and that's how bret and jerry were, only they got to have some amazing matches and even brought in Isaac Yankem aka Kane into the mix

HHH vs shawn michaels in their unsactioned street fight a few years ago at SS best friends in real life yet i remember a few times forgetting that they were best friends in real life and just wanting shawn michaels to come out and just HHH up once and for all i really loved that feud and got sucked it into so bad that i wouldnt shut up and kept making promises like mowing the lawn for an entire month till my dad ordered it on ppv just for that match

HHH vs Booker t at wrestemania 19, this match had a lot of racial tension in with HHH saying people like Booker T would never be champion. They brought up alot of Booker's past into it and JR & King were always arguing what Triple H meant about people like Booker t. HHH was at his best and had mega heat and flair at his side. The match was one the best in both of their careers, they worked well together and had great psychology by working the Booker's leg and selling it well.

These two had great chemistry, i don't understand why they didn't have more encounters with each other. Well this is my opinion so take it how you want.

To pick one feud in particular that says it was the most intense would be like finding the needle in the haystack in the first five seconds. There have been so many feuds through out the history of wrestling that have helped make it through a particular year or era.

In my humble opinion it all dates back to the first rivalry in WCW with the 4-Horsemen and the faces in WCW such as Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A., The Road Warriors, and Sting. Let's face the facts, ever since the Horsemen all promotions have tried to put a faction together that could do what the Horsemen did.

I look though history, and another intense rivalry that comes to my mind was NwO vs WCW. People can say that it ruined WCW or it was the worst mistake WCW could do, BUT NwO vs WCW was the trigger that started the Monday Night Wars between then WWF and WCW.

Within that feud of NwO vs WCW was one of my favorite feuds, Sting vs Hogan which was built up nicely for almost an entire year. Everyone wanted to know what was Sting going to do next to NwO and Hogan.

Going back to WWE, When D-X consisted of HHH, X-Pac, Road Dog, Mr. Ass and they were in this war with the Nation of Domination.

Austin/McMan was in my opinion the BIGGEST and BEST just because of the ratings it drew into the world of wrestling. I mean who doesn't want to drink on their job, punch their boss, and raise as much Hell as they want. Watching Austin/McMan was the closest thing America and the world had to it.

During the Attitude Area also one more rivalry comes to mind and only takes three letters...TLC...Hardys/Dudleys/E&C put on a series of the best matches ever seen in any promotion ever.

Jake Roberts vs Rick Rude: This fued was so far ahead of anything wrestling had done. It blurred the lines of reality and had a genuine "shoot" feel. With a great idea, great wrestlers in their prime, the fued came across as personal and intense.

To recap the fued from 1998, Rick Rude was playing the perfect heel, who was so conceited over his perfect body and his good looks, he would bring up girls to the middle of the ring and "give them the greatest moment of thier life" and give them a kiss. He did this for an extended amount of time.

During Saturday morning superstars, Bobby Heenan and Rude picked another random chick to bring to the ring, but for the first time ever, the girl refused! It took a few moments but soon Rude realized the girl was Cheryl, the wife of Jake Roberts. Undaunted he still tried to convince her to kiss, which just turned into him verbally berating both her and her husband. She slapped him, and then he violently grabbed her wrist and again screamed at her until Jake ran back from the locker room in his street clothes to save her.

If you were at a bar or out in public and another man grabbed your girlfriend or wife's wrist and screamed at her, what would you do? Trust me, the situation would get ultra-intense.

So the WWF was bringing real-life family in for this angle and allowing her to get physically involved. Also at this point it was rare for a wrestler to be on TV without wrestling attire. So this fued alraedy had the feel of being unscripted.

Then Rude debuted a pair of long wrestling tights with Cheryl's face on them. So now Rude was blatently and publically promoting his intentions for your wife. Jake warned him if Rude wore the tights one more time, hell would break loose. And of course Rude did! True to his warning, Jake ripped the tights off, leaving rude completely naked.

They ended up wrestling 2 times that i can remember, once on SNME and at WM 4, with neither gaining a victory.

At the time i think the fued lasted a good 6 to 9 months.

I don't know the precise answer, as it's all up to opinion, but I surely liked the Bret Hart/Owen Hart rivalry, as well as the Austin/Hart rivalry when Stone Cold first broke out.

I think Austin/McMahon speaks for itself, but Michaels/Jannety was one I also enjoyed, too.

EDIT: to add to my original post, Jake/Savage was good, too. Anytime someone gets bitten by a cobra, that's pretty intense. :)

Jake Roberts vs Rick Rude: This fued was so far ahead of anything wrestling had done. It blurred the lines of reality and had a genuine "shoot" feel. With a great idea, great wrestlers in their prime, the fued came across as personal and intense.

To recap the fued from 1998, Rick Rude was playing the perfect heel, who was so conceited over his perfect body and his good looks, he would bring up girls to the middle of the ring and "give them the greatest moment of thier life" and give them a kiss. He did this for an extended amount of time.

During Saturday morning superstars, Bobby Heenan and Rude picked another random chick to bring to the ring, but for the first time ever, the girl refused! It took a few moments but soon Rude realized the girl was Cheryl, the wife of Jake Roberts. Undaunted he still tried to convince her to kiss, which just turned into him verbally berating both her and her husband. She slapped him, and then he violently grabbed her wrist and again screamed at her until Jake ran back from the locker room in his street clothes to save her.

If you were at a bar or out in public and another man grabbed your girlfriend or wife's wrist and screamed at her, what would you do? Trust me, the situation would get ultra-intense.

So the WWF was bringing real-life family in for this angle and allowing her to get physically involved. Also at this point it was rare for a wrestler to be on TV without wrestling attire. So this fued alraedy had the feel of being unscripted.

Then Rude debuted a pair of long wrestling tights with Cheryl's face on them. So now Rude was blatently and publically promoting his intentions for your wife. Jake warned him if Rude wore the tights one more time, hell would break loose. And of course Rude did! True to his warning, Jake ripped the tights off, leaving rude completely naked.

They ended up wrestling 2 times that i can remember, once on SNME and at WM 4, with neither gaining a victory.

At the time i think the fued lasted a good 6 to 9 months.

Kudos for bringing back some great memories, but you're 10 years off: that was 1988.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz2b0p8XPbM[/YOUTUBE]

For me, the most intense rivalry I've ever seen would have to be Edge and Matt Hardy, as some others have mentioned. I just remember being shocked to hear Matt call him Adam. Something so simple really jolted me out of my kayfabe frame of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back