• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz vs Edge Next Week On RAW

Long Island Iced WXYZ

Take care, spike your hair.
I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this yet. If there is, I must be blind.

As announced on RAW, next week we will have a Champion vs Champion match when The Miz (the WWE Champion) goes against Edge (the World Heavyweight Champion).

Now this makes sense and it makes no sense at the same time.

Let me explain.

It makes no sense to have two champions fight each other out of nowhere with no build up to it. But at the same time they need to keep The Miz busy until Royal Rumble and who's left that's relevant? No one. So they have to use Edge.

Like they did with Randy Orton and Ziggler tonight.

Now onto the match itself.

The Miz has got to win this match. I don't care if he has to cheat in the worst way possible to do it. But he has to.

It would help Miz far more than it would hurt Edge I think. And boy does Miz need it.

Miz needs to keep rolling. I still believe it was too soon to give him the title, but we're here now.

He's beaten: Lawler, Orton, Mysterio and Morrison (all with help mind you) so let him get the win.

Let Alex Reilly or whoever cause a distraction and then Miz rolls up Edge for a cheap victory.

I posted in another thread that I hate the way he's been booked so far as champion (he got pinned by a 60 year old Jerry Lawler!), so let him get a big victory over a 10 time champion and make him that much stronger.

What are your thoughts on the match next week?

What do you think will/should happen?

First time poster, i'll keep it short.

Can't see this match ending in any other way than a DQ or no contest.

Either Orton will interfere to attack Miz or Alex Riley could interfere on Miz's behalf to which Orton will come down and beat on both Miz and Riley.

That's my two cents anyway!

All I know is that This is happening in Detroit, MI... and I should be there front row, but instead I am stationed in Japan having to watch it on TV :(

I really would like The Miz to get a clean victory here. To show that the WWE championship is superior to the WHC.

Either way, I hope this sets up for a Title vs Title match at WM, combining the titles into an Undisputed Championship.

this match is happening because (to my knowledge) it has never happened before, same thing with Ziggler and Orton. WWE is on a roll right now and every week they are giving us great matches and they are continuing to do so with this match

Who should win? like the poster said its gotta go to the Miz but i disagree that it should be a cheap win, thats all the Miz has gotten since he's been champ are cheap wins! he needs to come out strong here and i believe he should get the clean win

Who will when? im still going with the Miz, tho he may not win clean i do believe he walks away with the win here and the win at the rumble

Can't see this match ending in any other way than a DQ or no contest.

Either Orton will interfere to attack Miz or Alex Riley could interfere on Miz's behalf to which Orton will come down and beat on both Miz and Riley.

That's my two cents anyway!

I think that will happen too. But I hope not! Miz really could use this win over Edge to keep him rolling.

I really would like The Miz to get a clean victory here. To show that the WWE championship is superior to the WHC.

Don't worry, The WWE Championship is worth more than the World Heavyweight Championship regardless of who wins next week.

And I'd rather not see a clean victory by the Miz. Edge is a fan favorite so by him stealing one it brings more heat on him.

Either way, I hope this sets up for a Title vs Title match at WM, combining the titles into an Undisputed Championship.

Interesting idea however the Royal Rumble is coming up, so they'd have to work the winner into it.

How about Riley quickly interferes and him and Miz start beating down Edge, when Orton's music hits, to a HUGE pop. They beatdown Riley and Miz, and Rated RKO reunites for one night. It would be pretty cool to watch.

Who should win? like the poster said its gotta go to the Miz but i disagree that it should be a cheap win, thats all the Miz has gotten since he's been champ are cheap wins! he needs to come out strong here and i believe he should get the clean win

I think you're forgetting that if Miz steals one here, it brings more heat onto him and gets Edge the babyface sympathy.

I don't understand why some people want heels to ge clean victories. I mean, if it's someone like Sheamus sure (his size) but Miz is aveage looking so it makes sense for him to cheat.

... the win at the rumble

Agreed.

This match is going to be awesome, and its going to be a great main event with great wrestlers. Now what I see is that this match is going to end up either in a QD or Ziggler and Orton will end up interfering. That's pretty much what might happen.

Isn't this the last raw before the RR? I can see this ending one way and that's a run in by either one or both number one contenders. Or possible somebody else running in and attacking edge to make a statement. It should be a good match though bar the ending of it. I haven't seen these two in a match together but It should be good. I always like it when they have champion vs Champion matches. But I think if it is a clean finish Edge will win seeing it's likely that the main reason they're having this match is to get more viewers to smackdown.

I think a win for The Miz would hurt Edge more than it would benefit Miz. Miz is being billed as a loser, he hasn't been able to win a match cleanly since he beat John Morrison, and he's been pinned by Jerry Lawler twice. Edge, on the other hand, would look good reversing a Skull Crushing Finale into an Edgecution, and then hitting a spear on Miz for the win. After that, The Miz and Riley can team up to blind side Edge, and Orton can come out for the save. Riley gets speared, Miz gets an RKO, and the frenemies stand tall in the ring on the last RAW before they Royal Rumble.

What if both number one contender's intefere either in the beginning or mid-match when all of a sudden an email or Teddy Long comes out and then makes it a tag team match and Boom! Rated RKO reunion?

I think like Sparky said, the primary reason they're having this match is because this Monday's Raw is the go home show to the Royal Rumble. They're putting both World Champions against each other as part of a final push for these two matches at the Royal Rumble.

I have no doubt that this match will end in a DQ or a no contest because a loss for Miz or Edge simply don't do them any favors at all. The idea is to give a final hype for the two World Championship matches so I fully expect the #1 contenders, Randy Orton & Dolph Ziggler respectively, to get involved in this match. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Miz or Randy Orton or maybe both make an appearance on SmackDown! this Friday as well.

So yeah, I think it makes perfect sense. It should be a good, competitive match in which both champs look strong without either of them having to lose to the other so that they don't look inferior or lose steam between Monday and the Rumble.

Whilst i agree with the posts saying A Miz win is pretty much a necessity leading into the rumble, i don't see this ending clean, or at all.

I see 2 things happening: 1. Miz gets DQ for outside interference, whether that is from Riley or Dolph attacking Edge, i can see this happening.

2. Should Dolph/Riley get The Miz DQ and proceed to beat down Edge, Orton runs out and the GM rules a tag match with Rated RKO reuniting against Miz and Riley or Miz and Dolph.

I can see the WWE screwing this one up and giving Edge the win. Now, people might think I'm talking stupid, but if Edge wins, it just makes Miz look weaker. Again. What we need is for The Miz to win cleanly. Have the biggest win of his Title Reign right there, putting a statement onto what he's been saying about beating Orton. To be honest, Edge can afford to look a little bit weaker going into his title match, 'cos he's against Dolph Ziggler. Miz on the other hand is against Orton, and he needs to really look good going into the Rumble. Worst case scenario is that Orton beats Miz at RR, Miz wins the Rumble somehow, then goes after Orton and the circle starts again. Let Miz beat Edge on Monday and Orton at RR, and Edge lost on Monday, and beat Ziggler.

The problem with these Champion vs Champion matches is that you risk making one of your champions and their title look weak. And you don't want to do that.

I think they'll do a double dq or a countout to protect both guys. Miz getting pinned by Edge would be disastrous; how much more can he take?

Everyone here keeps saying that "a loss to so and so will make him look weak. We can't let that happen." I hate to break it to you, but there tend to be a winner and a loser in most matches. Sure there's always the possibility of a DQ or whatever, but usually no one looks good then. The fact of the matter is that is other ways to build people up than just winning matches. The Miz is being billed as lowlife cheater and a weak champion. Nobody likes that. It's what being a heel is all about. There is any number of ways this match could end, but I see Edge and Orton coming out on the better end of it.

I have to disagree with the OP here. This match does make sense. It's just build up for both champions heading into the Royal Rumble. They did the same with Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler over on Smackdown. If anything it's hyping up both championship matches without already seeing the same match that's booked on the card for the Royal Rumble on TV for free. In theory, it's giving everybody abit of steam heading into the Rumble, despite who comes out on top.

I'm going to have to agree with, Jack-Hammer when he said that a loss for Edge or The Miz won't do any good for either of them. The last thing you want is to be the champion and look weak going into one of the biggest and most important pay-per-views of the year. The champions are supposed to go into the pay-per-view looking strong and strike fear into the eyes of their respective challengers.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Raw as always.

This match makes sense because of the way that they are doing the Rumble. The Royal Rumble PPV usually has 4/5 matches plus the rumble itself. This one, so far has only both world titles plus the rumble match, and as a result they have to promote in a big way the title matches. Although I do believe that Cena and Punk are going to pull a double duty and maybe the divas title match between Melina and Nattie will happen, but either way they are not going to have much time to promote those 2 matches in the Rumble.
Establishing that I can only see this match going one of two ways:
- Edge wins or
- Riley interferes and they put rated RKO vs Miz and Riley later on the night (eventually Riley could be Ziggler).

I agree with the original poster about Miz needing to win this. He's had to beat around the bush the past few weeks becasuse there hasn't been anyone for him really face. This is why I'm not against the brands coming back together, but that's a talk for another day. As far as the match goes, it's still pretty cool to see champ vs champ and I'm sure with Raw so focused on the main event for the most part or the Nexus angle.

Miz and Edge are both good on the stick and I'm sure they can talk some trash or have a short build up as long as the match is the last one for the night. Edge has been on quite the roll as well as Miz, but a loss surely won't hurt the Rated R Superstar. Miz just needs this win. Cheat if he has to I don't care, but Miz needs this momentum.

I understand that when they used to do Champion vs Champion vs Champion it could be worked through because the ECW Champion could always lose.

But the WWE Champion versus the World Heavyweight Champion?
How could it end without either making one champion look weaker or having an interference?
Let's face it, The Miz can't keep winning by interference, and Edge could do with some momentum.

How would you make the Champion vs Champion work?
I can't really see a positive outcome from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back