The Miz and New Nexus: whats the connection

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
so tonight at the royal rumble new nexus caused orton to loss the wwe title match and miz to retain the wwe title. my only question with this is why? how are miz and the new nexus connected? why would punk want to give a gts to orton and screw him over? why would punk care who wins this match?

i just realized i placed this thread in the wrong section. my bad. could someone please move this to the raw section. thanks

I think this all sets up Orton/Punk at Wrestlemania. If the rumors are true then Punk and Orton are supposed to face off and Cena/Miz for the WWE Championship. I could see Miz and Nexus vs Cena and Orton in a short feud for a month then before Mainia Punk/Orton and Miz/Cena will feud seperately. At least that's what I think because why else would they attack Orton?

Orton had his cronies take out Punk before the Championship Scramble at Unforgiven 08 and now at the Rumble 11, Punk has his cronies take out Orton to cost him the title.

It all unfolds on Mania now and Punk and Miz seemingly switch rivals.

Really? No major payoff for Nexus/Punk and Cena?

I think him going all Super Cena & eliminating (basically) all the members is the pay off. So glad he didn't win, don't think I could have stomached him squashing The Nexus AND winning!

But yeah, this sets up Orton/Punk at WM, freeing up Cena & Miz to clash too, as everyone else has said.

Well at the slammys Punk talked about someone who "wronged" him and as previously mentioned Orton took Punk out of his title match, so Punk was just repaying the favor.

Gunna throw it out there but should it be ruled out that maybe there could be a fatal four way?

Not likely though just i kinda hope that most of the card isnt one on one matches.

Going back I suspect that its probably punk just getting revenge over Orton for unforgiven 08. There was never any previous retribution so i cant see why not.

Funny thing is in another thread, I said that was going to happen, and no one believed me.

Cena I can see winning it, however. With the talk of Cena Vs. Miz (especially after their promo on Raw), and Orton Vs. Punk, what I could see happening is Nexus getting involved with Orton Vs. Miz (thus Miz becoming co-leader of Nexus) at RR, thus setting up Orton Vs. Punk at Mania, and Cena wins the Rumble, setting up Cena Vs. Miz.

Thinking about it a little further, maybe Randy Orton was the person that Punk was referring to in his Slammy speech, about the person who wronged him? As stated by y2straightedge, Orton had Punk taken out at Unforgiven 08, thus costing him a shot at the WWE Title.

CM Punk mentioned at the Slammy Awards that there is an individual who has wronged him. On WZ forums, the IWC has speculated it to be Randy Orton, myself included because of what happened at Unforgiven 2008 where Randy Orton and Legacy attacked CM Punk and Randy punted him, forcing the World Champion CM Punk to forfeit his championship prior to the Championship Scramble match later that night.

I dont think there is any connection between Miz and Nexus. But Orton vs Punk should be a good feud for this year's WrestleMania.

I'm surprised that they would just end the Punk/Cena program that quickly. I liked it, too.

By the way, did anyone else think that it was a mistake for Orton to be in the Rumble match? It sort of neglected what Punk did to him earlier if he had another chance and still loss. The last image of Orton should have been Punk screwing him over.

@Alucard316 I think the WWE did a lot wrong and a lot wrong this PPV ...

What you've mentioned is one of them, filling the spots with Ziggler and Orton I thought was a waste of a Rumble spot and took away from their title matches. It basically meant that there was just one massive extended match rather than two title matches and the rumble.. It cheapened the title matches and made them just a 'oh well i've lost, Rumble time' .

Back onto topic though. I still think this could have been done later on. Cena Vs CM Punk had BARELY started.. I don't get the ending to the fued, where is it ?

There isn't one. Punk wants to get back at Orton, as others have mentioned. The WWE has set up Orton/Punk & Cena/Miz for Wrestlemania. And, based on the finish of the rumble, a 3rd match from Smackdown. But I don't want to post a spoiler, so I won't mention it.

You all seem to forget is the miz cena orton and punk were all gonna be in the elimination chamber anyways. They had to put orton back in everyone expected triple h so he couldn't be there.

If The Miz joins the New Nexus it would make little sense. I don't get why they helped him and why Miz helped eliminate Cena, but that's the point. It is more motivation to watch Raw tomorrow night. If Miz joins the Nexus I think it shows he cannot stand alone as a main event guy, and it would take away from CM Punk as the leader.

Punk is getting revenge from 08, eye for eye storyline. I'm sure between now and mania orton vs miz will face off in a cage match. Why? Keeps nexus and Riley out and miz in. Cena will face punk. Miz and cena are the biggest media moguls in wrestling today. The build up to their ME will be epic, counting on the fact miz holds the belt past EC. Vince jizzes every time he hears Tht cena and miz are on tlk shows and espn. Miz might have a temporary alliance with nexus til WM. Same with orton/cena thts as far as I see this storyline going.

Where is the ending of Punk/Cena!!!!!!!

Let me tell you where it is ELIMINATION CHAMBER!!!!!!!!

Why, oh why!!! Would they have CM Punk attack Orton? Why would they "Leave" the End of CM Punk/John Cena open? It's called this little match that has 6 people in it that happens on the next PPV... you know the one right before WrestleMania? It's called a slow build up for the Mania matches... You stir the pot leading up to elimination chamber END the current feuds of Orton/Miz and Punk Nexus/Cena all while already jump starting the feuds for mania. The WWE has been taking this Long story road as of late and I have noticed the IWC seriously can't handle it... For the love of god it's wrestling and they are FINALLY Closing out a situation that started in 2008... This is 2011.
They have a long standing cast, they have intertwined storyline's, It is called advanced PG era writing aka making you step back and look at the entire picture of past, present, and speculations into the future in order to see what is going on. Everyone thought when they did nothing with it right then and there back in 08 that the WWE was dumb. It's called one of those moments that you can put in your back pocket and when you want to unleash the beast you can finish the storyarc. Fun thing is Punk is going to walk out of a revenge angle that he deserved more over as a heel than the face that he was when he was attacked...

Cena/Punk/Nexus is NOT over...it did NOT end at the Rumble. Who says the New Nexus cant feud with another superstar too. Remember we are on the Road to Wrestlemania now so feuds will be amped up and feuds will have superstars will be 3 or 4 deep.

I disagree with everyone about Ziggler and Orton in the rumble...I rather see them then the spot be used for Doink the Clown or Sargent Slaughter or some other has been legend. And NO Nash and Booker DO NOT count in that category.

The Rumble is a chance for any superstar to win a shot at ANY championship, just like the MITB...so how can you say the losers of the title matches could not be in it? Usually in the past the WWE title match is the last match on the card. If Edge or Miz had lost their titles, they too would've been in the Rumble.

IMO it is because at elimination chamber either punk or ortan will win the wwe championship. i think at e/c the match will be cena, ortan, punk, morrision, miz and sheamus who are all championship worthy. if punk or ortan wins it could lead to a great match at WRESTLEMAINIA!!

the elimination chamber allows them to blend these feuds a little more. i fully expect a cena/orton v. punk/miz tag match to main event a RAW in the coming weeks. i do think it all feels rushed and don't like how they are seemingly ending the cena/punk feud, but they can always come back to it after mania.

I do not believe Nexus has anything to do with the miz. It was just a coincidence that he was facing the miz. CM Punk wants Orton, thats it. Hopefully because orton cost punk his first wwe title ever. Revenge

I see no connection with the Miz and New Nexus. An Orton/Punk feud seems to be in the works and Punk costing Orton the match is the start of that. The rest of New Nexus was simply there to be a distraction so Punk can hit the GTS.

CM Punk just wanted to make Orton loose the title.There is no connection between Th Miz and The New Nexus.
Anyways,Wad Barret/The Corre vs CM Punk/New Nexus would be good to watch at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back