The Mick Foley Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Stephenie McMahon has been a great on-screen heel female boss. Vickie Guerrero does it to perfection as a GM. Dixie Carter could be utilized in a similar capacity, too. I think using the real-life situation to gain on-screen heat would be a smart move -- when the time is right. With the introduction of Hogan looming just days away, now is not the time though.

She is too HOT to become the Mcmahon of TNA. There are already to many characters on Impact. After Jan 4th, there are going to be so many surprises that the world around us is going to be spinning.

I am not interested in seeing anymore non-wrestlers become characters. Wrestling has overdone it and enough is enough. One thing I like about TNA's authority role is that they're all active wrestlers or former wrestlers. They could build up to a match and have a match. Dixie cannot do that and I hated it when the McMahons were in the ring wrestling and taking up precious tv time and PPV spots from real active wrestlers. I do not think Dixie should be in the mix. The most they should do is refer to Dixie but that is all.

She is too HOT to become the Mcmahon of TNA. There are already to many characters on Impact. After Jan 4th, there are going to be so many surprises that the world around us is going to be spinning.

I don't think the issue is being attractive. Stephanie McMahon Helmsley played a pretty good GM-owner as a member of the McMahon-Helmsley Alliance, or whatever the Hell it was in 2000. Granted, her run as ECW GM wasn't that great, but that was more because of what she was working with. No one wanted to see her as ECW GM, because she had nothing to do with ECW.

Anyway, the fact is, the problem with Dixie is that she has no personality. At all. She's about as interesting as watching Dung Beetles gathering food. She hasn't been on air personality at all, and she doesn't have a defined character to portray. Certain wrestlers can pull of the look of "talent", because they have strong on air personalities. Plus, they grew up in the business, and know what it means to be a talent. Read: Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, and the aforementioned Vince. All of them were on air personalities before they ran their respective companies, and were able to learn from the absolute best. Dixie, meanwhile, just doesn't have that same ability in her. She is pretty new to the business, and while you can give her good material, she still just doesn't have any experience as an on air personality. And that would be a huge weakness trying to portray a character.

In short, no.

Last night was either the beginning of the end, or the beginning of a new beginning. That makes sense, I know it does.

Foley started out barred from the building, and then shoved his way in, and then got jumped by the nWo-wannabes. I'm guessing the idea is out-with-the-old, in-with-the-new, meaning Foley will either be heading back to Vince, or he'll be falling in line alongside Jarrett, and working as a full-time wrestler.

I'm not sure what he wants, so there's no idea on where this is going, but they've made it a must-see segment for TNA.

I personally don't get this angle at all. Why would Foley want to go against Hulk Hogan? Why not work with Hogan to better the company?

Anyway, that angle at the end of show has me anxiously awaiting next Thursday. If leads to Foley gone from the company, then I believe he'll be done with wrestling completely and finally fully retire.

If he should however go back to wrestling full time, I cannot see a place on the card for him other then to constantly be opposing Hogan, maybe in a tandem with Jeff " You've got no stroke " Jarrett.

No matter what happens I hope Foley sticks around for a while, as some of his stuff has been fairly entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back