The Mick Foley Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Over the past few weeks on IMPACT, Mick Foley, whether he's doing a back stage segment, a promo from his office, or in the ring, has been voicing his displeasure on not being well informed on the Hulk Hogan signing. During the segment between Abyss/Foley and Dr.Stevie and Raven, Raven poked fun at Foley for not having the authority to book the match between them. Foley went on to say he didn't need Dixie's authority to book matches.

Now I'm wondering, where might this be going? Foley has mentioned Dixie's name a couple of times already, and week by week he seems more pissed off every time the subject is brought up, whether he's doing a promo or guest commentary with Tenay and Tazz. Then there was that deal made between Nash and Foley last night on IMPACT, where Foley would pay Nash the money he lost from his 2 week suspension, and in return, Nash would give him the down-low on what the Hulkster will do once he arrives in TNA.

It seems to me that the seeds for a major storyline are being quietly planted. I'm also wondering, will Dixie make another appearance on TV to be involved in this potential storyline? Will she have a role in this if it takes place?

I wonder if this is all leading up to a showdown between Dixie/Hogan vs. Foley with Foley playing the babyface "TNA" guy and Dixie/Hogan the evil "suits." I really hope not, as we've been down this road before with heel Vince vs. Stone Cold years ago and even more recently with the Main Event Mafia re-tread. Would be lame.

Whatever they are about to do, I hope they some how incorporate some young talent in there as the face or heel. I don't want to see Foley v Hogan...Ughhh Please if your going to put Hogan in a match, do it with somebody that can at least hide his flaws. No disrespect to Foley, and although on the mic and backstage segments would be quite compelling, Foley wouldn't be able to carry Hogan.

My guess was that they were going to try and bring Hogan in as perhaps a Face (just to debut), and then almost instantly turn him Heel. Plus, I see them definitely doing a Heel Authority Role with him as well, in so far as holding younger talent down.

However, with Hogan being brought in for this role, Foley has definitely got to go. It simply will not work with Foley as a partial owner ... mostly because pretty much everyone realizes that it's BS and that it isn't true. There are conflicting reports put on the Net about Hogan actually being given control and partial ownership in the company, and I think this is actually BS reports leaked by TNA for purposes of storyline, to make everyone think Hogan is coming in and going to be on a powertrip.

The more you believe the angle to be true, the more effective it is.

And on television, they are stating very bluntly that Hogan is "Partnering with Dixie Carter", when in reality, I think that is only said for purposes of setting up this storyline.

But as far as Foley goes, it certainly looks like they are in the process of getting rid of him now. I would definitely agree that you see the seeds of a major storyline in the works, that is in its early stages right now.

Once again, props to Vince Russo for setting this up and laying the groundwork for a massive storyline. The man knows how to write television.

I cannot wait for the outcome of this potentially great storyline. All of Nash's promos have made me very intrigued in this. I am hoping that either A) Bischoff bought Foley out or B ) Hogan bought Foley out and they make Foley leave or go nuts. While this is all in play though, I see Raven and Stevie still in the mix with Abyss and potentially Foley. So, my guess, would be the latter, Foley goes insane, and turns more Cactus Jack-like again.

One thing though is that I am not sure Hogan could really play an authority figure so well. Unless they have him be a cocky, arrogant heel like he was with the nWo. I just don't see it though, with all this build, it seems like they want him to be a face, but who knows with TNA, anything is possible.

remember when the rock returned from hollywood as a heel because he thought he was better than everyone else. Seems like a good angle to bring in Hogan under

I really hope they don't turn Hogan Heel.

I just don't think it would work really, not at this stage in his career.

But the Foley/Hogan/Carter situation could be very interesting.

It could be a very intriguing power struggle with great segments and promos from everyone.

I'd like to see Hogan vs Foley. I think we are all agreed it wouldn't exactly be Funk vs Brisco but I think it could make a pretty intense match!

I look forward to seeing where this is all leading!

I wouldn't mind seeing Hogan come in as heel or face. I think an authority power trip hasn't been done in TNA for a while (Not since I have been watching) The 'authority' figures in the last few years have been Cornette, Jarrett and Foley who were all Faces.

I wouldn't mind seeing Foley and Abyss vs Hogan and Nash, I think that would work better than a singles match between Foley and Hogan.

The way Nash is talking, it's becoming clear that Bischoff is the other guy, and that he's taking over as the "commissioner" of the show, or whatever unofficial official title it is Foley has.

But, it also sounds like they're bringing in the nWo, and I'd be pissed. It died a long time ago, and an attempt at reviving it was awful. The MEM was good for what it was, and should be left at that. All of this surrounding Hogan is just pissing me off...

But, it also sounds like they're bringing in the nWo, and I'd be pissed. It died a long time ago, and an attempt at reviving it was awful. The MEM was good for what it was, and should be left at that. All of this surrounding Hogan is just pissing me off...

I agree completely. The way Nash was talking, I just had the feeling that Bischoff is this other guy and the "band" getting back together just immediately brings the nWo to mind. They won't be able to use the nWo name, but we'll all know exactly what it is. Now, this is just how it sounds, I'm hoping that this isn't what they have in mind at all. If it is, however, then my interest in TNA is going to plummet quickly.

I'm starting to wonder if we will see Mick get humiliated during Hogan's arrival. For the past few weeks, there have been plenty of wrestlers questioning Foley's poisition of power, and he's been made out to look weak at times.

Maybe Jeff Jarrett will join Hogan? After that phone conversation, Jarrett sounded pissed off, and he also sounded like he wanted revenge on him. Jarrett joining Hogan would be something worth looking forward to.

The problem with Jarrett joining Hogan is that it doesn't leave anyone for Mick to side with were this to evolve into a Hogan & The New Change v. Foley & Stay the Course.

While I'm not denying the potential for it to happen, I am questioning the reasoning were it to, unless Mick begins to develop a better faction of supporters.

This week left me scratching my head concerning Foley...

He wanted Jarrett to come back and "right the ship", but Jarrett spent the whole time trying to get his roster spot back, and talking to Dixie and Angle. Foley is left in purgatory it seems, with a match at Final Resolution, and then nothing for 3 weeks until January 4th.

Maybe Foley will lose his executive share holder position. With the way everything is going, I don't see Foley fitting into any of the storylines.The Jarrett/Angle thing is VERY personal, so it wouldn't make sense for him to get involved in that. And as far as Hogan coming to TNA, I don't think he's going to be involved in a war with Foley over power because with Jarrett's return, it seems like that battle will be between him and Jarrett.

So it seems the creative idea is for Foley and Jarrett to play heels to Dixie, Hogan and Kurt. To me this makes little to no sense.

Jarrett founded the company and is just trying to hold on to what he started. Right away this makes Dixie and Hogan appear to be the big wigs trying to take out the little guy. Also the whole Jarrett/Kurt angle (No pun intended) makes Kurt come across as a cry-baby. Sure Jarrett got with his ex. Surely he doesn't need to form an alliance with Dixie. Karen is a grown woman and should be able to date who she wishes. This just to me makes Kurt seem to be the heel, a whiny heel.

So quite honestly, I am not sure how they plan to make Jarrett and Foley heels, it just doesn't seem to be panning out that way for me. I already view Hogan as a heel. Creative isn't handling this angle very well in my eyes. Thoughts?

I find it incredibly goofy that they have Jarrett and Foley as heels if for no other reason, the fans are not stupid and honestly no one wants to really cheer for Hogan. I don't really get the "association" that Angle has with Hogan, but since Hogan's running the show, I suppose it's in his best interest to allign himself with someone of Angle's caliber in order to shy away from his noticable lacks. Furthermore, Foley should not be a heel. The fans like cheering him and booing Hogan. If TNA really wanted to get to the WWE, they'd have Hogan debut as a heel, completely rip into the fans for hating him no matter what he's done for them over the years, THEN have one of the 3 remaining men be with him. But it's Hogan and obviously he doesn't get this isn't the WWF and it isn't 1984 anymore.

This is Hogan at work all ready. He wants people to cheer for him, he wants the spotlight, and to be the ultimate Babyface. But Using Jeff and Foley as heels makes no sense what so ever. Angle has proved for the majority of his pro wrestling career that he can be a great heel (wheather it is the ingnortant Kurt from WWE, or just the straight up dick from TNA). And Iv'e never been able to boo mick foley. Seroiusly the man was Dude Love.......Dude Love. haha no but honestly seeing foley as a heel is just weird.

Horrible horrible idea. I'm sure glad that i'm going to RAW the 4th. Foley has more face/heel turns in TNA then the damn Duddly's. This is just to get Hogan the main spotlight of course. Infact i already called Hogan/Foley in a match when i first heard about him coming to TNA. I think that this won't play out for long as the fans love Foley and JJ just as much or even more than Hogan.

Well, this is either going to go one of two ways.

1.) Terrible booking will cause the fans to not understand what is going and think that Hogan is a heel.
2.) Great booking will lead the fans to cheer on Hogan and end in a great night.

At first I was agreeing with most of the posts here, but then I remembered how good of a heel JJ plays, and think it might actually be a good idea. Jeff was one of the most hated guys in TNA at one point. He had so much heat, and Foley has dabbled as a heel as well. I can see JJ and Foley being a heel team, and think it would work very well with a Hogan/Angle face thing going on. Either way, all of these guys have something going for them, either great skills or great charisma, so no matter what we are in for a treat. :]

So it seems the creative idea is for Foley and Jarrett to play heels to Dixie, Hogan and Kurt. To me this makes little to no sense.

Jarrett founded the company and is just trying to hold on to what he started. Right away this makes Dixie and Hogan appear to be the big wigs trying to take out the little guy. Also the whole Jarrett/Kurt angle (No pun intended) makes Kurt come across as a cry-baby. Sure Jarrett got with his ex. Surely he doesn't need to form an alliance with Dixie. Karen is a grown woman and should be able to date who she wishes. This just to me makes Kurt seem to be the heel, a whiny heel.

So quite honestly, I am not sure how they plan to make Jarrett and Foley heels, it just doesn't seem to be panning out that way for me. I already view Hogan as a heel. Creative isn't handling this angle very well in my eyes. Thoughts?

I can see why they're making Jarrett the Heel.... Do the names "Edge", "Matt Hardy", and "Lita" ring a bell to you?

Look, they're going to base this feud off the real life situation between Kurt, Jeff, and Karen. The belief is that Jeff tore Kurt's family apart, and ruined his relationship with Karen. At least, that's how TNA is going to book this thing. Never mind that whole "Sojourner Bolt" situation. But I digress. If they are going down this route, than it's perfectly justifiable for Jeff at least to be playing the heel.

Mick? He's playing off the fact that he and Jeff are good friends in real life. And good friends always stick up for their friends, even when they're in the wrong. See, this is my issue with Vince Russo booking; he assumes his audience all read the dirt sheets, and that they are the IWC. Some of the fans may not even know why Jeff apologized to Kurt. However, that doesn't matter to Vinnie Ru. He expects that you know all the dirt before the wrestlers do, and he books accordingly. And I just don't agree with it

I say that in the sense that they could potentially use her as the mega-heel.

Now I read somewhere that they may use Jarett's return as a way of bringing Hogan back in as the face as well as Kurt Angle to take on the heel faction of Jarrett and Mick Foley.

Now if what has been rumored becomes a reality it all seems a bit backwards to me. Everyone knows about the issues between Double J and Kurt Angle, and for the most part, a lot of people sympathise with how Jarrett was pushed out of the company because of Angle's drawing ability. Now in this position do they not have leverage in the sense that they could use this real life situation to draw heat on Dixie and Angle for shutting out TNA's founder? Much like Vince McMahon and the whole Bret Hart thing.

Its just an idea I was thinking about, and it couldn't hurt the product. I know the whole 'owner being the mega-heel' thing has been done to death, but with the real life ramifications of this situation, it seems like they could really go somewhere with it, instead of crapshooting the whole idea completely. Anyone else agree?

It is all a bit camp if you ask me. Hogan and Angle both scream "Heel". Dixie however appears too innocent and I have serious doubts of her ever pulling in 'McMahon Heat'. She just doesn't fit the part of villain. If anything I would prefer to see her side with Foley and Jarrett. As I really can not buy Hogan and Angle as faces.

I know the whole 'owner being the mega-heel' thing has been done to death, but with the real life ramifications of this situation, it seems like they could really go somewhere with it, instead of crapshooting the whole idea completely. Anyone else agree?

Maybe.... but as Panic Switch pointed out, Dixie does not exactly have the look of a mega-heel. I'm sure that if they did the segment correctly then she could get some heel heat for the Jarrett situation seeing as though she made it to where the founder of the federation had to leave for a while....

I think the only reason she is a face in this storyline is because of Hogan. Hogan should debut as a face, it's better for the company. Now, if Hogan wasn't involved.... then it would make sense for Dixie and Angle to be the heels while Foley and Jarrett are faces. Hogan IS involved though, and that's why Dixie is a face. We know that Angle can play a face, as well as both Foley and Jarrett being able to play heels, and we ALL know Hogan can play a face.... so all of that cancels out Dixie playing a face when she would fit better as a heel due to the reality of this story, Jarrett the founder coming back, etc.

In the future though, it could be interesting to see her in a role similar to Mr McMahon on Impact. Sure I agree that heel bosses have been done so often, but not as much by women. It would be somewhat different because those heel bosses have almost always been men. Maybe after this storyline with Hogan has calmed down Dixie can turn heel and act as a heel boss onscreen, I'd be interested in that because it'd be different and she might be able to pull it off if they do it correctly.

Not sure how TNA will run with this situation with Jeff/Angle, WWE used the whole Matt/Lita/Edge situation a while back where they actually got rid of Matt to fix the problem when Edge and Lita screwed around in real life and then brought back Matt and had a storyline about it.

British Bulldogs, for what I heard had problems back stage, had a match against each other and it got physical where Davey Boy Smith Punched out dinamite Kid.

How far will Dixie go for ratings, what line will she not cross as we have seen Vince cross many of them will Dixie start using many angles for ratings or draw a line.

Angle and Kurt having real life stuff will they be able to work together professionally or ended up exploding on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back