The Manic Depressive Corner

I'm not American enough to tell you my problems, but I do know depressive well.

This man sums this thread up

Richeyedwards1.jpg

When others die around me, it makes me just miserable. Just the fact that it's unfair.

My QB Coach, Perry, died a month ago. A few weeks back, I was asked to speak at the funeral because he was close to my family. He had coached my dad and my uncles and he was a great man. Well, ironically enough, as popular as I was and am, I have issues with my confidence and self-esteem. You could never tell, but it always lingers. I HATE speaking in front of people, and I told Coach Perry this once, so he forced me to speak at a luncheon in front of scouts, players, coaches, it was scary as hell for me. His reasoning behind it was that during football games, I motivated the team and just became "someone different." Well, after I spoke at the funeral his wife came up to me and told me some seemingly random story about how he had to speak at a book club meeting weeks before he died. Turns out, he was just as scared as I was of public speaking, but he told her that, "He made Sam do it, so he felt it was just his duty."

I don't know why, but I cannot get that out of my head. It has had a profound impact on me... Knowing that I made difference in his life, however trivial it was.

There's my sappy story for the year.

This makes sense with your RP. Makes the actual RP better now.

I want to do a charity that raises awareness of the likes of depression and bi-polar. It's more than "cheer up" more than "you look fine" more than "stop being an emo ***" and more than "there's starving people in Africa" and the more people who understand that the better.

Aye. I lost my mom to cancer in September. She was my rock, my best friend. Its been bothering the hell outta me. I keep wanting to ask her for advice, but she's not there. Fuck Cancer.

I've been reduced to tears from some stuff before. And stupid teenage issues too, I hate to see what I do when real life hits me. For some reason this song always makes me think deeply, and I don't know why.

[YOUTUBE]JQYJRw4R4-Q[/YOUTUBE]

That's not depression, that's called feeling sad.

Seeing all of you sad makes me sad :(.

I'll admit I've had and still have some mild depression and it's not over teenage issues. I have broken down and cried and I kinda am ashamed to admit that. I would open up more about it, but this (The Cage) wouldn't be the correct place to do it in because I know certain assholes will turn around and try to use it against me.

When I get sad, I buy something new to make myself feel better. Hence why I have several bookcases full of DVDs and Blu-rays.

That's not depression, that's called feeling sad.

I've experienced both, I know the difference. I also had a time period last year where if I was stupid enough to do it, I would've harmed kids at my school. Seriously harmed. I'm thankful I'm over that now.

At times I feel my life is shitty and this song sums up how I feel

[YOUTUBE]rADqAIjORhA[/YOUTUBE]

True, but a 3 and half year relationship ending sucks major ass no matter what. Especially when everyone expects you to just move on like nothing happened.

I'm not the most mentally stable man in the world.

least that's what the scars on my arm tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back