The Main Event Finish

Ushiku

Fulli Loaded
I didn't like how Jack Swagger ruined what had been a solid match with a run in, although I suppose it was wise to gain heel heat in such a way, especially when Dreamer was arguably in a dominant position in the match.

I'd mark out if Tiffany reaffirmed that she was the GM like she did today, and mentions that had no right to interrupt Dreamer's title shot when he had one of his own at Judgement Day, and as a result Judgement Day would be an extreme rules 3 way dance for the ECW championship.

How do you think the main event's finish will be used to build for Judgement Day?

Christian and Dreamer cut a great promo and put on a pretty decent match, especially for Dreamer since non-gimmick matches aren't really his speciality but he had a good showing imo. And I doubt Dreamer's going to just forget that Swagger cost him an ECW title match.

A run in was the only thing to do, I was expecting it. Christian was not gonna lose his title in just 2 days, and if Dreamers gonna get a shot, you can't have him lose right now. Besides, he needs to face a heel for the title, it will work better. I do dread the day he leaves, it will be the final shovel of dirt burying the Original ECW.

Look for a three way dance or a match between Swagger and Dreamer next week. The run in HAD to happen. What's the point of giving Christian a clean finish on dreamer when in six weeks, him or Swagger will pin him clean anyway?

This sets up for either a three way at Judgement Day or Dreamer v/s Swagger next week with the winner facing Christian at JD.

I saw the run in coming too, but its a question of consistency, and I'll be looking what WWE does next because they do have a tendency to forget about things when it suits them: Cryme Tyme's title shot, the Benoit tragedy, the TNA style anarchy of ECW's booking and storyline development...

I see Christian as champion as a fresh start for ECW, he's a credible enough champion who's over with the crowd on the mic and in the ring, however I would like to see a Tommy Dreamer heel turn.

Vince isn't hot on TNA or ECW, so I could see him having Swagger win back the title in a 3 way dance, but that's not who the ECW mark in me wants to win... I'd prefer a heel Dreamer, or Christian as he is.

An easy way to turn Dreamer heel following this situation is for a Judgement Day contract signing to take place, only for Dreamer to come to the ring armed with a barbed wire baseball bat, take out Swagger and Christian, add himself into the match and then cut a worked shoot that ECW has been raped by WWE and it needs its glory to be restored, so he's bringing the extreme back into ECW, and God help anyone who stands in his way. Tiffany could argue that she's the GM, a Dreamer Driver or Dreamer DDT to her would turn him heel easily. She's got that nice simple girl with a pleasant personality thing about her, couple that with an attack on Christian and Swagger (with Swagger being taken out first, before the swerve of taking out Christian) it would work perfectly and be a bit more believeable a turn than when CM Punk tried to turn with the New Breed angle.

An easy way to turn Dreamer heel following this situation is for a Judgement Day contract signing to take place, only for Dreamer to come to the ring armed with a barbed wire baseball bat, take out Swagger and Christian, add himself into the match and then cut a worked shoot that ECW has been raped by WWE and it needs its glory to be restored, so he's bringing the extreme back into ECW, and God help anyone who stands in his way. Tiffany could argue that she's the GM, a Dreamer Driver or Dreamer DDT to her would turn him heel easily. She's got that nice simple girl with a pleasant personality thing about her, couple that with an attack on Christian and Swagger (with Swagger being taken out first, before the swerve of taking out Christian) it would work perfectly and be a bit more believeable a turn than when CM Punk tried to turn with the New Breed angle.

Thats an awesome idea, but it may not turn him heel. The real ECW fans who still watch may love him more as will regular fans. Thats the Dreamer we like, the one that wouldn't job.

it would work perfectly and be a bit more believeable a turn than when CM Punk tried to turn with the New Breed angle.

Oh Christ that bait-and-switch turn was terrible. It looked like Punk didn't read the script beforehand and was just trying to improv everything like a first year high school drama student.

I also argue the point that I don't think they will go the "Extreme" route as much as we want it to, remember, TV-PG kiddos.

As a real ECW fan I'd mark out, as much as I'd try to keep it under control it just wouldn't happen and I'd mark out like crazy. However ECW has become Vince's little bitch and many of the current fans aren't real ECW fans, so I'm sure they'd sign with Christian over Dreamer... even so there's enough smarks in the audience at WWE shows that anything is possible, even Orton gets a few pops, and I'm sure if this was to happen there'd be a mix between the kids who are unhappy about Christian getting laid out, the casual fan, the smarks, and the ECW marks... so it depends of who was in the audience the night it happened. If they did it in Philly or New York there'd be a riot :p

Christian and Dreamer did put on a solid match, but it was obvious by the opening segment that it was not going to finish cleanly. I thought the run in was well timed and necessary to further the whole "Swagger-is-beyond-pissed-off-because-he-lost-the-title" storyline. I am thinking that we may be seeing a 3 way dance at Judgement Day. There is a strong possibility that Dreamer may be added to the ECW championship match. Throwing Dreamer into the mix opens up the slight possiblity that he may actually capture the championship before his contract runs out. The ECW title picture could be very interesting over the next few weeks.

That's what I mean, I know ECW's inconsistency can match TNA's in the storyline department, I just hope they don't drop the ball on this one. Because I can't honestly believe that after a great opening promo and a pretty solid wrestling match (especially for Dreamer who isn't known for his great in ring work) that Dreamer would just go off into the night, its not believeable from a kayfabe or shoot perspective that someone with such passion would lay down and take it like a bitch ala Kevin Nash (finger poke of doom reference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back