Did anybody else sense ring rust from Tommy Dreamer?

Uh, no –*TNA was doing .8's and .9's on SpikeTV, and rose to just about a 1.1 around the latter half of 2009. The 1.2/1.3 range they're at right now is actually an increase in their viewership since the dip they had in the early 2nd quarter of 2010.

You're full of shit.

http://www.gerweck.net/ratings09.htm

And that's just 2009. If you look at 2008 it's much the same.

Yeah, and? I'm not opting for a Hardcore division, or that TNA go "extreme" – just that they invoke the ECW name momentarily to try and bring some of those old school fans back.

At the expense of their present fans?

1.6 million disagree with you, and please don't rebut that with some type of comparison to the WWE. I've already explained why the WWE has the fanbase it has, and it has nothing to do with the product it puts out right now. They could open up a circus division and they'll still pull 3's, because their name sells, not their product.

I don't care at all about what WWE's fanbase is or your lame excuses for why WWE has far better ratings. All you have to do is look back at TNA's own history and see that the 1.6 million that may disagree with me are only making up for the large portion of fans that TNA lost over the course of this past year.

Time will tell.

It certainly will.

I really don't see how any true "hardcore TNA fan" could be turned away by this PPV...

At worst, they just won't order it... And Hey! TNA is giving those fans a Free Per View the next Thursday... So, if you don't want to see HardCoRE Justice, you can watch all your favorite TNA stars put on a quality show for free...

Why would any TNA fan be mad about that???

I say if the ratings do continue to increase during this EV2 thing, that they should make a hardcore division or make them a true stable and try to nilk them for as much as they can get...

You're full of shit.

http://www.gerweck.net/ratings09.htm

And that's just 2009. If you look at 2008 it's much the same.

Got me there.

At the expense of their present fans?

Are you seriously insinuating that current fans will stop watching the product because their hometown boys won't be featured for a single night? Talk about overreaction...

I don't care at all about what WWE's fanbase is or your lame excuses for why WWE has far better ratings. All you have to do is look back at TNA's own history and see that the 1.6 million that may disagree with me are only making up for the large portion of fans that TNA lost over the course of this past year.

Yeah, 20+ years of legacy sure is lame.

Back on topic, I dont think Tommy showed ring rust, he just tore his MCl the night before. Also he and Abyss had a good little hardcore match, nothing to set the world on fire but it was in no way bad.

I also loved the turn at the end by Raven I was waiting to see him beat Dreamer one last time!

Also any negative stuff about Tommy in his TNA match debut is just typical WWE fans responce to anyone going to TNA. One min they are the best in the world as soon as they are in the Impact Zone they are washed up has beens, its all about perception and fanboys.

This may just be the silliest thread title I've ever encountered. Allow me to explain myself. Tommy Dreamer hasn't been very much of what we like to call a "worker" since about 1995 boys and girls, when he was still rocking suspenders and giving people armdrags in the early days of ECW. So the idea of him having any big talent in the ring that he has to dust off and get back is a bit humorous because Dreamer long ago realized the indy crowds he worked just wanted brawls and blood, not wrestling, so he brawled, he didn't wrestle. Not to say he's bad in the ring, because he isn't. He's just not particularly good. But this brings me back to why I found this thread title so funny again, because that minimal brawling style that Dreamer has worked for the last 15 years isn't exactly something you would need to shake "ring rust" off of.

I mean, seriously, what ring rust? How would he forget how to hit someone with a weapon or his fists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back