• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ice Bucket Challenge

Dirty Jose's "Piss on ya' forehead Challenge"!

Give me $100

Or give me $10 and I pee on your forehead.

All proceeds will be donated to charity.

Charity of choice is paying for the beer that I must drink to continue peeing on foreheads.

Who the fuck is Charity & why does she get the money?

If you want, since we have similar business models, you can join THC. We could use a good man like you on our side.

I just dont see why people need to dunk water on themselves to donate? To each their own but why do you feel the need to be challenged to donate money?

I just dont see why people need to dunk water on themselves to donate? To each their own but why do you feel the need to be challenged to donate money?

Same reason they do fundraisers, runs, etc.

Activities generate exposure, exposure draws in people, people bring money.

It's not that hard a concept. You don't NEED the Ice Bucket Challenge to donate money, but the figures and proof is as plain as day: look at the amount of donations ALS had prior to the IBC, now look at it after the IBC.

People waste water every day, even yourself. So what's the problem with a fundraiser awareness challenge using a bucket of water?

Actually outside of having a shower each day i wouldn't be wasting that much water. However people doing ice bucket challenges, I'm referringe more so to Australia, will then go have a nice warm shower because of the ice bucket challenge.

Also its not bitching for the sake of bitching, places like Africa are without water and charities campaign for donations for clean water, you could donate the money you spent on that to clean water projects. There are also better ways than throwing water over your head, fun runs or walkathons are good because they also get people active which tackles another issue in obesity, thats 2 for 1.

Here's a video of a guy who actually has it. Just shows that the ice bucket challenge is actually helping

[YOUTUBE]m4RT-J_20aI#t=84[/YOUTUBE]

Video doesn't work Lee. But regardless stuff like that shows that regardless of how it happens the fact they're getting donations helps immensely

Here's a video of a guy who actually has it. Just shows that the ice bucket challenge is actually helping

[YOUTUBE]m4RT-J_20aI#t=84[/YOUTUBE]

Not denying that it isnt helping but just because someone with motor neuron disease participates, doesnt prove it helps

People come on here and complain about a bucket of water being wasted because people in other countries need clean water, yet could care less about all of the trees they are killing with their Kleenex consumption.

I have tried to donate, but lost all my motor skills after doing the IBC with a block of ice instead of small cubes. I hope no one tries it with icicles.

If, after all of this, you still don't understand how it helps, you're a fucking moron.

Actually read what i wrote, i know its helping. I was merely pointing out that just because a person who has an illness does an awareness campaign doesnt mean its working. For example, say i start a "skull a glass of milk campaign" for a charity, just because i find someone with the illness to do it doesnt mean its making an impact it could just mean one other person knows about it.

While I'm at it I might as well try and clear my opinion. The problem I have with the challenge is that people arent donating because its the right thing to do but because famous people are doing it. The other problem I have is when people donate even mention where to donate/ dont even donate themselves or more importantly what it is as in they just say "ice bucket challenge". Outside of all that, go crazy

It's obviously a good thing. The amount of awareness and money raised per video, is highly inefficient, and it could be raising more of both, but put it this way, everyone on Facebook is attention seeking one way or another, and if this week's trend is raising even the slightest morsel of goodness for the world, then that is a good thing. Obviously, I can say this because everyone who knows me in the real world knows I won't do it.

I'm planning out how I can stretch it. Obviously, being the ridiculous figure I am, there's absolutely no way I'm just going to tip an ice bucket over my head.

I'm planning out how I can stretch it. Obviously, being the ridiculous figure I am, there's absolutely no way I'm just going to tip an ice bucket over my head.

Yeah no one will be able to reach.

I'm doing it at the weekend probably. Only my aunt has nominated me and as she didn't donate she can fuck off.

Fucking cold.

It was damn impressive, Sam.

50mpm0F.png

The pistols were a nice touch.

Speaking of & a bit off topic, but does anyone else think that taunt Kalisto is doing seems a bit like Yosemite Sam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back