• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ice Bucket Challenge

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Let me see if I get it straight. Challenge someone. They either have to donate $100 to the ALS research thing (which not a single soul bothers to explain what the fuck it is) or just reduce it to $10 by dumping ice water over yourself.

The list of people publicly refusing the bucket and donating $100 is just fucking Charlie Sheen. America what in the flying motherfucking fuck?! The Northwest is in a Goddamn drout, the founder of the thing killed himself. Someone's already died from the stupid challenge. Cut it the fuck out and just donate the damn $100!

I challenge all of you to take The Room Temperature Cup of Water Challenge for common cold awareness. Nothing against Lou Gehrig's Disease, but the common cold affects a lot more people and hurts the economy to the tune of over $20 billion dollars a year thanks to missed work.

Killjoy said:
They either have to donate $100 to the ALS research thing (which not a single soul bothers to explain what the fuck it is) or just reduce it to $10 by dumping ice water over yourself.

So, those posting ice bucket challenge videos are basically admitting that they're cheapskates on camera while giving themselves a Barry Horowitz pat on the back.

Option 1) Pay me $100 & I wont let this homeless guy pee on you.

Option 2) I walk away without my money, this homeless guy starts pissing on you & he wont stop until you give him $10.

Mr. McMahon, Triple H, Steph and a couple other WWE guys took it. Pretty sure they didn't donate 10 but $9.99 instead.

Let me see if I get it straight. Challenge someone. They either have to donate $100 to the ALS research thing (which not a single soul bothers to explain what the fuck it is) or just reduce it to $10 by dumping ice water over yourself.

The list of people publicly refusing the bucket and donating $100 is just fucking Charlie Sheen. America what in the flying motherfucking fuck?! The Northwest is in a Goddamn drout, the founder of the thing killed himself. Someone's already died from the stupid challenge. Cut it the fuck out and just donate the damn $100!
That list you have is wildly inaccurate. Way more then just Charlie Sheen have refused get wet or just didn't do it. And if Charlie Sheen just gave $100 then he's a motherfucker. The vast majority of the celebrities who mention donating don't mention how much because it's not any of our business how they make their charitable donations, just like it's no ones business how much you, me, or anyone else donate to whatever causes we deem worthy. However one would highly doubt they give just $100 or $10 or anything, since they have the disposable income to donate more.

Oh and the founder of using the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS killed himself? That has nothing to do with the concept of goading people into giving to charity. Besides he didn't invent the Ice Bucket Challenge, he just started getting people to donate to ALS for doing it. Not to mention every report I've seen about the kid dying says he died in an accident, not a suicide.

Finally, if the people just gave money, then they wouldn't nominate anyone else to give money or do anything, and 750000 new donors would not have given money to ALS charities (a tenfold increase in donations based on the same time a year ago).

If it takes celebrities and regular people dumping ice water on themselves to help raise money to cure a despicable disease that slowly eats away at its victims, then keep doing it because it needs to be done.

I actually did the challenge today. Don't feel like I accomplished much besides amusing my friends of Facebook. Hopefully the people who have actually donated can eventually help fund a cure.

That list you have is wildly inaccurate. Way more then just Charlie Sheen have refused get wet or just didn't do it. And if Charlie Sheen just gave $100 then he's a motherfucker. The vast majority of the celebrities who mention donating don't mention how much because it's not any of our business how they make their charitable donations, just like it's no ones business how much you, me, or anyone else donate to whatever causes we deem worthy. However one would highly doubt they give just $100 or $10 or anything, since they have the disposable income to donate more.

Oh and the founder of using the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS killed himself? That has nothing to do with the concept of goading people into giving to charity. Besides he didn't invent the Ice Bucket Challenge, he just started getting people to donate to ALS for doing it. Not to mention every report I've seen about the kid dying says he died in an accident, not a suicide.

Finally, if the people just gave money, then they wouldn't nominate anyone else to give money or do anything, and 750000 new donors would not have given money to ALS charities (a tenfold increase in donations based on the same time a year ago).

If it takes celebrities and regular people dumping ice water on themselves to help raise money to cure a despicable disease that slowly eats away at its victims, then keep doing it because it needs to be done.

Any particular reason they can't just fucking walk like any other Awareness Fundraisers instead of wasting thousands of gallons of water?

Well this has produced a huge spike in donations. Like 1000%, I've read. I did it today. The thing is, if you refuse and donate 100 instead of 10, not as much money goes. If you donate 10 and do the challenge, you gotta challenge 5 other people. So you generate more money as they each challenge 5. I was challenged by the Old Spice man from the commercials if you look it up on YouTube.

C'mon folks, THC needs your help.

Selfishness is a stinky cologne. Dont make me call Dirty Mike & the Boys.

You could do what Verne Troyer and Kurt Angle did and use milk instead. Troyer even put a cookie in his mouth during. Kinda like me and sex.

Live Yáz;4974217 said:
You could do what Verne Troyer and Kurt Angle did and use milk instead. Troyer even put a cookie in his mouth during. Kinda like me and sex.
Yeah, but you use burritos instead of cookies.

The point about wasting water is beyond ******ed. There's no way the Ice Bucket Challenge has increased the amount of water we waste by even 1%.

Look at it like this. You or someone very close to you is affected by a serious illness. You come up with a harmless way to garner interest in the cause and raise a lot of money for research. Then some cunt bitches about wasting water. You're some cunt. If you want to bitch about water waste, go bitch at Coca-Cola.

Why do you treat almost every thread like it is the battle of Hoth? Holy shit.

This thing splits people down the middle. You either think its stupid or its a great idea. Every man, woman, child and their dog has done the challenge if you think thats not wasting water your delusional. Yes they've raised heaps more money than before but lets be honest, compared to the way larger amount of awareness they've probably got less than they should have. Also as Steve-O pointed out, and wrongly got hated on for it, there are many people who are doing it because its gone viral and dont even mention where to donate or what it is your donating to. I still have no idea what ALS is for and yes i could google it but with all of this attention shouldnt i know whats going on?

So what if the challenge has become bigger than the cause? Who cares if people are doing it for the 'wrong' reasons? A lot of charity work/donations are done to make the donator feel good rather than for needy.

The millions of extra dollars raised for ALS would seem to make that largely moot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back