• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The HUG heard 'round the world

kobrad

Pre-Show Stalwart
On Raw it opened with Bret and Shawn as they reunited and actually settled their differences and shook hands and awkwardly hugged.

The hug i am focusing on here. It seemed as if the hug was shawn's idea and that Bret wasn't really into the hug. You can clearly see Shawn and Bret talking.

What i think went down during the HUG heard round the world!

HBK: "Hey Bret hug me or you wont be on Raw anymore EVER again"
Bret: "Hey Shawn this sucks, and get ur hands off me"
HBK: "I wanted to superkick you but Vince said no"
Bret: "Figures, you still Vince's lapdog"
HBK: "Two words for ya"
Bret: "Eat me"
HBK: "Suck it"

HAHAHA this was just a really interesting hug for me and i thought i would play around with it because it is obvious it was forced as bret and HBK did not look pleased to be hugging!

What do you think was said between HBK and Bret during the Hug heard 'round the world?

On Raw it opened with Bret and Shawn as they reunited and actually settled their differences and shook hands and awkwardly hugged.

The hug i am focusing on here. It seemed as if the hug was shawn's idea and that Bret wasn't really into the hug. You can clearly see Shawn and Bret talking.

What i think went down during the HUG heard round the world!

HBK: "Hey Bret hug me or you wont be on Raw anymore EVER again"
Bret: "Hey Shawn this sucks, and get ur hands off me"
HBK: "I wanted to superkick you but Vince said no"
Bret: "Figures, you still Vince's lapdog"
HBK: "Two words for ya"
Bret: "Eat me"
HBK: "Suck it"

HAHAHA this was just a really interesting hug for me and i thought i would play around with it because it is obvious it was forced as bret and HBK did not look pleased to be hugging!

What do you think was said between HBK and Bret during the Hug heard 'round the world?

First of all, love the title thread.

But I have to respectfully disagree...

These two guys in the past have had so much personal hatred through the years spanning back to the fights they had and the infamous screwjob. Of course there is going to be tension. If there is someone you have hated in the past, you would not walk up with a chezzer(huge smile) going I am happy to be your friend and hug them, would you?

I think it was genuine. I had chills going down my spine and rightfully so, this was historic. I feel that Shawn was whispering something along the lines of.."Just put this behind us..." because where as some want the fued to continue it relay is the perfect ending. Teary eyed even. At first I wanted HBK to superkcik him, but after watching it again it was one of the best live moments in wrestling history, maybe only for me through, that I have watched on live TV. That is real chemistry and tension there folks. Maybe WWE should try two guys with differences more often?

I know you did not ask the question, but the whole promo was fucking fantastic. My hat goes out to both men and we can only hope that it is indeed, truly behind them and us.

PS: Even through I disagree with the dialog bit, I feel you made a good thread as at first I felt there too was a certain funniness about the hug, but on second viewing if you have not already maybe could change your mind just like it did mine.

Shawn- This doesnt mean I like you
Bret- Right back at you
Shawn- Fatty!
Bret- Baldy!

Seriosly though I want to beleive that this pair have genuinly made up. Its been 12 years and neither of them are getting any younger.

First off great thread topic why didnt I think of it
Second is that it was the most ackward hug of all time IMO
Thirdly.. isnt HBK now some kind of religious freak now (hence why he never is traded to Smackdown bc of obligations) so I think he really wants peace
Finally.. I feel it was a "thank you" from both of them that they both were able to do it and put it behind them and move on

I am a skilled lipreader, what was said was clearly this

Shawn: We've kept this going for 12 years now
Bret: You think they still buy it
Shawn: Course, the idiots think it was a shoot
Bret: Well, they are wrestling fans
Shawn: Yeah, there's still a bigger payoff to come between you and Vince though
Bret: Let's milk this for all it's worth
Shawn: My music's gonna play in a minute
Bret: Oh, there it is
Shawn: Spose I should let go now
Bret: You dont. . . have too

Make up your own mind

Watching this segment on monday was the most interested i've ever been watching TV, EVER. It was a moment for all moments. I believe it was the most shocking moment in WWE history. It will forever live. I hear some people say it looked fake, or they where just going through the motions....I disagree. It looked as real as real can be. The tension, and awkwardness could not be scripted. But the respect was also very evident. As far as what was said, i guess we'll never really no. I would think Shawn finally wispered "i'm sorry" to Bret. That just my opinion.

Just got off the phone with Bret.

Apparently Bret owed Michaels $10 for some denny's 15 years ago, and wanted to collect.

Interest boosted it to $1,421,000. Which is about what Bret is getting paid for 5 months.

Billie Jean i dont know if i have fully turned the corner but i think that they are both seriously over it by now i mean it is like one of those things that you gotta let go and since Shawn is a Christian now it is, in my opinion, easier for him now to admit mistakes and be able to forgive

I don't think Bret would have even appeared face to face with Shawn or shaken hands if they didn't make some kind of peace. He wouldn't even show at the HOF unless HBK left the room at WM22. I'm pretty sure the hug was planned because they both looked like they were expecting something to happen. Bret wouldn't have done any of that unless they buried the hatchet first. Shawn looked like he was crying, and he might have said something like "I'm Sorry", or "Thanks for forgiving me", something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back