• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Great American Bash Live Discussion

Agrex

The Canadian Sensation

Matches:
- WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Edge
- World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs. Batista
- ECW Championship: Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Fatal Four Way
- NYC Parking Lot Brawl: John Cena vs. JBL
- Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
- Divas Championship: Michelle McCool vs. Natalya

IDK, maybe cause Cena is the face of the company?

Maybe, but come on; I still think the World Titles should take precedent over him. Maybe thats just me, but again he is ALWAYS there. As much as I understand he's the face of the company, that doesn't mean he has to be the poster boy for a match that likely won't be one of the main events.

Dude they make these poster months before the PPV's take place, when they made it the plan could've been for Cena to be champ, and plans just got changed over time, and why wouldn't you have the companies top money maker in the forefront of a poster thy are trying to get people to buy

Christ this isn't gonna turn into another "Czena Sux" bitchfest is it, that crap is just tired and old, move on Cena ain't going anywhere for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

yea i agree here why is cena the for front of this poster it should be hhh or cm punk one of those 2 who currently have the belt or edge or batista but i'm not the one who makes the decision.

anyway i think taker will intefere somehow in edge's match so i'm looking forward to that.

the y2j/hbk match should be good.

if cena loses his match than his match will be good

and the punk/batista match should be alright

the rest i don;t really care about all that much

Aside from the HHH/Edge match, and the HBK/Y2J match this card looks pitiful.

Meh, the JBL/Cena match looked decent until JBL ran him over this past monday, that kinda fucks shit up, and the Fatal 4-way could be decent as well, other than that everything just looks like filler at best, I fully expect Punk/Batista to be a complete and utter train wreck of a match, Dreamer/Henry will be nothing more than a squash, the Diva title match will be just another diva's match, wouldn't mind seeing them add Cryme Tyme/Money Inc. 2.0 for the tag belts, and Matt/Shelton for the US title (just cause I want Shelton to win the US title)

Dude they make these poster months before the PPV's take place, when they made it the plan could've been for Cena to be champ, and plans just got changed over time, and why wouldn't you have the companies top money maker in the forefront of a poster thy are trying to get people to buy

Christ this isn't gonna turn into another "Czena Sux" bitchfest is it, that crap is just tired and old, move on Cena ain't going anywhere for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Actually, I don't mind Cena. I just see it as redundant for him to be at the forefront of the poster, giving the impression he'd be in some form headlining it, when he's not. Just sayin'...

Actually, I don't mind Cena. I just see it as redundant for him to be at the forefront of the poster, giving the impression he'd be in some form headlining it, when he's not. Just sayin'...

Well JBL did run his ass down on Monday, so I could see alot of people purchasing the PPV to see what happens

Meh, the JBL/Cena match looked decent until JBL ran him over this past monday, that kinda fucks shit up, and the Fatal 4-way could be decent as well, other than that everything just looks like filler at best, I fully expect Punk/Batista to be a complete and utter train wreck of a match, Dreamer/Henry will be nothing more than a squash, the Diva title match will be just another diva's match, wouldn't mind seeing them add Cryme Tyme/Money Inc. 2.0 for the tag belts, and Matt/Shelton for the US title (just cause I want Shelton to win the US title)

I forgot about the US title, and the tag titles. So yeah, four out of like 7/8 matches are okay. Not that bad. But in no means do I expect the Cena/JBL match to be good. The WWE will play the whole "JBL injured Cena" angle, therefore everyone will think it will be a complete squahs, but "against all odds" Cena will win.

Personally, I think this could be a sleeper card here. It has a chance to be really great, should all the competitiors bring their A-game.

Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin is official for GAB, and I think that match has the chance to be really good, are absolutely awful. When Matt Hardy's good, he's decent. When he's bad, well, it could be worse. When Shelton's good, MAN is he good. But when he has an off night, he makes Sabu look like Dean Malenko.

I think the Diva's Championship match is getting a bad wrap simply because the match is being contested for the My Pretty Pony Championship. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Natalya. She's inherited the family skills. Her "Hart" is in the right place. (beautiful pun, I know, they just come to me sometimes). And Michelle holds her own in the ring, at least better than a lot of the other Diva's. Plus, I don't care if she's worse than the Great Khali, she is fucking hot!! I would pay to watch her take off her coat.

HBK vs. Y2J- Best case scenario, it steals the show. Worst case scenario, we get a bullshit ending that could involve Lance Cade, Kofi Kingston, Paul London, Paul and Katie Lee Burchall and Mickie James. Look at that, you still got a ring full of talented individuals, and the match itself will still probably be great. This is not a match that people need to worry about sucking. Cuz it won't, unless God forbid someone gets injured during the match.

WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way- This could be a great match if they don't turn it into a clusterfuck. You've got John Morrison, The Miz, and Finlay, three incredible in-ring performers. (To think, a year ago the only way I would have said "The Miz" and "incredible in-ring performer" in the same sentence was if there was a "is not" in there). Jesse, Festus, Hawkins, Ryder, and EVEN Hornswoggle are capable in the ring. Don't lie to yourself, the little guy can wrestle! As long as they don't have all 8 men constantly in the ring, and as long as this doesn't become Hornswoggle's Laugh-a-long, it should be good.

John Cena vs. JBL in a NYC Parking Lot Brawl- These two guys are natural hardcore brawlers. These guys thrive in this sort of environment. the Latino Heat Parking Lot Brawl is still one of my favorite Cena matches, and are people forgetting that JBL is still Bradshaw of the APA? A former Hardcore champion. Plus, we mostly likely get Cryme Tyme, who are Money money, yeah yeah, AND Rhodes and DiBiase, who are simply priceless. This is honestly the match I am looking forward to the most.

ECW Championship- this is really the only match on the card that doesn't stand a chance of being any good. As long as it's short, I'll be pleased with it.

World Heavyweight Championship- This is another match that may end up pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised with the Kane/Punk match on RAW, and even though Kane is a better talent than Batista, Punk showed an intensity to his style that I hadn't seen in him for awhile. If he brings that intensity to the match, and Batista doesn't tear something, I'll be happy with result, even if Batista wins the title.

WWE Championship- There's no doubt this match will be good. I just wish it wasn't on this card. HHH vs. Edge is a money fued. It should be built up for Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania. The way I see it, if HHH retains cleanly, it's a waste of time. If Edge wins cleanly, we'll have a re-match, and probably another re-match, and probably another rematch, until HHH wins it back, by which point, the fued will be burned out and worthless. And if we get an obscure finish, like a double DQ or Count-Out, what was the point in having it on the card?! Draw it out til Summerslam. They could have done that without giving away the match already. There's so much SD! talent left off this card, why not have a tag match? Edge, Chavo, Bam, and Umaga vs. HHH, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, and MRRRRRRRRRRRR. KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYY... KENNEDYYYYYYYYY!!! It makes sense, all four men had a confrontation with La Familia in one way or another this past Friday night.

One more thing... why in the blue hell, has MRRRRRRRRRRRR. KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! been left off the card for the FIFTH STRAIGHT PPV?!?! He hasn't appeared since Wrestlemania!!

I forgot about the US title, and the tag titles. So yeah, four out of like 7/8 matches are okay. Not that bad. But in no means do I expect the Cena/JBL match to be good. The WWE will play the whole "JBL injured Cena" angle, therefore everyone will think it will be a complete squahs, but "against all odds" Cena will win.

But WWE.com already reported that Cena was only grazed, and is fine, completely able to compete.

One more thing... why in the blue hell, has MRRRRRRRRRRRR. KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! been left off the card for the FIFTH STRAIGHT PPV?!?! He hasn't appeared since Wrestlemania!!

I don't know. They might stick with the plan of not pushing him, despite how over he is. I am getting tire of waiting to see him as a champ.

Edit: In fact, I will change my sig in protest.

This should be good i might be here but then again i might not :lmao: im only watching the PPV for the Triple H and edge and HBK vs Jericho fueds

Personally, I think this could be a sleeper card here. It has a chance to be really great, should all the competitiors bring their A-game.

Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin is official for GAB, and I think that match has the chance to be really good, are absolutely awful. When Matt Hardy's good, he's decent. When he's bad, well, it could be worse. When Shelton's good, MAN is he good. But when he has an off night, he makes Sabu look like Dean Malenko.

I think the Diva's Championship match is getting a bad wrap simply because the match is being contested for the My Pretty Pony Championship. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Natalya. She's inherited the family skills. Her "Hart" is in the right place. (beautiful pun, I know, they just come to me sometimes). And Michelle holds her own in the ring, at least better than a lot of the other Diva's. Plus, I don't care if she's worse than the Great Khali, she is fucking hot!! I would pay to watch her take off her coat.

HBK vs. Y2J- Best case scenario, it steals the show. Worst case scenario, we get a bullshit ending that could involve Lance Cade, Kofi Kingston, Paul London, Paul and Katie Lee Burchall and Mickie James. Look at that, you still got a ring full of talented individuals, and the match itself will still probably be great. This is not a match that people need to worry about sucking. Cuz it won't, unless God forbid someone gets injured during the match.

WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way- This could be a great match if they don't turn it into a clusterfuck. You've got John Morrison, The Miz, and Finlay, three incredible in-ring performers. (To think, a year ago the only way I would have said "The Miz" and "incredible in-ring performer" in the same sentence was if there was a "is not" in there). Jesse, Festus, Hawkins, Ryder, and EVEN Hornswoggle are capable in the ring. Don't lie to yourself, the little guy can wrestle! As long as they don't have all 8 men constantly in the ring, and as long as this doesn't become Hornswoggle's Laugh-a-long, it should be good.

John Cena vs. JBL in a NYC Parking Lot Brawl- These two guys are natural hardcore brawlers. These guys thrive in this sort of environment. the Latino Heat Parking Lot Brawl is still one of my favorite Cena matches, and are people forgetting that JBL is still Bradshaw of the APA? A former Hardcore champion. Plus, we mostly likely get Cryme Tyme, who are Money money, yeah yeah, AND Rhodes and DiBiase, who are simply priceless. This is honestly the match I am looking forward to the most.

ECW Championship- this is really the only match on the card that doesn't stand a chance of being any good. As long as it's short, I'll be pleased with it.

World Heavyweight Championship- This is another match that may end up pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised with the Kane/Punk match on RAW, and even though Kane is a better talent than Batista, Punk showed an intensity to his style that I hadn't seen in him for awhile. If he brings that intensity to the match, and Batista doesn't tear something, I'll be happy with result, even if Batista wins the title.

WWE Championship- There's no doubt this match will be good. I just wish it wasn't on this card. HHH vs. Edge is a money fued. It should be built up for Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania. The way I see it, if HHH retains cleanly, it's a waste of time. If Edge wins cleanly, we'll have a re-match, and probably another re-match, and probably another rematch, until HHH wins it back, by which point, the fued will be burned out and worthless. And if we get an obscure finish, like a double DQ or Count-Out, what was the point in having it on the card?! Draw it out til Summerslam. They could have done that without giving away the match already. There's so much SD! talent left off this card, why not have a tag match? Edge, Chavo, Bam, and Umaga vs. HHH, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, and MRRRRRRRRRRRR. KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYY... KENNEDYYYYYYYYY!!! It makes sense, all four men had a confrontation with La Familia in one way or another this past Friday night.

If I could rep you, I so would.

Papa Shango you're now on my favourite posters list.

HHH Vs Edge, I am completely hyped about this match. It's new, it's for the title, and both are favourites of mine.

CM Punk and Batista will be okay I think. Not great but I think it'll be enjoyable. Hoping Punk keeps it though.

Jericho vs HBK will be good. They always have great matches. Hoping for a Jericho win and a conclusion to this feud though. Would love Jericho to be a proper main eventer some time soon.

I'll go to the bathroom during the divas match.

I wasn't looking forward to JBl and Cena until Raw. The whole running him over angle wasa good one. It'll be good to see how this pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back